Favourite One-Hit-Wonders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell it to my heart - Taylor Dayne

Ice Ice baby - Vanilla Ice

You get what you give - New Radicals

Reactions: 2
This was brother’s favourite song when we was growing up I think it was by spitting image or something to do with them
… Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith 🤣😂

Reactions: 5
Aztec Camera, Somewhere in My Heart, got to no3, highest other chart position 17. Reminds me of summer 1988, happy memories...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Takes me back to a really happy time too. Thanks for reminding me ❤
just sharing, don't know where it will land Roddie Frame did a lovely acoustic version of Somewhere in my Heart, here it is, hope you enjoy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
More than words - Extreme. I had a crush on Nuno Bettencourt.

Drinking in LA- Bran Van 3000.

Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground.

I am, I feel - Alisha's Attic. (Actually don't think this was a one-hit-wonder really but it's the only song I remember by them).

The Reynolds girls I’d rather jack
Don’t judge me it’s a guilty pleasure! I wonder what happened to them they literally disappeared into thin air
Ha! I was obsessed with that song when I was a kid. No idea what happened to them - but I seem to remember that one of them worked as a hairdresser before I'd Rather Jack fame so maybe she went back to that. Why do I remember this stuff?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Just been scrolling through my ancient iPod (which I still use almost daily!) and found these two. I used to get them mixed up, they are both Swedish bands. The Caesars are under their former name of Caesar's Palace.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think both of these may have had more than one song but these were their biggest well known ones.
1. Kavana, I can make you feel good.

2. The Beloved, Sweet Harmony.

Reactions: 4
Aaahhh love this thread! Thought of some more.
Amazulu, Too good to be forgotten.

Red box, they were a two hit wonder and that was it.

I'm late 40's and this is mine and my best friends going out song for the past 30 years, it is definitely a one hit wonder.

Last edited:
I can’t hear Phats & Small anymore without cringing 🤣 The singer Ben was on some programme years ago and he kept banging on about how he was famous and no one knew who he was so he kept singing the chorus to try and remind people 🤣
Isn’t he Vanessa Feltz’s other half?

Reactions: 4
Aaahhh love this thread! Thought of some more.
Amazulu, Too good to be forgotten.

Red box, they were a two hit wonder and that was it.

I'm late 40's and this is mine and my best friends going out song for the past 30 years, it is definitely a one hit wonder.
Can't deny Amazulu did a good cover of Too Good To be Forgotten. I think the Chi-Lites original was better

I've just checked on their UK chart history, they do fail on the one bit wonder front!

Reactions: 1