Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

happyforest

Chatty Member
What about Himalayan salt lamps? Pros or cons?

Thank you to every one for participating. I am soaking up all your wisdom and fervently nodding my head.

I had never thought twice about my surroundings. After doing the Komnari method about 6 years ago on everything in the house and my wardrobe, I can say that things changed a lot in my household. Everything felt different, probably the energy flowing better. The kids were calmer and getting along better than ever. They're teenage girls so this is HUGE. The girls also Konmari'd their wardrobes and are now obsessed with everything being folded and laid out just so. Income improved (husband and I work from home) and the house just felt more peaceful. Even the dog's behavior changed. We changed the colour scheme to soothing tones a couple of years later, and now have key pieces that make me happy every time I see them, instead of having art or pictures on every wall just because.

Getting rid of clutter on the kitchen countertops was life changing. It's a pain to put away small appliances after use, but the feeling I get when I enter the room each morning, seeing the empty counters, is better than an early morning caffeine hit.

I need to remember to cover the bedroom mirror. I have a huge mirror that leans in a corner at the far end of my bedroom, which I cannot see from the bed, so that one should be ok left uncovered at night, right?

My dresser is directly next to the left of the bed and the mirror atop it faces the bed. The bed doesn't face the door, instead it faces North which is a lucky direction for us as a couple. Changing the bed around did affect our sleep patterns. My poor husband, I kept moving things around for weeks till I got it just right. So if you can see the bed in a mirror that's a no-no? Or is it if you can see your face in the mirror whilst on the bed?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oops...

VIP Member
I tried on the other thread to address matters but they were deleted. I feel very upset about what happened yesterday to our beloved @Oops.
Bless you! 💛I don’t think it just happened to me. I think it’s rubbed off on quite a few (exactly what I hoped we could avoid in the first place, sadly). It spirals and then either people leave or it attracts more of the wrong energy/people. I don’t know if anyone saw the avatar (now taken down thankfully) of someone who just joined yesterday morning or maybe the night before. It was heinous; yet a perfect example of what I’m trying to get at. You can actually chart the progress (rather like the kitchen door - whoosh it came in and didn’t stop!) from the time the s word appeared - it was all downhill from there. I had to try and speak up. I truly wasn’t trying to be difficult or a kill-joy - but I know you know that. X

Totally. It's now made me think twice about commenting. Or having to put a disclaimer with my comment. Fingers crossed our darling Oops will be back soon.
Sadly, I don’t feel my energy is right for there anymore. That’s really hard for me because I don’t know what I will do without all of you:cry:. Devastating isn’t the word...Your kindness in coming here means so much.💛

Thank you for coming to this thread. ❤ Just reading your name on the notifications made my heart jump. How are you doing @Oops...
If I’m honest - I feel completely lost because i can’t enjoy that forum any more. I was such a big part of my life during the last difficult year. It kept me going and kept me positive. I felt like I was contributing with my poems and daft escapades. If they made just one person smile it was hugely worth it as far as I was concerned. I know it might sound ridiculous but I felt really close to some of you on there. I now worry that things may go from bad to worse on there and that there might be an influx of more bad energy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

happyforest

Chatty Member
OMG, please tell me @Oops... hasn't been banned. She is such a lovely poster, full of wisdom and support.

I am so sorry to see all the recent discord and discomfort in the other thread. @Oops... was so bloody right, bad energy snowballs. Sending you all big positive hugs. This place is only as good as its posters and we need all of us to keep the wit and participation going. Tattle has been a big consistent highlight for me this past horrible year.

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
🛎🛎🛎@MissMidnight 🔔🔔🔔 (but only if you are well and strong enough of course).x🤗

At the start of this thread our @PixelGirl sent this thread good energy so this is a safe space.

• Heart

PixelGirl

VIP Member
Welcome and thank you for your post. You have suffered a very big loss indeed. I really get what you are saying - completely and it does NOT sound stupid. I will go and have a think before I reply to that because I don’t want to say the wrong thing. Did your father go in all your rooms when he was with you over Christmas please? Sending you warmest, warmest wishes .

Protem if this helps - when you clap you can open your windows and ask all negative energy to leave and all positive energy to remain. You might also specifically request all good energy attached to your father to remain.

I’m wondering what @PixelGirl might think about this too please?
@50sGirl I am so sorry to read about the recent death of your father ❤
When you clear the energy, the energy that is leaving is the stale, stagnant energy, not the tender energy. If you open the windows as you go from room to room. I would work upstairs to downstairs, but I think it's how it feels best for you. If you have a room diffuser, one of those electrical ones that mists, then you could add as you work some lavender oil, eucalyptus is good for cleansing and grief, mint is good for prosperity. Set your intention, you are asking the negative energy to leave your home and for the energy to be replenished. When you feel you have finished, you'll know when then hopefully the energy should feel lighter. When you've finished, personally, I would simply offer thanks to your home. (Mind you I thank my house every night for keeping us safe and sheltered.)

After this is done, I would sit quietly, maybe with some herb tea, keep the diffuser going if you can, the smell will fill your home. If you have a photograph of your father in a frame, then place it in front of you and light a candle. Close your eyes, breathe in and out deeply and speak to him, do this whenever you feel you need to say something to him, you don't have to speak it out loud, just in your mind is good. The light of a candle flame is supposed to bridge a crossing between this world and the world of those that have passed.

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Thank you, lovely things to say.
The night after I wrote that post I dreamt I went to my Dad’s house and he was there. He said it had all been a mistake and he hadn’t really died. In my dream I was so happy and I went to his kitchen to make him a cup of tea but when I went back into his lounge he’d gone. Then I received a text from him saying “So sorry, I’m on the way to hospital and I forgot to say goodbye.” I woke up crying my eyes out.

I was out of sorts all day, couldn’t really function, didn’t even check emails that day.

Next morning I checked my emails and there was one from the day before.
It was from the Covid Memorial Wall.
I had requested a heart be dedicated to my dad many weeks ago but, as names were being added to the hearts by volunteers, I knew it would take a while.
Attached to the email was a photograph of my Dad’s heart with his name on it.
There was a message painted on this section of the wall of hearts saying “Hope all loved ones are safe.”
My Dad’s named heart was directly under the word “safe”. I took it as a message telling me he is safe now. ❤
Sorry, not really Feng Shui but you said there is no such thing as coincidence...

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

So much of Feng Shui is about imagery (IMHO) so I think your post is pure Feng Shui.

I was so touched reading your profound post by the way. You describe it so, so beautifully.

I have seen photos of the wall of hearts and it is a deeply moving memorial. 💛

This is so beautiful. I completely believe this was a message directly to you. Thinking of you and sending my love xx
100% agree. 💛

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gertrude

Chatty Member
The pink quartz is called rose quartz, symbolises love. They are very pretty, I have one downstairs and one in my bedroom. In fact I have crystals all over my house, I've been collecting them for years.

View attachment 440526

(I am a Reiki Master, I have never worked at this where I charged but volunteered as part of a cancer support group for patients and their families to come for healing.)

I live here with my daughter and I am the one that has always done all the ironing. She gets her undies back, all ironed and neatly folded, aka Marie Kondo.
That is so pretty. Could you recommend me a legitimate website to buy crystals from? Would love to get one.

You’re such an angel for volunteering for cancer patients. My mum passed away from cancer and she had a lovely lady come to the support place where she was and do Reiki and she loved it. People like you make such a difference.x

• Heart

OutDamnSpot

I’m loving reading about what everyone is trying and how it’s working! I ordered a money toad this week and he just arrived. Getting him set up now :)

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Looks like CLAP FOR GREAT ENERGY DAY might be a goer! Brilliant.

Just as an idea (let me know what you think and if the date suits) since we are going into a new month on 1st March I was wondering if either last day of February (a Sunday which might suit more people) or first day of March (a Monday) might be an auspicious time for us to clap our corners? Let me know what you think. Also, if we leave it until then more people might join us all and the more the better intention/energy wise. I have never sage smudged myself as a Reiki Master did it for me but I have clapped. Maybe @PixelGirl might be able to shine some light on the best way of doing things. It might be a good idea for us all to do it at the same time if that’s possible too (depending on time zones of course). x

Upintheair83

VIP Member
@Oops... So that worked quick!.... got an offer on the house and we've made an offer on a house we like too! Wow! Thanks so much for the tips. Can't quite believe it xxxx 💛💛💛💛

• Heart
  • Wow

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
As you say, it is impossible in lockdown to buy anything other than groceries, unfortunately. I’m a huge Etsy fan but would take forever to arrive. I am so annoyed with myself as I used to go to Blackrock Market every other weekend with my kids. Lovely little place with cafés and my fave vintage clothing/accessories shop, Bella’s. She finally closed after lockdown #2 - so,so sad. Anyway, there was a tiny little shop that sold crystals and I would look in the window and wonder as to the benefits. Now, I think with nostalgia at these lovely businesses and wish I’d paid more attention, Ready to learn, though, and am excited to start small, absorb this wonderful advice, and make positive changes.

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
Just thought I'd post this as I have a feeling someone here needs to hear it:

If you have dripping/leaking taps in your house - either inside or out - get them fixed ... even if it costs a fair bit.

Leaking / dripping taps is symbolic of money going down the drain.

• Heart

happyforest

Chatty Member
Last night my husband reminded me to give our money toad the weekend off. I turned him around after thanking him for his hard work this week. The kids think we're mental.

But I don't care. One bit. ;) LOL

• Heart
  • Haha

Oops...

VIP Member
Oh I love this! Some of these things are hard for me to adjust so I’ll need to find remedies. For instance, the mirrors in the bedroom & coffin style sleeping. Not sure I can change the position of the bed, and we are saving to get the wardrobes remodeled. They’re from the previous owners who, by the way, had A LOT of bad luck. Interestingly, we’ve had a lot of good luck since we moved into this house. When I’ve some time, def reading up on remedies.

One question about front door / back door. We have a door in between the two separating the rooms. The front & back door are not perfect in line, and there are stairs blocking a 100% view, but the back doors are also the whole lengthy (mostly) of the back side of the house, if this all makes sense.

Does the middle door “make up” fir possibly being able to see partway through the house. It’s so hard to explain
Yes the middle door does help a lot. If the door is closable try to keep it closed maybe. Also, just as a tip make sure all doors throughout your home open and close freely and nothing gets stored behind them. As long as the energy can be allowed to meander through instead of gushing through it will be fine. So interesting its a lucky house for you. That often happens. The previous people took their energy with them. With a few simple tweaks here and there you can really get that existing luck to start spinning wider and wider. Picture that in your mind and set an intention for that to happen. So imagine a vortex of luck swirling through your house from the centre outwards and filling every nook and cranny...

As far as the bed goes one way of dealing with it whilst you are waiting to sort the wardrobes out is to sleep at the other end of the bed so your feet face the headboard pro-tem. This will sound bonkers but give it a go for 2 weeks and see if you notice any changes. It would be an interesting experiment. When people die in their beds at home its the bedroom door they go through in their coffin so that is where that idea came from. Ideally there should be no mirror you can look into whilst in bed. The ancient Chinese believed that the soul can leave the body whist asleep and it could get shocked if it saw itself in the mirror. My dressing table mirror faces my bed and I simply angle it downwards when I go to bed. I used to use a lovely fabric to cover it. I got the idea from a painting called Queen Charlotte‘s Dressing Table where she draped her mirror with crystal organza, so I recreated that whole look with a long drop cloth to the oblong table and draped the shield shaped mirror. Another thing with beds just for info is you should try to get into them from both sides. By that I mean that one side should not be pushed against a wall. In addition you should try not to store anything beneath a bed as stagnant energy can build up and affect your sleep/relationship.

When considering a house for central point purposes do you include an attached garage in the calculations?

@Oops... So if a house is open plan, with no stairs, where should a money frog be placed? I'm reading up but am confused about placement.

Found this:
Traditionally, the money frog should be placed in a home's energetic center of money. In classical feng shui, this is the southeast corner of your space. And in BTB (or Western) feng shui, it's the top lefthand area of your space as viewed on a floor plan.

The southeast corner of my house is a child's bedroom, and they aren't supposed to be in bedrooms, right? The top lefthand area is a garage that is attached to the house. Or am I being too literal and the frog needs to be in a living space only and orientation/measurements taken from that space?

Can money frogs from amazon really work? Do they need to be from a more "pure", less mass produced source?

I'm so confused. Help?
First of all the money frog/toad is an image of attraction or intent. It’s source might not be as important as the imagery. It matters that you like the look of it. For instance mine is made of glass with gold here and there because it goes better with my decor. You put your intention for the purpose you want the item to perform into the item when you get it.

Yes you should use the garage if it is attached. This may make the overall shape irregular if the garage is not the full length of the wall it is attached to.

If it was me I might place the toad in the SE corner of the area you sit in on a table perhaps So that would be the top side of your sitting area. You might also want to place a turtle image (I use a stone tortoise from the garden centre) facing your back door as you come in. It may help too to read up on the nine areas of the bagua. This can both be applied to a room and or the whole area on each floor. Both are correct.

To take measurements you measure externally l x w and then draw a line across the centre and where the line meets is the centre of you home and that’s where you might want to put your rose quartz for love and protection. I’ll try to explain what you do with irregular shapes in a later post.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PixelGirl

VIP Member
Can I ask what is significance of the banana theme in this thread? Are they good luck?
They might be, but they relate to a thread that we all follow (those with banana avatars) regarding a UK Influencer called Lydia Millen who was abusive to a heavily pregnant hairdresser. The hairdresser in an effort to placate her offered her a cup of tea and a banana.

• Heart
  • Haha

Oops...

VIP Member
Just to say - I absolute love this thread and feel like I've found my tribe with all you beautiful souls []
Oh! Such a lovely thing to say:). I love the idea of joining a tribe of beautiful souls - I have never thought of it in that way before.🍊 🍊🍊.

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I'm really enjoying this thread, who would have thought from LEM to here eh..! I'm a total newbie but finding everything you're all saying fascinating.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm soon going to be moving into my first home is there anything in FS that suggest would be helpful for a fresh start to bring good energy in? Or perhaps to clear the air of the previous owners? Thank you so much 💛
You can join us clapping our corners for great energy on 28th February - time yet to be arranged. That would be a great start for moving in. Bed placement is important (read earlier posts and watch YouTube for hints and help) and click on some of the helpful web-sites @PixelGirl has put up for us. Hope this helps. Any questions come back to us. 🍊

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I read the feng shui bedroom tips that was linked a couple of pages back.
One point confused me, though...
It stated that you should not have your back to the door when in bed because you should be able to see who enters the room.
I thought it was not advisable to be facing the door in a bedroom due to “the coffin” position.
Our bed is currently on the same wall as the door. I’d like to rearrange it but the only other option would be with our feet towards the door.
Not sure what to make of the conflicting advice. Any thoughts?
Definitely do not sleep with your feet facing the door of a bedroom. They say also you should not have an uncovered mirror in your bedroom at night too. If you can arrange everything in twos on your bedside table it makes for good relationships. There are so many little tips for the bedroom. Lilian Too helped me a lot when I was setting of on my quest years ago since she understands the western outlook. Do let us know when you feel ready to clap wont you? Also, @PixelGirl has put up some really good places for research higher up the thread. :m

I know this might be a silly question but how do you increase frequency? Is it more focus?

when I did my clapping, it felt amazing. I felt at ease for the entire day, which is something I haven't felt in a very long time.
PERFECT!! Sooo good to hear that 💛- I hoped you would. I did too.

So frequency is how others pick your energy up - so its the electrical charges you put out as energy and how that can be received. So when/if your frequency is off kilter others can misunderstand you for instance and you wont understand why they have misunderstood you. So its the vibration you vibrate on. Its really hard to explain but you notice it if a pattern starts to happen when others misunderstand you for instance if that makes sense. Or if someone is unkind to you for no reason and you feel hurt by that. The only way I know how to deal with mine is to ask myself what I’m doing wrong until I get the answer. Then I have to consciously work on that so my frequency makes me approachable or more compassionate or more steadfast and able stand up for myself. I would love for this to be taught in schools because it would be so helpful for children to take responsibility for their actions and learn to trust how they feel and how they come across. Hope that explains it a bit. However, bear in mind this is only my interpretation intuitively. Someone else might have a different meaning for frequency. You can be very drawn to someone’s energy but their frequency is something that makes you really like them (or not).

After I did my clearing on Sunday and changed the energy around me (and therefore my energy too) I became aware of my frequency being a bit off. So I have spent some time this week getting in touch with people I haven’t spoken to for a while and just realigned with them. I knew it needed to be done because maybe they were misunderstanding why I hadn’t been in contact. So yes it is more focus and examination I guess. (Why give a short answer when you can meander for a paragraph like I just have?) :m

There was a man called Royale Rife who invented a machine that cured cancer many years ago. Naturally it was called a Rife Machine. Apparently he was a Tesla based scientist (energy, frequency, vibration) and he found the exact frequency a tumour emitted and then blasted the tumour with that exact same frequency it was operating on and the tumour just disappeared. So this is a good example of frequency. I think the establishment did not like the fact he could heal people with the frequency or the vibration of his electric sound waves so they stopped him practising saying there was no scientific proof. The people he cured may well have disagreed. Or they may have ALL had spontaneous remission...I think he tried his machine out on 38 people only. So not very many.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha