Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She joined in on the fun and made a nice cookie with a Christmas greeting. Nothing else was necessary to say except that the cookie looked nice.

Reactions: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
She joined in on the fun and made a nice cookie with a Christmas greeting. Nothing else was necessary to say except that the cookie looked nice.
Oh the X-mas part? I didn’t see it as a big deal that he joked she left Jesus out. That’s just a thing here in the US, since someone complained about X in place of Christ & it hit the media not long ago. (barely a decade? not too much more) Most ppl still don’t think too much about it. There are non-believers who make a point, prob since then, to always says Xmas or say Happy Holidays & there are Christians who make a point to say Christmas. It’s really a non-issue. He just made a joke.

I saw in comments where some took offense? to him saying she’s 1/2 Jewish. I personally would nvr say it that way. I would just say the person celebrates one or the other or both. Again, not really a big deal, imo.

I guess I don’t see any issue w/ Asa bathing Abbie, because can you imagine how many times he has had to clean her up.
Yeah I can completely understand the need for him to do this, and don’t have any real issue with it - but he doesn’t need to be talking about it to the whole world. Given her mental age, it’s understandable that assistance with bath time would be needed, and they’ve repeatedly said that she responds better to him - for better or worse :rolleyes:

the more I watch the more apparent it is that abby’s main diagnosis is her developmental delay, not autism. That certainly plays into it, especially in regards to her her sensory issues and stimming, but it feels so incredibly fake to constantly label it all under autism instead of addressing the underlying issue. I wish they would refer to that more - not all autistic people, even those with severe autism, are developmentally delayed. I really wish they’d accept and address that instead of trying to push her towards frankly unrealistic goals (such as living semi-independently). Let her just be the fun and loving person she is.

Oh the X-mas part? I didn’t see it as a big deal that he joked she left Jesus out. That’s just a thing here in the US, since someone complained about X in place of Christ & it hit the media not long ago. (barely a decade? not too much more) Most ppl still don’t think too much about it. There are non-believers who make a point, prob since then, to always says Xmas or say Happy Holidays & there are Christians who make a point to say Christmas. It’s really a non-issue. He just made a joke.

I saw in comments where some took offense? to him saying she’s 1/2 Jewish. I personally would nvr say it that way. I would just say the person celebrates one or the other or both. Again, not really a big deal, imo.
Being Jewish, I just didn’t think it was funny. i guess iI’m a non-believer And a snowflake, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Being Jewish, I just didn’t think it was funny. i guess iI’m a non-believer And a snowflake, lol.
If you think that I’m all smiley over non-believers making a mockery over any belief system, you’re mistaken. No reason to be snarky.

He should be editing the gold digging out to somewhat protect her. But at this point, he’s so far in (like the booger) that what’s the point. lol. Both puns nearly unintended.

• Haha
It’s so sad that they don’t give her the toys and fun she seems to love. Abbie seemed so happy when she was picking toys in the shop and loved all the ones with noises you pressed, but you never see her playing with that type of thing at home.
Yes she did but today they uploaded a video of her playing with toys from a sensory box and she did not really seem interested at all. You can see Asa holding her hand at one point to help her play with the toy. Not because he wanted to help her but because I’m sure it’s sponsored.

I think it makes sense to why we never see Abbie playing with toys. I don’t think her main diagnosis is Autism so she doesn’t grasp the concept of things easily..

They haven’t been showing the basket of toys being dumped out. When they did, she wasn’t great about putting things away. She was destroying the basket. Maybe her attn span isn’t as great w/ the sensory toys anymore. All she seems to want is items in her mouth. She even tore a piece of paper the other day & immediately attempted to put it in her mouth. It’s probably endless all day. She forever tries to eat moonsand, slime, playdoh, etc. And she doesn’t seem to be sensory seeking w/ any of those items she must view as edible.

I was surprised they gave Isaiah the larger room. She loved that pool full of pillows. Sad they won’t set that up for her. They have a sitting room & a livingroom. Selfish & silly. Once their giant tree is gone, why not give her a pool full of pillows for a week. They could store it in the guest room...oh wait. lol

On ‘Cody Speaks’ on FB...their garage is a sensory room w/ a giant swing.

If you think that I’m all smiley over non-believers making a mockery over any belief system, you’re mistaken. No reason to be snarky.

He should be editing the gold digging out to somewhat protect her. But at this point, he’s so far in (like the booger) that what’s the point. lol. Both puns nearly unintended.
I didn’t mean to be snarky, Merry Christmas. ❤

• Heart
Tattle is back on! They got Abbie a new Cart/Buggy thing to replace the golf cart, Asa probably thought he was was cool as hell driving it in his pyjamas 🤮 Can’t imagine what the neighbours must think of them

Tattle is back on! They got Abbie a new Cart/Buggy thing to replace the golf cart, Asa probably thought he was was cool as hell driving it in his pyjamas 🤮 Can’t imagine what the neighbours must think of them
I need to finish watching this but have they said if they will ever allow her to drive it? Can they? It seemed that Abbie loved driving the golf cart and I pray she can do so with this one!!

That would be like letting a 1 year old drive a street legal vehicle. If they even attempt to let her drive they should be charged and made to get rid of the glorified golf cart. I can’t even put to words how dangerous that would be.

Reactions: 5
I need to finish watching this but have they said if they will ever allow her to drive it? Can they? It seemed that Abbie loved driving the golf cart and I pray she can do so with this one!!
Abbie drove the old golf cart? What episode did that happen? I must have missed it.

It was difficult and very cringy to watch him try to prevent and actually prevent Abbie from eating the things she had zero idea she was "decorating". Vile pieces of garbage!
As they unloaded the car, (as always Abbie is made a pack mule) she picks up the papertowels (Bounty) Assa screams 'not sponsored'!!!
I felt he was being his usual smart assed self as he could not contain his knowledge that the Bounty "ad" went nowhere. 😆
It appears and yes we are paying attention, that 'the wife' is back to eating regular sized portions. How great for her. All that sugary food and alcohol she consumed over the last 10 days had to have a negative impact. I hope her bariatric surgeon watches the vlog. 😆
Of course Assa bought at a minimum $13,000 electric car to draw attention to himself. I am glad they will take Abbie for rides occasionally for blog content.
If Isaiah does not get teased by his peers he must go to school with a very odd group of kids. I can not imagine him living down some of the crap he ends up doing. Those Dunkin pajamas? Really? That stupid singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer with Assa at the end? The tree decorating pics of Assa in Isaiah's arms with his legs wrapped around Isaiah's waist while they are both in pajamas? Really? If Isiah were 3 I could see that being a cute pic. What 18 year old does those things?
And btw Assa..I disagree. St. Francis of Assisi is the patron Saint of animals.
Not Gardens.
If you and your family are going to continue to be blasphemous on the channel - at least research before speaking.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
She won’t be driving it, but she’ll enjoy being in the passenger seat when Isaiah or Summer is driving it, like with the old golf cart

Abbie drove the old golf cart? What episode did that happen? I must have missed it.
Yes! It wasn’t pretty but he was right beside her and she about took out a mailbox.. She seems so happy in it though.. I hope the respite workers can take her out with it because if not, I doubt the two parental figures will find enough time to do so...

Abbie has actually done it twice, while he was recording.. Which tells me that he may allow her to do it again...

Attachments

Last edited:
Just thought I’d mention that someone had commented (on YT) on the repetitive appetizer spread for guests that of course they ate it up. They likely showed up expecting more of a meal.

Thought it was disgusting when he said they’ve been waiting 6 mos. to get the new golf cart almost as if it were a long time to save up!

Yes, he was total passive aggressive when shouting not sponsored about the papertowels. Hilarious.

Dad & son junk riding up against eachother all for a pic. Meanwhile both are femmes at times. Odd choice. Hope Isaiah knows he can say no thanks, pass on that idea. Then again he happily put on a girls fitted DnD onesie. Btw, no one I’ve ever known has called them Dunkin. Maybe it’s a Southern thang.

I’m guessing the golf cart was an item Asa purchased for himself but then Abbie liked it so it became a thing for the vlog. Once it was gone, ppl noticed, so guess what.....they got a new one. I would love to believe it was strictly a gift for Abbie but I think they did it as an investment for a future content.

If anyone had a forever 1 yr old in their home & the infant would only happy if they were riding their toy train...well...you get the idea. Abbie has issues, but is also extremely spoiled w/ her rides & pool. She should be kept engaged & happy because her brain never developed normally & even tho spoiled, she does act unhappy, stressed, & freaking out most of the time. Imagine if she had to deal with extreme cold, messy snow boots to take off in car & struggle to put back on, no where to swim/no ocean, or how about having a dirt floor like that autistic boy that Isa. visited! Abbie could use a reality check at times. Like multiple warnings if she’s impulsive, she won’t get what she wants AT ALL. And keep at that until she finally learns, rather than giving in after a time out. They should try that sometime. Not to be cruel, but because she does laugh & knows how to manipulate situations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.