Fathering Autism #9 Eat and Travel as much as we wanna, we're spreading awareness and Corona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Priscilla's does... if you watch any one of her lipstick makeup videos you will see she has something going on with her pinky. At first I thought maybe she cant straighten it...but then I've seen her straighten it too.
Dang she is in her 30’s looks like she is 50+, not a great add for skincare she sales.

Reactions: 10
I saw a tiktok of a teacher who showed off a sci experiment w/ several slices of bread in seperate baggies. One slice was all gray & moldy from being rubbed on a laptop, another was moldy & gross after being touched by the hands of 20+ kids, another showed how moldy & yellow the bread was after kids used hand sanitizer then touched the bread...& the bread that was touched w/ washed hands was still clean looking. So she can shove her hand sanitizer.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Or you could, I don't know, wash your hands..... I had an appointment with my allergist (I'm allergic to Florida) today and he reminded me that hand sanitizer is not a substitute for hand washing. Better than nothing, but he wanted me follow up any use of hand sanitizer with washing my hands asap. I have mild asthma and just got over the flu so the odds of me getting a mild case or just carrying the virus with no symptoms are pretty much negative.
But no, Cilla, don't get any ideas. I'm not interested in any $48 per oz soap either. I spent that money on my copays at the doctor and the pharmacy. I really need to work on my priorities, right?

Edited to add, I was typing this before I say GrammaL's post. She is absolutely correct about how to use hand sanitizer. So my remarks are not about what she said, but directed at P acting like her product would protect anyone from getting sick.
That’s what I keep saying. Use soap and water. When I was growing up we had no hand sanitizer and I seemed to have survived other flu outbreaks the last 50 years. Also, the frenzy over bottled water cracks me up. Turn on your faucet and you’ll have water. Crazy how so many have panicked. Use caution I agree but talk about going off the rails.

Reactions: 11
If you feel lost, like you have no purpose,you need to talk to me? That is a line on her own page,where she shares a Picture of her,MoobMan and 2 other couples from the Cabo trip. So,I guess now she is a seer,knows all,will heal all!
She also rants on and on about Inow Asa has always spoiled her taken care of ber( um,guess you forgot about that pesky affair),etc.
and as you are touting being a good provider,guess you have forgotten about the fact of the first daughter...wasn’t to good at being a “good provider” for her now was he?
Meanwhile,anyone who posts a question over on the vlog about the traveling after the Cabo trip is bullied,then comment removed.

Trip to Cabo- before state of emergency. That was declared day they arrived inGa. But hey,they are the Maas family....they say/do what they want
Wow, these people are a bunch of panhandling hustlers. Congratulations "Crazy" Nanny for getting out of that 🎪🎭🤹‍♀️. She was not about that monkey business, faking for the cameras and scripted vlog drama. By the time they moved to the new house, she was always taking Abbie out, on walks and different places. Anyone notice that Abbie's recent sleep problems started right after Nanny left them? And I was mad at what Priscilla had to say about her leaving..."oh we supported her through everything". Yeah while she took care of your special needs daughter, bathed and toileted her, played with her, took her places, did art with her, took her for walks and folded their laundry, house sat for them, turns out had a long commute to get to their place and her husband has Cancer. They didn't appreciate her, always praise for Becca and Summer, even in the new house they said "yeah Abbie is getting used to walking because Becca takes her out" Really??:cautious:, now all Abbie has are these "kids" who can't even get her to go into Target, and get happy about "making" her a "meal" of PB&J and chips. Where is Abbie's art Asa? What does summer and Becca actually DO with Abbie.... ooooooh yeah, boops, tickle time and patty cake, priorities right Priscilla ;):unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well Summer is with her family this week. I wonder if they were mad that she she went to Atlanta with them.

Reactions: 9
I actually don't find it that odd or 'wrong' for Summer & Isaiah to play-fight with Abbie, tickle her etc. As we've said many many times already, Abbie's mentality is much younger than her physical age. Anywhere from 1 - 3 years old depending on the situation. They're relating to her on that level. If she were an NT 15 year old - that would be a different story. Also, it clearly makes Abbie happy. She doesn't get upset or in distress by it.
Very true, thank you. Another thing (the main thing) that makes Abbie happy if food, mostly junk food. However she has to be limited and trained how to handle food or she would eat until she vomited. Similarly she needs to be taught how to function in the world and interact with others. She learns through consistent interaction and repetition according to them. So if tickling and wrestling is a large part of her interaction with others what will she do when she is older, how will she adapt to future care givers. What if she needs to go to a group home. These are all very real circumstances that she may face as a toddler trapped in the body of an adult. Again, they need to reevaluate what "set for life" fully entails.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Very true, thank you. Another thing (the main thing) that makes Abbie happy if food, mostly junk food. However she has to be limited and trained how to handle food or she would eat until she vomited. Similarly she needs to be taught how to function in the world and interact with others. She learns through consistent interaction and repetition according to them. So if tickling and wrestling is a large part of her interaction with others what will she do when she is older, how will she adapt to future care givers. What if she needs to go to a group home. These are all very real circumstances that she may face as a toddler trapped in the body of an adult. Again, they need to reevaluate what "set for life" fully entails.
That's a fair point. I think lines and boundaries get blurred with Summer because she has been a friend of the family for a long time and only recently started being a respite worker for Abbie. How does she separate which interactions with Abbie are as her caregiver and which are as a friend (Yes, I know the whole friend thing is debatable but I'm using it for lack of a better term)? One way might be that within a certain timeframe - say 9:00am to 6:00pm, Summer is doing respite/caregiver work. The rest of the time she's off-duty. Should she not interact with Abbie during off-duty hours, so as not to confuse Abbie?? No, that wouldn't really work. Plus she's living with them. So yeah, major lines & boundaries being blurred and messy. Becca seems to be a bit more professional with it but she doesn't spend as much time with them as Summer does and she doesn't live there. With Isaiah, he's Abbie's sibling who has been forced into the caregiver role. With him, goofing around is a typical sibling dynamic.

Reactions: 13
Yes, the encouraging the hyper behavior and tickling is SO annoying. Are any of you holding down (or did) your 15 yr old and tickling and booping their noses? Or letting the 18 yr old brother roll around wrestling her? Did I raise my "typical teen" too harshly? Its creepy. Are they going to be tickling her when shes a frumpy 30 yr old?
In my opinion, excessive tickling is abuse. I would rather get punched in the face.

Reactions: 9
What’s going to happen when she needs dental work or has to have a pelvic/GYN exam...it’s got to happen at some point, all women need to be checked out with Pap smears
I asked how they handle routine dental exams a year or so ago. I asked a few times actually. And I never got a response from them.

Reactions: 7
Speaking of Summer and school, and Becca too....I wonder when they will start to have a conflict with what they are learning about ABA from professionals, and what Asa says? Becca will be interning at JSA soon and surrounded by real educators and therapists. Will be interesting to say the least.
She may also see what they really think of the Maass family and Abbie's behavior at school.

I actually don't find it that odd or 'wrong' for Summer & Isaiah to play-fight with Abbie, tickle her etc. As we've said many many times already, Abbie's mentality is much younger than her physical age. Anywhere from 1 - 3 years old depending on the situation. They're relating to her on that level. If she were an NT 15 year old - that would be a different story. Also, it clearly makes Abbie happy. She doesn't get upset or in distress by it.
Because of Abbie's size and physical age I find it inappropriate. Also, they want her to be gentle with people and she doesn't realize the difference. She pinches, kicks, pulls hair...if she is treated gently they can teach her to touch gently.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
A few things about the tickling/wrestling.
P constantly goes on about how Abbie is a “typical teen” . While not so in the sense of emotional levels,she is experiencing Puberty. And while not able to verbalize,no one knows exactly what she experiences from those sort of “play” ( and please,not being a weirdo).
And not just the fact of puberty,but she cannot verbalize if she enjoys it,nor can she differentiate between play/ acceptable behaviors.
Why not sit w her and try some sort of activity that would be both a learning experience and also a calming one?
All of them,from MoobMan down,could be actually helping her with her communicating devices to learn more(even if it’s 1 or 2) ways to “communicate” w them.
Asa alluded to the school saying she was making more intelligible sounds,he even spent a whopping 40 seconds on a vlog trying to prove it. Hmm,how about each of them taking a turn to make that happen( if possible)?

Of course it’s damned hard when one is all consumed w getting a vlog out there so the loons can drool,declare undying love,etc.
It’s damned hard when most of your time is spent”working” and on the phone most of the day.
I,like many others,have no clue just how much Abbie can learn/absorb,but damn,make the effort,and that means at home as well as school.
If she can be taught to put her shoes on( and on the right foot each day) then she just may be able to be taught some other things to make her life just a little bit easier without having as many meltdowns.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A few things about the tickling/wrestling.
P constantly goes on about how Abbie is a “typical teen” . While not so in the sense of emotional levels,she is experiencing Puberty. And while not able to verbalize,no one knows exactly what she experiences from those sort of “play” ( and please,not being a weirdo).
And not just the fact of puberty,but she cannot verbalize if she enjoys it,nor can she differentiate between play/ acceptable behaviors.
Why not sit w her and try some sort of activity that would be both a learning experience and also a calming one?
All of them,from MoobMan down,could be actually helping her with her communicating devices to learn more(even if it’s 1 or 2) ways to “communicate” w them.
Asa alluded to the school saying she was making more intelligible sounds,he even spent a whopping 40 seconds on a vlog trying to prove it. Hmm,how about each of them taking a turn to make that happen( if possible)?

Of course it’s damned hard when one is all consumed w getting a vlog out there so the loons can drool,declare undying love,etc.
It’s damned hard when most of your time is spent”working” and on the phone most of the day.
I,like many others,have no clue just how much Abbie can learn/absorb,but damn,make the effort,and that means at home as well as school.
If she can be taught to put her shoes on( and on the right foot each day) then she just may be able to be taught some other things to make her life just a little bit easier without having as many meltdowns.
YEESSSS!! 🥳 Thank you 👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 5
I have a question. What is the difference in a melt-down and a tantrum? When i think of melt-down I think that everything has become so overwhelming you just kind of loose it emotionally, with a tantrum you are more or less pissed because its you not getting what you want, or when you want it. I would like to see everyone thoughts on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I sincerely wish that Abbie can be "taught" to do more things.
However, the reality is, she's been left in the wild for far too long and I don't believe she has the "ability".
Sadly, that train left the station long ago.
In my opinion.

Reactions: 12
Because of Abbie's size and physical age I find it inappropriate. Also, they want her to be gentle with people and she doesn't realize the difference. She pinches, kicks, pulls hair...if she is treated gently they can teach her to touch gently.
Wanting her to be gentle with others is, in my opinion, the most compelling reason to be gentle with her.

I have a question. What is the difference in a melt-down and a tantrum? When i think of melt-down I think that everything has become so overwhelming you just kind of loose it emotionally, with a tantrum you are more or less pissed because its you not getting what you want, or when you want it. I would like to see everyone thoughts on this.
To me a meltdown is "I can't cope with this situation ." And a tantrum is "I don't want to do something I am capable of doing or you won't give me what I want."

I see some grey area in there too. For someone who can't communicate and is at the mercy of others, not being able to say "I am able to do this most of the time, but not right now" must make life so much harder.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
According to A&P, a tantrum is Abbie "communicating" what she wants by crying, yelling, jumping and thrashing. A melt-down is all of the above but includes aggression as well. However, Brandy has told them and the vlog in general several times that I have seen, that she does not differentiate between a meltdown or tantrum....that they are BOTH unacceptable forms of communication and behavior and shouldnt be reinforced...but Asa "knows" his Sweet Girl, and tantrums are "excellent" because she is "communicating" and just needs to express herself better.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.