Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DandyTandy

VIP Member
An update on the money toad and vision boards. They do work! I finally have my dream job which I will be starting in June. Hopefully I will find a place to live that is better feng shui than what I live in currently. I am so overjoyed. Thank you for all of your lovely advices. I am very grateful! 💕

If one of the items on vision board comes true, do you replace it with something new or leave it?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

happyforest

Chatty Member
How big a rose quartz crystal for the center of the house would be appropriate? Or how small to still work? I'm looking for one and the sizes range all over the place.

My money toad arrived on Tuesday. I put it on red paper and placed it at hip level (wallet level) facing the living room. I made sure to think of my intentions as I placed it. Curiously, the very next day something I've been searching for for close to 15 years became available and I snapped it up. It was a bargain too, half the price I would have been wiling to pay for it. Not sure if the money toad had anything to do with that, but it's something I've been very keen to have and had never seen it available online until yesterday. Last night my husband told me we've had a verrrry good week in our investments. YAY!

So get those money froggies everyone and set your intentions!

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
Just to say - I absolute love this thread and feel like I've found my tribe with all you beautiful souls []

• Heart

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
I couldn't figure out how to copy the posts from the other thread, so here is some from @Oops... (i will delete it if it is not okey)

I suppose it’s too late to let L know that it’s really bad Feng Shui to be able to see the back door from the front door of the house. Much safer to leave the door on. Good energy cannot be accumulated because the energy will gush out too quickly. Someone hasn’t done their research - again...

NEVER have a loo above a front door.
NEVER sleep beneath beams.
No sloping ceilings if possible.
NEVER have front and back door facing each other (you should not be able to see straight through your house if possible)
No mirrors in bedrooms that face the bed (if you have cover them at night)
Don’t sleep above a kitchen if possible.
Stairs should not face front door if they do you have to hang something to dissipate the energy as all your wealth runs straight out of house.
Don’t live opposite a T junction. (Arguments)
Don’t choose a house at the end of a cul-de-sac.(illness)

There are so many things and so many ways around the negative things. Hope this helps a little bit.

A crystal bauble from the ceiling in between the front door and stair case which will move when the door opens might work. IF you can bear wind chimes that would be ok. (I cant bear the noise of wind chimes and they would not go with my decor although I have used them outside).

Ah ha! In that case put your money toad on the third or fourth step up of your stairs in the rt hand corner. At weekends you should turn him round so he faces the other way. Also - and I know this sounds ridiculous - my FSM said to give him a month’s holiday every year!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Obviously, I can’t answer any of your concerns because I am clueless on the subject but what I will agree with wholeheartedly is that clutter is the enemy. I have repeatedly told my family members to refrain from covering my kitchen island with stuff. I find untidy living spaces deeply stressful. My teens also did the Kondo method and one even stuck to it.

Really looking forward to learning more about our health concerns and how we can find some possible solutions. Hasta Manana ❤

• Heart

happyforest

Chatty Member
UGH, toilet seats. I guess there's mechanical ones now that you can preset to go down on their own. That's an idea at least.

My father was a severe germaphobe and developed OCD quite badly in his later years. One day, whilst in his 70s, he went into the bathroom and got his feet wet. You can imagine what it was. He calls my mum in and complains and she explains that the floor is always wet thanks to him, that she comes in after him to clean as best she can each time. Well he immediately started sitting to pee! He was the most macho, gruff, ass of a man, so this was huge. Word got out to my sisters about it and we all tried to get our own husbands to follow suit. I mean if my father, Mr Macho could do it and not feel emasculated, then they could too, right? My husband just laughed his ass off at me and walked out of the room. But my sister's husbands both pee sitting down now, and remember to close the toilet too. Seething with jealousy. LOLOL

I've ordered a money frog! I'm so excited!

@Oops... I would be DELIGHTED to participate in a clapping or smudge event. I have never smudged so would need instruction. I used to practice yoga a few years ago and at certain classes the wonderful English instructor would hone in on energy and have us work on intentions. The reality of the shared energy in the room was undeniably beneficial to all.

I've always loved houses that look unassuming from the street, but then are unexpected when you enter them. With great light and surprising open spaces. I thought this was because I felt the least assuming house on a given street would be burgled last. Having had a home robbery ages ago that could easily have been a home invasion since they came in during the day on a Saturday, it's been a real concern since. But now I wonder if it isn't just the energy that we feel when we view houses. Some houses just *feel* happy.

I had an old house ages ago here in the US. I should say it was old to Americans; it was built in 1907. I loved that house from the second I set foot in it. I had to have it, and didn't even bother making a low offer. We happily paid the full asking price which wasn't the norm at the time. Anyways, this house needed work, I pulled the fabric wallpaper off to redecorate and chunks of the walls came down with it. We had to re do the walls, the electric was a mess, live wires everywhere and only one outlet in each room at a weird mid wall height. But the house was such a happy energy house. It had amazing light in every single room, city views, and water views. I could feel the house almost sighing in happiness as we brought it back to its former glory, choosing fixtures that matched its era, etc. We had to sell it and move to another state due to work and the real estate agent organized an "open house" event but he couldn't be present so sent a different agent to oversee the event. Well this agent, a woman, walks in and says, "OH! There's ghosts here. Happy ghosts. Have you felt or seen them?" I remember feeling horrified that she might say this when buyers were present and scare them off. But no, we ended up having a bidding war and made so much money that we were shocked. Think over 2 years of an executive's salary of profit in one fell swoop, and the real estate market wasn't really all that hot at the time. The couple that bought it had shown pictures of various houses to his mother who was dying in hospice and she told them they MUST buy our house, that its energy was lucky. They kept upping their bids and even asked if we'd leave our furniture and artwork because their mum had implied it was exactly the right placement and scale for the positive energy.

The house had stairs, but at the back of the house, and what beams it had were as room dividers, not crossing rooms. No slopped roofs, despite it being 3 stories and having grand rooms. Looking back it's almost as if the builder or designer was following Feng Shui principles when it was designed. Even the front door was unique in the way one approached it, clear, with excellent light as you came through.

I'm so grateful to all of you for all these tips, since we're looking to move again in a couple of years and have already started looking at houses and contacting builders to maybe build something to our specs since we'll be empty nesters soon. I'm energized now to apply these principles to house hunting or the design we end up with.

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
I received an advert for a kind of lottery raffle. Should I give it a go and buy it? Maybe the little toad sent it?

Or does Feng Shui not go with lottery?
I think you should. You have to be in to win. Don't go crazy - even a minimum spend puts you in with a chance.

Feng Shui definitely works in tune with lotteries. A lot of practitioners will fold their lottery ticket(s) in half and insert their Feng Shui gold coins in the fold to encourage a windfall, or otherwise place their ticket(s) under their money frog or - even better - their Pi Yao ornament.

I used to visit a very lucky lottery store in the middle of nowhere that had a huge large laughing Buddha statue on its counter; there were many urban myths that rubbing one's ticket on his belly would encourage a lottery win. I will say that it definitely worked for me. I'm not rich, but that method did send a few wins my way -- not every time I did it, just occasionally.

• Wow
  • Heart

RubyRu

VIP Member
Loving this thread.

I moved into a new house a couple of years ago. Had my facing a mirrored wardrobe, was unexpectedly sick (vomiting) for no reason. A friend came around (Wiccan) and told me to move the bed. That fixed it up straight away!

• Wow
  • Haha

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’m working my way through this thread slowly, it’s very interesting. The house I currently live in was build by a Chinese couple who build it around Feng Shui. I even have koi fish to the left of the front door, my stairs turn instead of facing (running out)the front door.

you can download a feng shui app/ compass which will tell you the bast place to put the bed, mirror etc

I have long Chinese bamboo. I buy around Chinese New Year. I hang red ribbons or red symbols and put it in an auspicious area in my home. It’s been good for us. People may think it’s mumbo jumbo.... I’m holding on to it as it’s good 🎋

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I've been catching up with this thread for the past week or so, I'm really enjoying the information and the general sense of support and positivity <3 I have some questions (which I will ask later, when I can gather more thoughts more eloquently) but trying these out to feel less stuck and trapped sounds like a great start. I am not in a position to alter anything where I currently live - even though I badly want to but hopefully even adjusting my own space will help lighten things up a little bit.
Yes you can use it as a gateway to more clarity for the future. A simple action taken can cause a positive domino effect in many areas. So for instance drawing all window coverings back and letting light in can be such a good start. Then open the windows if you can. Then clean them if you can. Also, you can join us on Sunday for our group Clap For GREAT Energy event. Simply clap your corners in every room until you feel a bit of a change in the energy. In the meantime if you feel like it you could just do a general tidy and throw/give away where /if you feel it necessary. When you change the energy around you somehow it feels better. When that feels better you may find you feel less stuck yourself. The good thing here is that you can share it and let us know how you get on. They say every journey starts with one small step and hopefully you might feel able to try that. It’s all a matter of degree and working at a pace that suits you and feels right. Everything is energy and energy is everything. Welcome here and hope you can keep coming back to us. :m

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Allow me to post a picture of my art. Do feel free to admire my great talent:sick:
The eagle-eyed amongst you will see I have forcibly stopped myself from drawing a GATE ;)
4CD0FE1D-A31B-40A3-8757-1D4850002F80.jpeg

If I could have found my crayons I would have coloured it in...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Bunnybee1349

OOOhhhh this is ALL so fascinating to me and something I'd never really thought about before coming across it on the Lydia thread! I'm half chinese and feel like this is definitely something I am missing in my life! We're just about to extend and renovate our house and something I definitely want to get right. Already ordered the lucky frog/toad and am loving all the tips in this thread so far!

Is there a book you can recommend that covers the basic principles well? I've had a look on amazon but they all sound very similar and without any knowledge of it all I dont really know which ones to go for/trust. Thank you!

• Heart

OutDamnSpot

Hi everyone,
I’ve been a long time lurker on The Other Thread but when this thread came into existence I was delighted and knew I wanted to get involved. I’ve found myself saying recently that since my husband and I bought our current house 5 years ago we’ve had nothing but rotten luck, and it’s got me thinking about the energy in the house.
I’ve had a Feng Shui book next to my bed for months that I read about 15 years ago (Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston) but wanted to revisit and this thread has given me the motivation to begin re-reading it today! I’m so intrigued by everything that has been posted so far, but I was wondering if anyone knows any Feng Shui related to fertility? I’ve now had 4 IVF cycles and am planning to begin more soon, and if there’s a way of altering the energy at home to be beneficial in that respect then I’d love to learn more 💛

• Heart

happyforest

Chatty Member
Well I think the clapping has done something here. We usually have a very peaceful household, so that hasn't changed. Yesterday evening after the morning clapping, we had Chinese takeaway and drinks. I hadn't had alcohol in a while and felt it intensely, remembering after the fact that it will invariably wake me up at 3am (thank you perimenopause - FML). Anyhow, I did wake up at 3am as expected. But instead of feeling irked like I would normally, I did not feel the anxiety that I would normally feel. Thoughts about lost sleep meaning a harder Monday, etc. Instead, my thoughts automatically went to positive ones and I drifted back to sleep. New puppy woke up at 5am to go out, took him out and returned him to his crate, and went back to bed. Again this is normal.

However, what wasn't normal is I didn't feel anxiety like I would have this morning. The gardner was due and I had a million things to do which would usually leave me feeling scattered. But I wasn't feeling scattered at all. Even the day itself, well it's been an amazing day. Lots of boring chores, work, puppy chores, etc. But I've felt so calm and peaceful. I think it was the clapping.

Thank you to everyone. I had never heard of clapping corners. At minimum all this Feng Shui talk has made me more conscious of my surroundings, my thoughts, my frequency, per se. I feel like I'm being a better worker, wife, mother, sister, daughter, as a result.

And the new puppy had his first pedicure today! LOL I expected a hassle, as I've yet to meet a puppy that enjoys the process. He struggled, he's ticklish, and wasn't having it. But we overcame, I outsmarted him, and his nails are beautifully smooth thanks to the Dremel. (If LEM is reading this, please trim Porter's nails! LOL)

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Hi, everyone. Beautiful, sunny day in Dublin. Great day for great energy. Used the diy orange peel spray instead of sage, did my energy clap with nature music via youtube and wore a white shirtdress just to add to the vibe. Teens let me down and wouldn’t get out of bed and complained bitterly that my clapping awoke them. Ha! For a first time, am very proud of self! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Interesting thread.
I used to be interested in Feng Shui many years ago but since I moved house I’d not even thought about it.

Re the energy clap on Sunday...
Now this is probably going to sound so stupid but please bear with me as I’m extremely sensitive at the moment.
I lost my dad last month. Last time he was in my home was on Christmas Day.
I’m worried if I do the clap to clear the energy then I’ll be clearing him away at the same time and I couldn’t do that.
Am I being silly? It’s all still very raw right now and I like to feel that he is still around me (even if he’s not) and I don’t want to lose that feeling.
Thank you.
So very sorry for your loss. I can totally understand your reservations about clapping to clear energy so precious to you. I remember when my father died, my toddler - at the time - used to go looking for him every time we went to his house. She would go instinctively to all of his most familiar places in the home - his greenhouse, his wardrobe, etc and call his name as if we had hidden him. You have raised such an interesting question. Sending heartfelt commiserations on your recent loss.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

BeccaBanana

VIP Member
It’s SO interesting you have said this. It’s also a great example of what goes on energy wise (even if we didn’t know about it).
Are you able to turn your bedroom into a study and have the study (assuming the study is downstairs and minus beams!) as your bedroom? As I write this I am really aware it sounds ridiculous...however, I happen to know quite a bit about beams from my own experience and I will let you know about that at another time.
Beams over your head (especially in a bedroom over the bed) might cause the energy to become oppressive which translates into arguments, fracture of relationship and the feeling of being oppressed.
Please let us know when you get the round mirror and if you notice any difference.
Are you able to cover/disguise the beam? Would it be possible to create a decorative canopy over your bed for instance so that you could not see the beam? This might help diffuse the energy.
We do have other bedrooms we can use but this one really is the master as its got the large ensuite and dressing room off it, so don't really want to give it up! Literally every room in the house, upstairs and downstairs has beams, it's a 300 year old farmhouse so they're an integral part (rather than stick on ones like Lydia would choose ;-) ) But I could move the bed a few feet over so the beam isn't directly down the middle of us, or can put a canopy or something over it to defuse the energy. I'm definitely going to look into it.

It's weird because this is really a total dream house, but from the day we moved in, the most awful things have happened - literally my worst nightmare scenarios. At one point I was convinced it was cursed. I even ended up burning those wooden African face masks that we had, as I heard they can be cursed or bring bad energy. It was a souvenir from Kenya that we brought back from our honeymoon and I burned it in the fire!

In the last 6 months since I've done a lot of clearing out and sorting and putting things in order, things have been notably better. No arguments, much lighter mood etc, but I have considered trying cleansing with sage and getting crystals around. At one stage, I even said we needed to sell because I was so sure the house had a curse!!

• Heart
  • Wow

Oops...

VIP Member
Thank you, this is wonderful! I must look into the coins and red ribbon. I remember I told you long ago that my father was an avid sailor and you kindly remembered and paid a lovely tribute to him in Fur Babies. He was also an architect and, was, in fact, President of RIAI at one point. I was brought up in a Georgian house, constructed around 1838, and it was a very beautiful home. His pride and joy, however, was the holiday home he designed in West Cork. It was magical - the views of the sea were stunning and the design was impressive. Lots of windows and light and quiet ahead of it’s time.

When he died, the upkeep and maintenance on the Georgian home was relentless and my poor mother really struggled with being on her own. I would get phone calls daily about one thing or another requiring attention. I know it sounds selfish, but the phone calls were draining and I found myself resenting the house as well as my mum. I was the only family member nearby and my husband worked abroad Monday to Friday.

It’s interesting, though, because my younger sister, on returning home from Australia and later Paris, bought a Georgian house with her partner. Somewhere in my subconscious, I must have favoured the holiday home because when we bought our current house, even though it is in the city, emulates the interior of that house. It looks innocuous from the outside but is full of light and space on entry. I try to not fill spaces - I like restraint. I have a little thing for corners - I love to put some feature there but in proportion. Anyway, I digress. I suppose I just wanted to give you some background and explain that weird resentment that I feel guilty about and that it so influenced my own house choice.

Getting back on topic, I have lots of artwork of boats and sailing and I find them so calming so I’m delighted that they are also beneficial to the energy that surrounds us. The two work desks are also backed up against the wall, so that’s good. As regards the loo seat, my husband is the world’s worst. I cannot get him to comply no matter what. 😡

Thanks, @Oops, and lovely to get the opportunity to share here.
I love that post! I love the idea of your dear father building you all a house he designed and I love the idea of you all enjoying it. I remember well you telling me about him and the song that spoke to you that he loved. There are some very good reasons why you loved the seaside house more than the Georgian one...
First of all not only was it designed by your lovely father but it was NEW! Therefore it carried no energy from the past. Secondly, it was filled with light - this is SO important! Thirdly you had views of moving water. Combine them all and you had all the ingredients for a perfect environment!
I have a passion for Georgian properties because of the scale of the rooms and the light and the symmetry. I love symmetry. However, FSM said houses with history are anathema to Feng Shui. He actually told me I have a family of French people living in my wine cellar and they play cards all day. They moved in in late 1700’s he said...He told me to move them on I have to have children playing noisily in the wine cellar. I thought long and hard about that but since I have never seen or heard them and since they don’t bother me at all or cause anything to go wrong (that I am aware of) I would rather they remained; as I hate the thought of displacing them and would worry where they would go. I must say I thought he was a bit bonkers when he said that. Also, the wine cellar and the gym next to it feels lovely (to me). I like the energy of it as it is.

Just to say, energetically - when someone else passes responsibility on to you it is very natural to feel resentment of the extra responsibility - so I get what you say about your mother. I don’t think you resented your mother I think maybe you resented the fact that it put pressure on you. I also understand what you say about the upkeep of old property. It is never ending. My dream at the moment is to have an architect design me a new house of Georgian proportions with everything built into it. It might be hard for me to leave my garden though. If it had sea views and a beach to walk Teddy Bear on I would be delirious. I have been really thinking about this lately. I found a house recently that would be perfect just outside Bath. It’s described in the blurb as a modern masterpiece and it looks Georgian from the outside. However, it is opposite a church and a graveyard. The Church is a poison arrow in FS because of its shape and a graveyard view is a big no no. I lived in Bath years ago and loved it and the house was in a Crescent and had 101 stairs. If I left my phone at the top of the house it might stay there for days because it was such a fag to go back up for it :eek:. That house had a sizeable Feng Shui story to it which I may refer to from time to time as we go along. Eventually and reluctantly I had to move. It was my perfect home but my energy and its energy didn’t always agree...despite my very best efforts. At the same time I had a London flat which was bright, ultra modern, overlooked the river and I LOVED it too. There I had my minimalist life. Everything was white and linear and if you put a newspaper down it made the place look untidy. I loved the simplicity of it and always felt very centred when I stayed in town.

Talking about corners (this is the second time corners have been mentioned) I thought maybe we could all get our heads together as a group and nominate a day when we could all clap our corners to activate the energy. I haven’t done that in the house I live in now but always used to years ago. In addition we could all get sage and smudge sage in our homes and then if we all did it on the same day we would have a very interesting topic to discuss together. If anyone would like to do that as a group endeavour do say. It might be really good fun and we may all experience some very good energy from it at the same time. 😍 Just a little idea, no pressure though...

@Oops... I’m curious about this poem now! 😄 and I’m also assuming you wrote it after seeing your talent for excellent writing on The Other Thread
It said;

POLITE NOTICE
Think about the energy when e’er you use this loo
The loo seat’s better down but know it’s always up to you...

:m

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha