Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite - New York and Croatia. Such a beautiful country.

Least - Benidorm when I was a kid. Not my thing.

Reactions: 1
My favourite is Mauritius, beautiful exquisite location.
I also loved USA, I lived in Des Moines for 2 months and Chicago for few weeks. people were really nice to me. Always helpful, opening doors with smiles, and good manners are embedded in children. I was lost in Chicago, and a lady officer helped me locate my family and arranged hotel for me to live.

Least favourite is Sri Lanka. The location is beautiful but people aren't.

Reactions: 2
My favourite is Mauritius, beautiful exquisite location.
I also loved USA, I lived in Des Moines for 2 months and Chicago for few weeks. people were really nice to me. Always helpful, opening doors with smiles, and good manners are embedded in children. I was lost in Chicago, and a lady officer helped me locate my family and arranged hotel for me to live.

Least favourite is Sri Lanka. The location is beautiful but people aren't.
I loved Sri Lanka and met some amazing people, funny isn’t it, the difference in opinion/experience.

I have a lot of favourite places and have been lucky enough to do a fair bit of travelling. Seeing the Taj Mahal is a favourite and I’d love to live in Australia or New Zealand again.

I didn’t like LA much, or Egypt. Trying to think of other places...

I am an Indian, yes I loved Taj Mahal (visited once). Hated Agra's pollution though. It's an Indian problem that one cannot avoid 😂
As far as Sri Lanka, we have beautiful beaches at Goa in India, so Sri Lanka was like poorer experience. Also the people misguided me a lot regarding food and shopping.

Reactions: 3
I am an Indian, yes I loved Taj Mahal (visited once). Hated Agra's pollution though. It's an Indian problem that one cannot avoid 😂
As far as Sri Lanka, we have beautiful beaches at Goa in India, so Sri Lanka was like poorer experience. Also the people misguided me a lot regarding food and shopping.
Oh cool. I only saw some of India (the North) and would like to go back to see the South. I found it an intense place to travel (I agree re pollution) but I loved it on the whole.

I didn’t think the beaches in Sri Lanka were the best I’ve seen but I imagine you would be disappointed comparing it to Goa.

Oh cool. I only saw some of India (the North) and would like to go back to see the South. I found it an intense place to travel (I agree re pollution) but I loved it on the whole.

I didn’t think the beaches in Sri Lanka were the best I’ve seen but I imagine you would be disappointed comparing it to Goa.
You should visit Goa at least once. As far as Southern is concerned, I have seen Kerela and it is absolutely must go. Haven't seen the rest of south india.

Favourite is Costa Rica. Adore Cuba too, the people are the friendliest I’ve met anywhere in the world. Least favourite probably Morocco? I haven’t disliked anywhere I’ve been, but Morocco is probably the one I’d be in the least rush to return to

Favourite: NYC, Byron Bay, West Cork is gorge, South Island of NZ is just beautiful, Rome

Least fav: Glasgow, Brussels is a bit grim, and not mad about Auckland

Love Spain - big country, love the variety region to region.Did not especially love Brazil- found it exhausting being on the look out not to get mugged everytime you step foot outside (per travel guide advice).

Favourite: NYC, Byron Bay, West Cork is gorge, South Island of NZ is just beautiful, Rome

Least fav: Glasgow, Brussels is a bit grim, and not mad about Auckland
I live in Glasgow and I love it, curious to know why you didn’t like it? I mean I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn’t, but would like to hear personally why you didn’t like it

Most favourite country is Brazil, we went to Rio, it was amazing, so wonderful we went back 6 weeks later. Copacabana beach is so beautiful, the views from Corcovado and Cristo Redentor were amazing, the experience of being in the Atlantic Rainforest was fantastic, hearing the sounds of the birds and the monkeys. The people are so friendly, if they so much as see you get your guidebook out they come up to help you with directions and recommendations. We've been there 4 times now and I would go back in a heartbeat. Least favourite place was Turkey, the men were sleazy. I was there with my mum and sister and young men were coming on to my 62yr old mum, she's not daft so she ignored them. We were in a rug shop and the owner locked the door with us still inside and from nowhere 3 men appeared, one in my mum's age group, one in my sister's age group and one in mine, it was the creepiest experience, they brought out some mint tea for us to drink but I didn't touch it, just in case it was spiked. Thankfully, they were just flirting with us and no real danger but creepy nonetheless. An honourable mention has to go to Italy, an island called Procida in particular, spent one of the most wonderful afternoons of my life there, we had a meal in a restaurant in the harbour, it was delicious food and you could hear the water lapping the dock.

I used to travel for work a lot. My absolute favourites: New York, Singapore, Mauritius, Seychelles, Rio de Janeiro - also love London and Paris, Provence, South of France, and Positano and Amalfi in Italy.

Worst: China.

Wouldn’t go again but don’t mind as much: Berlin, Brussels, Cyprus.

Favourites - Barbados, New York, Cape Town, Australia, Samoa and New Zealand.

Least favourites - costa del sol and Marrakesh (I liked Marrakesh but hated the airport so wouldn’t return just because of that)

I haven't been anywhere that has made me hate the country. My husband is more fussy than me and there are a few city's and areas of places he doesn't like at all and will refuse to go. He doesn't like anywhere you get hassled by touts !!

We love Belgium and have not had a single negative or bad experience there.

Favourite has to be Lanzarote. If you stay in the right area and right hotel it really is amazing. The weather too is always nice whatever time of the year you go.
Ibiza is also up there and has a place in my heart.

Worse has to be Morocco, Marrakesh to be precise. Looking like a stereotypical Essex girl I found myself to be a target and they follow you around!! Didn't feel safe at any point and it's two extremes - the very wealthy and the very poor.

Favourite has to be Lanzarote. If you stay in the right area and right hotel it really is amazing. The weather too is always nice whatever time of the year you go.
Ibiza is also up there and has a place in my heart.

Worse has to be Morocco, Marrakesh to be precise. Looking like a stereotypical Essex girl I found myself to be a target and they follow you around!! Didn't feel safe at any point and it's two extremes - the very wealthy and the very poor.
Another fan of Lanzarote here but only more recently, alway had been put off by the “Lanzagrote” saying but visited several times over recent years and whilst some hotels have been meh I love the lunar landscape and the bursts of colour from the white buildings and beautiful plants. Turkey was another I’d always been put off visiting but bit the bullet a few years ago and wow! I’ve stayed in some amazing hotels on work trips but you get a good 5* there and it’s up there. Amazing service and food! Never felt unsafe or hassled when out,‘everyone I encountered was friendly. Closer to home I’m a huge Manchester fan, would easily relocate.

Least favourite was Tunisia, now thats a dirty, sleazy place 🤢 couldn’t even use the beach without being harassed 😡 Could not wait to get home. Also, whilst it’s not the place itself but some places on NYC were underwhelming (Rockafellar centre for example) and a lot of places stank of weed 🤢

Favourite - I am going to be controversial and say England! The first time I went to Cornwall I couldn’t believe it was in this country. It was a world apart from the seasidey places I have been before and I have been various places abroad but nothing tops Cornwall with good weather.
Least favourite - France, or more specifically Paris. It was a dirty seedy place with men pissing up walls everywhere and really overrated.

It's hard to choose

Fave: Vietnam
Least Fave: maybe France i studied French for years and do love parts of it but I have had better times elsewhere.