Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite - a toss between America (Vegas) and Morocco - both totally different but I loved the whole trashiness and cliches of Vegas, especially downtown, I loved the giant food buffets, there was so much to do, I spent two weeks there, I rode on horse back near the Grand Canyon, I jumped off the stratosphere, gambled and drank my life away and everything else I did can stay there, BUT I still felt there was plenty more to see and do. But you need money! Alot of it! It is also very hot and so are the people! 👀 you also see the odd celeb walking around.

Morocco again beautiful especially off the beaten track, I love the HEAT the Atlas mountains are so beautiful and refreshing after being in the heat. The locals are lovely and the vibes lovely, especially at night it is so relaxed.

Least favourite - Gran Canaria. I have been to most of the Canaries and this was my least favourite. It was BORING, lifeless, dull and the food very expensive, but thank duck we went for self catering because the all inclusive lot were moaning about the 4 unidentifiable trays of slops they were offered every evening! It also seemed very seedy in the evenings around certain parts... We were looking for a restaurant in the evening (local food nothing to scream about) and a 7ft tall man in drag practically shoved a flaccid rubber cock in my face as an invite to his club. It certainly lacked anything of real interest to do.

Reactions: 2
Favourite has to be turkey I love it there marmaris or altinkum I actually go there myself and feel safer there then I do at home

Least one Majorca we had a rubbish hotel and never again

Love to visit Chicago tho one day

Reactions: 4
Favourites - South Africa (Cape Town and Johannesburg), Boston, Chicago, The Bahamas, Singapore

Least favourite - Thailand, Bali, Shanghai, Beijing, Delhi

Favourite is so hard! Beach would be Mexico (snorkeling was out of this world), people would be Hawaii and best city break New York. I do love Disney World too 🙈😍

Least favourite without a doubt was Morocco! My husband was chatted up by a member of the hotel staff in front of me - she literally wouldn't leave him alone for the whole holiday. It was awkward and I was (and still am) fuming by it all. Egypt was awful too.
I loved Morocco and been several times! But I had the SAME problem with a worker in a hotel chatting up my ex husband infront of me and touching him! She was local and seemed to swish between "jobs" sometimes worked in the bar, other times cleaning and setting tables, the worst she also did the Hammam too and that is where it started, feeling him up while spreading the soap on him and telling him how nice his body was with a purrr and practically would pounce on him whenever she saw him, I could have slapped her! It made our stay really uncomfortable.

The hygiene at the hotel was disgusting too, I literally watched one of the servers throw a bunch of raw chicken out on the floor for stray cats and petted one, then proceeded to handle all the cutlery and stack a pile of croissants without leaving the eating area once to wash his hands 🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
Favourite would be Santorini- absolutely beautiful, lovely food, lovely beaches too.

Worst - Venice. It is overrated and you see the sights in one day.

I’ve never fancied Turkey either. I went out with a Turkish guy briefly many years ago and he was a right sleazeball.

Would love to go to Iceland 😍
Turkey is nice but I guess depends which part you go, lots of the people try and take you to the beaches and stuff but that was a red flag for me too

So many favourites here, difficult to choose. Least favourite without a doubt is Barbados.
Why did you dislike Barbados or its just your least favoured?

I think some of these negative experiences have been influenced by staying in a cheap/poor quality hotel which are usually located in the less appealing areas.
you could go back and stay at the Ritz Carlton (for example) , have a relaxing and blissful trip, have a lovely dining experience sitting in the local marina and feel quite differently about it. As with a lot of things holiday experiences vary with how much money you’re willing to throw at them.

i Think other factors can be sheer bad luck - a rowdy family around the pool or bad weather.

Reactions: 6
I was wondering if there was one of these threads on here the other day, and now I've found one!

Like lots of others, I think the Canary and Balearic Islands are not great. I also didn't enjoy Malta that much when I visited. Other than that, I think I can blame myself for not booking the right accommodation in the right location or something similar for most holidays that I've not 100% loved.

I think my all time favourite holiday was a Christmas visit to Iceland, where we saw the Northern Lights. I'm absolutely desperate to go back and see more of the country.

I also did a European road trip which was one of the best experiences I've ever had, we saw so many amazing places in one trip and driving in Europe is so much better than here in the UK. Trying to figure out another route to do soon.

Also love New York, would like to visit more of the US, New Orleans in particular takes my fancy.

I think my favourite country in the world is Italy. We are getting married there next year, I can't wait.

Being in lockdown really makes me appreciate holidays and travel.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Favourite, Hawaii, French Polynesia, Italy, Mykonos, Santorini, Orlando.

Least, New Zealand, Australia - it was like being in the U.K. in the 70s.

Reactions: 3
Love this thread

love list: Belgium (Ghent), Boston, West coast USA, Orlando, cotswolds, Ibiza, Scotland and ireland

worst: Gran Canaria, Seychelles and dubai

What was wrong with Seychelles??

It makes me laugh when people say that people in X were rude. It's cultural. Scandis and Finns are not open towards strangers and they aren't social. Poles can be very open and direct.
I found New Yorkers "rude" in comparison to Brits, but I just take it as part of the culture.
I didn’t like it either tbh - couldn’t live the hotel grounds and not much to do - maybe just not my type of holiday

Favourite: Malta- Beaches are stunning and I loved how there was no "tourist" area. Everyone is just in together and the people are just lovely there.

Least Favourite: Turkey - The place itself is actually gorgeous. The people really ruin it. It's so false friendly. They're friendly but always felt like they just wanted money or facebook followers.

My honourable mention for other least favourite is Disney in Florida - I was a kid (around 8/9) when I went but I hated it. It's hot and sweaty, you spend most of the day queuing. It's early mornings and long days. It's busy and the rides just weren't that good anyway but even less when you compare it to the rest of the issues above. I had more fun in the hotel arcade than I did in actual disney (didn't help that I wasn't a fan of disney things anyway. I loved Disney Channel but not the films). I god hope my children don't like disney stuff so I never have to take them:oops:🤣

Reactions: 3
Favourite Mexico I stayed in riviera maya then travelled round though and least was Tunisia, I did go twice did create memories but just disliked the whole feel of the place and some of the people especially the souks markets

Fave - Dominican Republic: had the most gorgeous chilled out time, perfect weather and everyone was so friendly

Least - Greece: could've been bad luck but lots of the food we ate wasn’t amazing, people were mostly either rude or pushy and it was far too hot

My favourite is Canada too, we did a trip through the rockies last year 😍 also New Zealand too!!

Least favourite was France (Paris) people were rude both times I went and my mum was verbally abused by people on the metro.. was horrible!
wow I apologize, not everyone here is like this - also a lot of france hates parisians because they think they're better then the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Pula in Croatia was stunning and everyone was so friendly and couldn’t be more helpful.
Marrakech in Morocco was the worst. I’ve been twice because the first time was awful but the second time was even worse. We were constantly harassed and physically dragged into market shops. Plus the treatment of animals there is so awful 🙁

Favourite would be Santorini- absolutely beautiful, lovely food, lovely beaches too.

Worst - Venice. It is overrated and you see the sights in one day.

Turkey is nice but I guess depends which part you go, lots of the people try and take you to the beaches and stuff but that was a red flag for me too

Why did you dislike Barbados or its just your least favoured?
I find it funny because for the past 2 years IV been to the beach once in 6 visits in turkey

wow I apologize, not everyone here is like this - also a lot of france hates parisians because they think they're better then the rest of us.
It’s ok, I know not everyone there is like it and there are rude people where ever you go but it definitely put us off going again since it happened twice! 2 men were swearing at her For literally no reason then made pig sounds at her cos she’s a ‘larger’ woman. The city itself is beautiful though, lovely food 😍

• Angry
  • Sad
It’s ok, I know not everyone there is like it and there are rude people where ever you go but it definitely put us off going again since it happened twice! 2 men were swearing at her For literally no reason then made pig sounds at her cos she’s a ‘larger’ woman. The city itself is beautiful though, lovely food 😍
I wish that surprised me honestly.. it's nicer to navigate with a french person as your guide we know how to handle our trash