Fathering Autism #9 Eat and Travel as much as we wanna, we're spreading awareness and Corona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just going to write something similar. I understand it is not a popular opinion but Ab doesn't "care". She would do better in a structured environment with 24/7 care.
I have thought this from word one. I was telling my husband, very early on, that she needs to be institutionalized. I actually discussed it with my kids developmental therapist at one point, and she agreed with me. (Of course it wasn't an "on the record" discussion bc, it had nothing to do with my kids development) It was a little side discussion and I was telling her how they allow this child to act like a heathen in public and disturb other folks like it's no big deal and the way they allow her to thrash around and how she does get violent. She wouldn't act like that in a structured environment.

I have said before that I only have pity for Abbie. That’s not to say I would patience enough to spend anytime with her. But that’s on my shortcomings. I watched one of her young vldoes today - from 8 years ago. She was looking at a boot or something on Asa’s hand with textures and colors. She seemed interested. At the end, Asa said “Abbie” and she reacted to her name immediately. Her eyes seemed clear and her attention span seemed much keener than presently.
She seems to have gotten worse over the years with the "being in the moment " stuff. (Imo) She really isnt "there" most of the time nowadays but, in the older videos she seemed to be.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I have thought this from word one. I was telling my husband, very early on, that she needs to be institutionalized. I actually discussed it with my kids developmental therapist at one point, and she agreed with me. (Of course it wasn't an "on the record" discussion bc, it had nothing to do with my kids development) It was a little side discussion and I was telling her how they allow this child to act like a heathen in public and disturb other folks like it's no big deal and the way they allow her to thrash around and how she does get violent. She wouldn't act like that in a structured environment.
I don’t think so at this point. They are fairly young and should be able to handle it,especially w all the help they have right now. It prob will come to that in about 10 yrs though when she is too strong for them to really handle. The frustration levels do grow as they get “older” and their bodies are also reacting differently. And,eventually meds will need more and more adjustments as her system no longer reacts to lower dosages/ particular meds.

Reactions: 6
While I totally agree that they are not providing her the best environment to progress, institutions that seem good on the surface just aren't okay.
Especially for someone who is nonverbal. My brother has been in a few and even the "nice" ones scared the living tit out of me. I am sure there are good places out there, but you also want one close to home so you can check in and make sure things really are okay.

If an awesome institution were available? Like if JSA had a resident program. Then heck ya, get her in there.

Reactions: 15
While I totally agree that they are not providing her the best environment to progress, institutions that seem good on the surface just aren't okay.
Especially for someone who is nonverbal. My brother has been in a few and even the "nice" ones scared the living tit out of me. I am sure there are good places out there, but you also want one close to home so you can check in and make sure things really are okay.

If an awesome institution were available? Like if JSA had a resident program. Then heck ya, get her in there.
Or maybe, at some point, hire a full time caregiver for her, who is professionally trained to handle young adults with similar disabilities.

Reactions: 13

They may be able to find a private home type. My cousin,after 28 yrs of raising her severely,non verbal,IDD,etc son had to place him. It had reached a point of life/death in her situation. She is a petite woman,and he is about 5’10 or so. She took many beating through the years from him,but still kept him at home. Even centers that once would take him for 2 hrs or so a day finally couldn’t do it. It took a beating that she was lucky to survive to make her realize,sadly,she had done all she could for him.
She looked into schools,and no,not happening. She did look into facilities,and again no. She found a home,w caring people,all w medical backgrounds who took him in. They had 2 others living there as well. And yes,she makes the trip at the least,3 times a week,sometimes more( it’s been a year and her “guilt” is still so bad) to make sure all is good w him. His SS disability,p,us other state funding is covering the costs. She provides the basics,clothing,toiletries,etc. and extras for not just him,but the home in general.
If,like they say are putting monies away,they should be able to find,a good place for her,or have someone live in full time as her caretaker( I know they plan on Isiah doing the caretakingi) w Isiah as an overseer when they die.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The Coronavirus Pandemic:
In this time of uncertainty, people around the world must do their part to slow down the spread and defeat the invisible enemy coronavirus. Practice social distancing, check on our elderly, provide positive messages on social media, wash our hands, use hand sanitizer. Pitycilla must be proud she is doing her part:
Screenshot_20200317-185003~2.png

Pitycilla, you are worse than bottom of the barrel, you are the garbage juice found on the bottom of the barrel.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I dunno..she did take him to Cabo w her. She could have just as easily taken Summer or someone else. And the. She sang his praises to the heavens on her makeup site. Could be a front,but I do believe she is no,ding on for dear life and will say/do anything to keep him.
Well the way she tracked him down years ago when she was pregnant shows her tenacity. I don’t think arsewipe cares about her half as much as she cares about him.
Old Lancashire saying. They would spoil another couple

Reactions: 8
Or maybe, at some point, hire a full time caregiver for her, who is professionally trained to handle young adults with similar disabilities.

Oh absolutely! I'm not saying just stick her anywhere but, if they could find one that provides exactly what she needs and one that would allow them to visit her anytime they pleased, that's what they need to do. What I'm saying is, if they continue to let her act the way she does, someone is going to get hurt or even killed. They said it theirselves that she gets violent and what if she were to start throwing can goods at the big lady while she is driving again and what if this time, it knocks the big lady out. Not only is the big lady going to be hurt but, she is going to wreck the car. I wouldn't want her to hit and kill my family just bc her kid didn't get her snack quick enough. I would sue the pants off that family if that were to happen. That's just one scenario that could happen. As she gets bigger, she will get stronger, and they aren't going to be able to handle that behavior pretty soon. See what I mean?

Well the way she tracked him down years ago when she was pregnant shows her tenacity. I don’t think arsewipe cares about her half as much as she cares about him.
Old Lancashire saying. They would spoil another couple
Wait, the big lady tracked him down? When?

Reactions: 8
I don’t think so at this point. They are fairly young and should be able to handle it,especially w all the help they have right now. It prob will come to that in about 10 yrs though when she is too strong for them to really handle. The frustration levels do grow as they get “older” and their bodies are also reacting differently. And,eventually meds will need more and more adjustments as her system no longer reacts to lower dosages/ particular meds.
That’s what I think. “ sweet girl “ will no longer be a teenager but a grown arse woman. Different altogether.

They may be able to find a private home type. My cousin,after 28 yrs of raising her severely,non verbal,IDD,etc son had to place him. It had reached a point of life/death in her situation. She is a petite woman,and he is about 5’10 or so. She took many beating through the years from him,but still kept him at home. Even centers that once would take him for 2 hrs or so a day finally couldn’t do it. It took a beating that she was lucky to survive to make her realize,sadly,she had done all she could for him.
She looked into schools,and no,not happening. She did look into facilities,and again no. She found a home,w caring people,all w medical backgrounds who took him in. They had 2 others living there as well. And yes,she makes the trip at the least,3 times a week,sometimes more( it’s been a year and her “guilt” is still so bad) to make sure all is good w him. His SS disability,p,us other state funding is covering the costs. She provides the basics,clothing,toiletries,etc. and extras for not just him,but the home in general.
If,like they say are putting monies away,they should be able to find,a good place for her,or have someone live in full time as her caretaker( I know they plan on Isiah doing the caretakingi) w Isiah as an overseer when they die.
The Coronavirus Pandemic:
In this time of uncertainty, people around the world must do their part to slow down the spread and defeat the invisible enemy coronavirus. Practice social distancing, check on our elderly, provide positive messages on social media, wash our hands, use hand sanitizer. Pitycilla must be proud she is doing her part:
View attachment 96966
Pitycilla, you are worse than bottom of the barrel, you are the garbage juice found on the bottom of the barrel.
What an absolute piece of tit she is

Reactions: 12
Funny that she is going on about this awesome has sanitizer and she is currently sick... which means everyone else is or will be (much as she is rubbing her nose) I would seriously doubt the quality and effectiveness of that crap. And they have no morals what so ever. Bet this nonexistence other child is damn glad to not have them in her life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Funny that she is going on about this awesome has sanitizer and she is currently sick... which means everyone else is or will be (much as she is rubbing her nose) I would seriously doubt the quality and effectiveness of that crap. And they have no morals what so ever. Bet this nonexistence other child is damn glad to not have them in her life.
It’s a pity he doesn’t get to know her. She is an honour roll student and quite a pretty girl. His loss.

Reactions: 12
I dunno..she did take him to Cabo w her. She could have just as easily taken Summer or someone else. And the. She sang his praises to the heavens on her makeup site. Could be a front,but I do believe she is no,ding on for dear life and will say/do anything to keep him.
They have been sleeping in shifts from before they moved? A stays up late and deals with Ab in the night, then P gets up and gives Ab some rocking time on the couch until some one else gets up to give P time for a shower.

Reactions: 5
Was lurking on their vlog site. It’s like a proverbial zoo at feeding time! P just keeps giving them meat and they can’t wait to devour it. And lawdy,let anyone post a non adoration comment and they attack like the wild things they are!( Her/fans).
So,now it’s a half pump w the sanitizer? Last week,it was about a pea sized amount. Thing is,not even close to being an effective amount.
Most of the crazed groupies have no clue about anything and when they do speak,they are so ignorant.

And have said it time and again. If they are calling the site “Fathering Autism” is that all they see of Abbie? He hates labels,yet his own vlog discounts her as a person by referring to her as just her handicap. He could have called it Abbies Journey/ dealing w autism,or even our journey w Abbie who is autistic. Yeah,may be petty/trivial,but is how I see it.

They have failed in helping Abbie to reach more milestones. Each attempt by Brandi to bring Abbie a little along,gets talked over by Moobman. They all claim P works these 80 hour weeks,no issue( doubt it though) so how about Moobman stepping up and taking the reins Instead of just vlogging.

Sorry,the excuse that Abbie needs a break after a long day at school is just that.
What she needs is the follow through of her parents at home. It’s not the job of Summer,Isiah,etc to do those things( of course they can help at times). It is their job!
If Brandi thinks that Abbie needs this or that,do it. It’s what she has gone to school for,has been taught and has been doing for a bit...

I don’t know if Brandi writes reports for supervisors or what,but I do hope she is being straight w them. Letting them know where Abbies progress is and how the Weebles seem not to take recommendations to seriously. Someone needs to step up and say enough is enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not at all. A hug,holding her hand,a high five,all good and ways to show affection. The heavy duty things such as wrestling need to stop. She can not distinguish between right or wrong per se,so when they wrestle w her,she may think it’s okay to do so w strangers,etc. A very dangerous game. Or,when she ages,and her strength develops,she may attempt this behavior and seriously hurt her parents,Summer, Becca,etc. Think of a typical child who gets caught up w the rough housing w a parent. After a bit,parent says no more. The young child is now so wound up( wife warned him) and won’t quit. Parent now upset,child doesn’t understand why,now it’s done. Imagine Abbie who can’t absorb any of that at all!

And,I will word this carefully here. Isiah is a young man. Between 12- even now,HIS hormones are raging as well. He can’t stop his body from reacting to situations either. He knows she is is sister,but when caught up in a frenzy from the one on one physical contact,his body may not.

Same can be said about Summer/he. While Moobman and wifey constantly state she is like a sister to Isiah,thing is,Isiah KNOWS she is not and may through the years had deeper feelings than just sister/brother,and not understood it.
You're right, I agree. I guess, I was initially reacting to ppl having such a strong negative response to it and it seemed a bit disproportionate to what was going on. I definitely agree that the wrestling should stop, for both reasons you mentioned. Abbie has difficulty with knowing that it's okay to do something some times and not other times. Even now when they're trying to teach her that she has to go upstairs to yell (Yes, they've just started on it so, it's not going to be great just yet) but she still yells when they go out. I don't believe she has that much understanding about when she can yell and when she can't. She just knows that when they're at home, if she starts yelling they'll tell her to go to her room. I don't think she really understands it beyond that. I was surprised in one of the more recent videos where Summer & Isaiah take Abbie through the drive-thru at chick fil a and have taught her (or tried to teach her) 'the quiet game' so that they can order without her hollering in the background. Like I've said before,A&P have let her do the yelling stim so freely for so long, I really have little hope that they're going to be able to do much to stop it.

Was lurking on their vlog site. It’s like a proverbial zoo at feeding time! P just keeps giving them meat and they can’t wait to devour it. And lawdy,let anyone post a non adoration comment and they attack like the wild things they are!( Her/fans).
So,now it’s a half pump w the sanitizer? Last week,it was about a pea sized amount. Thing is,not even close to being an effective amount.
Most of the crazed groupies have no clue about anything and when they do speak,they are so ignorant.

And have said it time and again. If they are calling the site “Fathering Autism” is that all they see of Abbie? He hates labels,yet his own vlog discounts her as a person by referring to her as just her handicap. He could have called it Abbies Journey/ dealing w autism,or even our journey w Abbie who is autistic. Yeah,may be petty/trivial,but is how I see it.

They have failed in helping Abbie to reach more milestones. Each attempt by Brandi to bring Abbie a little along,gets talked over by Moobman. They all claim P works these 80 hour weeks,no issue( doubt it though) so how about Moobman stepping up and taking the reins Instead of just vlogging.

Sorry,the excuse that Abbie needs a break after a long day at school is just that.
What she needs is the follow through of her parents at home. It’s not the job of Summer,Isiah,etc to do those things( of course they can help at times). It is their job!
If Brandi thinks that Abbie needs this or that,do it. It’s what she has gone to school for,has been taught and has been doing for a bit...

I don’t know if Brandi writes reports for supervisors or what,but I do hope she is being straight w them. Letting them know where Abbies progress is and how the Weebles seem not to take recommendations to seriously. Someone needs to step up and say enough is enough.
In a past video, Asa said that the reason he puts things like 'autistic girl' in the title is for the youtube algorithm so that more ppl will find the videos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He seems more concerned with growing the channel and getting more viewers/subscribers and thus $$$. He'll say it's for awareness/education but his and P's true colors have been coming through lately and it's obvious they're in this for popularity, recognition, and $$$.

The only time I agree with Abbie needing a break from school is that I don't think her ABA sessions with Brandy should be taking place right when she gets home. She DOES need time to decompress and unwind from the day. So, maybe have Brandy come over an hour after Abbie gets home or something like that. It should be similar when it's just A&P, let Abbie have an hour after she gets home to decompress.. then work with her on something. Key words being WORK WITH HER. Meaning spend one on one time with her and actually engage with her!

With Brandy, someone else mentioned that maybe the real reason she only comes once a week now is because Abbie is not progressing and learning as she should and A&P are not putting in any work either so it was the company that Brandy works for that decided to cut back on the number of therapy days. I would agree with that way more than Ass-hat saying that Abbie is doing 'so well' now that she doesn't need as much therapy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
yeah, Abbie's regression is definitely about A&P failing to follow through the way they should. yes, she deserves time to relax after school when she gets home. but she needs more engagement after that, more things to keep her physically and mentally active. and the thing that really bothers me is that I get that it can be exhausting, for both them and Abbie, to have to work at these things all the time. but it is literally their job now. they work "80 hours a week" supposedly to provide content about this very topic. they closed their business to focus on this one thing. their house and lifestyle is paid for by supposedly spreading "autism awareness" and being a resource for other families. and it is simply not happening. they are in a great position to actually do what they supposedly set out to do, but none of it is happening. we rarely see them working with Abbie except for things that are too little too late - trying to control where she yells, for example - and they claim it's because she's made so much progress. anyone can see that is not true when comparing to their older videos.

this forum has become a better resource for advocacy and awareness than their videos have and I'm grateful for the people who post here who are actual resources.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.