Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can relate to struggling to love someone who is not affectionate or able to reciprocate and in general is not easy to be around. I care deeply about making sure my brother is okay and has what he needs. That said, he is a hard person to love. I spent my childhood getting punched by him and cleaning up after him and never being able to have anyone over. Now he doesn't ever say thank you or that he cares. I get lists of demands that are wants and angry texts when I tell him no. He still lashes out from time to time physically So no, I don't have a lot of warm fuzzy feelings for him. I have empathy and concern and I do my best to understand.
I'm sorry you've had to go through that and I thank you for sharing your experience. I think we're all trying to do the best we can with the circumstances we have. Obviously, I don't know what goes on in Pricilla's mind. I'm pretty sure she has similar experiences and feelings that you do. I guess I just feel a bit differently because P is Abbie's mother which is a different dynamic than being a sibling to someone with autism or other special needs. I understand that she has struggles and difficulties when it comes to Abbie but, as a parent, you kinda have to put that aside (to a degree). As lovesis said, NT kids often do things that drive their parents nuts and make them want to withdraw and avoid them, but again, as a parent it's your responsibility to deal with your child, to raise them, nurture them, and part of that is loving them through the bad things or annoying things. Not dumping it all on your spouse to deal with while you are glued to your phone or focused on your NT child.

Reactions: 14
I'm sorry you've had to go through that and I thank you for sharing your experience. I think we're all trying to do the best we can with the circumstances we have. Obviously, I don't know what goes on in Pricilla's mind. I'm pretty sure she has similar experiences and feelings that you do. I guess I just feel a bit differently because P is Abbie's mother which is a different dynamic than being a sibling to someone with autism or other special needs. I understand that she has struggles and difficulties when it comes to Abbie but, as a parent, you kinda have to put that aside (to a degree). As lovesis said, NT kids often do things that drive their parents nuts and make them want to withdraw and avoid them, but again, as a parent it's your responsibility to deal with your child, to raise them, nurture them, and part of that is loving them through the bad things or annoying things. Not dumping it all on your spouse to deal with while you are glued to your phone or focused on your NT child.
It's hard for me as an autistic person to hear things such as "unlovable". Granted, I'm in a VERY different situation from Abbie. I have no intellectual disabilities and can live entirely independently (though I do still have certain struggles ofc). It's still a bit jarring to hear things like that, especially given my upbringing as an un-diagnosed autistic child.

I think anyone considering being a parent should prepare themselves for the chance that their child may be born with a disability. I appreciate not everyone thinks this way, and it will still be a shock.

It's a difficult circumstance. I think P does love Abbie, in her own way. Though, she is emotionally cold. It would be interesting to see how she was with Isaiah when he was a young kid to compare, but that's not something we can really see.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry if answered. 😆See, it’s dangerous to be on YT. He was talking about the puppy!!! The puppy is more active in the car! I had to think about what he said too. Omg life is hard enough. I’m so busy getting garage sale stuff ready that I cannot imagine having to talk to a camera & out to hundreds of thousands for money. You would think i’m flipping hilarious though. 💁🏻‍♀️

edit: i played that part back & that is a funny error on his part... also, so let’s say he did get the dog on 2/14...it needed to be at the vet for daily IV antibiotics for several days in a row this week...he explained it yesterday, how the dog was just going in for daily treatment...the 1st trip back to the vet was maybe just a fluid push, because maybe the dog already had her antibiotics for the day, then the next trip, they shaved her paw & did the IV antibiotic route because she wasn’t getting better fast enough....that’s my guess! my dog came home w/ the heplock/IV left in & tape over so they didn’t have to re-poke him....but w/ a puppy & the cone, maybe it was best to just re-insert each day ...

Thanks I thought it was Abby he was talking about no wonder Isaiah looked confused too I don't think he caught on right away either. 🤣 Especially with Abby's behaviors because shes "frustrated" as Assa says.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mother use to say to me when I did things that really pushed her over the edge "I have to love you since you're my daughter but that doesn't mean I have to like you". I had a great relationship with my mother and took care of her the last 10 years of her life so I know she loved me, liking me may have been a different story😏

Reactions: 9
My mother use to say to me when I did things that really pushed her over the edge "I have to love you since you're my daughter but that doesn't mean I have to like you". I had a great relationship with my mother and took care of her the last 10 years of her life so I know she loved me, liking me may have been a different story😏
I have always told my kids and even my husband this!!! I will ALWAYS love you but there may be times that I don't like you or your actions..

Reactions: 7
I have always told my kids and even my husband this!!! I will ALWAYS love you but there may be times that I don't like you or your actions..
I tell my kids all the time "I love you, but that doesn't mean I like your actions." quite a bit.

Reactions: 11
Seriously??? (directed at the idea of divorce/not at you, who replied) This is exactly what Asa was talking about how some embellish stories. Their rabid fans will probably run w/ these hypotheticals. Be careful what you dream up.

(directed at the soap opera posts)

Abbie isn’t abused.

It’s not a big deal for an American to state “dad/mom” when quickly responding to the son/daughter, especially when they are very close.

Asa doesn’t have a thing for Summer. Gross!

It’s not sad the 2nd child w/ another woman isn’t around. Respect her mother’s wishes!

It’s okay to snack around Abbie & tell her no more when she’s had her usual double portions possibly sized for a large man.

Brandi has control of the situation. No need to read into anything.

Stick to the plot. When will YT demonetize family vloggers, especially those w/ special needs & they can’t give a concrete answer on if they want to be filmed/exploited.

Someone said Summer must be getting paid to have moved in. No one clarified this. To newbies who missed this....

Yes, she is. She’s their PA. I believe Becca gets most if not all of the respite $ now.
Thank you. I was just up to this post and was feeling...aggravated...or something.
This post was much needed.
Ok...back to reading, gotta catch up.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I noticed the vibe/shift in here & commented over a week ago, annoyed w/ all the fleeting & new screen names. Why some do that, no clue. They think more screen names, means more against them? Quality, not quantity. The weirdest part is how some will reply to themselves here, as if to excitedly validate themself. 🤣
Well I am new, and actually found this site because of the boo-hoo video and wanted to see what Asa was talking about. I'm sure if it brought me here, it has brought other newbies as well. But why would anyone create multiple accounts here? Thats odd.

As far as the 2nd kid, my issue is this: They have branded themselves as a family channel, with Asa as father and hubby of the year...tirelessly taking care of and providing for his family. I was a HUGE fan from day one, have been watching from the very beginning. Last summer, when the "house hunting" and trip taking began I started to doubt. When the child was revealed I realized we've all been scammed from jump.

Mr. Family Man ghosted a pregnant Cilla, left her and Isaiah, had another kid, faced some criminal charges, found out about the kid and left NC, put everything in Cillas name to avoid being responsible, etc etc etc. Thats probably why they had their own shop to begin with. Makes sense. If he had a real job the payments are based on earnings, provided and verified by the employer. Shop was in Cilla's name...hence no employment found for Asa resulting in the bare minimum required. And now the YT riches...also Cilla. This is the issue. They presented themselves one way, and the reality is much much different

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The thing is they can't rely on Abbie and YT much longer. She's not that cute little girl anymore. She's getting big and more aggressive, shut down and hard to handle. Who tf wants to see a big ass woman throwing tantrums, yelling, running around in diapers and shitting on boats? This sounds awful but there are other cute kids out there with awful parents who can't wait to exploit them on YT. Their fans will eventually move on. And then what?
Subscribers are not "following" much right now. I believe the only video that has reached over 300 thousand views in the last year is the boohoo video. They might reach half a million but not even half of them are actually watching...

They're making more money out of sales and amazon links and other stuff like that. I guess that is why TikTok is so important, not sure if they get money from that app?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

.....there are more comments they are giving it to her, funny thing is she’s a top fan.

• Haha
  • Wow
Well I am new, and actually found this site because of the boo-hoo video and wanted to see what Asa was talking about. I'm sure if it brought me here, it has brought other newbies as well. But why would anyone create multiple accounts here? Thats odd.

As far as the 2nd kid, my issue is this: They have branded themselves as a family channel, with Asa as father and hubby of the year...tirelessly taking care of and providing for his family. I was a HUGE fan from day one, have been watching from the very beginning. Last summer, when the "house hunting" and trip taking began I started to doubt. When the child was revealed I realized we've all been scammed from jump.

Mr. Family Man ghosted a pregnant Cilla, left her and Isaiah, had another kid, faced some criminal charges, found out about the kid and left NC, put everything in Cillas name to avoid being responsible, etc etc etc. Thats probably why they had their own shop to begin with. Makes sense. If he had a real job the payments are based on earnings, provided and verified by the employer. Shop was in Cilla's name...hence no employment found for Asa resulting in the bare minimum required. And now the YT riches...also Cilla. This is the issue. They presented themselves one way, and the reality is much much different
Yep, they are total frauds.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's hard for me as an autistic person to hear things such as "unlovable". Granted, I'm in a VERY different situation from Abbie. I have no intellectual disabilities and can live entirely independently (though I do still have certain struggles ofc). It's still a bit jarring to hear things like that, especially given my upbringing as an un-diagnosed autistic child.

I think anyone considering being a parent should prepare themselves for the chance that their child may be born with a disability. I appreciate not everyone thinks this way, and it will still be a shock.

It's a difficult circumstance. I think P does love Abbie, in her own way. Though, she is emotionally cold. It would be interesting to see how she was with Isaiah when he was a young kid to compare, but that's not something we can really see.
I'm sorry if my post made you feel bad. :( It was not my intention to hurt anyone. I do know there are autistic people who post here and provide very valuable insight, which I appreciate a great deal. I didn't say Abbie was "unlovable"; I said she was hard to love. I think the thing is she just seems so unreachable. Who knows what she is thinking or feeling? Her IDD+autism makes her seem very far away to me. As for you, you are clearly highly intelligent. Even I, an internet stranger, can connect with you in some way. But with Abbie, she just seems so very locked inside her own mind that it must be very hard to bond with her on any level.

It seems like there’s a lot of FA supporters on here. Many are talking about Pricilla’s feelings. She is almost as guilty as he is. What’s up with this. They are using her

Reactions: 8
It seems like there’s a lot of FA supporters on here. Many are talking about Pricilla’s feelings. She is almost as guilty as he is. What’s up with this. They are using her
Are we supposed to be assholes 100% of the time? We can criticize their exploitation of Abbie while acknowledging their humanity occasionally, you know.

• Heart
I haven't seen anyone say she's innocent, but she's allowed to feel. Even A is allowed to feel, he's a huge ass(at minimum) but allowed to feel. That's just part of life.

Watching latest video.

My God Asa, stop interrupting people! he does that constantly!!! he did it to Brandi and Pricsilla within the first few minutes of the video. He edits it...so that just shows he doesn't even see that he does that. What is wrong with that man? (skip ahead a few videos and we see Asa purposely being quiet and actively listening to people)

Oh Summer...I want to like her, I really do but...it's getting harder and harder.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I haven't seen anyone say she's innocent, but she's allowed to feel. Even A is allowed to feel, he's a huge ass(at minimum) but allowed to feel. That's just part of life.
I’m just going to set back and watch this go down . I realize they have feeling, but you guys act like you’re part of their family. Take your blinders off.

Reactions: 2
I've started watching the newest vlog (x2 speed so i can actually get through it) and i noticed something. Really small thing, but someone on here posted about Abbie not having any blankets in the car to put over her head anymore and what appears in this vlog when they go pick Abbie up from school? a blanket! it could be a coincidence, or someone wasnt 100% truthful about not looking at these sites anymore.

Reactions: 15
I don't know which message boards you've been reading but the blinders ARE off, here. Just because we aren't focusing on the negatives 100% of the time doesn't make us undercover fans or delusional. Just like it doesn't do any good to have nothing but positive comments on their vids, it doesn't do any good to have nothing but negative comments here. Part of making informed decisions is seeing both sides of things. As it was said, we can disagree with most of what they do and not like them as people, but still be able to recognize and acknowledge their humanity. That's not kissing their asses or being blind. You seem to be misunderstanding things.

Watching latest video.

My God Asa, stop interrupting people! he does that constantly!!! he did it to Brandi and Pricsilla within the first few minutes of the video. He edits it...so that just shows he doesn't even see that he does that. What is wrong with that man? (skip ahead a few videos and we see Asa purposely being quiet and actively listening to people)

Oh Summer...I want to like her, I really do but...it's getting harder and harder.
As with most chronic interrupters, he thinks what he has to say is more important, that the other person is most likely going to say the wrong thing or not phrase things the 'right' way, he wants the attention to remain on him and for it to seem like he's the one coming up with things or making progress/breakthroughs. Asa is SUPER self-centered and controlling. He wants things done his way at all times.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't know which message boards you've been reading but the blinders ARE off, here. Just because we aren't focusing on the negatives 100% of the time doesn't make us undercover fans or delusional. Just like it doesn't do any good to have nothing but positive comments on their vids, it doesn't do any good to have nothing but negative comments here. Part of making informed decisions is seeing both sides of things. As it was said, we can disagree with most of what they do and not like them as people, but still be able to recognize and acknowledge their humanity. That's not kissing their asses or being blind. You seem to be misunderstanding things.
Yes, they are good people. Just messing with all you FA people...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.