Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pollie

VIP Member
I need advice Fezzas!! What’s the best exfoliant you’ve ever used?! My skin needs it.

Reactions: 1

reens84’

Chatty Member
Hello! Saw my doc. She got me to do the flu shot at 8 weeks pregnant. I felt a little judged when I said to her “I’m scared to do anything with injection since I’ve made it this far for the first time in my pregnancy “ but she said all good, it’s recommended”
She didn’t wanna do 8 week scan, next scan is in 4 weeks time. We will do NIPT in 2 weeks time.
We discovered I have submucosal fibroid.
Two things
1/ does flu shot effect pregnancy? (Google says no but your opinion all matter to me)
2/ is the fibroid bad and will it effect my pregnancy and do any of you have it?

thank you so much!
Oh I got the flu shot when I was pregnant! Was strongly recommended to me by my doctor. Do what feels right for you though! X
---
A
Hello! Saw my doc. She got me to do the flu shot at 8 weeks pregnant. I felt a little judged when I said to her “I’m scared to do anything with injection since I’ve made it this far for the first time in my pregnancy “ but she said all good, it’s recommended”
She didn’t wanna do 8 week scan, next scan is in 4 weeks time. We will do NIPT in 2 weeks time.
We discovered I have submucosal fibroid.
Two things
1/ does flu shot effect pregnancy? (Google says no but your opinion all matter to me)
2/ is the fibroid bad and will it effect my pregnancy and do any of you have it?

thank you so much!
Me again! Any reason why she didn’t want to do the 8 week scan?

Michy02

VIP Member
With all this talk of new washing machines on the ELL thread, I need to know which brand makes the fancy noises. 😂

I currently have a Miele frontloader, but I'm sure within the next couple of years I will need to upgrade....Miele is good, but it's expensive and I'm sure there are cheaper machines out there which are just as good.
My mums makes fancy noises and it drives me nuts. I’m happy with my front loader that just stops when it’s ends 😂
---
Super common to have carpal tunnel syndrome as a mum! you can get a brace from the chemist and keep up with anti inflammatories. i’ve had it for years and flares up from time to time, the brace just keeps it in the right position. No surgery here!!! if you’re using a computer make sure your wrist is supported and don’t hold your phone with your pinky at the bottom. Chiro helps me but i know that’s not everyone’s thing. i hope it feels better soon ❤❤❤
I had wrist and hand pain related to my years of heavy work on the computer, mobile phone use and age (wear and tear 😩) I had all the tests and it wasn’t carpal tunnel or rheumatoid arthritis. It was just overuse. Panadol and nurofen together helped with the pain, hot and cold packs also help and yes a brace from the chemist to help with positioning.

I still get pain now and then if I’ve gone hard on my mobile 🤪 but I try to rest my hands.

You can go to your Dr if worried and get a referral for some testing.

Last edited:

Pollie

VIP Member
I love her basics. These are all favourites and simple to make-
cottage pie, butter chicken, Greek chicken and lemon rice, lentil soup (my family don’t rate it, the prefer my family recipe but I really rate it) and bun Cha. I also love the pulled pork with home made bbq sauce, I make a massive batch and freeze portions that I can then use in recipes.
I’d love some suggestions as well, her website is so jam packed with recipes I feel like so many hidden gems can get lost.
Thank you! These all sound fabulous.

Pollie

VIP Member
Toddy tantrums are sooo hectic!
Bit of a hard question here but need recipe insp9!!I love Nagi, so can anyone recommend me the one dish I have to make from recipe tin?
Thanks!