Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the nails thing. Having worked in food places before, we've never been allowed even nail varnish of any kind.

However the gloves thing, if they're not changing them regularly then it's less hygienic than just washing their hands regularly. It's a big misconception that gloves are more hygienic.
I don’t mind then not wearing gloves if they have short, clean nails but the long plastic acrylic’s give me the boak around food.

Reactions: 7
I agree with the nails thing. Having worked in food places before, we've never been allowed even nail varnish of any kind.

However the gloves thing, if they're not changing them regularly then it's less hygienic than just washing their hands regularly. It's a big misconception that gloves are more hygienic.
Exactly, a bakery in my town regularly posts IG stories showing what they have on that day etc etc. Every time they post at least one of them will touch their hair/face with gloves on while looking into their phone camera, I bleeping hate it.

Reactions: 2
Anyone see their post re; not selling well at harvey nics?
What did they say?
I’ve never been to HN but I’m assuming there’s some amazing food concessions in there and theirs looks like a mums bake sale at preschool.

Yesss just seen I’m guessing the weather did play a part or maybe everyone who wanted to visit has already been 🤷‍♀️
I’ve never tried but it looks like somewhere you’d go once for a treat then that’s it

also I can’t put into words how much the signs in window annoy me 🤣🤣

2C8843CB-09E7-4001-91D0-9A3AE6A3B49C.png

Reactions: 3
Used one of their recipes from the book for the first time this week. Timings completely wrong and made the denses cake! Really disappointing!

It sounds like the demand is rather unpredictable and sometimes they are selling out, but other times they haven’t been that busy. Having said that £4.20 for a luxe brownie or cookie bar isn’t exactly cheap.

Yesss just seen I’m guessing the weather did play a part or maybe everyone who wanted to visit has already been 🤷‍♀️
I’ve never tried but it looks like somewhere you’d go once for a treat then that’s it

View attachment 1088151
I really don’t think the counter and the signs fit with HN. I know it’s finch style, but it’s very in your face so if you were a new customer it might put you off. I guess most people wouldn’t be going there all the time, so maybe that’s playing a part too. Maybe it would be different if there was seating and you could get hot drinks from elsewhere, people love a coffee and cake stop when shopping 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I really don’t think the counter and the signs fit with HN. I know it’s finch style, but it’s very in your face so if you were a new customer it might put you off. I guess most people wouldn’t be going there all the time, so maybe that’s playing a part too. Maybe it would be different if there was seating and you could get hot drinks from elsewhere, people love a coffee and cake stop when shopping 🤷🏼‍♀️
This is so true, a few seats is what it’s missing!
People might be more inclined to stop if it’s a little seated area

do they serve coffee in the main shop?

View attachment 1088151
I walked past the stand the other day. Personally I really like their bakes and don’t mind the girls. But the stand was in the corner of the beauty/perfume floor not on the food hall floor where I would’ve assumed it would be x

Don’t like to mum shame but these girls are out most weekends. Who has their kids 🥴🥴

I thought it was actually a hygiene rule with the nails but clearly not 😂
I worked in catering six years ago and we weren’t allowed nails even with gloves on! 🤔 I thought it was a hygiene rule as wel

Reactions: 6
Don’t like to mum shame but these girls are out most weekends. Who has their kids 🥴🥴

I worked in catering six years ago and we weren’t allowed nails even with gloves on! 🤔 I thought it was a hygiene rule as wel
I think granny has them. Looks like they've been hanging our their arses today too nice family time stuck indoors while they're rough

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.