Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think having an issue with the photos is an incredibly personal thing. 3 years ago when my first baby was stillborn, I went on a total purge and unfollowed and removed accounts that could cause me pain. I hid posts from pregnant friends to avoid having to see it.

I would have been absolutely heartbroken if somewhere I thought wouldn’t trigger me, did. And that’s absolutely fine that I’d of felt that way. It’s also fine that she posted photos, she shouldn’t have to hide away and pretend it wasn’t happening once she made that decision to share. But life after loss is different for everybody. It’s ultimately up to everybody to protect themselves over depend on somebody to do it for them.
I completely agree with this. I had no problem seeing the pictures myself, i though she looked beaming in every single one but she herself had made a point of saying ‘this will be a safe space, wont be posting baby/bump stuff’ which is where I think some people found it difficult to see them. Of course they could unfollow but they were sort of told they wouldnt need to.
Just like to add I was delighted to hear their news and wish them all the best. I dont need to know the babys name (i happen to think she will share it but maybe once she ‘returns’ to the ‘gram) just glad shes here safely

Reactions: 6
I completely agree with this. I had no problem seeing the pictures myself, i though she looked beaming in every single one but she herself had made a point of saying ‘this will be a safe space, wont be posting baby/bump stuff’ which is where I think some people found it difficult to see them. Of course they could unfollow but they were sort of told they wouldnt need to.
Just like to add I was delighted to hear their news and wish them all the best. I dont need to know the babys name (i happen to think she will share it but maybe once she ‘returns’ to the ‘gram) just glad shes here safely
I totally predicted all of this. Just sneak previews of baby feet and hair and no name.. what a cliffhanger! Perfect way to keep her followers wanting more.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I totally predicted all of this. Just sneak previews of baby feet and hair and no name.. what a cliffhanger! Perfect way to keep her followers wanting more.
oh here you are... if you don’t like her why do you follow her???

Reactions: 14

Oh would you ever just do one.

"Perfect way to keep her followers wanting more".

Idiot.

Reactions: 11
She’s done the thing that is right for her and her family, she owes nothing to followers on a social media platform. .

I think she’s done a brilliant job of bowing out gracefully. She clearly had a tough time during this pregnancy and i think it’s inspirational that she’s taken some time away to focus on her new little one rather than using it as an opportunity to flog her followers a new breast pump or expensive changing bag (or a magic sponge if you’re Millie Mackintosh). She owes the internet nothing, she started her blog to tell a story that some people may find comfort in and she finally has her happy ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m not sure how to articulate this, but I am pretty sure her followers are the furthest thing from her mind. She didn’t set out to have a large following and it only came about because her son died; I’m certain she would rather not be in the public eye but to have all her children safe, healthy and alive. I don’t begrudge her stepping away at this moment and she owes us nothing of her daughter.

Reactions: 25
Never been more glad that social media didn't exist when my babies were born. We had real proper baby bubbles back then, feels so special now looking back.

Reactions: 9
If Elle had posted constant pics of her baby then someone would find a reason to moan. She is bowing out gracefully and I can't say i blame her.
Alof of people are using their kids as cash cows and nice to see Elle isn't one of them.
Yes it would be nice to know the little ones name and I'm sure we would know at some point not that it's our business but i am nosy. There's a good chance she and Nico haven't decided.
Good luck to the 3 of them, they have waited a long time for this and babies grow up so quickly you don't want to miss anything because you are uploading an Instagram grid post or story like many insta celebs do.
She will be welcomed back when she's good and ready.

• Heart
Oh would you ever just do one.

"Perfect way to keep her followers wanting more".

Idiot.
Just don’t get why everyone is gushing over her page. I don’t follow her by the way - just know from what I’ve read here. I’d probably have done the same if I were her! 🤣

Reactions: 1
Just don’t get why everyone is gushing over her page. I don’t follow her by the way - just know from what I’ve read here. I’d probably have done the same if I were her! 🤣

She writes so beautifully about loss. Her experience captures what many other women have sadly experienced but can’t articulate.

She hasn’t grabbed at all the freebies being offered her.

And now she finally has her happy ending. It’s difficult to find fault with her.

Reactions: 14

Maybe she knows how to express and write about multiple losses better than the rest of us who have experienced it can. We can relate to her struggles. We feel an affinity with her and the fact she hasn't sold this baby out to make a quick buck with sponsored/ads/afs and collabs when so many other new influencer mums have endears her to me even more.

Why comment on this thread then and post throwaway comments about her if you don't follow her? Baffles me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You’re in the Rave topic, that’s why posters say nice things.

Reactions: 8
Im delighted for her but the last post bowing out of instagram is a bit dramatic. I thought she made the same post couple weeks back. She should have bowed out a while back as she seems to have (understandably) been struggling.
Couldn’t have said it better ✅✅. So ridiculously over dramatic 🙄🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Couldn’t have said it better ✅✅. So ridiculously over dramatic 🙄🙄
When she took her first break, I think most people assumed once she had the baby, she’d be back to posting as normal. I interpreted her recent post as her informing everyone that even though she had had the baby, she wasn’t going to be back to normal. I think she’s got a lot of people invested in her story who would be confused as to why she was taking a break when baby’s home safe and well.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
[/QUOTE
Well good for you, looks like you are aptly named.

Reactions: 3
I am over the moon for her!
However she is quite clearly still on Instagram because she’s been replying to loads of comments this morning 🤔

Reactions: 5
I am over the moon for her!
However she is quite clearly still on Instagram because she’s been replying to loads of comments this morning 🤔
she could have just said she might be a bit quiet on Instagram for the foreseeable (which we knew would be the case) and then dipped in and out if she felt like it... it didn’t really need to be a big thing... I find it all a bit bizarre 😂

Reactions: 6