Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite: Spain, purely for the amazing city of Madrid which changed my life and gave me some of my happiest years.

Least favourite: New Zealand. Also lived there. It was liked stepping back in time to the UK of the 70s. A racist, sexist backwater. People rave about the landscape but there's nothing there that you can't see in Scotland/Iceland and they're a lot closer.

Reactions: 1
Favourite is Fiji. I’m not even a beach lover but it was so beautiful, and the people were so lovely.

Least favourite was Hong Kong. I didn’t like anything about it at all, and it was ridiculously humid which I despise 🙊

Fave was Dominican Republic. Friendly people and amazing beaches. They love rum!

Least fave was Egypt. The men I met were way too creepy, it was uncomfortable, but from what I saw of it the country was nice.

Reactions: 2
For cities I didn't like Cologne, dirty and the people were very rude. Also Naples, probably the most menacing, dangerous place I've ever been. Pompeii up the road is its saving grace.

What was wrong with the airport?
Just horrendous queues. When going through customers they take your water off you (as per everywhere) but you still have to queue a lot before you’re able to get more. Very hot until you get through to the gates. Really put me off going again. Was fine the first time!

New york, absolute tit hole and stunk 🤢
Egypt, full of dirty men who were obsessed with me because I'm blonde.

Dominican republic was amazing, I'd go be back tomorrow.
Greece is lovley. Amazing food and wine 🤤

It’s ok, I know not everyone there is like it and there are rude people where ever you go but it definitely put us off going again since it happened twice! 2 men were swearing at her For literally no reason then made pig sounds at her cos she’s a ‘larger’ woman. The city itself is beautiful though, lovely food 😍
Ah this has reminded me that once in Paris a guy in the metro station made some kind of advance as gross guys on the street often do. I forget what it was but it’s something women are used to politely saying or indicating ‘no’ to and moving on. This guy didn’t take well to rejection and followed me shouting “you’re so ugly, you’re disgusting, it’s disgusting how ugly you are” etc (in English , seemed all the English he knew , charming bloke 🙄)until we got through the barriers. I was about 20, still insecure about my appearance, and it shook me up a bit.

New york, absolute tit hole and stunk 🤢
I love New York bir there’s no denying it smells. My ex was from there and we decided NYC smells like a combination piss, garbage and Chinese food. That’s how you know you’re there 🇺🇸 🗽

Last edited:
Favourite was Cologne. Least favourite was Edinburgh. I’ve been twice one was my honeymoon (we were doing up the house so didn’t want to spend loads on a honeymoon) I don’t know what it is I just didn’t feel safe there. I did my year abroad in Lyon and have to say the Parisians are far friendlier then the people in Lyon. People say Parisians are cold but that’s never been my experience. Lyon was also not one was of my favourite places but that may just have been the fact I was homesick.

Canada (Toronto has a special place in my heart) and Greece ( Corfu and Lefkada). Lovely,hospitable people and great food! Tripadvisor was our go-to.

Least Favorite - Romania. Lots of dirty street in Bucharest and a lot of smelly Gypsies. The only place that was okay-ish in romania was our day trip to Transylvania ( Dracula's Castle) and Brasov.

I hate lanzarote.
i loved everywhere else I’ve been but Las Vegas always stands out. I felt like i was in a dreamland I was just so happy there. everything about the place was amazing.

Worst was definitely India - filthy (Like people pooing/weeing/gobbing in the street filthy), got hounded 24/7 for being a pale while woman, beggars everywhere, SO NOISY! Could not wait to get the duck out of there

Hard to pick a favourite tbh, went to Hawaii when I was a kid and that will always hold a place in my heart, so beautiful and stunning. Also loved Italy when I went. Torn between going back to the places I’ve not been in Italy and going somewhere else. Surprised by the feedback on Berlin as we really enjoyed it, we just walked for miles and looked at all the landmarks and history. The food wasn’t the best but that’s not what we went for. The Public transport was great and nothing unreasonably priced.

Croatia was lovely but lots of tourist traps and some very overpriced beach front restaurants. I’d recommend doing a bit of research when looking for places to eat so you actually get decent quality for your money! Dubrovnik was fun to explore, but very busy so go early in the day if you want to replicate Cersei’s shame walk on the steps!!

Only downside I’ve had was Menorca. Went twice and it’s been just about “ok”. Lots of tourist traps and not easy to get about without a car. Also 2nd time our hotel was next to a building site which was not fun and our hotel didn’t tell us before we went so we had to make ourselves scarce between 8-3 so we didn’t have to hear the drilling. Quite run down in places and just not a great atmosphere.

Australia is my best but that might have been more for the amount of time I was there and the things I got to do.

My worst is Bulgaria. Where we stayed was lovely in a quiet town but we visited sunny beach and it was hell

Favourite- Geneva in Switzerland. Lake Geneva was just so beautiful, the weather was amazing and the food was great. I would love to go back post-covid.

Least favourite- Paris in France. It had such a depressing feel to it, Disneyland was overrated as well. I much preferred the smaller towns we visited in Northern France such as Le Touquet and Boulogne Sur Mer.

Favourite Thailand and worst Iceland.

Iceland was ridiculously expensive, food was not nice and we had a miserable time because we couldn’t afford to do the things we planned. To do dog slay it was over a £1000 for 2 adults and 2 kids, we couldn’t justify the prices. Also never saw the northern lights.

Favourite is New York. I can’t really put into words why and how it makes me feel thinking about that place, every time I watch any tv programme set in New York I just want to go back!
Least favourite was Brussels. It was very underwhelming.

Reactions: 2
Favourites - Really hard to choose but my top 3 would be Canada, Bruges and Zurich.

Least would Benidorm, just isn’t my type of place its all high rise buildings with very little culture etc and it felt like your typical “British larger lout” holiday (hope I haven’t offended anyone with that)