Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry, too. My family is so messy and would have been if my brother had been NT. As it is, he was not. He isn't the reason my parents were the way they were. And he is stuck with me as a sister, too.

I'm sorry if my post made you feel bad. :( It was not my intention to hurt anyone. I do know there are autistic people who post here and provide very valuable insight, which I appreciate a great deal. I didn't say Abbie was "unlovable"; I said she was hard to love. I think the thing is she just seems so unreachable. Who knows what she is thinking or feeling? Her IDD+autism makes her seem very far away to me. As for you, you are clearly highly intelligent. Even I, an internet stranger, can connect with you in some way. But with Abbie, she just seems so very locked inside her own mind that it must be very hard to bond with her on any level.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've started watching the newest vlog (x2 speed so i can actually get through it) and i noticed something. Really small thing, but someone on here posted about Abbie not having any blankets in the car to put over her head anymore and what appears in this vlog when they go pick Abbie up from school? a blanket! it could be a coincidence, or someone wasnt 100% truthful about not looking at these sites anymore.
the last few vlogs seem to directly answer or address a variety of things that have been brought up here (sensory toys or lack thereof, blanket in the car, where’s Brandi, etc).

Hi, Asa. I feel for your family. I recognize the flinching they do whenever you get snarky or frustrated and they are close by. I don’t pretend to know your life- but I do know that almost nothing you’ve produced in the last year, at least, has done anything to raise awareness about Autism. Why don’t you address Abbie’s other diagnoses, as well? Don’t you think that might help others understand? Most of your audience, past and present, wants to do just that.

I think it’s time for a channel name change. It’s really always been The Asa Show.

Reactions: 6
I'm sorry if my post made you feel bad. :( It was not my intention to hurt anyone. I do know there are autistic people who post here and provide very valuable insight, which I appreciate a great deal. I didn't say Abbie was "unlovable"; I said she was hard to love. I think the thing is she just seems so unreachable. Who knows what she is thinking or feeling? Her IDD+autism makes her seem very far away to me. As for you, you are clearly highly intelligent. Even I, an internet stranger, can connect with you in some way. But with Abbie, she just seems so very locked inside her own mind that it must be very hard to bond with her on any level.
I think that's a good way to put it. There is only so far that they can connect with Abbie and for the most part it really is a lot of surface level stuff. Is she hungry? Does she need to go to the bathroom? Does she want music? etc... but nothing deeper than that. There have been a few videos where Abbie was upset or in a bad mood but they have no idea why. So, they go through a lot of trial and error to help get her in a better mood. Not only is that frustrating for A&P, but I would imagine it's very hard on Abbie as well. They need to put more options on her communication device so that maybe she can have more options to describe what she's feeling other than bath, golf cart, or nature valley bars.

Reactions: 8
I’m just going to set back and watch this go down . I realize they have feeling, but you guys act like you’re part of their family. Take your blinders off.
I'm not part of their family. I am part of a family that is sadly similar. It is possible to have compassion with someone and also not like how they live and behave at the same time.

Reactions: 7
I feel bad for Abbie I could not love my kid for how she is my son is my world I love him even on his bad days I love him I think they need to do more to stop eating out so much like to night I seen them post we get ice cream and dd for everyone they can’t make coffee at home I feel like they never care what Abbie what’s too do like I side they need to do more with her go for walks like they talk about but never do give Abbie something to do she can help around the house I’ve seen her do it and now she can

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
As with most chronic interrupters, he thinks what he has to say is more important, that the other person is most likely going to say the wrong thing or not phrase things the 'right' way, he wants the attention to remain on him and for it to seem like he's the one coming up with things or making progress/breakthroughs. Asa is SUPER self-centered and controlling. He wants things done his way at all times.
I love that term "chronic interrupters". I have been married to one for 30 years.

Watching latest video.

My God Asa, stop interrupting people! he does that constantly!!! he did it to Brandi and Pricsilla within the first few minutes of the video. He edits it...so that just shows he doesn't even see that he does that. What is wrong with that man? (skip ahead a few videos and we see Asa purposely being quiet and actively listening to people)

Oh Summer...I want to like her, I really do but...it's getting harder and harder.
I was annoyed when P interrupted the conversation Brandi was trying to have with Abbie on the couch with A looming in the kitchen filming. Then A had to speak over P, I wanted to strangle both of them! Just let Brandi do the job tax payers are paying her to do. She comes once a week for what, an hour? Just tell the provider the news upon arrival, then let them go on with the child while staying out of the way. I also don't buy the BS of "We just have chosen not to film when Brandi is here." Yet she's just trying to have a one on one chat with Abbie and both are hovering above like helicopters, A with his camera in hand.

Reactions: 12
It's hard for me as an autistic person to hear things such as "unlovable". Granted, I'm in a VERY different situation from Abbie. I have no intellectual disabilities and can live entirely independently (though I do still have certain struggles ofc). It's still a bit jarring to hear things like that, especially given my upbringing as an un-diagnosed autistic child.

I think anyone considering being a parent should prepare themselves for the chance that their child may be born with a disability. I appreciate not everyone thinks this way, and it will still be a shock.

It's a difficult circumstance. I think P does love Abbie, in her own way. Though, she is emotionally cold. It would be interesting to see how she was with Isaiah when he was a young kid to compare, but that's not something we can really see.
As you said, you're in a much different situation to Abbie. Yes, you're both on the autism spectrum but no where near the same place on that spectrum. You're very intelligent, you articulate yourself well and we're able to hold conversations with you and interact etc. That's not possible with someone like Abbie. It doesn't mean she's unlovable or doesn't deserve love, it's just a lot more challenging to connect and bond with her.

Reactions: 10
I think that's a good way to put it. There is only so far that they can connect with Abbie and for the most part it really is a lot of surface level stuff. Is she hungry? Does she need to go to the bathroom? Does she want music? etc... but nothing deeper than that. There have been a few videos where Abbie was upset or in a bad mood but they have no idea why. So, they go through a lot of trial and error to help get her in a better mood. Not only is that frustrating for A&P, but I would imagine it's very hard on Abbie as well. They need to put more options on her communication device so that maybe she can have more options to describe what she's feeling other than bath, golf cart, or nature valley bars.
yes. Yes. YEs. YES! When A has shown her communication device in the past I've noticed its so minimal and sad looking to me. I've seen other kids that are lower functioning than Abbie have more choices and know how to use them. Why can't there be one to just leave her alone? She's a human and sometimes we just want to be left alone and chill, without having a person or camera shoved in our face 24/7.

Reactions: 12
And I forgot to say I herd him say this may not last for ever and I might have to get a real j.o.b. To P so I think I might be coming to a end or he nows it not going to last long now that it’s been out there that he has a kid that ever talk about and he is not a nice guy from what I see I and they must have a house cleaner I now they do not do not cut there grass I herd them and as for the one every family I herd them say I hope to get a big as them to get a nice house like them

Reactions: 6
I’m just going to set back and watch this go down . I realize they have feeling, but you guys act like you’re part of their family. Take your blinders off.
I don't have to be an asshole or be part of someone's family to have humanity. I can sympathies with P having gone through the feelings of finding out my child is not nerotypical/has autism. But unlike her I don't resent my child for that. They are exploiting Abbie, plain and simple, and for that I hate them. I've stated before I used to be a fan until just before the move last summer, when the vlog shifted from semi valuable tips for a parent with a child with autism, to the tit show it is now. Then once they moved to the new house it was "Oh look at this trip, look at this Target shopping haul, Oh look at our wonderful perfect house." If I wanted to watch that crap I'd tune into the Lumps (Daily Bumps) and get the same sugar coated crap without a screaming teenager in the background.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I definitely have no experience with IDD so can't say for sure how I would be. It's all cool.

I feel like FA started out with good intentions but I still fully believe they were terrible people then, just in different ways.
There is barely any autism info in the videos, all we see Abbie doing is sitting on the sofa, eating out or going on vacations. It's always the same, someone holding her bag, someone stopping her grabbing food. Honestly, their vlogs are full of fluff and fillers. The exploitation is chronic. What is the purpose of their vlogs? Because it's not helping people.

As for feeling empathy for terrible people. I occasionally do because I can identify with some of the things in Ps case. I've been in relationships where the other person was controlling, gaslighting etc. I can acknowledge that and still think P is garbage. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I just do not understand how anyone can think someone should get a pass for not acknowledging their own child. He may be the perfect autism dad to Abbie in your eyes because he has a YT channel. His channel was the first one I followed and really believed. I’ve watch every day for the past year. I’m really disappointed
I don't have to be an asshole or be part of someone's family to have humanity. I can sympathies with P having gone through the feelings of finding out my child is not nerotypical/has autism. But unlike her I don't resent my child for that. They are exploiting Abbie, plain and simple, and for that I hate them. I've stated before I used to be a fan until just before the move last summer, when the vlog shifted from semi valuable tips for a parent with a child with autism, to the tit show it is now. Then once they moved to the new house it was "Oh look at this trip, look at this Target shopping haul, Oh look at our wonderful perfect house." If I wanted to watch that crap I'd tune into the Lumps (Daily Bumps) and get the same sugar coated crap without a screaming teenager in

What *I* don't understand are people who troll for fun. Yeah, let me go pick a fight with people for no good reason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
Am new here but have been reading the posts concerning the Maas family. I wasn’t a faithful follower of their vlogs,blogs,posts etc but when it came up on my feed a while back I did follow semi often. I was at first impressed w the info they shared(have grandchildren,nephews,w autism). Thing is,as the weeks went by,things started to slowly change. It became more and more about product endorsements,including their own and of course attracting more sponsors. I also noticed a change in how they were interacting w not just Abby,but their son as well. P seems to be more interested in her business( which I had done some research on,think it’s more of a pyramid scheme),shopping trips,etc. The Dad seems so wrapped up in videotaping that I don’t know when he actually has the time to spend quality time w any of his family( vids,vlogs,editing,etc). Such a shame that a once informative page has become like so many others where the content has been forgotten due to the hustle to make one more dollar.

What *I* don't understand are people who troll for fun. Yeah, let me go pick a fight with people for no good reason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And clearly love to put words in other's mouths to fit their agenda! Tells other they are closet fans, yet attacking people twisting words to make them sound like closet fans.

I just do not understand how anyone can think someone should get a pass for not acknowledging their own child. He may be the perfect autism dad to Abbie in your eyes because he has a YT channel. His channel was the first one I followed and really believed. I’ve watch every day for the past year. I’m really disappointed
Please tell me where I said any of that? First you attack me for sympathizing with P, now I'm saying he's a perfect parent?

Reactions: 2
And clearly love to put words in other's mouths to fit their agenda! Tells other they are closet fans, yet attacking people twisting words to make them sound like closet fans.
I get suspicious of people that encourage in-fighting/disagreements. Always suspect a hidden agenda.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.