Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that if you live in a T zone area (your house face the end of the road), then you place a small mirror at the front of your house to deflect the incoming energy from the road.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I have done the Marie Kondo thingie throughout the house and it's helped massively. Also changing the paint colours completely altered everything. It's so nice to now only have things that we love or are efficient and useful. However, I wish I knew more about mirror placements, colours that are best to decorate with, etc.

Anyone know anything about hair? I have read that fringes block luck.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Can I bring my question across? One teen sleeping in bedroom above kitchen and other teen attic conversion sloping ceiling? All other items on the checklist ok - are these serious problems?

Reactions: 4
Yes!! Is there a way to cross-post all of those tips from the previous thread? itd be interesting to learn / discuss ways to combat th issues, like the front door and you can see out of the back of the house.

Reactions: 6
That’s interesting about the knives. I’m now off to reorder my kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I couldn't figure out how to copy the posts from the other thread, so here is some from @Oops... (i will delete it if it is not okey)

I suppose it’s too late to let L know that it’s really bad Feng Shui to be able to see the back door from the front door of the house. Much safer to leave the door on. Good energy cannot be accumulated because the energy will gush out too quickly. Someone hasn’t done their research - again...

NEVER have a loo above a front door.
NEVER sleep beneath beams.
No sloping ceilings if possible.
NEVER have front and back door facing each other (you should not be able to see straight through your house if possible)
No mirrors in bedrooms that face the bed (if you have cover them at night)
Don’t sleep above a kitchen if possible.
Stairs should not face front door if they do you have to hang something to dissipate the energy as all your wealth runs straight out of house.
Don’t live opposite a T junction. (Arguments)
Don’t choose a house at the end of a cul-de-sac.(illness)

There are so many things and so many ways around the negative things. Hope this helps a little bit.

A crystal bauble from the ceiling in between the front door and stair case which will move when the door opens might work. IF you can bear wind chimes that would be ok. (I cant bear the noise of wind chimes and they would not go with my decor although I have used them outside).

Ah ha! In that case put your money toad on the third or fourth step up of your stairs in the rt hand corner. At weekends you should turn him round so he faces the other way. Also - and I know this sounds ridiculous - my FSM said to give him a month’s holiday every year!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Great tip! Am off to put mine in the drawer. My eldest is doing leaving cert so needs all the help she can get especially the year that’s in it. Thanks, @Gertrude, I’m a novice but eager to learn.
Oh, so am I! I don’t know a thing about it but have been sucked into it after it was mentioned on the other thread. Interesting too see whether making some little changes will make any difference. I think we could all do with some positive vibes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Can I bring my question across? One teen sleeping in bedroom above kitchen and other teen attic conversion sloping ceiling? All other items on the checklist ok - are these serious problems?
I am not sure about the kitchen but the attic, try to see if you can place the head of the bed at the highest part of the ceiling.

Edit: i didn't see the response in the other thread.
Is her bed above the cooker? Try and move the bed if you can if it is. If its above the cooker and it can’t be moved place a round mirror face down under the bed (I would do that anyway even if it isn‘t over cooker TBH ) and this sends the fire energy back down to the kitchen below. I wouldn’t worry too much if you have a young teen in the attic but might have to do a few tweaks as she grows older. If you have beams in an A shape room you can hang 3 pink tassels off the beams (I did that in one of my rooms as instructed by FSM - well he told me red but I chose deep pink and he let me keep them). A sensible thing to do is to let your girl over the kitchen sleep in your bed for 2 weeks to see if you notice any difference. (If you have a spare room let her try it in there for a while). If someone is ill in your family changing their bedroom can have a profound effect vis improvements)
ALL the credits to @Oops... I just copy and paste so it's all collected on here 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Answered on other thread.

Might I just suggest if anyone makes any changes as a result of what we say here it would be really interesting for all of us if those changes are logged and then we report back every 2 weeks or so. It might be very interesting to actually chart our progress. For instance @Pixel Girl said she was going to get amother money toad and @BeccaBanana said she was moving hers to the stairs facing the front door. Tweaks may be tiny or seem to be tiny but the results can be impressive (in my experience). Anything that creates a change for the better is very good for all of us. Results might be magnified by the number of us who are here too. That’s the thing with energy - you CANNOT kill it and it magnifies when you are with like minded people and it can send you in directions you may never have expected. If everyone has good intentions then we have good intention to the power of our numbers. Tesla said if you want to understand the universe learn about energy (I have paraphrased his exact words). Interestingly, both Tesla and Einstein were great proponents of reincarnation since it’s impossible to kill energy. We are all energy forces.

There are various different forms of Feng Shui. I worked with a Master who also did my Chinese Horoscope for me as that can make quite a difference. He went through each room in my house and told me what were the potential problems and what I might be able to do to override them if I wanted to. He worked with a bagua took measurements and found the actual compass points correctly. He overprinted my bagua on the footprint of my house on each floor and the bagua divided into 9 areas. Each area represents a family member as well as money, health, wisdom etc. I had great results with my business when I had an FSM come years ago and laid everything out in a slightly different manner but similar. My business went through the roof after I consulted him so I had measurable proof that it worked. After that each time I moved I had a FSM come and work on each property for me to help me understand everything better. So over the last 25 years or so I have picked up quite a bit of knowledge although I am not a Master and I have never actually studied it formally (although I have devoured it informally). I love hearing about what others who are interested do. It’s such a positive and fascinating thing to know about and discuss and share.

A lot is spoken about the actual compass points and how to take readings etc. This is quite advanced stuff and this comes as you learn more and more. As a general rule of thumb though its ok if you stand in the doorway of a room and take it that the far right corner is SE and the far left is SW. Things can change depending on the age of the person in each sector too but if you are new to it this kind of detail isnt all that important.

The best advice I can give anyone is to measure the footprint of your house and find the GF centre point and at that point place the biggest Quartz Crystal (pink) you can find. This is the centre of your house and all things stem from here so the pink quartz fills it with love and protection.My house is L shaped so my crystal is placed outside on a terrace. Then I had to put mirrors up on my garden walls to create the space that was missing. The areas that were missing were the eldest daughter and the eldest son. So I planted a HUGE Magnolia tree in a massive pot to infil this space and plan to introduce a moving water feature to infil the missing area of the eldest son. The eldest daughter can also be yourself if you are the eldest. It’s all sounding a bit complicated maybe but starting with the basics is always a good idea - probably room by room depending on what you would like to achieve or draw to yourself energetically. Just focus on energy and trust your instincts on what feels right.

When I moved to my house the first thing I had to do was rejig one of my first floor bathrooms to remove the loo that was positioned right above the front door. I wanted to change that bathroom anyway so simply had the loo placed on a middle wall instead of under the window above the front door where it was. Not only did the room look and feel better I no longer had to worry about anyone going to the loo over the top of the mouth of the house (the front door). Hope I’ve made that understandable.

Anyway I’d love to hear all your stories and would like to help if I can if this is a bit new. If it is new, welcome to a great new hobby/interest :p

This is interesting regarding the money frog (poor thing, I keep calling mine a toad!) https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-place-your-feng-shui-money-frog-1275008

There's this too. https://www.thespruce.com/feng-shui-cures-for-your-home-4045768
Mine is deffo a toad! :p

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Answered on other thread.

Might I just suggest if anyone makes any changes as a result of what we say here it would be really interesting for all of us if those changes are logged and then we report back every 2 weeks or so. It might be very interesting to actually chart our progress. For instance @Pixel Girl said she was going to get amother money toad and @BeccaBanana said she was moving hers to the stairs facing the front door. Tweaks may be tiny or seem to be tiny but the results can be impressive (in my experience). Anything that creates a change for the better is very good for all of us. Results might be magnified by the number of us who are here too. That’s the thing with energy - you CANNOT kill it and it magnifies when you are with like minded people and it can send you in directions you may never have expected. If everyone has good intentions then we have good intention to the power of our numbers. Tesla said if you want to understand the universe learn about energy (I have paraphrased his exact words). Interestingly, both Tesla and Einstein were great proponents of reincarnation since it’s impossible to kill energy. We are all energy forces.

There are various different forms of Feng Shui. I worked with a Master who also did my Chinese Horoscope for me as that can make quite a difference. He went through each room in my house and told me what were the potential problems and what I might be able to do to override them if I wanted to. He worked with a bagua took measurements and found the actually compass points correctly. He overprinted my bagua on the footprint of my house and the bagua divided into 9 areas. Each area represents a family member as well as money, health, wisdom etc. I had great results with my business when I had an FSM come years ago and laid everything out in a slightly different manner but similar. My business went through the roof after I consulted him so I had measurable proof that it worked. After that each time I moved I had a FSM come and work on each property for me to help me understand everything better. So over the last 25 years or so I have picked up quite a bit of knowledge although I am not a Master and I have never actually studied it formally (although I have devoured it informally). I love hearing about what others who are interested do. It’s such a positive and fascinating thing to know about and discuss and share.

A lot is spoken about the actual compass points and how to take readings etc. This is quite advanced stuff and this comes as you learn more and more. As a general rule of thumb though its ok if you stand in the doorway of a room and take it that the far right corner is SE and the far left is SW. Things can change depending on the age of the person in each sector too but if you are new to it this kind of detail isnt all that important.

The best advice I can give anyone is to measure the footprint of your house and find the GF centre point and at that point place the biggest Quartz Crystal (pink) you can find. This is the centre of your house and all things stem from here so the pink quartz fills it with love and protection.My house is L shaped so my crystal is placed outside on a terrace. Then I had to put mirrors up on my garden walls to create the space that was missing. The areas that were missing were the eldest daughter and the eldest son. So I planted a HUGE Magnolia tree in a massive pot to infil this space and plan to introduce a moving water feature to infil the missing area of the eldest son. The eldest daughter can also be yourself if you are the eldest. It’s all sounding a bit complicated maybe but starting with the basics is always a good idea - probably room by room depending on what you would like to achieve or draw to yourself energetically. Just focus on energy and trust your instincts on what feels right.

When I moved to my house the first thing I had to do was rejig one of my first floor bathrooms to remove the loo that was positioned right above the front door. I wanted to change that bathroom anyway so simply had the loo placed on a middle wall instead of under the window above the front door where it was. Not only did the room look and feel better I no longer had to worry about anyone going to the loo over the top of the mouth of the house (the front door). Hope I’ve made that understandable.

Anyway I’d love to hear all your stories and would like to help if I can if this is a bit new. If it is new, welcome to a great new hobby/interest :p

Mine is deffo a toad! :p
I am definitely new at this. I stumbled upon Feng Shui at the beginning of the pandemic. I would love to hear all the advices. I am going to find myself a pink Quartz first.

Speaking of toads, I got myself one of those wooden croaking toads. It brought me more money than I expected, especially during a pandemic!

• Heart
Reactions: 12