Fathering Autism #83 A tiki bar and “all the things” A maassive hammock held up by string

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes folks lie so much, they start to believe their own lies. I believe that’s what P&A are doing. They know damn well that she will never have a job that requires a job coach. Unless it’s putting erasers on pencils or stringing beads. I’m so sorry that sounds harsh, but after watching since 2017-2018, I don’t see anything to the contrary.

I always feel so sorry for Abbie. She really has no voice. I can’t imagine what that would be like.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Sometimes folks lie so much, they start to believe their own lies. I believe that’s what P&A are doing. They know damn well that she will never have a job that requires a job coach. Unless it’s putting erasers on pencils or stringing beads. I’m so sorry that sounds harsh, but after watching since 2017-2018, I don’t see anything to the contrary.

I always feel so sorry for Abbie. She really has no voice. I can’t imagine what that would be like.
I feel sorry for Abbie because she has to put up with her parents who hold her back consistently. Abbie should be getting the appropriate therapies and enjoying the things she can do and living her best life. Oh God I'm even talking like them! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel sorry for Abbie because she has to put up with her parents who hold her back consistently. Abbie should be getting the appropriate therapies and enjoying the things she can do and living her best life. Oh God I'm even talking like them! 😂
I cringe when I hear "living their best lives" .. how do A&P know Abbie is living her best life? Because they said so?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I apologise it just bothered me a lot as Abbie cant defend herself.
It's all good. No problem. Thank you for the apology. 🙂

I dont see why they keep pushing the normal child thing. She cant speak nor can she follow tasts without major help or instruction. Even then its hard. Why make it worse for her to be confused in the workforce? They need to just see that disability will be the best for her.
Exactly. What they should be pushing are their own a$$es in helping her try to accomplish independent daily personal hygiene and toilet use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
There are so many things I see Abbie do that Indicate she is capable of more than they seem to allow her to do. For example, she knows where bowls go for example, and putting school things away. The jenga thing was interesting as she tried to direct her father’s hand What you never see is an adult sitting and working with her on anything more than the most nominal things. And certainly not a sustained effort at communicating with her Perhaps they do that at her school. She must lead the most boring life. As others have pointed put, even her toys are inaccessible. Those would provide her some stimulus and help keep her brain engaged learning. Poor kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I cringe when I hear "living their best lives" .. how do A&P know Abbie is living her best life? Because they said so?
I wonder if that's not an expression they picked up from Kaitlin. She uses it a lot when talking about Kaidale. Or, maybe she picked up on it from them. 🙄

Reactions: 11

Same stuff different day, Priscilla was actually cooking breakfast on her stove top. I really should have took a picture of it but I really didn't care.
I don't know why she cooked her bacon on the stove top it's much easier in the oven but you know she's stupid.
Screenshot_20210415-180726_YouTube.jpg

Abby's cousins set the table. Priscilla brought back the garbage can centerpiece with some fake flowers and the breadboard. I think the unnecessary place settings are on the side.
After the breakfast they went to the park Abby was bitching about going to her favorite swing yada yada yada they go for a walk I fast forward bored out of my mind.
Crystal helps Priscilla cook dinner because she wants to pretend like she cooks everyday because companies there. After dinner Abby's keeps on complaining that she wants Dunkin. A&P pretend like they don't go there every single day 24 hours a day. Yada yada yada
A viewer brought them a gift. BEST PART OF THE VIDEO!!!!!
Screenshot_20210415-181722_YouTube.jpg

You stick little pieces into slots and a little thingy comes out, it actually scares Summer. Abby's not even paying attention, who's surprised about this.
Screenshot_20210415-181809_YouTube.jpg

The piece jumps up, summer almost loses her tit, I'm laughing at her on this side of the screen. And yet Abby doesn't care. That made me laugh even harder.
Screenshot_20210415-181850_YouTube.jpg

Summer says oh you're scared even though she was the one who was scared. And then Abby started freaking out because she wanted to play again.
The last scene you see the fearless father saying that Abby's not scared of the game anymore, she was never scared. And of course he put the game on his Amazon account even though he didn't pay for it. Got to get that money somehow.
I don't care how Abby's name is spelled so I'm just doing talk to text. And I have no intention of fixing it.
I give this video a 7 out of 10. Because the game made me laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
There are so many things I see Abbie do that Indicate she is capable of more than they seem to allow her to do. For example, she knows where bowls go for example, and putting school things away. The jenga thing was interesting as she tried to direct her father’s hand What you never see is an adult sitting and working with her on anything more than the most nominal things. And certainly not a sustained effort at communicating with her Perhaps they do that at her school. She must lead the most boring life. As others have pointed put, even her toys are inaccessible. Those would provide her some stimulus and help keep her brain engaged learning. Poor kid.
True. This is why I am wondering if the rocking is actually a real stim or if we are seeing the results of emotional neglect. I know this is a big word to throw around and I can't know for sure without seeing scans of her brain (there are easily detectable signs if you know what you are looking for), but my theory is that the rocking is a coping mechanism, even though it may or may not have started as a stim.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Didn’t Ass say that they were putting all Abigail’s toys (puzzles, peg toys) into the closet that sets near the sofa in the family room? So that she would have access to them and they wouldn’t have to set on the kitchen island? Then why is there a treadmill sitting in front of the closet doors, prohibiting Abbie from getting any of her toys out? Ever since that vlog, we haven’t seen her with her toys. It’s insanity how they don’t give her toys to play with. I know we’ve mentioned it on here, but where are the walking tiles that were sponsored in one vlog? She walked on them, for stimulation, and haven’t seen them since. Or Christmas toys, or the Easter toy that played a song, etc. etc. How can she get her toys if the treadmill is parked in the way!! They could park the treadmill out by the tiki hut!
Maybe they're afraid of...or, experienced Abbie having access to things in the closet and she pulled things out on her own making a mess spilling or throwing things around.
They either got tired of cleaning up the messes themselves....or, are too lazy to make Abbie do it because they would have to stand there with her making sure she put all the things back in the right order and places in the closet. So they're using the treadmill as a barricade.
Just my random thoughts....

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe they're afraid of...or, experienced Abbie having access to things in the closet and she pulled things out on her own making a mess spilling or throwing things around.
They either got tired of cleaning up the messes themselves....or, are too lazy to make Abbie do it because they would have to stand there with her making sure she put all the things back in the right order and places in the closet. So they're using the treadmill as a barricade.
Just my random thoughts....
The way I see it, if she can make a mess she can clean it up. Cuz I'll tell you this, disabled or not, she's going to clean it up if she was mine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My theory is the Selfie World props are in that closet, so the treadmill blocks Abbie from destroying their $$.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
They would rather she sit rocking on the sofa while hugging a blanket or cushion. Their lack of consistency yet again!!!
Completely! It's about what is most convenient and what requires the least amount of effort for A&P. I think even when Abbie pulls on one of their hands (usually Asshat) to come sit on the couch w. her, I think she wants them to actually engage with her and do something. Not just sit there and make dumb comments like "So, I'm the chosen one, huh?"
Granted, sometimes Asshat will start tickling her and I guess that's a step above the dumb comments. Maybe watch her favorite videos with her or get one of her many toys out and play with her. I still remember the time that Asshat had those water beads and was playing with them with Abbie one on one. Abbie was so happy about that!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
My theory is the Selfie World props are in that closet, so the treadmill blocks Abbie from destroying their $$.
I never gave that a thought ! But, you're right. No sign of the props or boxes so yeah, they could be hiding them in there.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I want to know what is up with Summer and her vagina? It's either camel toed or she's touching it. Does she need a doctor? Does she need to feed the kitty? Inquiring minds what to know!
Screenshot_20210415-175532~4.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Just imagine the (literal) existential crisis that's gonna go down when reality comes crashing in on them.

I honestly have to wonder if any of the professionals involved here have ever been honest with them about the reality of things like job coaches and independent living. I'd like to think that they at least have a subconscious clue as to what's coming, that therapists or a doctor or someone along the way has told them what Abbie's needs actually will be in adulthood, and that they're just so deep in denial (or desperate for ongoing content) that they pretend she'll be able to work some day.
I think they are not only desperate for ongoing content but also desperately avoiding the truth. The longer they deny it and feed into this fantasy of Abbie being independent someday, the worse it will be when they have no other choice but to accept reality. Hell, they already partake in "adult beverages" on a regular basis now, I think it's at least partly a coping mechanism for them. I can see that getting a lot worse.

I'm sure that the professionals in Abbie's life have tried to tell A&P what is most likely going to happen with Abbie. I don't know that any of them would have put it in a blunt way. From a professional standpoint, there's only so far you can go. There are boundaries. Also, I think it's very likely that A&P, mainly Asshat, just decide that everyone else is wrong. No matter how trained or educated they are. Asshat believes he always knows best, especially when it comes to Abbie. A&P just ignore the things they don't like and put their fingers in their ears like "la la la - I can't hear you!''

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.