Favourite One-Hit-Wonders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heard this the other night and had totally forgotten about it
I remember this song was released when I was in the first year of my degree. A lad who was in halls with me sang rude lyrics to that song: 'first spunk, first wank, it's the very first come.'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Thank you by The Pale Fountains, one of many Liverpool bands of the 80s. Pushing the hit here in the one hit wonder, hovered outside the top forty for several weeks. Only single to chart top 75. It's a beautiful, underrated song. Anyone else remember it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Somebody mentioned Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl as a one hit wonder. Peter had other hits including a No1 called Flava that nobody seems to remember

Sticking to the Australian connection a group who had many hits in Australia but only the one hit in the UK and internationally

Divinyls - I Touch Myself

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Damn I wish I was your lover - Sophie B Hawkins
I love that one. Also Sophie's "Right Beside You" was a soundtrack to my youth. One of the songs that instantly transports me back to the mid 90s.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
So many amazing songs mentioned here! I think my favourites are: Chesney Hawkes, New Radicals and Let Loose

I do have to disagree with the OP who said Papa Roach are a one hit wonder 😬...
10 studio albums to date, probably about 14/15 really well known hits, still headlining tours and festivals and 9½ million monthly listeners on Spotify might prove they are anything but one hit wonders!

Reactions: 2
Can't remember this one being mentioned, Terry Jacks, Seasons in the Sun. A lovely number from the early 70s

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So many!

Sweat by Inner Circle
MMMBop by Hanson
Freed from Desire by Gala
Brimful of Asha by Cornershop
Informer by Snow
Steal my Sunshine by Len

And not so much one hit wonders, but their hits seemed to be in in the span of a few years - Chaka Demus & Pliers - Tease Me and Twist and Shout were absolute tunes!

And now I've aged myself!

Reactions: 5