Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed about the decorating. She has some nice items, but there are too many of them and the pre-set table is is overkill. It reminds me of the old "Friends" episode when Rachel furnished her and Phoebes apartment entirely with items from Pottery Barn. LOL

Reactions: 8
So
Thank You. I know IEP’s are used as a sort of progress report every few months or so,but do persons w Autism also need to be re-evaluated every so often to see if they still qualify for services/need more? I have never been a fond lover of IEP’s as that tool is also one to garner funding. Remove a child and they lose those monies for said child(works same way in mainstream schools as well).
My Grandson has had 2 “outside” reevaluations Over the course of yrs,and the results differed w his IEP findings. So much so that w the right at home therapies he left the school he was in(sort of like a JSA) and is now thriving in a mainstream school. And yes,I am fully aware that not all will have this result,but at the same time,if other services are needed I would think it would be beneficial for outside evals maybe every 3 yrs or so.
Well with JSA it’s a bit different, they are a private school and most parents have a portion of the tuition payed via health insurance(basically because the students receive various therapies during the “school” day) and the other portion is either paid for out of pocket or they offer some grants as a form of financial aid. In the case of Abbie specifically, her parents had her in public school and apparently the school was not following her IEP.....they sued the school board and part of the agreement was that Duval County School District is now court ordered to pay for the portion not covered by insurance. The students do have IEP plans in place and every 90 days or so, they have a parent teacher meeting to go over what areas are seeing improvement vs what areas they may need to change because no improvement is being seen. Because it’s a private school, parents are not required to have updated evaluations done by medical professionals .....that said, sometimes public schools(at least here) don’t even accept a diagnosis/repeat eval done by medical professionals and have their own system of diagnosing/evaluation and the medical eval is only used as a recommendation for an educational eval. It’s quite redundant in my opinion, but I am not looking at it from a professional standpoint so I could be totally off base. Since JSA is a private school, they make their own policies and procedures and in my opinion it seems that they have made it simplified and much easier to navigate for the parents.
Another big issue is diagnosis and co-morbidity, the DSM keeps changing the stance on how to diagnose with co-morbidity. Not that long ago, Intellectual Disability could ONLY be a co-morbid diagnosis with Down Syndrome, Autism, etc.....an individual could not be given a diagnosis of only ID, it had to come secondary to something else. The most current DSM has ID as a primary diagnosis with nothing secondary OR co-morbid with other developmental disabilities. Unfortunately the research just isn’t far enough for professionals to agree on what is or isn’t strictly ID vs what is or isn’t strictly ASD. The current genetics research is showing that specific gene mutations seen in those with an ASD diagnosis and also seen in those with an ID diagnosis. Basically it’s still totally confusing to me and I know that each professional has his or her own thoughts and opinions on it and it’s those thoughts/opinions that can lead one to a ASD diagnosis while another professional evaluating the same person to say No it’s not ASD.

Reactions: 5
I guess they don’t have bags, purses or music in their cars. Lol
In yesterdays VLOG they crammed Maverick on the floor in the front of the cart, with Cilla driving and Asa in the passenger seat. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable that was for him. Its not roomy as is.

Reactions: 6
So today on my “watch” feed,seems many of the FA vids are being regurgitated.

I browsed one,thinking maybe I had missed it,(didn’t) and within 2 minutes was completely sickened( mainly why I have stopped watching)

after dropping Abbie at school( who had a really bad morning) they went to the post office to retriev their mail.

When they opened the rear door,it looked like the whole PO had exploded in there!

One of the many packages they received from a “fan” was a small portable picnic type table. Many more packages were still in the back,and am sure it took many trips to and from house to empty

My question has since that vid and a few before,is why do they actively accept gifts from their viewers? They don’t seem to be lacking in monies these days,and yet,they have never told their viewers Thanks but no thanks,send gifts to a charity of their choosing instead of them.

I get their fans ( btw,this seems to happen across the board w families who post their “lives”,then have a “mail” day vid to show all the loot) are enamored by what they see,but seriously,they take the word fan and really put the “atic” on the rest of word!

As I said,when the focus shifted from actual good info,links for help,etc. and crept steadily to monies,products,and yes,it seems greed,it is what finally drove me away.

Prove once and for all A&P that this isn’t NOT about what you can get,how many sponsors you can acquire,how many products you get to critique(then keep),and overall whoring(sorry,strong word,but how I see it) for the attention and perks,and about how to help those who don’t have vlogs,resources,etc get the help they need.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Okay I get it,it’s a “thing”. Lol.. My observation is the way they have started to do this to Abbie. She cannot voice if it annoys her,if she likes it,etc. “I”was doing it a while back,and I have to say,It annoyed the hell out of me. Had it been me,prob would have grabbed his hand /twisted it( you don’t touch unless permission given). Now I have noticed that Summer also finds it cute to do..arghh
Oh I fully agree.....just speculating but I’d bet they saw a Tik-Tok about it and started doing the “in” thing

And people send them long letters with their own stories...stacks of them...and I dont believe for a minute they actually read them. They always say they do, and will, but they arent. They did a "Mail Time"last week. They were opening Christmas cards and gifts, and had returned cards they had sent to their Patreon members as well. Christmas was TWO months ago. They used to go to the post office daily, and I am sure it was to see what "good stuff" came, like gift cards or cash. But now that the goose (Abbie) finally laid the golden egg they dont bother as often. And here all these people continue to write to them, and send them random key chains and coasters, and they could care less.

Reactions: 10
I am glad to see it posted, but I was referring to an actual verbal statement in a VLOG. I sound like I need a tinfoil hat, but he said something to that effect while standing in the kitchen, and his tone was awful. He sounded angry. It isnt there now. And that means he took it out or I am nuts. I am not nuts. I dont Facebook, I never saw that. The only written comments I ever see are from the YT channel. From here on in, I am going to document weird stuff like this for my own piece of mind, because I think someone called him out and he removed it.
How would he even know what she was interested in..my mother was 5 years older than my father and my grandmother was 8 years older than my grandfather, yup both cougars lol. Asa you really shouldn't assume, after all it just makes an ass out of u and ah u😂

Reactions: 6
I am waiting for some new Autism family to dethrone him. It seem to be "trendy" now to have an Autistic child and document it.

And on that note, Jen, from Rebranding Autism. She is the purest, sweetest soul. She went to Disney with them. But whats bothering me is the fact that Jen wanted to go as an equal to all the other vloggers...she vlogs too. But A&P want to surround themselves with NT parents with autistic kids who can be Abbies "friends". They clearly arent interested in hanging with Jen as an equal, and if you REALLY watch Asa's Disney vlog the focus is on the families and kids...Jen is in the periphery. He didnt want Jen to go...but one of Jens "things" is being included and having friends. She talks about it often. After asking Asa to go with them, he knew he had to include her or she may mention the exclusion on her own channel which would hurt his whole "acceptance" spiel. And since all of the autistic "friends" Abbie has are little kids, but already light years ahead...how will that play out when they are 14 and have progressed even further, and Abbie is 24 and still rocking and asking for snacks? Can you picture this exact group repeating this trip in 10 yrs? A&P were so annoying this time, comparing Abbie to the littles...Abbies lack of joy was blamed on being a teen. She was the well-behaved one, etc. No. She was hot, tired, and bored because she had no clue where they were or why they were there. The whole thing bugs me. :mad:

Sorry about some of the spacing. My space bar sticks. Ugh.
Jen is wonderful!

Reactions: 7
In a vlog sometime ago P scolded her mom for treating A like a baby but P and S are always right up in her face with the whole sweet girl nonsense and asking for a kiss. P and A are so hypocritical

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love Isaiah pictures there good ones he need to go into that after high school and keep doing Photographed for I think he could go some were with it

Was anyone else worried Abbie would try to eat the dog food when she was holding that open can??
Not really. I think she has seen this being done before as it
Jen is wonderful!
I hadn’t heard nor viewed Jens page until just now. I was aware of her from FA and did notice the basic ignoring of her from them.

I do think it may boil down to a couple of small things.

First,she is everything they wish( and it’s understandable) Abbie could be. It must grate on their very last nerve to see this young woman who is self sufficient,articulate,and knows the ins and outs of autism etc.

The next issue could have to do w her presence taking viewers to her page and not theirs to view the trip to Disney. A seems to be a very competitive person and would IMO not like to have 1 less viewer on his page that may tune into her.

Reactions: 8
I love Jen too she so nice I would love to meet her she sounds like a woman I used to work with long time ago I still keep in touch with

Reactions: 3
So today on my “watch” feed,seems many of the FA vids are being regurgitated.

I browsed one,thinking maybe I had missed it,(didn’t) and within 2 minutes was completely sickened( mainly why I have stopped watching)

after dropping Abbie at school( who had a really bad morning) they went to the post office to retriev their mail.

When they opened the rear door,it looked like the whole PO had exploded in there!

One of the many packages they received from a “fan” was a small portable picnic type table. Many more packages were still in the back,and am sure it took many trips to and from house to empty

My question has since that vid and a few before,is why do they actively accept gifts from their viewers? They don’t seem to be lacking in monies these days,and yet,they have never told their viewers Thanks but no thanks,send gifts to a charity of their choosing instead of them.

I get their fans ( btw,this seems to happen across the board w families who post their “lives”,then have a “mail” day vid to show all the loot) are enamored by what they see,but seriously,they take the word fan and really put the “atic” on the rest of word!

As I said,when the focus shifted from actual good info,links for help,etc. and crept steadily to monies,products,and yes,it seems greed,it is what finally drove me away.

Prove once and for all A&P that this isn’t NOT about what you can get,how many sponsors you can acquire,how many products you get to critique(then keep),and overall whoring(sorry,strong word,but how I see it) for the attention and perks,and about how to help those who don’t have vlogs,resources,etc get the help they need.
They used to do "mail time" but stopped because they said Abbie couldn't sit long enough to do it. They would focus on letters but have piles of packages. Many fans would send them packages full of candy, sensory play toys, clothes, etc. A few of the items would make it into vlogs after but typically I'm sure they just got rid of the stuff. I'm not sure what they did with it. I also agree with a previous poster where she said she doubts they read the letters. I'm sure they would just take the money, gift cards, and box tops out and toss the rest.

I have a YouTube and have had people send little gifts. Typically a little something they saw while shopping and though I would like it. I LOVE when I get letters and cards. While appreciated, on a level of what they are getting it's overwhelming. I use my PO BOX for my eBay store so I give that to people that ask to send gifts. I have a friend with a larger channel. She had opened a PO box for this reason. She closed it because the gifts got to much for her. A few people would send HUGE boxes full of stuff. She lives in a small apartment and has no where to store any of it.

I recently took a developmental class from infant to early 20s. Basically infants and teens brains are very similar in the rapid growth, thus they seem to mimic each other. Just with teens they have better control of their bodies, to some degree.

The mouthing isn't necessarily just "infant" behavior. She has PICA, as they have stated before. Also a lot of sensory seekers need that oral input without the PICA. I've seen kids that you would have never known they were Autistic, unless told, have an oral fixation. It gets to a type of stim for them.

Back when they first started their channel, he did have more awareness and actual some semi good tips for sensory seekers/sensory play. Last year there was a shift when the $$$$$ started rolling in more and more. Once they move all that was thrown out the window. Even in the last house their living room had a small basket of sensory toys for Abbie. She seemed to enjoy that basket a lot, even if dumping it like a toddler and picking it up. There is not one in site now. They also used to have a huge cupboard of sensory items, IE slime, puddy, connetic sand, etc. They would quite often when she'd be on the couch just rocking bring her to the kitchen table and play around with her with it. But once again with the move that has disappeared. Although bringing all this up I'm sure A's next vlog will be P shopping for a new basket for her sensory toys in the living room.
🐖cilla ain't gonna let her make a mess in that $565,000 house!!!
The house is why the baskets of toys disappeared.
You know cuz only poor people have toys sitting out in their living rooms in baskets.
Once you live large like they do, you go by different standards.
Make no mistake.
That house is 🐖's.
Her rules.
#1 rule is NO MESSES!
This is why Abbie has no toys or sensory stimulation.
IMO

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree. They suddenly felt like going to school and then doing ABA at home was too much, and that since she "progressed" so much they could afford to cut back. But they do not have her do anything now. She comes home, goes to the bathroom, eats, then sits on "her" couch.
It's so sad I fell bad for Abbie there no structure to her day/life she had not progressed much at all the poor girl just left to sit on a couch they say she doesn't like structure our routines relly it's well know with autism that they love that sort of thing I just don't think they can be bothered to set anything up for her unless it's on camera of course if Abbie was my daughter I would be looking at things she can do aleast try to find things that migth interested her give her the best possible start it's what she deserves

Reactions: 4
Not really. I think she has seen this being done before as it

I hadn’t heard nor viewed Jens page until just now. I was aware of her from FA and did notice the basic ignoring of her from them.

I do think it may boil down to a couple of small things.

First,she is everything they wish( and it’s understandable) Abbie could be. It must grate on their very last nerve to see this young woman who is self sufficient,articulate,and knows the ins and outs of autism etc.

The next issue could have to do w her presence taking viewers to her page and not theirs to view the trip to Disney. A seems to be a very competitive person and would IMO not like to have 1 less viewer on his page that may tune into her.
I just think they don't care for Jen, because they don't want to "deal" with her. Like when she got upset at the store and started crying. He clearly doesn't have an issue with the other channels just like his, NT parents with a child with Autism.

I love Jen too she so nice I would love to meet her she sounds like a woman I used to work with long time ago I still keep in touch with
I love her as well. I know in the Disney video they went to a meet up and she was overwhelmed and ran to the bathroom. She did eventually come out and said she had a great time once she did. She seems sweet and someone you could have a good conversation with. You would get REAL Autism awareness from her.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.