Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grifter

VIP Member
Fezzas, I'm watching The Block at the moment and really like Oz and Omar, and Sharon and Ankur (especially Ankur - he is a sweetheart!). I feel that this lot got a bit of a snarky edit - anyone else agree?

Sarah Jane and Rachel drive me mad ... Rachel has so much filler in her lips that she can't talk properly. She's not fun to watch either - always complaining. Sarah Jane is very immature and scatty.

I did like Dylan and Jenny but she annoys me too - haha, at least I'm consistent! 🤭

The hero of the show is Scotty's dog ... what a sweetheart she is!

Judges-wise, I just loooooove Neale - I love him with Andrew Winter on Selling Houses, too (which might be coming to NZ - with them hosting!!!).

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the show this year. I think they've overcomplicated it in recent times - by introducing Alice from Domain and the Suncorp lady ... the game changer, too. I hope they go back to basics.
Yeah I agree with all you said about the block contestants.
Sarah Jane was immature but I could handle her, I really didn’t like Rachel, all she did was whinge and complain about how hard done she was.

Ankur and Sharon were ok, a little draining but I do think they were done dirty with the edit.

I didn’t like Jenny, she seemed like a snake and two faced, but most viewers seemed to like her.

I hadn’t watched the block for years but my kids (under 10) have loved watching it in the past couple of years 😂 I blame lockdowns 😵💫 so we watched it as a family

• Heart
Reactions: 1

rulebreaker101

VIP Member
Yes it was Black Cherry hand soap smelt so good haha. Oh that sounds nice I like cut up fruit and ice in water very refreshing.
yummmmm!!!! i usually cut fruit up in the mornings on weekends and eat them throughout the day. however during the day at work, i have one iced chocolate, so good

• Heart

reens84’

Chatty Member
Ohb
Oh yeah I do. My mum used to buy it and make it up in old cordial bottles. Juice concentrate, there was home brand and a better more expensive one.
Funny sorry, once I was sick, I went to the fridge for a big drink, opened that concentrate and sculled, it was so bad, I hadn’t realised it was so strong and I was choking on it and couldn’t catch my breath 🤣🤣
---
And wow, you can still buy it, different brand. This one makes 2 litres
Oh Thankyou! I can’t find it in Woolies or Cole’s!

CouldSizeDown

VIP Member
I had mine removed a few years back and sometimes I'm fine with stuff like mince; other times I'm not.

A lot of it will be trial and error for you - just because another gallbladder-less person can or can't handle something, doesn't mean you will too.

I'd recommend you start a food diary - record absolutely everything you eat and note how you feel a couple of hours afterwards. Record all drinks too, and additives (e.g., milk - what type, sweetener, what type, etc.). It will soon become obvious what you need to avoid. I usually give something a couple of attempts before writing it off.

My main go-to meals are grilled meat and steamed vegetables (no sauces).

I tend to avoid fatty and creamy things in general. I haven't had fish and chips since my surgery, which is kind of funny as I co-own and fish and chip shop!

Switching to lactose-free milk (Liddell's) or soy / coconut has been good for me. I still enjoy ice cream, but buy vegan which is made from coconut milk.
I'm likely going to have to have my gallbladder out relatively soon - this is so helpful - thank you!

• Heart

reens84’

Chatty Member
WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!
Omg omg omg congratulations ♥♥♥
---
Thank you so much for the love! It’s hard not to look at cute things but we are not buying anything yet! The only thing we got is a butterfly maternity pillow and the free hospital bag from the vic government they give out to first time parents! I’m so excited snd much more tired now hahaha 🥰🥰🥰🥰
Don’t forget to pop into the chemist and ask for a Bounty Bag too!

Director of Mugs

VIP Member
Love my dressing gown 😂. My kids got theirs as gifts, but they don’t wear them for the same reason! Just seem to get in the way.
They do! I got mine as a gift and I wanted to like it, but it doesn't work for me.

I’m very short (EmmyLou short 🙈) and the dressing gown I got is so bulky and practically drags on the ground. It looks ridiculous on but keeps me warm.
I'm about the same height as you then! I bought myself a Peter Alexander dressing gown years ago and it's the perfect length, it doesn't drag the on the groundm

Director of Mugs

VIP Member
Howdy fellow fezzas.....I need your farshun advice. Bought this to wear to an event and dunno what shoes will go with it. I didn't want to spend a fortune on said dress as I'll have nowhere else to wear it.

Might ask Emmy for some clodhoppers.
That's a gorgeous dress!

I was thinking a simple black heel or flat would look nice as that way you can wear the shoes again.

savethechildren

Hello, I have been silent a lot of the times. My sister is not doing well. She says she’s fine but her results say otherwise. Cancer is spreading, she is just skin and bones now :( I don’t know where I can find organic foods in fountain gate to make keto meals for her as she isn’t eating
Sorry to hear. Try Dandenong market?

reens84’

Chatty Member
@notgifted & @Kalesmoothie i am feeling so happy!! I feel nausea here and there but that’s when I haven’t eaten. I get nervous every week I must admit but then I’m like “let’s just be thrilled you are here!” And I get so happy. I work 8am till 5:30pm everyday, so when I get home at like 6:30 I nap 😝 my partner is super happy but also scared in first trimester but it is lovely he is reading all the pregnancy books with me and cleaning up after me 😝😝 it’s just so good, so happy and can’t wait for the first ever scan. Some people around me are also early pregnancy and get high anxiety about the scans but I’m like “you should really be excited, this is the most exciting time” !! I do wanna cry in a tv show I’m watching (ghost whisperer on disney+) and I wake up everyday now 5:30am to pee lol!!! But SO HAPPY! I’m so thrilled it’s hard to explain ☺
---
@notgifted be intrusive it’s fine! 😍
How are you feeling today? X

• Heart