Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite- i like Spain, I liked Norway, I was only in Florence for a day but liked it there too, the others went on a big recce of the place but me and my smallest child were really hot and tired so we just stayed in a big square and just chilled and people watched while he played with a little puppet and it was just one of those really content and happy moments. Although the gelato there has ruined all ice creams I’ve ever had here since which is a shame as it was just otherworldly good!

Worst- Turkey probably, same as most here, the men 🙁 it’s a shame as the scenery is lovely but the sleazy gropey men just ruined it. I wasn’t keen on Santorini either but that was circumstantial I think rather than the place.

Favourite is Italy, the hotel and food were as amazing as we could have asked for. It was my honeymoon though!

Least favourite is Menorca.. horrid hotel and food where we were bitten to death by fleas

Reactions: 1
This is all so interesting!

I’ve been very lucky & have travelled a lot. Favourites are
Berlin (the bar scene alone! And the history!)
California (sunny, beautiful, cool)
Boston (so much fun)
Venice (stunning, unique)
South Africa is beautiful - I agree it can feel a bit dicey in some parts

The only place I really haven’t enjoyed is Dublin. It’s expensive, grey & all the bars smell like disinfectant. And Tijuana which is a hole. Not overly enamoured with Las Vegas, a bit sticky. Haven’t really loved any Eastern European cities I’ve been to but my husband has loved all of them, so I don’t object too much. I try and find the positives of everywhere really, life’s too short

Kinda surprised but kinda not to see so many people didn’t enjoy Berlin. I visited at Christmas time and as cliche as it sounds, the Christmas markets made it for me. Everywhere was so pretty with streets adorned with fairy lights and pretty markets around the palace, it really was lovely. However, I don’t imagine I would have enjoyed it quite so much at any other time of the year as I agree with what others have said about it feeling a bit meh. I’d definitely recommend a Christmas visit.

Favourite has to be Australia, I lived there for 2 years and it’s just beautiful.
Also love Italy, Portugal and Dubai (UAE).

Haven’t been wowed by parts of Greece and Cyprus I’ve visited but I’m sure there are much nicer parts that I’m yet to visit!

Also Hong Kong is an amazing place with some stunning sights but a massive culture shock😂

Favourites - Czech Republic, Germany, Greece +Santorini, Crete

Least favourite - Portugal, Gran Canaria, Benidorm

Favourite: Malta without a doubt. It is such a beautiful, underrated country with so much history and a lot of sightseeing to do for such a small country. Most of the Maltese people are so lovely too

Least: A toss-up between Menorca and Lanzarote. It could easily have been because of the areas we were in, though. Menorca we were in the middle of no where, outside the hotel was a tiny shop, a bus stop and what looked like a deserted beach. In Lanzarote, my father had a fight with some horrendous man who was wolf-whistling at my mum and I, baring in mind I was about 12 or 13 at the time. :sick:

Favourite probably Italy or Croatia
There’s nowhere I’ve been that I’ve hated but I didn’t really enjoy Portugal when I went, but that was mainly as we had awful weather so not really Portugal’s fault!

Favourite has to be Australia, I lived there for 2 years and it’s just beautiful.
Also love Italy, Portugal and Dubai (UAE).

Haven’t been wowed by parts of Greece and Cyprus I’ve visited but I’m sure there are much nicer parts that I’m yet to visit!

Also Hong Kong is an amazing place with some stunning sights but a massive culture shock😂
Where did you stay in Cyprus may I ask? X

Best- Barbados. I knew it would be nice but I didn’t realise how nice. The people were lovely. The beaches etc were exactly what you see on the pictures. The food was incredible.
worst- Tenerife. The hotel we stayed in was lovely and one of my favourite all inclusives we’ve been to. But I hated going out of the hotel, the bars and stuff all felt seedy and unsafe. I also hated the sand 🤣I found it all quite chavvy.

Last edited:
Where did you stay in Cyprus may I ask? X

Best- Barbados. I knew it would be nice but I didn’t realise how nice. The people were lovely. The beaches etc were exactly what you see on the pictures. The food was incredible.
worst- Tenerife. The hotel we stayed in was lovely and one of my favourite all inclusives we’ve been to. But I hated going out of the hotel, the bars and stuff all felt seedy and unsafe. I also hated the sand 🤣I found it all quite chavvy.
Paphos! We didn’t do much exploring outside the complex but the local beach wasn’t as nice as others I’ve been to

Favourite - India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Varanasi)
FOOD, culture, sight, people (I never understood why someone would come home off holiday and say ‘the people were nice’ but now I get it)
Safari in Tanzania and beach week in Zanzibar on a par

Least favourite - China (Beijing, Shanghai, Pingyao, Xian)
Apart from a few unearthed warriors and some great views from The Great Wall, nope. Food crap, oppressive, too ordered, crotchless baby grows (google it), the wretching and spitting in public.
HA. I have read articles about how they let their kids tit in public in some areas of China. A chinese tourist got caught doing it with her kid in London. Absolutely disgusting culture.

Favourite: Scotland. Had a great Honeymoon there. Great food, lovely people and really sunny and warm.

Least favourite: Florida. I wasn’t prepared for the humidity. The heat is fine and I thought because I live in a marsh in the UK that I could deal with it but I was wrong. The tipping culture was really something else. Our hotel room was trashed the first day because we didn’t leave a tip out for housekeeping. Outside of the hotel, I hated the faux ultra friendly attitude (probably due to the tipping culture) and was taken aback by the genuine poverty and the contempt for the poor, lack of footpaths and so little respect for wildlife I observed. Pretty sure the rest of the States wasn’t like it but it put me off returning.
Ooh, although not a country, Los Angeles was another least favourite place for me. We stayed in Santa Monica which was okay and drove into LA. LA was HORRIBLE. We spent most of the time in traffic and the difference you could see between the wealthy and then people in poverty was really upsetting. You could go from one block to another and end up in an area with huge poverty, nothing like I had ever seen before. I had heard LA was horrible but it was worse than I could have imagined. I do not understand why people like it. You can see all the broken people who probably move there with dreams and end up spat out. So sad.
San Diego, on the other hand, is my favourite place.

Reactions: 2
HA. I have read articles about how they let their kids tit in public in some areas of China. A chinese tourist got caught doing it with her kid in London. Absolutely disgusting culture.

Doesn’t just happen in remote countryside, and poor areas.
I witnessed it on The Bund outside the Waldorf Hotel, also at a palace in Beijing. tit and piss pouring out of small children for the world to see, as well as their private parts. So wrong on so many levels.

• Sad
Paphos! We didn’t do much exploring outside the complex but the local beach wasn’t as nice as others I’ve been to
I didn’t like paphos either. Well it’s okay just average. Protaros on the other side is lovely it’s totally different. The beaches are beautiful. I’ve heard the same from others who have been to both sides xx

I've only been abroad twice. The first time I went to Zambia volunteering when I was 18. Oh my God it was a madness I was in a team of volunteer's and most of them were so amazing at it and I was having a mental breakdown by day 2. Was supposed to be there for 3 months but I only managed to stay for 4 weeks before they were like yeah think you should go back home. I had to go to the hospital felt so dizzy and ill when i was there. I done loads of fundraising and everything for it - but when I got there it was such a shock of how hard it was. Think I signed up for it thinking it would be a great experience and I just wanted away from the situation I was in at home kinda applied for it on a whim. I do have a few good memories from it though, got on better with the Zambian people than I did with the other volunteers from the UK as I felt they didn't really like me much. Was quite a divide in the team Zambian's + me and the UK volunteers I wish we would've just spent more time as a a whole group. Although I've read more about international volunteering now and see alot of issues with it I didn't before x

Second time was just a wee trip to Athens which I enjoyed xx

My favourite country is probably Italy or Canada. I now live in Canada and it is so beautiful, so many different types of landscapes to see. Banff is basically our backyard where we are. In terms of a city, San Diego is probably my favourite. It is beautiful and there is so much to do.

The least favourite place I visited most recently was London. I am from the UK, and we went back last summer. London was always one of my favourite cities. But when we visited last year it was awful and we were so disappointed. It was absolutely filthy, bags of garbage everywhere, and smelt of piss everywhere we walked. So overcrowded too. I think I got used to the cities being so spread out in Canada, in London it felt like I couldn't move without touching someone.
Oh wow, sounds great. I have a trip booked Aug/Sep through the Rockies and will be in Banff. (Whether that will happen now I don’t know.)

Been to a few places, no where I really disliked but wouldnt return to corfu. Got bitten so badly everyone thought I had chicken pox.

My favourites are Australia, love the Usa and done a few states.

India was amazing, definitely going to return. so was cuba. Greece is always beautiful . Never fancied Dubai though.

Oh wow, sounds great. I have a trip booked Aug/Sep through the Rockies and will be in Banff. (Whether that will happen now I don’t know.)
I love Canada so much! It’s the only country I would have considered moving to (too old now!)
We went to Nelson last year amongst other places and I just wanted to stay forever! And Vancouver is a beautiful city. Oh and don’t forget Vancouver Island....I could go on but I’ll stop now!

I love Canada so much! It’s the only country I would have considered moving to (too old now!)
We went to Nelson last year amongst other places and I just wanted to stay forever! And Vancouver is a beautiful city. Oh and don’t forget Vancouver Island....I could go on but I’ll stop now!
Thank you for the tips. I’ve been wanting to go for years and this year is a big birthday so I just thought, why not. But we’ll see what happens.

Thank you for the tips. I’ve been wanting to go for years and this year is a big birthday so I just thought, why not. But we’ll see what happens.
If you want any more info just let me know. I have done two trips, both very different. It’s a wonderful country. Hope you get to go x

• Heart