Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Struggling to think of a place that I really didn't like but least favourite and least likely to return would be Lanzarote - it was just rough as duck and full of Brits (I know, shocker). As a Brit, I don't like being with lots of them on my holiday!

Favourites - Dublin, Florence, Tuscany, Thailand, New York, Greece, Venice I all really enjoyed. Lisbon has a special place in my heart - amazing food, friendly people, beautiful city, super relaxed vibe.

Reactions: 5
Favourite - definitely Mustique. We used to go for 3 weeks every summer and I loved it.

Worst - France. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love France but we went on a school camping trip and there was another school there and they terrorised is to the point our teachers had to check us into a hotel.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Cuba - I've left a small piece of my heart there and I cant wait to go back! Oh it's amazing

Salou - not sure you could pay me to go back to that shithole (obviously not a country but I like the rest of spain)

Cuba - I've left a small piece of my heart there and I cant wait to go back! Oh it's amazing

Salou - not sure you could pay me to go back to that shithole (obviously not a country but I like the rest of spain)
I went to Salou in 2012 with an ex boyfriend. Absolute fuking tit hole full of Chavs. Hated every second of it.

Reactions: 3
Favourite is mainland Spain. I've been all over as we have driven down to southern Spain on a few occasions stopping at random, as well as other times we've flown direct. Just love the way of life, food, beaches, cities, everything!

Least favourite definitely Turkey. I was only 15 but then men were so sleazy it was disgusting. I also just didn't feel very 'safe' in general.

So hard to pick a favourite but I loved Australia so much I moved there for 5 years and married an Aussie (plus it's so close to NZ which is also up there with my top trips).

Worst would probably be Nicaragua.. everyone I met whilst travelling who had been hyped it up but I felt like it was a huge let down and not as good as other countries in Central America.

Worst - France. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love France but we went on a school camping trip and there was another school there and they terrorised is to the point our teachers had to check us into a hotel.
😂 hope you don’t mind but that’s cracking me up

I went to Salou in 2012 with an ex boyfriend. Absolute fuking tit hole full of Chavs. Hated every second of it.
I’ve never even heard of salou?! Is that mainland Spain?

Favourite Rome, was just beautiful, everyone seemed nice and the food was amazing

Least Paris, France. Was just dirty, people are so rude, was noticeably pregnant when went but people still barged into me all the time and the pick pockets are awful. Also hated having to pay to pee everywhere, when pregnant 😂

Favourite france seeing the sights, museums and the boat ride on the river
Least favourite was italy (stay in venice which was lovely seeing the sights and musems and gondella ride but the hotel in florence was horrible it looked like a old prison i also got shocked by a plug that was hanging out the wall the was wires hanging by the shower wasn't safe
I adore Florence, even just for the wonderful art galleries it's well worth a visit. Shame you had a bad hotel! X

Favourite is mainland Spain. I've been all over as we have driven down to southern Spain on a few occasions stopping at random, as well as other times we've flown direct. Just love the way of life, food, beaches, cities, everything!

Least favourite definitely Turkey. I was only 15 but then men were so sleazy it was disgusting. I also just didn't feel very 'safe' in general.
I hated Turkey. I was 15 when I went and constantly harassed by men 247.

Reactions: 4
Favourite- Thailand, beautiful scenery and genuinely lovely people, they go out of their way to help you.
Worst - China, absolutely filthy, awful food and they are so rude, not a bit hospitable. Beautiful things to see but what you have to go through to see them is not worth it.

Fav- South Africa
Least- Seychelles
What was wrong with Seychelles??

It makes me laugh when people say that people in X were rude. It's cultural. Scandis and Finns are not open towards strangers and they aren't social. Poles can be very open and direct.
I found New Yorkers "rude" in comparison to Brits, but I just take it as part of the culture.

Reactions: 2
Worst place I’ve been was Macau on a work trip. Completely soulless hotels trying to be like Vegas but without the fun. Thick acrid cigarette smoke everywhere. Close 2nd is another work trip - to J’burg, nearly car jacked and felt tense and unsafe the whole time as we weren’t allowed to wonder freely outside the compound.

I’ve loved pretty much everywhere else in the world - but particularly Hawaii: beautiful, fun and romantic.

Favourite - Rome, it was just stunning and the food was incredible.

Least - Turkey, again for all the sleazy men. Awful!

Favourite is for sure Fiji! It is so relaxing, they have a saying called Fiji time and it’s that anybody can be late there’s so rush for anything and it’s so laid back. The people are the nicest people I’ve met, they sing a welcome song as your boat moves into their island and a good bye song when you leave. I would love to go back but so much more of the world to see!

My least favourite is Vietnam! I didn’t like the food and felt some of the people where rude towards us, not all though. People commenting on my body size , taking pictures of us on the beach and stuff. Some of the things my eyes seen at the markets and that my nose smelt I never want to experience again. We couldn’t wait to leave

Favourite definitely Thailand
Hated fort Lauderdale in Florida ..absolute pits 👎

Favourite- New Zealand. Literally ticked every box. Beautiful country. Lovely people.

Least favourite- India. From the second we landed I couldn't wait to leave. Every second person we met tried to scam us. Didnt feel safe for duration of stay. Highlight of the trip was getting to the airport to leave.

So hard to pick a favourite but I loved Australia so much I moved there for 5 years and married an Aussie (plus it's so close to NZ which is also up there with my top trips).

Worst would probably be Nicaragua.. everyone I met whilst travelling who had been hyped it up but I felt like it was a huge let down and not as good as other countries in Central America.
Same with Nicaragua, but because I got caught in government riots where they started locking down the city, shooting tear gas and each other. We got locked in our hostel and just had to listen to sounds of gunshots throughout the evening, plus it had cockroaches! Had to escape out the city whilst there was only one working ATM, so huge queue. Oh and to top it off there was an earthquake! Most stressful holiday ever!

Favourite is for sure Fiji! It is so relaxing, they have a saying called Fiji time and it’s that anybody can be late there’s so rush for anything and it’s so laid back. The people are the nicest people I’ve met, they sing a welcome song as your boat moves into their island and a good bye song when you leave. I would love to go back but so much more of the world to see!

My least favourite is Vietnam! I didn’t like the food and felt some of the people where rude towards us, not all though. People commenting on my body size , taking pictures of us on the beach and stuff. Some of the things my eyes seen at the markets and that my nose smelt I never want to experience again. We couldn’t wait to leave
Went to Vietnam and still remember those Mekong Delta markets with the snakes and the frogs tied up in buckets :sick:

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Favourite - America. I went to New York in 2004 and it was amazing. I absolutely loved it. I wouldn't go back now but I'm glad I got to see it when I did.

Least Favourite - Italy, but I don't blame the country. I just stayed in a really crappy/unfriendly part of it and would like to go again to somewhere better. I'm part Italian so I know where I went was not a good representation of the country.

So least favourite was Paris because I had a really sucky time the first time I went. The city was beautiful but the person I was with tainted the whole experience. However, I have since gone back twice and I have loved more each time. I think cities are a weird type of holiday where I prefer them when I go back.

However, my favourite is a tie between Ypres in Belgium and Prague in Czech R. Both are stunning cities with so much history and architecture. I would say Prague maybe pips Ypres only because I was taking pupils to Ypres on a school trip so my freedom wasn't really there.

Favourite - Las Vegas. Love the atmosphere, the people - everything! So much more to it than gambling!
Least favourite - Paris. Found it dirty, the people were so rude & got pick pocketed!