Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still chuffed to pieces for them. She is a complete inspiration. Supporting so many others through the roughest time imaginable and then taking time to drink up all the special time with her babe. She is just amazing.

definitely think baby is called Hope. How prefect.

Reactions: 9
She’s friends with lots of my friends (sadly not close friends) and I so want to know the name. But obv respect her decision.

Reactions: 2
Im delighted for her but the last post bowing out of instagram is a bit dramatic. I thought she made the same post couple weeks back. She should have bowed out a while back as she seems to have (understandably) been struggling.

Reactions: 8
And that is how to Influence: give new Mothers permission to not watch social media. Give new Mothers space to not be sold all the gifted stuff the other new Mums are #gifted.

This woman is one class act.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am genuinely over the moon for Elle, I have been rooting for her the whole way through and have nothing but respect for how hard the whole experience must have been. She’s an incredible lady and clearly has amazing support from Nico and her family.

However, I feel to bow out of Instagram when she has had thousands upon thousands of people rooting for her every step of the way, without even telling them the babies name is bad form. I understand her reasons for not plastering this baby all over social media and I completely agree. But as posters have said above, although she says it is to keep it a safe space for bereaved parents, there are a large number of pictures of her pregnant. To announce the babies name would cost nothing - all these people have been with her along every step of her journey. Picking her up when she’s been at her lowest points and cheering her on every step of the way. I just think it’s unnecessary.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I am genuinely over the moon for Elle, I have been rooting for her the whole way through and have nothing but respect for how hard the whole experience must have been. She’s an incredible lady and clearly has amazing support from Nico and her family.

However, I feel to bow out of Instagram when she has had thousands upon thousands of people rooting for her every step of the way, without even telling them the babies name is bad form. I understand her reasons for not plastering this baby all over social media and I completely agree. But as posters have said above, although she says it is to keep it a safe space for bereaved parents, there are a large number of pictures of her pregnant. To announce the babies name would cost nothing - all these people have been with her along every step of her journey. Picking her up when she’s been at her lowest points and cheering her on every step of the way. I just think it’s unnecessary.
I think it’s a smart move, I don’t think people should know your child’s name when you share where you live etc. Obviously I’d love to know.
But we know her surname, the area she lives. I would not be comfortable for 1000’s of people knowing that much about my new baby.
As for bowing out, I think she deserves to have this time. I think she actually deserves to not receive messages about loss for a while too. It’s important to put your mental health first. Also i hope she’s given people after baby loss hope, but seeing baby pictures everyday must hurt others too.

Reactions: 21
I think someone (not just her, anyone else) who has been in her position is entitled to do whatever she wants or feels is best for the family.

She doesn’t owe anyone anything imo And I think thats the problem with being so public, people think they own a part of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think Elle is absolutely right to step away at this time, she has waited so long for this that she should be free to enjoy it without feeling guilty that many other families are still struggling. Not to mention, her Insta was somewhat of a job to her, it is normal to take maternity leave.

I also don't agree with criticism around Elle sharing photographs of herself pregnant. Why should she be ashamed that her family was finally growing?! For every women who is crushed to see that Elle is no longer waiting, there will be another who is given hope. I know she initially said she wasn't going to share any, but she obviously had a change of heart and that is okay, she wasn't running a public service.

Elle possibly feels that 'Feathering the Empty Nest' is like a book that now has it's happy ending. The nest is no longer empty so this is a fitting time to sign off.

P.S. I am the nosiest person alive and I would love to know the baby's name as much as anyone else but Elle owes us nothing.

Reactions: 41
I think Elle is absolutely right to step away at this time, she has waited so long for this that she should be free to enjoy it without feeling guilty that many other families are still struggling. Not to mention, her Insta was somewhat of a job to her, it is normal to take maternity leave.

I also don't agree with criticism around Elle sharing photographs of herself pregnant. Why should she be ashamed that her family was finally growing?! For every women who is crushed to see that Elle is no longer waiting, there will be another who is given hope. I know she initially said she wasn't going to share any, but she obviously had a change of heart and that is okay, she wasn't running a public service.

Elle possibly feels that 'Feathering the Empty Nest' is like a book that now has it's happy ending. The nest is no longer empty so this is a fitting time to sign off.

P.S. I am the nosiest person alive and I would love to know the baby's name as much as anyone else but Elle owes us nothing.
Everything you’ve said 👏🏻

Reactions: 9
I think she’ll inform us of the name if and when she returns. Shes completely right to spend her time with her family instead of on her phone. Influencers get criticised for not spending enough time with their kids, yet she can’t win no matter what she does 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
I think it’s a smart move, I don’t think people should know your child’s name when you share where you live etc. Obviously I’d love to know.
But we know her surname, the area she lives. I would not be comfortable for 1000’s of people knowing that much about my new baby.
As for bowing out, I think she deserves to have this time. I think she actually deserves to not receive messages about loss for a while too. It’s important to put your mental health first. Also i hope she’s given people after baby loss hope, but seeing baby pictures everyday must hurt others too.
This exactly. She doesn’t owe anyone anything, she’s not like some influencers who rely on their following for their lifestyle and therefore should expect to have to sell a certain amount of their personal lives. She never set out to be famous unlike Hinch/Lydia Bright/Sam Faiers etc, she was a mum sharing her story of loss and she has a right to keep private things private.

Reactions: 17
I respect her also. Too much of a digital footprint out there of so many influencers children. I think it is because she wanted teddy's name out there so he wasn't forgotten but this little girl can pave her own way x

I do think having an issue with the photos is an incredibly personal thing. 3 years ago when my first baby was stillborn, I went on a total purge and unfollowed and removed accounts that could cause me pain. I hid posts from pregnant friends to avoid having to see it.

I would have been absolutely heartbroken if somewhere I thought wouldn’t trigger me, did. And that’s absolutely fine that I’d of felt that way. It’s also fine that she posted photos, she shouldn’t have to hide away and pretend it wasn’t happening once she made that decision to share. But life after loss is different for everybody. It’s ultimately up to everybody to protect themselves over depend on somebody to do it for them.

• Heart