Fathering Autism #75 Fie, fih, foh, fum, FA’s vlogs are so humdrum.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those who actually thought that she was playing Connect 4, she actually wasn't. The way it was edited, and the way Priscilla and ASA were acting you would think that she would have the comprehension to understand that she needs four in a row.
View attachment 450580
She merely tried to put the checkers into every box. It was basically another "table task". She did look like she enjoyed it. It's only because it's new to her, but just like every "table task" it will get repetitious and boring eventually to her. I don't blame her.
View attachment 450591
View attachment 450592
Assa tried to put the shape table task in front of her for the millionth time, Abbie had no part of it, and pulled the connect four in front of her because she is completely bored of the sorting table task. These are not games, these are just merely props but they are "table tasks" again. When she was done filling up the connect four she tried to use her iPad, Assa pulled it away because she was going to request food as a reward, you know edible reinforcements. She's not playing games for fun she's performing like an animal at a circus.
I wonder how many "table tasks", toys, games we can spread out on the counter so you can see all the things we do with Abbie everyday! 🤥 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
New thread suggestion
A and P are running scared for Josh’s vlog they weren’t prepared

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am almost positive that JSA has the kids do connect 4. I don't think it was a new concept for Ab.

When they went to that petting zoo farm thing both Abby and Kaidale knew exactly what to do with the giant pieces. At least as far as filling the slots.

Which they SHOULD be reinforcing activities at home. Ass acts like Abby is going to get bored which is total BS. Not even talking about her mental ability to be bored or not... but Repetitive tasks are actually a good thing. It stimulates the brain and can help with processing. And if sensory processing is a issue its even a bigger bonus... think of it like fidget toys.

But it doesn't make good content... and also doesn't sell their false narratives. Which is really just another disservice to Abby. She is not allowed to be who she is. The do not meet her where she is. That is the only way any true growth happens for any person. Not trained to perform for treats.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
New thread suggestion
A and P are running scared for Josh’s vlog they weren’t prepared
The mods will not allow the name of a smaller creator who might be using a bigger account to gain subs in titles. It happened a few threads ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder if the center had a Covid diagnosis. Or if someone had contact.
Just a thought...what if someone contacted the school or a staffer picked up on how lacking the Maass' and Kaitlin are about Covid 19 precautions sometimes .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
New thread
A & p are running scared for the tell all vlog they weren’t prepared
Amended to take out Josh’s name so if you voted would you please vote on this one xx

• Heart
Reactions: 30
THREAD SUGGESTION
Tables Tasks and Playing Games, Assa's ugly it's just a shame.

Hey pink, you see this? 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
I am almost positive that JSA has the kids do connect 4. I don't think it was a new concept for Ab.

When they went to that petting zoo farm thing both Abby and Kaidale knew exactly what to do with the giant pieces. At least as far as filling the slots.

Which they SHOULD be reinforcing activities at home. Ass acts like Abby is going to get bored which is total BS. Not even talking about her mental ability to be bored or not... but Repetitive tasks are actually a good thing. It stimulates the brain and can help with processing. And if sensory processing is a issue its even a bigger bonus... think of it like fidget toys.

But it doesn't make good content... and also doesn't sell their false narratives. Which is really just another disservice to Abby. She is not allowed to be who she is. The do not meet her where she is. That is the only way any true growth happens for any person. Not trained to perform for treats.
I'm going to disagree with you about the bored part. I do believe that she can get bored of doing stuff repetitively. I was warehoused as a kid, and had to do coloring during school, not really learning anything. I got bored, I can't even color to this day for entertainment. She merely can't tell them that she's bored of doing the same activity repetitively. But she did pull the connect four in front of her because she didn't want to do the same table task over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For those who actually thought that she was playing Connect 4, she actually wasn't. The way it was edited, and the way Priscilla and ASA were acting you would think that she would have the comprehension to understand that she needs four in a row.
View attachment 450580
She merely tried to put the checkers into every box. It was basically another "table task". She did look like she enjoyed it. It's only because it's new to her, but just like every "table task" it will get repetitious and boring eventually to her. I don't blame her.
View attachment 450591
View attachment 450592
Assa tried to put the shape table task in front of her for the millionth time, Abbie had no part of it, and pulled the connect four in front of her because she is completely bored of the sorting table task. These are not games, these are just merely props but they are "table tasks" again. When she was done filling up the connect four she tried to use her iPad, Assa pulled it away because she was going to request food as a reward, you know edible reinforcements. She's not playing games for fun she's performing like an animal at a circus.
Asa...is that true? You pulled the iPad away because you knew Abbie was going to ask for a food reward? What happened to saying "No, not now!" Were you afraid Abbie would have pitched a fit and have a melt down or become aggressive and ruin your vlog?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I'm going to disagree with you about the bored part. I do believe that she can get bored of doing stuff repetitively. I was warehoused as a kid, and had to do coloring during school, not really learning anything. I got bored, I can't even color to this day for entertainment. She merely can't tell them that she's bored of doing the same activity repetitively. But she did pull the connect four in front of her because she didn't want to do the same table task over again.
Never said she couldn't get bored. I actually said I wasn't speaking on whether or not she could get bored. So yeah...

And the fact she likely does connect 4 task at school would make that More common and familiar not less.

And reinforcing things is extremely important... which Abby needs and does not receive

Ass used it (her boredom) as an excuse to not work on the things the school told him to. Because HE didn't want to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Asa...is that true? You pulled the iPad away because you knew Abbie was going to ask for a food reward? What happened to saying "No, not now!" Were you afraid Abbie would have pitched a fit and have a melt down or become aggressive and ruin your vlog?
He doesn't want the leg HUMPERS to be aware that Abbie is most likely playing or doing anything because she wants a reward .. which they have certainly promised her.. its messing with the "narrative ".. that Abbie is playing for the enjoyment and fun.. and not solely for a reward.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

interesting read, especially at the end of the Mission Statement. Residential program in the Future. Think they fail at parent part.

Mission Statement
Jacksonville School for Autism (JSA) has one overarching priority: to provide an exceptional education to our exceptional students. With an “outside of the desk” approach to learning, everything JSA does is centered on taking students from across the spectrum through all spectrums of learning, including primary, secondary, academic-social and vocational programs – with an eye on our future-state plans for a lifespan model: JSA ACRES (Autism Center for Residential and Educational Services). Not just a place for learning, JSA works very closely with our families to create an environment where relationships grow and lives are changed.

What Sets Us Apart
We follow an Integrative Model, using parent-teacher partnerships to enhance the educational experience of our students. Our unique model was developed through the shared experiences of parents and autism professionals. It centers on the belief that investing in your child’s education at JSA has positive impacts on your child’s success, while also furthering our mission to create a successful environment. For parents who are willing to commit the required time, talent and financial resources to their child’s education and school fundraising, JSA can be the right fit.

Reactions: 11
Another day, another sales pitch. Of course she is using her "funnel" asking about horoscopes. Too bad most are not wanting to do more than that.
Screenshot_20210222-150035_Facebook.jpg

interesting read, especially at the end of the Mission Statement. Residential program in the Future. Think they fail at parent part.

Mission Statement
Jacksonville School for Autism (JSA) has one overarching priority: to provide an exceptional education to our exceptional students. With an “outside of the desk” approach to learning, everything JSA does is centered on taking students from across the spectrum through all spectrums of learning, including primary, secondary, academic-social and vocational programs – with an eye on our future-state plans for a lifespan model: JSA ACRES (Autism Center for Residential and Educational Services). Not just a place for learning, JSA works very closely with our families to create an environment where relationships grow and lives are changed.

What Sets Us Apart
We follow an Integrative Model, using parent-teacher partnerships to enhance the educational experience of our students. Our unique model was developed through the shared experiences of parents and autism professionals. It centers on the belief that investing in your child’s education at JSA has positive impacts on your child’s success, while also furthering our mission to create a successful environment. For parents who are willing to commit the required time, talent and financial resources to their child’s education and school fundraising, JSA can be the right fit.
The bold italics is what struck me. 😳

• Sick
  • Sad

Mission Statement

What Sets Us Apart
The problem with JSA is that they don't hold the parents accountable. It is a part of schooling that most schools struggle with in public education because they just cannot do. Charter schools can hold some accountability to parents but at the end of the day, it still is up to the school and student. Private schools really have it made, if they can financially take the hit on not having the enrollment, which means that they have a mile waitlist usually. JSA doesn't have that. JSA depends on every single enrollment, especially right now due to Covid, to keep their doors open. So, telling a parent "sorry, we see that you are not engaging your child when they go home in the afternoons.. We send home assignments for you'll to work on together and it is ignored.. We see that Abbie has not been asking to go to the bathroom, are you'll reinforcing her needing to go to the bathroom and/or signing and taking her every hour or so, so she isn't using her diaper.. etc." Then hold them to accountability markers and if they see no future progression, discharging her from programs and then possibly the school.
This actually happens where I live because we only have 2 Autism schools within 100 miles. They aren't as cheap as JSA either, after scholarships and grants, then you are looking at the brand new SUV price tag, still left to pay each year. Most parents just cannot afford to send their child and the ones that do, about kill to get their child in the door and there is a waitlist, on both schools..
But, I can guarantee, JSA definitely makes sure the parents are financially kicking in!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh my gosh I forgot about this. Asa put Abbie's arms inside a straight PVC pipe to keep her from gagging herself! at about 9:00 mark.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.