Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im confused timeline wise. P fell pregnant near enough straight away and Asa didn’t want to know. She had to contact his parents who then contacted him whilst he was on a boat in the coast guards.
She was 18 when pregnant and 19 when she had him and got married. (Forced I assume) Then when Isaiah was 1.5 Asa decided he didn’t want to know and walked out and got someone else pregnant. 9 months or so later ‘third child’ was born. Makes about anything from 27 months onwards (dependent when she was conceived) so there should be that age difference between them... but there isn’t? There is literally a 2 year difference between them.
Have I got all The timings wrong are are we being blinkered into believing what Asa wants us to?
I mean, this is nothing to do with us. It’s their private business. BUT they’ve released a Vlog on it and I’d like to think they wouldn’t have lied which would just cause more issues?

Reactions: 7
I'm dying that P put a "be kind" sign in Abs room. "its just kinda symbolizes what our family strives for everyday, is be kind to one another"... Yeah like all your snarky passive aggressive comments y'all write back to people who have different views/ opinions.

God they get on my last nerve. Don't consistently preach something then when it comes to them the "rules don't apply"
They thought they were being slick on that one, didn't they?

Im confused timeline wise. P fell pregnant near enough straight away and Asa didn’t want to know. She had to contact his parents who then contacted him whilst he was on a boat in the coast guards.
She was 18 when pregnant and 19 when she had him and got married. (Forced I assume) Then when Isaiah was 1.5 Asa decided he didn’t want to know and walked out and got someone else pregnant. 9 months or so later ‘third child’ was born. Makes about anything from 27 months onwards (dependent when she was conceived) so there should be that age difference between them... but there isn’t? There is literally a 2 year difference between them.
Have I got all The timings wrong are are we being blinkered into believing what Asa wants us to?
I mean, this is nothing to do with us. It’s their private business. BUT they’ve released a Vlog on it and I’d like to think they wouldn’t have lied which would just cause more issues?
That whole video they put out was a show and full of nothing but lies and deception.

Reactions: 13
But how would anyone truly know if it bothers her or not? I've seen mention of regression, so couldn't that maybe be an indicator? How would that be determined since Ab can't verbalize if she's uncomfortable with it? (Hi everyone... posting for the first time and so many of the posts here are spot on.)
If he had just started doing it and she had regressed then sure but from what they have said this is something that has always happened. Abbie can't talk but she can communicate, she is very capable of showing when she doesn't like something. Now whether they listen or not is not something i can say yes or no to but Abbie can let them know when she doesn't want something. My nephew is at around the same mental age as Abbie (no autism but IDD) and he is bathed by a lot of different people, he cares who does it but that has nothing to do with the gender of that person.

Just to clarify, don't think in this instance of Abbie the 14 year old but Abbie the girl who has the mental age of a toddler. Honestly i would be very surprised if Abbie was at an level where she would understand the differences between boys and girls and that is necessary for her to be uncomfortable with a man helping her bath because he is a man (she can dislike Ass for doing it for different reasons of course, just like my nephew just doesn't allow certain people to do it but that has nothing to do with gender).

Reactions: 8
If he had just started doing it and she had regressed then sure but from what they have said this is something that has always happened. Abbie can't talk but she can communicate, she is very capable of showing when she doesn't like something. Now whether they listen or not is not something i can say yes or no to but Abbie can let them know when she doesn't want something. My nephew is at around the same mental age as Abbie (no autism but IDD) and he is bathed by a lot of different people, he cares who does it but that has nothing to do with the gender of that person.

Just to clarify, don't think in this instance of Abbie the 14 year old but Abbie the girl who has the mental age of a toddler. Honestly i would be very surprised if Abbie was at an level where she would understand the differences between boys and girls and that is necessary for her to be uncomfortable with a man helping her bath because he is a man (she can dislike Ass for doing it for different reasons of course, just like my nephew just doesn't allow certain people to do it but that has nothing to do with gender).
Exactly about her mental age. A toddler wouldn't mind her father bathing her and it wouldn't seem inappropriate.
They confuse things with all this "teenage" stuff.

My only experience with autism is my brother and his mental age also does not match his biological age. He's like a know it all rebellious adolescent who wants to live on his own, have his stuff, do his own thing but then realizes that also means doing stuff that isn't fun like self care and cleaning and things that are scary like finances and feels overwhelmed. We don't expect him to be able to do it all by himself or ever be able to.

Reactions: 9
This is just my opinion on the bathing. I remember back when I was a fan of FA, they left Abbie with Isiah to go out one evening. When they returned Abbie was in her pajamas. At that time, I thought...not good to have her brother bathing or dressing her. Just not good. He was a young teen and Abbie was developing.

I see no problem with Abbie bathing or showering with her mother. I see no problem with Asa bathing/assisting her. I see no problem with Summer bathing/assisting her but should NOT be bathing or showering with her.

Reactions: 13
I think one of the biggest disservices they've ever done to Isaiah was make him be a caretaker... ever. That should have been a line they never crossed. He's a nice kid, so of course he'll always say he doesn't mind, but he should have never been put into that position ever. They gloss over the years they had him in the back of the shop watching her for hours at a time. Ever since they had the resources for respite, he should't have been asked to watch her. That whole family needs therapy, but especially him. He never got a full childhood, everything was focused on her. They give him the responsibilities of an adult but none of the respect.

Reactions: 19
This is back when I liked him. I still like the guy in this vlog. This guy could have addressed the third child issue and been real and likable.
I guess neurotypical daughters having absentee fathers is ok to him no easy $$$$ there🙄

Assa even draws stick figures in this video and speaks about bad parents oh my🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 he even says man up I'm dead

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This is just my opinion on the bathing. I remember back when I was a fan of FA, they left Abbie with Isiah to go out one evening. When they returned Abbie was in her pajamas. At that time, I thought...not good to have her brother bathing or dressing her. Just not good. He was a young teen and Abbie was developing.

I see no problem with Abbie bathing or showering with her mother. I see no problem with Asa bathing/assisting her. I see no problem with Summer bathing/assisting her but should NOT be bathing or showering with her.
Oh yeah for sure that i definitely agree on. showering or bathing with her is inappropriate, by then it's not care taking of her anymore. If Abbie wants it so badly heat up the damm pool so she can swim and have fun, bonus is that she can do exercise and PT. From what i have experienced it's not so much that they want to shower with you, they just enjoy the water (my nephew is a sea otter through and through).

Oh man. Pop the popcorn. A&P may need to make a new video in the same clothes now. If they think we've roasted them here, they've seen nothing yet.
I'd say aside from the occasional snark about their weight and poking fun at the dumb tit they do, we're pretty constructive here. Far from malicious. They're in for a world of hurt...

• Heart
Oh yeah for sure that i definitely agree on. showering or bathing with her is inappropriate, by then it's not care taking of her anymore. If Abbie wants it so badly heat up the damm pool so she can swim and have fun, bonus is that she can do exercise and PT. From what i have experienced it's not so much that they want to shower with you, they just enjoy the water (my nephew is a sea otter through and through).
I mentioned that before, heat up that pool and they all could get some daily exercise. But they would rather leave her rocking on the couch or dragging her to meet ups.

Reactions: 10
I think one of the biggest disservices they've ever done to Isaiah was make him be a caretaker... ever. That should have been a line they never crossed. He's a nice kid, so of course he'll always say he doesn't mind, but he should have never been put into that position ever. They gloss over the years they had him in the back of the shop watching her for hours at a time. Ever since they had the resources for respite, he should't have been asked to watch her. That whole family needs therapy, but especially him. He never got a full childhood, everything was focused on her. They give him the responsibilities of an adult but none of the respect.
Exactly, remember the house safety video? People commented how Isaiah would never be able to come home late or sneak out (basically be a teenager) because of all the security in the house. Assa said he could have that once he moves into his own house and i was like what? You treat this kid as if he is your personal babysitter, expect him to burden the responsibility of an adult but you don't allow him any freedom.

I'm not for teenagers running around getting into trouble or anything but i really see no problem with allowing them the freedom to do their own thing (especially at 18), it's part of growing up. I sincerely hope that he breaks free and finds the time to actually be a teenager when he is in college.

Reactions: 12
I mentioned that before, heat up that pool and they all could get some daily exercise. But they would rather leave her rocking on the couch or dragging her to meet ups.
I was going to mention how expensive it is to heat up the pool but... they bought a $40k golf cart and eat $100 in takeout every day so it really shouldn't be an issue.

A quick google says under $10k for a solar heating system.

Exactly, remember the house safety video? People commented how Isaiah would never be able to come home late or sneak out (basically be a teenager) because of all the security in the house. Assa said he could have that once he moves into his own house and i was like what? You treat this kid as if he is your personal babysitter, expect him to burden the responsibility of an adult but you don't allow him any freedom.

I'm not for teenagers running around getting into trouble or anything but i really see no problem with allowing them the freedom to do their own thing (especially at 18), it's part of growing up. I sincerely hope that he breaks free and finds the time to actually be a teenager when he is in college.
Exactly. You give a teenager the responsibility of caring for another human with medical needs but they can't be trusted to come and go?? Something is wrong with that situation.

Reactions: 11
That makes a lot of sense. I guess I think what's more important? Having this girl in hours of stress every day so that she can be instructed how to put dishes away movement by movement? Or finding some activities that she can use to self-soothe and relax every day? For most kids, it's important to teach them that they need to contribute to the house and have personal responsibility and that we all have to do things that aren't fun, but Abbie just isn't there and it doesn't seem like she ever will be. It's so much stress for no reason in my opinion. Her world seems so stressful and chaotic already, why force her to go through the motions of things that stress her out?

I know I'm getting caught up on the dishes and groceries, but it seems like they want her to do those activities bc they're age-appropriate chores for a neurotypical child, and that's the only reason. Just another way for them to try and will her into being a "typical teen" who hates putting away the dishes and groceries.
I agree.
And that "mother", as evidenced in the videos, is lazy af. So having dishes done and groceries put away would be 2 less things she would have to do.
IMO

I just can't get over that Asa knows he has a daughter out there.... and seemingly feels no obligation to her? Or cares about her? Or wants to know her? This is Abbie's and Isaiahs step sister.. they share the same blood? And his rabid fans defend him and still think he is "Father of the Year"?

Wonder what he was thinking making that video about absent fathers? How could he make that with a straight face?

Reactions: 21
Mornin'

Great posts this morning.

I agree mostly that Asa should have either fought to see his daughter, or at a minimum added her into the "set for life" deal and set some money aside for her. I don't get how anyone can know they have a child and not care to see a picture, know how they are. I cannot fathom it. He claims he didn't want to be married anymore so he left....he left his wife and young son. That's great parenting right there, eh?

There is a reason this other woman didn't want Asa to know about this child. When he found out, he could have done more to know about her. Bur his fans blame it on the mom? Wait...what?

He gets called the Best Father. His fans are morons.
Yeah they are and no one has Priscillas back, that must hurt. Even her dad signing the child support papers🤦‍♀️

Priscilla if you’re reading this, start engaging with Abbie more and I’ll feel sorry for you.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.