Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
No! You only need one really! Mine is facing my front door as a cure for having my stairs facing my front door (wealth running out of house) so I also have one on the SE corner of my desk. A lot of FS is about direction and it can be confusing sometimes to work out your directions. You can look at a bagua and put that over the whole imprint of your house. However, as a general rule of thumb it’s safe to stand in your doorway of a specific room and SE is the far left hand corner as you stand in the doorway . Placement can be very hard if you worry about it. Please don’t. No need. I have been fortunate having a Feng Shui Master to help and he did my horoscope as well. All too much for now though. So - short answer, toad in far right left corner of either your desk or your room should work. If you don’t have a desk the SE corner of a room is good. If you go back to the beginning on this thread @PixelGirl shows you a perfect desk layout covering all the compass points. I miss her 😢.
Thanks so much! In going to read the thread and I think I'm also going to invest in a book too! It's so good of you to take the time and explain to me xzz

• Heart
Reactions: 1

PaddyDomino

Thank you for your lovely words.
If the house you are buying felt right then I’m sure it will be fine. Do the roads go directly “into” the front door if they continued onto your property? (Hope that makes sense) If so, could you plant a hedge or build a low wall at the front to ward off bad energy?

I think Bagua mirrors are supposed to be good outside by the front door. I ordered one a while back, I must put it up!

Now I need some help in my own home please.
We have a new neighbour who is an absolute nightmare. I won’t go into detail here but she is so inconsiderate of her neighbours it is awful. Is there anything I can use to ward off the negativity I feel coming from her side? Thankfully we are detached from her so do not share a building but I feel I need to deflect her nastiness away from across my driveway. We have a window that faces opposite her back gate. Thank you.
The roads sort of bends away and doesn't come straight on up to the front door, I think I will get a mirror to put over the front door anyway!
Maybe you could put up your mirror in a way that deflects that neighbour? 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 1

MissMidnight

VIP Member
Keep clicking the little box with the bell but no tag. Should i be looking elsewhere? Duh! 💛
Arghhh ... refresh/reload your page and the tag should be there, the thread is called PMs! ♥

If you have no luck, maybe I can quote the post here, but I don’t know if that’s allowed and I don’t want to accidentally break any rules? 🤔

I have another question, please.

I would like to do up my relationship corner tonight. I have four storage boxes that are still unpacked currently stacked in this corner.
Could I build a kind of "unit" with them and throw a blanket over them? And over this blanket I could then decorate the relationship corner?

I am asking as I am in this flat temporarily. I don't have sufficient storage space for the boxes nor sufficient space in the cupboards to unpack them.

Any advice? What do you think?

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’m working my way through this thread slowly, it’s very interesting. The house I currently live in was build by a Chinese couple who build it around Feng Shui. I even have koi fish to the left of the front door, my stairs turn instead of facing (running out)the front door.

you can download a feng shui app/ compass which will tell you the bast place to put the bed, mirror etc

I have long Chinese bamboo. I buy around Chinese New Year. I hang red ribbons or red symbols and put it in an auspicious area in my home. It’s been good for us. People may think it’s mumbo jumbo.... I’m holding on to it as it’s good 🎋
Wow you’re so lucky.
Which app would you recommend please?

I agree this thread has very good energy.

See: https://openspacesfengshui.com/feng-shui-tips/2010/01/how-to-place-the-feng-shui-bagua-map/

------------------

As an aside, and this message is for anyone reading:

You do need to err on the side of caution when following advice of others on this topic because, as an example, I've seen mention of the money toad bringing good fortune. Well, that's certainly the case, so long as you don't have it facing your entrance door or outside, or else all your money will escape. Plus, you shouldn't put all your faith in this one charm turning your fortunes around. Feng Shui is a practice that takes a lot of hard work and education to achieve. Equip yourself with as much research as possible before investing in any tools/charms or making any radical changes, or else it's all a waste of money and effort.

Thank you.

I looked at this sight and also have the Bagua map, but I still couldn't figure it out.

If I stand in the entrance door to the flat, the bathroom and bedroom are behind it on the right side.
Does it mean the corners on the right side stretch out to the bedroom?
Or would it be best to treat each room a separate space with the separate corners?

Oops...

VIP Member
Thank you.

I looked at this sight and also have the Bagua map, but I still couldn't figure it out.

If I stand in the entrance door to the flat, the bathroom and bedroom are behind it on the right side.
Does it mean the corners on the right side stretch out to the bedroom?
Or would it be best to treat each room a separate space with the separate corners?
Separate space and separate corners probably best at this stage. Hope this helps. It has been dealt with in earlier posts if you scroll back x

Libbylulu

VIP Member
It sounds to me like you have a natural feel for the energy in your home anyway if you already don’t do clutter - which is brilliant. If you OH is putting anything under beds decorate a lovely box for them ( one you won’t mind looking at) and put all the under bed stuff in the nicely decorated box. A thick cardboard box decorated with decoupage that you like and glued on...a) it’s a nice project, b) shows you care, c) you hav3 created a nice solution. The energy under a bed is very important to keep unhindered because that’s where you rest. Just to say that your front door is the mouth of your house so it’s very important to keep it very clean and fresh and to have live plants if it’s possible. If you don’t mind having an ornament as opposed to a picture you could buy a money toad and sit him on the stairs. This will enhance your finances too. Here’s a photo of mine ( from eBay). He’s crystal glass but you can get other toads made from different fibres such as metal etc if you like the look of them more. My feng shui master told me to have him facing the wrong way at weekends to give him a rest and also to give him 4 weeks holiday a year. I thought that was a bit daft ( actually I always forget is more the truth) so mine works all the time! He’s on the fifth stair up (pocket height).

View attachment 2664013
I have a metal toad on a cabinet by my front door but I thought it had to face inwards (it has a coin in it’s mouth) - am I wrong?

BorisBear

VIP Member
Hi again so very happy to hear all your excellent good news! This came from your focus and set intentions. Well done.

Please can you put up a larger site plan and say which of the
houses you are considering? It’s hard to see the most auspicious position without details of surrounding property. Thank you xx

For instance it’s important not to live in the end house in a cul de sac...

I know that spiky plants like cactus are not good indoors as they can cause arguments and spiky conversations. I am not sure of what a snake plant is can you put up a photo?
The plot is the where the red dot is, end house but it isn’t a cul de sac

Attachments