Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t help but laugh.
Ass asked Ab If she wanted Dunkin multiple times and she said NO! Took her to Dunkin anyway and she tantrums and they missed out hahaha

NO MEANS NO! Don’t try and convince her just so you can feed your own face. Don’t give her options if you ain’t gonna listen.
Well said. He wanted dunkin so bad and when he didn’t get the answer he wanted, he went anyway. I noticed that they have been trying to get back to basics the last couple of days. It is so obvious he is watching this forum.
They have had very little , if any, interactive vlogs with Abbie for a while and suddenly after we have mentioned this, he is back with vlogs with a small amount of interaction .
The thing that gets me with this lot is the silly dancing for tik tok and the lack of true autism awareness which he says he wants to promote. He and her are so self absorbed they have forgotten where they started and need to stop shadow blocking people who don’t agree with what they are doing. He can’t take criticism of any kind and airbrushes out things that don’t suit .
We are watching you and we won’t go away. The clock is tik toking. Lol

The skin on her face looks like crepe paper when the light hits it just right.
She disgusts me.
No redeeming qualities.
Ugly inside and out.
IMO
Absolutely spot on .

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Something I’ve noticed for a long time that annoyingly bugs me!...when a is talking to the camera he always looks straight at p and then everything he says she then responds with “right”. Seems so false. Why can’t he just look at the camera or just focus on something else!

Reactions: 4
Honestly, I am not sure about the final goal of these message boards. Many people say Ab is so mentally advanced that she can acknowledge that she is being filmed and that this film will be put on the internet. Therefore she can consent or deny to her father filming her (therefore she should not be filmed when she doesn't want a camera near her). However others state Ab has the mental function of roughly a 12-18 month old. What 12-18 month old would know/care about the internet? Also the people who say that Ab is at the level of a 12-18 month old think that Ab won't progress much further than 2-3 years mentally. A 2-3 year old would also not know/care about the internet. Also I think it's important to acknowledge that A doesn't film every moment of the day and it's possible that his second child's mama did want to raise her child alone. Many 'single' mothers are perfectly happy raising their child alone. I totally agree that they have gone off course since buying the new house though.
Also Ab does have a sign for 'stop' or 'no', she can sign 'all done' or shake her head 'no'. She often demonstrates her understanding for 'all done' beyond what was taught to her by telling others that they are 'all done' being in her corner of the couch.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Omg the beginning of the new blog was really hard to watch.. that poor girl. Asa asked her three times if she wanted to go to DD.. she clearly said "no" each time. She was getting frustrated that he was ignoring her communication and no wonder she went on to have a breakdown once they got to DD!
They then had the cheek to say "how strange, that never usually happens" wtf dudes

Reactions: 15
Hey Assa and Pissy! Let Isaiah have a relationship with his only(unless Assa is hiding others) neurotypical sibling. You money hungry, selfish poops!
Isaiah is 18. An adult. He does not need the permission of the hambeasts to reach out to her.
He won't do it.
The money hungry has rubbed off on him.

Reactions: 3
Isaiah is 18. An adult. He does not need the permission of the hambeasts to reach out to her.
He won't do it.
The money hungry has rubbed off on him.
That's a bit harsh, my dad has an illegitimate son that he didn't raise. I find it extremely difficult to reach out to my half brother, scared he might hate my dad so much that he hates me too. Then at the same time, not wanting to stir tit up by telling him that I also hate my dad. It's a tricky situation. I recently did reach out to my brother with a heartfelt message and just got a brief message back.. not all siblings want to see each other. Parents really do mess you up and you have to deal with it in your own way. I imagine if Isaiah started talking to his 3rd sister it would cause such a drama! He's a good kid.. he may have crappy parents but he's still trying to keep them happy. Let's hope he moves away and rarely comes back to them!

Reactions: 3
Honestly, I am not sure about the final goal of these message boards. Many people say Ab is so mentally advanced that she can acknowledge that she is being filmed and that this film will be put on the internet. Therefore she can consent or deny to her father filming her (therefore she should not be filmed when she doesn't want a camera near her). However others state Ab has the mental function of roughly a 12-18 month old. What 12-18 month old would know/care about the internet? Also the people who say that Ab is at the level of a 12-18 month old think that Ab won't progress much further than 2-3 years mentally. A 2-3 year old would also not know/care about the internet. Also I think it's important to acknowledge that A doesn't film every moment of the day and it's possible that his second child's mama did want to raise her child alone. Many 'single' mothers are perfectly happy raising their child alone. I totally agree that they have gone off course since buying the new house though.
Also Ab does have a sign for 'stop' or 'no', she can sign 'all done' or shake her head 'no'. She often demonstrates her understanding for 'all done' beyond what was taught to her by telling others that they are 'all done' being in her corner of the couch.
Asa is that you? A 12-18 month old can not want a camera in their face 24/7. Just because they don't understand what happens after the camera doesn't mean they want it there.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just saw this on insta stories! It’s a tik tok grab and the voice over says... “my husband and I have decided we no longer want children...we’ll be telling them tonight at dinner.” Think that ship sailed a few years back!!

View attachment 89080
[/QUOTE 14 16 18 be truthful I know it's hard but you can do it

Looks like Assa had a partner in crime?

Pissy isn’t so innocent
What is a simple worthless check?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Walking contradictions- Last nites vlog/vid has them arriving at DD after Abbie states quite well she doesn’t want to do. Cue a meltdown. Arrive home,speak on it,especially about her signing she needed to use bathroom at DD,but was ignored as they thought it was her way of avoiding DD( their explanation).
Few moments later,speaking to what had happened,PityCilla states that maybe because they veered from routine(school to home) Abbie actually may have had to use bathroom as that is part of daily routine...argh!
By constantly speaking about Abbies communication,seems they really are NOT all that interested in what she has to “say”. After the second time of her making it known she did NOT want to go to DD,that should have been the end,travelled home,kept to her routine.
IMO,they forced the meltdown by ignoring what she wanted. I think any child would react somewhat the same way if they are “forced” to do something they explicitly stated they didn’t want to do!

• Heart
The goal is to come together (with many people who have plenty experience with children who are autistic) to bring awareness to the exploitation happening to Abby who they use as a cash cow and virtually ignore unless for their own benefit - mostly showing off what *good* parents they are all while their daughter begs to be taken seriously and whose actions scream for routine and attention. Asa and Priscilla could benefit greatly from much of the info being talked about on this forum.

I have to say it's quite funny watching the vlogs now, seeing how the content and their attitudes change toward Abby. They're really scrambling to make themselves look better, meanwhile they're unbelievably unaware of the fact that Abby STILLLL needs the most simple and priceless things of all - their focus and attention. She wants them to engage with her. Doesn't every child want their parents to care about them in that way?!

She is smarter than her parents give her credit for. I knew this all along because of my own experience with children and adults who have autism but you all have opened my eyes to that on an entirely new level.

I have worked as an independent provider through Dodd for 7 years so I've had plenty of one on one time with people with autism and IDD. Some of the most important things you can do for someone in that position is pay attention to what they're trying to tell you - make sure they feel SEEN and HEARD, and listen to what they tell you they do and do not want to do!! It really isn't complicated. I have noticed Abby getting frustrated with being ignored while trying to communicate since I found their channel in 2018. It feels good to at least know other people notice and care too. My heart goes out to Abigail. I know she can communicate and comprehend far deeper than she's given credit for, and by those closest to her... Such a shame.

I hope this forum can genuinely change Asa and Priscilla for the better because Abby has needs that are clearly not being met, and the answer is extremely simple.

Also, there is no reason to fly her out to CA. Let the poor girl stay home where she would so rather be!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Anyone else think they interpret Abbie for their own selfish reasons?
Yup, you've definitely hit the nail on the head there. I'm autistic myself and I feel that I can read her way better than her parents can-they honestly don't have a clue half the time. For example, when she yells, it's because she's angry, stressed or overwhelmed. Perhaps the camera being in her face and her parents talking about her as though she's not there is triggering it the most. Why aren't they offering her stim toys or music or asking if she wants to go somewhere quieter when she does this?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Walking contradictions- Last nites vlog/vid has them arriving at DD after Abbie states quite well she doesn’t want to do. Cue a meltdown. Arrive home,speak on it,especially about her signing she needed to use bathroom at DD,but was ignored as they thought it was her way of avoiding DD( their explanation).
Few moments later,speaking to what had happened,PityCilla states that maybe because they veered from routine(school to home) Abbie actually may have had to use bathroom as that is part of daily routine...argh!
By constantly speaking about Abbies communication,seems they really are NOT all that interested in what she has to “say”. After the second time of her making it known she did NOT want to go to DD,that should have been the end,travelled home,kept to her routine.
IMO,they forced the meltdown by ignoring what she wanted. I think any child would react somewhat the same way if they are “forced” to do something they explicitly stated they didn’t want to do!

The incessant discussing of her meltdowns when she's right there, right after it just happened... come ON Asa!!!! You're just asking for more negative behavior.

I want to say that it perplexed me when they were so happy that she went to the bathroom alone. They didn't give her the tools to be more independent before now?! She has surely long been capable of that because of her ability to understand. They should be letting her do more things on her own without prompting, and I'm pretty sure Brandy even said that back in what, 2018?! I never hear them asking her what she should do next. Just "do this, do that" - let Abby show you she's more capable of remembering the routine for things (like getting a spoon for her yogurt or using the restroom on her own) than you think she is!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yup, you've definitely hit the nail on the head there. I'm autistic myself and I feel that I can read her way better than her parents can-they honestly don't have a clue half the time. For example, when she yells, it's because she's angry, stressed or overwhelmed. Perhaps the camera being in her face and her parents talking about her as though she's not there is triggering it the most. Why aren't they offering her stim toys or music or asking if she wants to go somewhere quieter when she does this?
A did offer after a bit to turn on the music for her. I questioned earlier about why not put the camera down and give her one on one attention for a bit! Even PityCilla commented that some of the yelling was a need for attention. Sure,she may get fidgety,but sit w her,maybe read her a book,play w a puzzle,etc.
As to last nights vid,many,many people were able to understand what Abbie was communicating quite well. She “said” NO,at the least 3 times. Was very clear to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have said many times I feel her melt downs are usually due to them not listening to her. Just like when you potty train a toddler, they may ask to go very often, but you have to take them. It's how they learn. They need to take or send Abbie to the bathroom every time she signs bathroom, no matter what!

They need to stop asking her questions, then not listen when she answers. I swear they treat her like a pet, not a human.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If you are going to do something regardless of input make it a statement “we are going to dunkins.” Don’t ask and then ignore. Lots of parents have this problem.

I don’t know. I feel like Summer gets a bad rap on here. Yes, she’s studying to do this professionally, but she’s not always going to be 100% professional in the way she reacts with this family because she’s known them since she’s a child. That practically ARE family at this point. When she first met Ab she was just a kid volunteering. She was just her friend, and I think that’s carried over into her adult years. I think she really loves Abbie and the family in general, and it makes me sad thinking about her being guarded and self conscious about how she acts around them. She’s a good person.
She is a good natured girl but very annoying. I really think she has some sort of a mental disorder of some kind though.

Reactions: 11
Something I’ve noticed for a long time that annoyingly bugs me!...when a is talking to the camera he always looks straight at p and then everything he says she then responds with “right”. Seems so false. Why can’t he just look at the camera or just focus on something else!
He's intimidating her. His way of controlling what she's going to say or NOT say.

• Heart
She is a good natured girl but very annoying. I really think she has some sort of a mental disorder of some kind though.
I wouldn’t go so far as saying she has a mental disorder,but I do think her maturity level is very low. Maybe it’s because she does surround herself mainly w this family.
I know that she was attending school elsewhere and decided to go back to FL. staying w the Maas’ in exchange for hands on experience as a respite worker/continue school.
If one takes a look at Becca when she is around,she seems to have a higher level of maturity,and a much more different interaction w the family/Abbie.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.