Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to absolutely love Vivienne Westwood Boudoir, it was incredibly heady šŸ˜ Iā€™d spray my scarves with it and if you put them away the scent would still be there next winter it was that strong. You could get a big bottle of eau de parfum off Amazon for Ā£18. Just searched online and itā€™s discontinued šŸ’” Canā€™t believe people are selling bottles with a sliver in for Ā£80.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to absolutely love Vivienne Westwood Boudoir, it was incredibly heady šŸ˜ Iā€™d spray my scarves with it and if you put them away the scent would still be there next winter it was that strong. You could get a big bottle of eau de parfum off Amazon for Ā£18. Just searched online and itā€™s discontinued šŸ’” Canā€™t believe people are selling bottles with a sliver in for Ā£80.
I love Vivienne Westwoodā€™s perfumes!

these and Tiffany are my go to special occasion ones!

I also love Black opium and moschino (the long red bottle)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love Vivienne Westwoodā€™s perfumes!

these and Tiffany are my go to special occasion ones!

I also love Black opium and moschino (the long red bottle)
I only ever used Boudoir, were you a fan? The bottle šŸ–¤

My favourite atm is Shay and Blueā€™s tallulah's camellia, nothing like Boudoir but still gorgeous.

Reactions: 1
I love perfume and have quite a collection. I was convinced that I must have posted on here previously so just re-read the 1st 23 pages to check and Iā€™m not here, so here goesā€¦.šŸ¤£

Spring/Summer :-
Tommy Girl (loads of compliments on this and gone through so many bottles over the years)
Cacharel Eden

Autumn/Winter :-
Shalimar
Black Opium

Always go back to :-
Chanel Allure
Giorgio Beverly Hills (80s room clearer but I love it)
Hugo Boss Red

Reactions: 8
I love perfume and have quite a collection. I was convinced that I must have posted on here previously so just re-read the 1st 23 pages to check and Iā€™m not here, so here goesā€¦.šŸ¤£

Spring/Summer :-
Tommy Girl (loads of compliments on this and gone through so many bottles over the years)
Cacharel Eden

Autumn/Winter :-
Shalimar
Black Opium

Always go back to :-
Chanel Allure
Giorgio Beverly Hills (80s room clearer but I love it)
Hugo Boss Red
Shalimar is 1 of the nicest perfumes I've ever used. I love oriental scents like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Shalimar is 1 of the nicest perfumes I've ever used. I love oriental scents like that.
I was really lucky that the first job I had after college was working on a Guerlain beauty counter so I got to try classics like Shalimar, Nahema and Mitsouko fairly early on. Another perfume I always go back to which is very similar to Shalimar is EstĆ©e Lauder Cinnabar ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oooh I love this thread!

I like musky and spicy and fresh.. a bit of a mixā€¦

My number 1 is Liz Earle no.15. Never smelt anything like it!

2. LancĆ“me tresor. However, I do feel it smells wildly different on each person. A friend of my mothers wore it and always smelt divine. Thatā€™s what got me into it. On meā€¦ it smells a bit like cannabis?! Has anyone else had this?! I also thought that about the Loccitaine Verbena scents in my skin šŸ˜¬

Currently using Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Eau de Toiletteā€¦ I got it for an extremely good price in the sale. I wouldnā€™t pay full price for it! Itā€™s not very long lasting. But a great refreshing salty scent!

If anything pops into your head that I might like based on my faves do let me know! Nearly at the end of my Molton brown šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Iā€™m feeling a little depressed today so I started opening a box of samples I was saving from Etat Libre Dā€™Orange. Iā€™m into Dune at the moment so I decided to try Spice Must Flow. It doesnā€™t feel very original. Immediately after I sprayed it some unique chords came through so I decided to spray both pulse points. I normally do only one at a time when Iā€™m at home so I can play around and sample other scents. Now that I smell like it completely itā€™s a decision I have to live with šŸ˜‚ The names of some of their perfumes are intriguing e.g. Fat Electrician (wtf?) and La Fin Du Monde. The insert comes with a guide to each perfume that tells a story. I really wish this discovery set came with ā€œI Am Trashā€ which uses all upcycled ingredientsā€¦ when Iā€™m in a better mood Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll reconsider that.

They also have a perfume called Secretions Magnifiques which embodies ā€œblood, sweat, tears, andā€¦ā€ That ellipsis is tres sus šŸ‘€ The fragrance has been dubbed the most disgusting perfume in the world. Again - Iā€™m in a grim mood and these scents appeal to my morbid fascination. I donā€™t want to spoil the entire experience for anyone who is interested but if this brand still needs selling, they do a scent called ā€œDivinā€™ Enfant,ā€ which they described as a tribute to ā€œthose sweet little monsters, children.ā€ šŸ–¤

• Heart
@Tictactoe12
Just posting here after seeing your post in truffs thread - Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy is absolutely gorgeous and boots have it at a great price Ā£23.00 for a 50ML here are the notes:
The perfume Viva la Juicy was presented as a gourmet floral fragrance, which opens with notes of wild berries and juicy mandarin. The heart encompasses a floral blend of honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine, while the base notes await us with a gourmet rhapsody of amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and pralines.
I don't get much of a floral scent i find it more sweet ā¤

• Heart
@Tictactoe12
Just posting here after seeing your post in truffs thread - Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy is absolutely gorgeous and boots have it at a great price Ā£23.00 for a 50ML here are the notes:
The perfume Viva la Juicy was presented as a gourmet floral fragrance, which opens with notes of wild berries and juicy mandarin. The heart encompasses a floral blend of honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine, while the base notes await us with a gourmet rhapsody of amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and pralines.
I don't get much of a floral scent i find it more sweet ā¤
I love that perfume, it doesnt last on me at all though :( Its definitely sweet for me too rather than floral.

Scents are nostalgic for me, does anyone have any perfumes they associate with certain people or times? Anais Anais and Charlie Blue always make me think of my mum and nanna as they both wear them.

• Heart
I love that perfume, it doesnt last on me at all though :( Its definitely sweet for me too rather than floral.

Scents are nostalgic for me, does anyone have any perfumes they associate with certain people or times? Anais Anais and Charlie Blue always make me think of my mum and nanna as they both wear them.
Aww thats a pity:cry:
Funny i was just discussing this with my mum the other day, very nostalgic for me too - I smelt cool water for men the other day for the first time in ages and it took me right back to wearing it (i know lol) in high school šŸ˜‚ My mum has always had Eternity in her collection for as long as i can remember - its like her signature scent - if i smell it anywhere i look around for my heršŸ„°

I used to love the Kate moss perfume (pink with black lid) and the Victoria beckham one (in the square bottle) I think about them all the time wish they would bring them back!

My favourite of all time is lā€™imperatice by DKNY and always on offer in duty free- will always be my go to.

As a teen my faves were Ralph Lauren (not sure of name but in the little blue bottle) and Gucci rush- the smell takes me back to being in a club drinking vodka and coke!

I loved this too. I managed to get a few bottles when it was being sold off as discontinued. It was definitely reformulated from when it was first out. Yes loved it.

• Heart
I used to love the Kate moss perfume (pink with black lid) and the Victoria beckham one (in the square bottle) I think about them all the time wish they would bring them back!

My favourite of all time is lā€™imperatice by DKNY and always on offer in duty free- will always be my go to.

As a teen my faves were Ralph Lauren (not sure of name but in the little blue bottle) and Gucci rush- the smell takes me back to being in a club drinking vodka and coke!
My clubbing perfume was always Hugo Boss Deep Red then I moved onto Dior Addict.

I'm a perfume junkie. I could read Fragrantica all day long.
Has anyone got/tried Euphoria (Calvin Klein)? I'm looking for a 90s vibe fragrance and have heard very good things but I'm getting sick of blind buying and not liking what I've ordered šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Has anyone got/tried Euphoria (Calvin Klein)? I'm looking for a 90s vibe fragrance and have heard very good things but I'm getting sick of blind buying and not liking what I've ordered šŸ˜‚
Have you tried sample websites (not free, unfortunately)?

Reactions: 1
I spend so much time on that site!!! I love hearing people descriptions of scents.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.