Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
The new radicals - get what you give

Although in fairness it was through choice there wasn't another hit and he went on to write and produce loads of hits for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bubbadabut

VIP Member
John Secada - Just another day

PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss

oh, and no way are papa roach a one hit wonder.

😊
I absolutely LOVE that Jon Secada track, played it to death on one of my Now albums from '92. Another one with a Latin feel but not as good is' 'Where do You Go?' by No Mercy.

I will always adore 'Crazy for You' by Let Loose. It was by far their biggest hit but they definitely had a few other minor songs so I'm not sure they qualify. Crazy for You is definitely the one people remember them for.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Heard ' A girl like you' by Edwyn Collins the other day. I think that song is quite unique to other stuff that was in the charts/ mainstream radio stuff.

I'm sure he had a stroke or something with life changing effects.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I will always adore 'Crazy for You' by Let Loose. It was by far their biggest hit but they definitely had a few other minor songs so I'm not sure they qualify. Crazy for You is definitely the one people remember them for.
Crazy For You came out when I met the first guy I ever loved. I was 15. It always makes me smile 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Marj24

VIP Member
Aztec Camera, Somewhere in My Heart, got to no3, highest other chart position 17. Reminds me of summer 1988, happy memories...

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Whatever happened to Sam Sparrow who sang Black and Gold and the other singer who was out the same time David Jordan with Sun Goes Down? Those songs seemed to be everywhere in 2008.

I know she had other stuff too but Estelle- American Boy. Great song and I expected more bangers from her. I remember her out about 4 years before this but cannot remember any of her songs.

Reactions: 13

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Some really good suggestions, they really take me back. What is is about musical nostalgia that actually makes me want to go back to the torrid times I endured as a schoolkid? I guess it's because you have a whole different set of problems as an adult, and they make your youthful ones seem more trivial and endurable.

Another one from me that evokes massive nostalgia is '74, 75' by The Connells. I listen to it every now and again, nice song.

Reactions: 12

Hunnaybadgerz

Chesney Hawkes- One and Only

I am also fan of Glorious and Last Resort. Good taste!

Ooh Goyte Somebody I used to know!

• Heart
Reactions: 12