Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like strong smelling perfumes. Old lady ones Chanel no.5 for example.

My all time favourite is Elizabeth Ardens Red Door. I smell like an old slapper when I'm wearing it but it gets so many comments and it lasts ALL day. I find it is a cheaper but stronger alternative to Chanel no.5.

I usually buy an Islamic perfume oil by Al Azeera from ebay. Baby Powder scented. 👶 its very strong and costs about a fiver. Again plenty of comments when wearing.

Obsession Calvin Klein evokes nice memories. As do Britney Spears (she does some bloody good cheap perfume).

I find Chanel Madamoiselle very over rated. I can barely smell it! I also find Millions and Alien over rated and can't understand the hype. It smells very generic.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am not a fan of Jo Malone perfumes. I find them really stuffy and like old ladies perfume.
I went to Blenheim palace a few years back and they were selling the perfume Princess Diana wore. It was bluebells can't remember the brand but it stunk like cats piss.
Times have changed.

I bought Yes I am recently for £16. Kinda like chai latte.
It's really different and should only be worn on cold days but I like it.
That would be Pennhaligions, I’ve tried a few of their scents and their not for me. Though I was given a silk hankerchief with one of their fragrances on and it’s lovely. I don’t have one of their stores near me to see what it is though.

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this has been asked already but does anyone have any good experiences of the Essence Vault for those perfumes that are just a little bit too expensive but smell absolutely devine? 🙈

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this has been asked already but does anyone have any good experiences of the Essence Vault for those perfumes that are just a little bit too expensive but smell absolutely devine? 🙈
Yea I have few of theirs, their Viktor and Rolf Bon Bon and Tom Ford Lost Cherry are my favourite, lots of staying power and I get a lot of ppl comment on them.

I purchased Alien Goddess yesterday, after being sent a sample. WOW. I love it!

I really would like BR 540 next week too … hehe 😍🤞🏽

Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried Tom Ford Noir pour Femme?
Yes, I tried it recently and I love it: waiting for it to come back in stock in Boots (50ml isn't available online) since mid August.
It's ambery and gingery rich and wintery but not too heavy, yet it lasts for ages on the skin: fabulous.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Need a new cheapy everyday perfume for work etc. Any recommendations? Not too fussy but I do like strong feminine scents

Always love next for a decent but cheap perfume x
Second Next. They do little bottles which last for ages and you can carry in your purse or in your drawer at work.
I used their 'flowers' perfume for work. It's fresh and light and intrusive.
I also recommend their one called pink and cashmere

Reactions: 4
That would be Pennhaligions, I’ve tried a few of their scents and their not for me. Though I was given a silk hankerchief with one of their fragrances on and it’s lovely. I don’t have one of their stores near me to see what it is though.
I really love Halfeti which is a Penhaligon scent. The dry down is amazing plus it lasts for hours and hours.

I have recently bought 2 montale frags - one is Turkish rose and the other cafe intense . I really like both of the scents. I find that Cafe intense is a better performer but prefer Roses Musk. I have also bought a balenciaga floraentina ( can’t remember the name) as a second hand purchase. This scent is fresh and very citrusy -definatley more for spring I think .

next on my buy list :-
BR540 - Maison Francis Kurkdijan ( name is wrong probably??)
Tom Ford - Rose Prick ( I bought a copy from perfume parlour last month and nearly used it all )

My go to scents -

Tom Ford - Lost Cherry
Killian - Made in Heaven
Narciso Rodreguez - rouge ( I have several of his frags but I really love this one )

Need a new cheapy everyday perfume for work etc. Any recommendations? Not too fussy but I do like strong feminine scents
Have you sniffed the Ariana Grande scents? I know they are aimed at a teen / young adult market but I think are lovely and a decent price ( £25 mark - not sure what your budget is).

Failing that you could try perfume parlour - this is a company who do copies of niche / designer frags ( you can get 10ml bottle for under £10. The ones I have tried have all been brilliant and are excellent copies .

Zara also do nice frags - they do one called wonder rose , tuberose and pink flambé. All under £10 for 30ml.

Yes me - I bought a lost cherry copy from the essence vault which is the exact same as the original TF version. ( I bought the copy and loved it - then received the TF version for bday ). Lasts really well and cheap as chips. Would recommend giving them a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I really love Halfeti which is a Penhaligon scent. The dry down is amazing plus it lasts for hours and hours.

I have recently bought 2 montale frags - one is Turkish rose and the other cafe intense . I really like both of the scents. I find that Cafe intense is a better performer but prefer Roses Musk. I have also bought a balenciaga floraentina ( can’t remember the name) as a second hand purchase. This scent is fresh and very citrusy -definatley more for spring I think .

next on my buy list :-
BR540 - Maison Francis Kurkdijan ( name is wrong probably??)
Tom Ford - Rose Prick ( I bought a copy from perfume parlour last month and nearly used it all )

My go to scents -

Tom Ford - Lost Cherry
Killian - Made in Heaven
Narciso Rodreguez - rouge ( I have several of his frags but I really love this one )

Have you sniffed the Ariana Grande scents? I know they are aimed at a teen / young adult market but I think are lovely and a decent price ( £25 mark - not sure what your budget is).

Failing that you could try perfume parlour - this is a company who do copies of niche / designer frags ( you can get 10ml bottle for under £10. The ones I have tried have all been brilliant and are excellent copies .

Zara also do nice frags - they do one called wonder rose , tuberose and pink flambé. All under £10 for 30ml.

Yes me - I bought a lost cherry copy from the essence vault which is the exact same as the original TF version. ( I bought the copy and loved it - then received the TF version for bday ). Lasts really well and cheap as chips. Would recommend giving them a try.
Which perfume Parlpur ones have you tried and liked?

Yes, I tried it recently and I love it: waiting for it to come back in stock in Boots (50ml isn't available online) since mid August.
It's ambery and gingery rich and wintery but not too heavy, yet it lasts for ages on the skin: fabulous.
Ah, this sounds perfect for me for a winter scent this year! I really fancy having something a bit rich and dark but gourmandy (yet not too sweet) for the cooler weather.

It might be in stock on Space NK where I saw the 50ml a couple of days ago?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Which perfume Parlpur ones have you tried and liked?
I have tried poison girl and also I tried the made in heaven ( kilian frag but this doesn’t seem to be available anymore) and the TF copy of rose prick and Bitter peach - I really like rose prick but find the bitter peach is not for me. The lost Cherry copy I got from the essence vault.

For the expensive fragrances I like to try the copy first as spending £200+ on a blind buy is not something I can afford

I have tried poison girl and also I tried the made in heaven ( kilian frag but this doesn’t seem to be available anymore) and the TF copy of rose prick and Bitter peach - I really like rose prick but find the bitter peach is not for me. The lost Cherry copy I got from the essence vault.

For the expensive fragrances I like to try the copy first as spending £200+ on a blind buy is not something I can afford
Oh yeah I def agree! I wanted to buy the lost cherry copy from perfume parlour to test it out first because I’ve heard such good things about it.

Ah, this sounds perfect for me for a winter scent this year! I really fancy having something a bit rich and dark but gourmandy (yet not too sweet) for the cooler weather.

It might be in stock on Space NK where I saw the 50ml a couple of days ago?
Luna Nina ricci or black opium

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.