Fathering Autism #9 Eat and Travel as much as we wanna, we're spreading awareness and Corona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Abbie's low muscle tone, I don't see her ever getting very strong. Not strong enough to hurt anyone.

Reactions: 5
The video of the doctor here, this is what parents need to see, this is how you bring in Autism Awareness and this was one of their earlier vlogs before money got too involved. I wished they would go ancient, look at these vlogs and then compare it to what they are doing now and see where they need to scale back and go back to simpler times. Fine, don’t sell the house, etc., but stop with all the trips, shopping, product placement and all that crap!!

With Abbie's low muscle tone, I don't see her ever getting very strong. Not strong enough to hurt anyone.
Oh yes, even with low muscle tone, they can hurt someone really badly. Just because you have overall low tone, doesn’t mean that they don’t have strength. Those are two separate things.

Reactions: 17
She can sure throw cans and kick, pull hair, pinch, hit, slap and thrash around violently though. That's what I'm saying is, she shouldn't be taught that hurting ppl is the way to get what she wants. There aren't alot of ppl outside her family that will put up with that kind of behavior. If it were me (and thank god it aint) I wouldn't want to have to worry about getting assaulted just bc someone didn't get their snack fast enough or someone didnt get the song they wanted on quick enough.

How are you folks posting YouTube videos on this thread? I can't figure out how to do it from my phone.

Reactions: 7
PityCillas whole take on the virus thing is just disgusting. They of all people should have been more mindful of traveling after returning from Cabo. Just because there were no restrictions in place when they got back home,thing is,the State of Emergency had been declared.
They have no idea who they were exposed to. I guess one cannot expect them to be concerned about maybe spreading to others if they don’t give a damn if they don’t care if they may have contracted it.
As for Abbie,aggression,etc.
Like a child,she also “learns” from what she sees/experiences. If they are are going to rough house w her in the name of “fun” which she doesn’t comprehend that fully,then they had better expect her to continue that same behavior at any time. They set her up constantly IMO for those behaviors to appear.

I also do believe that in some areas she is “teachable”. She most certainly can be taught to use her devices to say things like NO,Yes,and even different food products. Of course it’s going to take time! Seems quite funny how Brandi can get Abbie to “speak” through her devices yet,one barely sees Abbie w them most other times.

And now w the Vans thing. Once again it proves how much they are now more interested in how much swag/money they can acquire vs. having actual teaching/learning vlogs. Of course they will strut poor Abbie in front of the camera,but there is NO real learning going on. The only thing they are teaching others is that it is okay to use your challenged child to line your pockets. And as I have stated before,I take issue w a good deal of those youtube families who parade their kids around,have them performing on those vlogs. It’s free labor for them. It’s exploitation. It’s also,IMO,a very dangerous situation to put them in,especially knowing they have no voice to say NO.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another rabid fan....maybe P can get her company to sell rabies shots! Btw,look close at P’s answer. Seems she is totally clueless about what exactly a National State of Emergency is. FL. Didn’t have one according to her.....🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Holy Schnitzel! I live less than 2 minutes away from P&A and yes we HAVE been told we are under the State of Emergency....so I’m not sure what bubble he’s living in. They went to Atlanta last week(which was spring break) and Jacksonville had already extended spring break until March 23rd(now the closure has been extended until April 15th). So they were well aware and just chose to ignore it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She can still do damage. Kicking,biting,head butting against a person,etc. I have seen it first hand. If a parent/caregiver tries to restrain them to keep from hurting themselves,the sheer strength it can take is many times to much to handle.
It’s akin to someone who sees a loved one in danger and the adrenaline kicks in almost giving them super human strengths. She may not be able to make a fist per se,but her flailing arms can actually do some serious danger.

Reactions: 12
PityCillas whole take on the virus thing is just disgusting. They of all people should have been more mindful of traveling after returning from Cabo. Just because there were no restrictions in place when they got back home,thing is,the State of Emergency had been declared.
They have no idea who they were exposed to. I guess one cannot expect them to be concerned about maybe spreading to others if they don’t give a damn if they don’t care if they may have contracted it.
As for Abbie,aggression,etc.
Like a child,she also “learns” from what she sees/experiences. If they are are going to rough house w her in the name of “fun” which she doesn’t comprehend that fully,then they had better expect her to continue that same behavior at any time. They set her up constantly IMO for those behaviors to appear.

I also do believe that in some areas she is “teachable”. She most certainly can be taught to use her devices to say things like NO,Yes,and even different food products. Of course it’s going to take time! Seems quite funny how Brandi can get Abbie to “speak” through her devices yet,one barely sees Abbie w them most other times.

And now w the Vans thing. Once again it proves how much they are now more interested in how much swag/money they can acquire vs. having actual teaching/learning vlogs. Of course they will strut poor Abbie in front of the camera,but there is NO real learning going on. The only thing they are teaching others is that it is okay to use your challenged child to line your pockets. And as I have stated before,I take issue w a good deal of those youtube families who parade their kids around,have them performing on those vlogs. It’s free labor for them. It’s exploitation. It’s also,IMO,a very dangerous situation to put them in,especially knowing they have no voice to say NO.
Just bc your ABLE to jump off a bridge dosen't mean you SHOULD. Or just bc your ABLE to go in and stab your neighbor to death dosen't mean you SHOULD.....I can go all year with examples. I tell ya what, they are going to keep taking these unnecessary risks and eventually something is going to happen that can't be taken back or argued out of.

Reactions: 11
Holy Schnitzel! I live less than 2 minutes away from P&A and yes we HAVE been told we are under the State of Emergency....so I’m not sure what bubble he’s living in. They went to Atlanta last week(which was spring break) and Jacksonville had already extended spring break until March 23rd(now the closure has been extended until April 15th). So they were well aware and just chose to ignore it.
Yes,I agree. I think it was the day they got back,or the day after. Thing is,she seems to think that because nothing was closed down as of yet across the board it meant it was okay to travel.
I felt so very bad for the poster who commented on it. I wanted to write something myself but chose to stay out of it. Her fans didn’t quit.
Have learned that when it comes to the Maas family,it’s okay to break rules cause ya know,they have a child w autism. I can only hope that very soon karma will catch up to these arses.

I agree she can bite and pinch etc but I guess what I meant was she isn't going to slam anyone up against a wall.

I said in another thread, if she was my child I would have my house calm and zen like. No wild rap music, maybe a fish tank instead of a puppy, maybe even try to teach Abbie some Yoga. But there is way too much noise and confusion in that home for anyone in my opinion. Live calmly and gently and she will learn calm and gentle.

You tickle, chase, grab, play wild music....then you get a wild child.

• Heart
Saw a vid last week where Had a bloody scratch on his face because abby grabbed him and clinched his face hard as she could. I can't remember what he said was the circumstance but he called it an aggressive attack. And then back peddled 2 seconds later that she didn't mean it to hurt him and was not agressive. And just recently claimed she is never aggressive or violent. Bullshit dude you have loads of videos with it.

As scared people seem to be if A at times (his kids, wife) I can see him being at the least verbally abusive when the camera stops. Hell even on camera he puts down and degrades those around him. His poor son can't even succeed with his parents taking it from him. Even his photography... dad had to go out and try and outdo him. Then blow his own pics up to hang in the house as a way of saying "anything you can do I can do better"

Awhile back A mentioned some meds Ab is on. I have been on some of them. And they will drug you up, totally numb you, and effect how present you are in reality. It is nasty stuff and addictive. Being how drugged up she seems it makes sense. And I am sure they give her different meds they don't mention. They are probably doping her up to try and make her easy to deal with and camera ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She can still do damage. Kicking,biting,head butting against a person,etc. I have seen it first hand. If a parent/caregiver tries to restrain them to keep from hurting themselves,the sheer strength it can take is many times to much to handle.
It’s akin to someone who sees a loved one in danger and the adrenaline kicks in almost giving them super human strengths. She may not be able to make a fist per se,but her flailing arms can actually do some serious danger.
All of this and a lack of inhibition because she hasn't been taught not to lash out.
Also, self defense courses taught me that in terms of damage you don't have to be big to do damage to someone.

Reactions: 11
Yup dont need to be strong. My son when he was 3 broke my nose. Not even throwing a fit. We were playing and he jerked his head back laughing and *CRACK* nose is still not totally straight lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So many parents are dealing w a child/adult w autism. IMO,these cretins do a disservice to them. Behind the scenes,so many haven’t been able to get services and are doing the job by themselves. So many are actively searching for answers,any answers,to help them get by. They see a vlog such as the Maas family puts out and what they once thought was a sort of safe port in a storm,has turned into a 24 hr a day infomercial to tout their products,name sponsors, call,out those who won’t sponsor them,etc.
Sure,they could put up their own vlogs,but they have enough decency to know that while their loved one may not be able to voice it,they deserve to have that modicum of respect to not be used/profited off of,etc.

Most don’t have the time nor the luxury of vlogging all day long as they have other priorities as well. They have other children,jobs,homes that need upkeep,etc etc

They are actively engaging w the loved one to help them maybe make just 1 small step to make life a bit better all around.

And those who finally are afforded services,no matter how large or minimal are NOT being derelict in their role as parent/caretaker to just leave it all up to the provider. They crave the chance to learn as much as they can,be shown tools/techniques to use themselves. Even a 15 minute respite break to take a shower without fear is a luxury to some who don’t have family support.

Just an aside,I watched Jen yesterday and have been over the last couple of days. That poor girl is in total lockdown at her residence. And while she is struggling,even she gets why. And if I am not mistaken,she isnt to far from the Maas family. I think Jen mentioned she has been in lockdown now since Saturday. But the Maas family gets bitchy when anyone speaks to their travels and lack of comprehension on the seriousness of travel.
But again,they had that beautiful hand sanitizer. All are safe.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you! Seriously, what is wrong with them and their fan$? Unfortunately I just have to keep using the word crazy crazy CRAZY!! Not dumb or special, just coo coo🥴🤪o_O

Then again :unsure: , @Ham is back with the angry face on people's opinions. Why not post a comment here? Everyone is allowed to have their say here.

Reactions: 3
Shes stupid enough to ADMIT what we have been saying.
"I had no idea".
Of course she didn't.
We had an idea though.
She should be doing this kind of stuff with her "sweet girl" whom she loves so much *sarcasm* every day!
Oh and tha witch just HAD to get that tired mom hashtag in.
Nobody f'n cares that you are tired.
If that's your only complaint you are doing fantastic.
#shesatiredlazyfatpig
In my opinion.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just watched the Atlanta vlog. If we have done anything here, we have helped Abbie have a voice. They showed how they listen when she says "no"...well isn't that new? She sure as hell doesn't trust them to listen because it looked like she felt they were going to make her go on the ferris wheel.

A&P...your daughter does not trust you., that's great parenting right there.

• Heart
Moving from the car to the sofa is a sweaty workout for P.

And oh, so now we are to believe Abbie is recognizing weather conditions? She cant have "hello" on her tablet, but is a doing this? Whatever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Shes stupid enough to ADMIT what we have been saying.
"I had no idea".
Of course she didn't.
We had an idea though.
She should be doing this kind of stuff with her "sweet girl" whom she loves so much *sarcasm* every day!
Oh and tha witch just HAD to get that tired mom hashtag in.
Nobody f'n cares that you are tired.
If that's your only complaint you are doing fantastic.
#shesatiredlazyfatpig
In my opinion.
Wtf!? They have been to that school numerous times. They attend meetings all the time as well. To say you were unaware is easily translated to- we just had no reason to know,they do it!
Sooo,during the breaks they don’t do any of these things w her? How many yrs has she been in that school?
Maybe the new title should be”We have no awareness,just here for the money”!
This is why Abbie has NOT made as much progression as she may have! Stupid is one thing,ignorance is a whole other ballgame!

• Heart
And how on earth can they be expected to spend their day homeschooling? They "work" 80 hrs a week LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.