Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couple of FA fan replies in FB about the "chores" video:

"Each video I watch I notice her autism less and less her teenage behaviours show more and more instead
So many things she does reminds me so much of teenagers I know
I laugh and think of a specific person like ah shes such a teenager"

"I love the way you treat her! Just because she has autism doesn’t mean she can’t do all the things a normal teenager would including chores!! She has come so far!! I love seeing her do chores and master even simple tasks"

This is brainwashing pure and simple, they SEE what A&P want them to see, even if it is not true and right before their eyes. Bizarre.

Reactions: 18
Got me thinking as well so did a little digging, Brandy has been working with Ab since approximately 2013/2012 according to P's review here, which says 3.5 in October 2016 so that would bring it up to around 7-8 years, so half Ab's life. Make of that what you will.
View attachment 88236
I am not going to bash Brandy. What I have noticed is no matter what she does try to teach Abbie,it goes by the wayside as her parents do NOT seem to follow up.
Maybe the dishwasher loading is not important,but it is something. Am sure her job is never made easy what with a camera constantly being on her,Asa continuously interrupting,etc.
Yesterdays vlog was a perfect example of not wanting to follow through. Having Abby help around the house(I.e. putting her clothes on bed) Asa was quick to point out that it will not be an ongoing thing. Why not? Will it impede vlog time? Sure,it’s time consuming having to repeat,follow her to the chore,but that is the case w almost all young children( still do not know what age level Abby is at,but have sort of presumed maybe 4 or so). If for nothing else, it gets Abby up off of the couch.

Also wonder if it mandatory that Abby have ABA in order for her to stay at the school she is in.

Reactions: 12

What is the fans obsession with her being a “typical teenager”?

Isn’t this the opposite of awareness?

What is the fans obsession with her being a “typical teenager”?

Isn’t this the opposite of awareness?
LMAO their fans just want to say anything to keep A&P happy. How in the hell do you see less autism and more "typical teenager?" Are you dumb? If you see that then you're dumb. At this point, as most of us have seen and pointed out, Abbie is not generally an autistic, but more so profoundly IDD. I'm questioning if people know what the hell a damn typical teenager is. This is really getting out of hand. I really do hope that they have a forced re-evaluation for Abbie cause they obviously are living in complete denial.
To all their fans - Stop enabling this family and start keeping it real!

Abbie's behavior can better be described as her being stuck in the terrible two's than her being a teenager, i said what i said.
I recently took a developmental class from infant to early 20s. Basically infants and teens brains are very similar in the rapid growth, thus they seem to mimic each other. Just with teens they have better control of their bodies, to some degree.

I think I may be the only one saying this but I hate to see her with Brandy. Brandy doesn't help the situation with the ridiculous chores she has her doing. Making her sweep as a punishment, hoover, pack shopping away. Would you expect a baby to be doing this. I believe Abbie sits between twelve to 18 months max. Although all the mouthing sometimes makes me think it could be even younger. Look at all the milestones she has missed. Can she draw a circle, a straight line. Sit down and concentrate to learn, listen to a story, stop putting things in her mouth etc.....she hasn't met the milestones you expect of babies yet she is a "typical teenager". What a load of rubbish. You can't skip milestones.....it doesn't work like that. They should be working with her as though she was a baby and continuing on milestones. You can't make a baby an adult without them going through developmental steps. Abbie hasn't met her early milestones yet but they got her hoovering. They are demented.

What awareness does he give....none. I don't even think she has autism anymore. All little babies and I'd say up to the age of two show signs of autism but grow out of it. Babies hand flap, dislike noise, bright lights, have meltdowns, onnly care about their tummies being full etc. She doesn't have the mind of a small child she has the mind of a baby. I know she can do more than your average 1 year old but if you drill trained a one year old for 14 years so would they. In other words Abbie has been a baby for 14 years so can do a bit more than your average one year old but I honestly believe she developmentally sits there. I don't even think someone with that level of intellectual disability should even be doing ABA. It's pointless. She is a stressed out, misunderstood baby and until they except that she will never be happy.
The mouthing isn't necessarily just "infant" behavior. She has PICA, as they have stated before. Also a lot of sensory seekers need that oral input without the PICA. I've seen kids that you would have never known they were Autistic, unless told, have an oral fixation. It gets to a type of stim for them.

Back when they first started their channel, he did have more awareness and actual some semi good tips for sensory seekers/sensory play. Last year there was a shift when the $$$$$ started rolling in more and more. Once they move all that was thrown out the window. Even in the last house their living room had a small basket of sensory toys for Abbie. She seemed to enjoy that basket a lot, even if dumping it like a toddler and picking it up. There is not one in site now. They also used to have a huge cupboard of sensory items, IE slime, puddy, connetic sand, etc. They would quite often when she'd be on the couch just rocking bring her to the kitchen table and play around with her with it. But once again with the move that has disappeared. Although bringing all this up I'm sure A's next vlog will be P shopping for a new basket for her sensory toys in the living room.

Reactions: 8
I think i found it! It was a facebook comment.
View attachment 88102
I am glad to see it posted, but I was referring to an actual verbal statement in a VLOG. I sound like I need a tinfoil hat, but he said something to that effect while standing in the kitchen, and his tone was awful. He sounded angry. It isnt there now. And that means he took it out or I am nuts. I am not nuts. I dont Facebook, I never saw that. The only written comments I ever see are from the YT channel. From here on in, I am going to document weird stuff like this for my own piece of mind, because I think someone called him out and he removed it.

Reactions: 6
I am glad to see it posted, but I was referring to an actual verbal statement in a VLOG. I sound like I need a tinfoil hat, but he said something to that effect while standing in the kitchen, and his tone was awful. He sounded angry. It isnt there now. And that means he took it out or I am nuts. I am not nuts. I dont Facebook, I never saw that. The only written comments I ever see are from the YT channel. From here on in, I am going to document weird stuff like this for my own piece of mind, because I think someone called him out and he removed it.
I went back to that vlog( I w his friends ) and it looks like it has been edited towards the end since the original posting. I do believe I had also heard the statement as well,so as I said,went back and tried watching( for a few hours could not fast forward,but voila,late last night was able to do so) and some of the ending does seem to be gone.

Reactions: 4
Got me thinking as well so did a little digging, Brandy has been working with Ab since approximately 2013/2012 according to P's review here, which says 3.5 in October 2016 so that would bring it up to around 7-8 years, so half Ab's life. Make of that what you will.
View attachment 88236
OMG This revelation makes everything that much worse. 7 - 8 years and nothing has stuck? WTF. Oh but Abbie is "incredibly smart" "so teachable" "Learns quick" ... their words, not mine

Also wonder if it mandatory that Abby have ABA in order for her to stay at the school she is in.
It may be mandated if she's on a state Autism waver for Medicaid. I don't know personally know what rules FL has for their wavers, as each state is different. I know the previous state I was in and my child was on we had to have a minimum 4 hours a week ABA. I wasn't keen on how ABA worked so the agency we chose to carry out worked with us and did a "modified ABA" with my child.

Reactions: 3
Couple of FA fan replies in FB about the "chores" video:

"Each video I watch I notice her autism less and less her teenage behaviours show more and more instead
So many things she does reminds me so much of teenagers I know
I laugh and think of a specific person like ah shes such a teenager"

"I love the way you treat her! Just because she has autism doesn’t mean she can’t do all the things a normal teenager would including chores!! She has come so far!! I love seeing her do chores and master even simple tasks"

This is brainwashing pure and simple, they SEE what A&P want them to see, even if it is not true and right before their eyes. Bizarre.
It IS BIZARRE!! It’s like watching some weird magical show-now you see it, now you don’t. It’s like The Emperor’s New Clothes. He is a wizard at making people want to believe something so badly that they do! It would make for an interesting psych study.
EDIT: The followers attack & make anyone who calls out or questions the truth, feel like they are haters. After musing over it, I realize it is EXACTLY like The Emperors New Clothes, because anyone who disagreed and said the Emperor was naked, was ostracized! Am I making sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I wont Brandy bash. She can only work with the clients abilities, we have all seemed to agree are low. On top of the fact that she communicates so effectively with her. Abbie is a lot calmer with Brandy because she keeps her focused when communicating instead of 5 people jabbering at once, touching her, and "sweet girling" her. Even when Abbie has melted down with Brandy, Brandy gets the situation resolved calmly without having to restrain her,pick, her foot up, turn around, and all that crap A&P insist on.

A&P do not listen to Abbie. Or dont "hear" her. Recently A&P and Brandy took Abbie to a cookie shop. A&P were constantly talking. "What one sweet girl?" "This one?" "Chocolate?" Even the clerk said "I'm just going to step back so she isnt overwhelmed." After she had eaten her cookie, they were in the booth. Asa kept saying "Are your ready? Lets go." Abbie kept saying no. She was sitting quietly and looking around. Asa persists and stands and Abbie begins to vocalize. Brandy immediately said "Ok, we can stay and sit." Abbie immediately quieted down and continued to chill. Then of course Asa acts as if it was HIS observation that she wasnt ready to transition. My point is, I realize that Brandy is a professional, but it seems to me that Abbies time with her is really the only time she at least has the opportunity to try communicate her needs and be heard beyond someone simply tossing "snacks" at her to shut her up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
IF,A & P are watching these posts,here are just a few observations.
You have stated the pool heater needs to be fixed- fix it. Sure it may be an initial expense,( maybe $2500 or so),but the benefits outweigh the costs for Abbie,P,etc.
Maybe take all those monies spent on DD each day and put it into the pool repair.
Next- what gives w the nose (bop,bop)poking by I and now Summer on Abbie? Am sure if she could actually verbalize she would tell them to stop. It’s not cute nor is it constructive. If she develops this habit herself and does it to someone else that person is not going to be happy.

Asa,please stop interrupting everyone who speaks. It has become increasingly annoying. Sometimes silence speaks louder.

Last but not least,get back to what the channel was first put up for. It’s about the journey Abbie is on. And while you are her parents,it’s NOT about DD runs,the dogs,P’s business(she has her own channel for that),etc etc etc.

What once was a site to gain insight and possible ways to get help for those experiencing these issues w their own loved ones,has now become nothing more than those other reality shows that have become a dime a dozen( and yes,most of them also found out that w fame comes the scrutiny,and has ruined a good many of them/families.)

Reactions: 14
I went back to that vlog( I w his friends ) and it looks like it has been edited towards the end since the original posting. I do believe I had also heard the statement as well,so as I said,went back and tried watching( for a few hours could not fast forward,but voila,late last night was able to do so) and some of the ending does seem to be gone.
Thank you. Its been making me nuts because I do not want to be someone who appears to try to instigate something out of nothing.

As old as they are and living in Florida, they should know of all the dangers of ingesting salt water. No excuse on this incident for me. Sorry but they always want to push her to being normal. They know she doesn’t spit ... they also let her swallow toothpaste ... and pool water. Just completely irresponsible on their part.
I don't think it should have been mentioned on the vlog. It was for monetizing content.
Obviously giving Abbie some f'ing dignity isn't considered. Sad.

Two things. 1) did every parent give them consent to film their child when he filmed at the festival thing at the school? Highly doubt it. I wouldn’t want my child on someone else’s you tube. And 2) I noticed when the respite workers took her and the boy to dinner the first thing she did when she sat down was take her shoes off. It’s obviously a habit that she takes her shoes off in restaurants, as we’ve seen it before. For god sakes teach her not to or put shoes on her she can’t take off. It’s disgusting to be in a restaurant bare foot and she has her feet on the seat. Not a single person told her to put her shoes on.
Edited to add photo of Abby with her shoes off on the bench!
I ABSOLUTELY agree 1000%. It's gross period.

I am not going to bash Brandy. What I have noticed is no matter what she does try to teach Abbie,it goes by the wayside as her parents do NOT seem to follow up.
Maybe the dishwasher loading is not important,but it is something. Am sure her job is never made easy what with a camera constantly being on her,Asa continuously interrupting,etc.
Yesterdays vlog was a perfect example of not wanting to follow through. Having Abby help around the house(I.e. putting her clothes on bed) Asa was quick to point out that it will not be an ongoing thing. Why not? Will it impede vlog time? Sure,it’s time consuming having to repeat,follow her to the chore,but that is the case w almost all young children( still do not know what age level Abby is at,but have sort of presumed maybe 4 or so). If for nothing else, it gets Abby up off of the couch.

JSA is designed so that children up until the average age of 13 receive half-day classroom setting learning....it’s basically various types of therapy worked on in a group setting and the second half of the day is one to one ABA. After age 13 most students transfer into what’s called a Step program that works on teaching skills that would be beneficial for working in the community. ABA in-home/after school is not a requirement to attend.....it is highly recommended that the parents work on the techniques with their child consistently to see the student reach its full potential. However, I would say a large portion of students also receive in-home or clinical setting ABA after school....as a large percentage of the students are on the severe end of the spectrum behaviorally and their parents are willing to do whatever is recommended to offer their child a better quality of life. The schools founder is a mother of a young man with ASD that wanted to insure her son continued to receive services through adulthood, as his functional ability is that of a young child. I know that one of the schools goals is to open an assisted living facility on the campus specifically for adult students(there is no age limit on students, they accommodate for age 3 up through adults).
My nephew is on the spectrum and JSA is a school they have considered for him, however he currently is doing quite well in public school with minor accommodation. He has an above average IQ and with the help of outside therapy, is learning how to maneuver the world socially. Basically his school allows him to retreat to the nurses office when the noise is just too much or he gets overwhelmed emotionally.

Reactions: 5
I don't think it should have been mentioned on the vlog. It was for monetizing content.
Obviously giving Abbie some f'ing dignity isn't considered. Sad.

I ABSOLUTELY agree 1000%. It's gross period.
I'll play devils advocate on the shoes thing, I feel extremely uncomfortable with them on and sitting in a regular chair with my feet down is pretty practically torture, so when I'm at restaurants as long as it's not super fancy or whatever and it's doable, I take my shoes or boots off and sit cross-legged, otherwise I find I can't focus on anything but how uncomfortable I am, sometimes shaking my knees helps but there is no better cure than just being able to be cross-legged. Never been diagnosed with anything on the ASD spectrum, though ADHD has strongly been suspected by every human I have ever encountered in my nearly 35 years of life. Just some insight ;-) I also do laundry in my building in barefeet, but to my defence I am not the only one!

Reactions: 7
His First Ticket-Autistic Obsessive Behavior. In this episode P says Criminal Behaviour comes from the Maass side of the family. I spit out my coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
IF,A & P are watching these posts,here are just a few observations.
You have stated the pool heater needs to be fixed- fix it. Sure it may be an initial expense,( maybe $2500 or so),but the benefits outweigh the costs for Abbie,P,etc.
Maybe take all those monies spent on DD each day and put it into the pool repair.
Next- what gives w the nose (bop,bop)poking by I and now Summer on Abbie? Am sure if she could actually verbalize she would tell them to stop. It’s not cute nor is it constructive. If she develops this habit herself and does it to someone else that person is not going to be happy.

Asa,please stop interrupting everyone who speaks. It has become increasingly annoying. Sometimes silence speaks louder.

Last but not least,get back to what the channel was first put up for. It’s about the journey Abbie is on. And while you are her parents,it’s NOT about DD runs,the dogs,P’s business(she has her own channel for that),etc etc etc.

What once was a site to gain insight and possible ways to get help for those experiencing these issues w their own loved ones,has now become nothing more than those other reality shows that have become a dime a dozen( and yes,most of them also found out that w fame comes the scrutiny,and has ruined a good many of them/families.)
The nose boop is actually a Tik-Tok or viral video thing I believe, my kids started doing it to each other recently and I asked my oldest(18yo) where it came from......None of them watch FA and I had only seen it there prior. However mine basically use it occasionally as a way to show affection to each other, like when then oldest is heading out somewhere she will “boop” her 8 and 9 year old siblings. When I asked where it came from she said “the inter webs”....like thanks kid, can you be a bit more specific lol

ASSA, how could you be so cruel? You knew you had a child that you had abandoned that sat in-between Abbie and Isaiah and decided to seek fame on YouTube. Referring to her as your third chi!d is disgusting. She is your second! You have no idea how the child you abandoned lives. What their quality of life is like. If they know you are their father? Yet you decide to flaunt the family that she has never had the chance to know on YouTube. Have you ever considered how that will make her feel? Being abandoned by you was damaging enough and then you go and use her for views. When you did your pathetic woe is me, I'm not a crap dad video did you think how she may feel when she watches it because I'm sure she will. Shame on you ASSA. May you crawl down the deadbeat dad hole that you belong in.

I'm glad you decided to run a propaganda machine on your channel because you forced everyone here. That's the best thing you have done. How you going to censor us now.....oh yeah you can't!

Reactions: 14
I think I may be the only one saying this but I hate to see her with Brandy. Brandy doesn't help the situation with the ridiculous chores she has her doing. Making her sweep as a punishment, hoover, pack shopping away. Would you expect a baby to be doing this. I believe Abbie sits between twelve to 18 months max. Although all the mouthing sometimes makes me think it could be even younger. Look at all the milestones she has missed. Can she draw a circle, a straight line. Sit down and concentrate to learn, listen to a story, stop putting things in her mouth etc.....she hasn't met the milestones you expect of babies yet she is a "typical teenager". What a load of rubbish. You can't skip milestones.....it doesn't work like that. They should be working with her as though she was a baby and continuing on milestones. You can't make a baby an adult without them going through developmental steps. Abbie hasn't met her early milestones yet but they got her hoovering. They are demented.
Brandy is only doing what she thinks she’s supposed to do. It’s her job. Also if you watch older videos, Abbie was a bit more capable in her abilities .
Here is the puzzle video again. Brandy helped teach her this.

The only problem I have is that no one questions them or maybe they do but we just don’t see it. It actually seems like school is trying to communicate things to them but they don’t follow up.

Reactions: 9
JSA is designed so that children up until the average age of 13 receive half-day classroom setting learning....it’s basically various types of therapy worked on in a group setting and the second half of the day is one to one ABA. After age 13 most students transfer into what’s called a Step program that works on teaching skills that would be beneficial for working in the community. ABA in-home/after school is not a requirement to attend.....it is highly recommended that the parents work on the techniques with their child consistently to see the student reach its full potential. However, I would say a large portion of students also receive in-home or clinical setting ABA after school....as a large percentage of the students are on the severe end of the spectrum behaviorally and their parents are willing to do whatever is recommended to offer their child a better quality of life. The schools founder is a mother of a young man with ASD that wanted to insure her son continued to receive services through adulthood, as his functional ability is that of a young child. I know that one of the schools goals is to open an assisted living facility on the campus specifically for adult students(there is no age limit on students, they accommodate for age 3 up through adults).
My nephew is on the spectrum and JSA is a school they have considered for him, however he currently is doing quite well in public school with minor accommodation. He has an above average IQ and with the help of outside therapy, is learning how to maneuver the world socially. Basically his school allows him to retreat to the nurses office when the noise is just too much or he gets overwhelmed emotionally.
Thank You. I know IEP’s are used as a sort of progress report every few months or so,but do persons w Autism also need to be re-evaluated every so often to see if they still qualify for services/need more? I have never been a fond lover of IEP’s as that tool is also one to garner funding. Remove a child and they lose those monies for said child(works same way in mainstream schools as well).
My Grandson has had 2 “outside” reevaluations Over the course of yrs,and the results differed w his IEP findings. So much so that w the right at home therapies he left the school he was in(sort of like a JSA) and is now thriving in a mainstream school. And yes,I am fully aware that not all will have this result,but at the same time,if other services are needed I would think it would be beneficial for outside evals maybe every 3 yrs or so.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.