Fathering Autism #35 Tinkerhog: the worlds only two ton tiktok Cilla! Get your tickets!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asshate likes the slogan "Normal is overrated". .. yet they want to hide the fact she is special needs with her having long hair ? Hate to break it to them but there is no way to hide Abbie's special needs... unless of course It is a strategically taken still photo. The way she moves, holds her head, her mouth .. all give her away. Why is he ashamed of that?

If he wants to be ashamed he should be ashamed that she is 15 and they haven't potty trained her yet.
My Mom was always concerned that my brother be dressed nicely, so he wouldn't stand out.
There's no harm in wearing nice, clean clothes. But nothing he wears helps him blend in. He's almost seven feet tall and beyond that, he looks "diffferent." You can see it from far away.
It was one of the many forms of denial we had in my family. The other, the one I took part in for years, was that he would "catch up" and be able to live truly independently, work, etc. He did acquire some skills and did pretty well with some help. He's just not going to be like his peers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Hello. I've just joined because it seems like these threads could use the perspective of someone with lower functioning autism. I have a level 2 disability, and I've noticed that a lot of people in these threads don't understand the more subtle the ways in which autism impairs communication. I am fully verbal, but for a long time (until I was in my twenties) I couldn't communicate issues like this. It's hard to explain to normal people, but at Abby's age, I wasn't cognizant of the idea that I should communicate things like you describe. I once fainted, came to, and just went on with my day without telling anyone. I also never communicated when I didn't feel well. It just didn't register with me that I should. Even when I knew that something was wrong, I didn't understand which words to use to communicate my needs because I didn't know what specifically was wrong or what I needed in response. It made it really hard for my parents because I would just meltdown a lot and not be able to explain why I was upset. It wasn't their fault (usually). I had words, but my introspective skills were too poor to use them.

Considering Abby's cognitive difficulties, it's likely that she faces the same issues with recognizing needs. This is why she would eat herself to the point of sickness. I think we should remember that there is no easy fix for anything related to more severe autism because its disabilities are always caused by multiple issues interacting. I expect that the Maass family is aware of Abby's cognitive impairments, so they know that teaching her signs requiring introspective skills is a battle lost before it begins. Maybe they're reluctant to admit this, but I don't think that her lack of some signs that members here want her to learn is a cause for criticism. I really don't think Abby could use most of them.
Thank you for your insight. I know that it can difficult to have the necessary introspection or gather what is important to communicate. I know that ( I still use Emoji Cards and I am almost 30...) I hit my head once and did not tell anyone. I didn't realize it was worthwhile (peole did see a massive bruise on my forehead. Thats what ultimately "saved" me. Autsim is primarily a difficulty in social interaction (with some other stuff that often happens with it)
None of us know what Abbie is truly capable of, but she has a really firm grasp on what she wants or at least what she doesn't. The school did know that and tried to teach her a sign for stop.
Maybe she could pick something up if the parents used assistive signing (to their speech), we'll never know.
Lets entertain the idea that food items plus stuff like open, bathroom, golf cart or all done are really all she can ever learn. I'd argue that this would make it even more vital for her family to react correctly and take what she says seriously. Them not doing that makes every try to communicate ultimately futile.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is something I really don't understand. I just don't get it. Especially when you think of him not wanting to cut Abbie's hair because it would make her "look special needs"... or not as "pretty & girly" - he didn't say the latter but it's implied.
I think in his weird brain, according to Asa-logic, he thinks she looks adorable in those pics + he knows they'll grab attention. Attention means clicks and views.
Asshole....why don't you make a shirt that says "special needs lives matter"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello. I've just joined because it seems like these threads could use the perspective of someone with lower functioning autism. I have a level 2 disability, and I've noticed that a lot of people in these threads don't understand the more subtle the ways in which autism impairs communication. I am fully verbal, but for a long time (until I was in my twenties) I couldn't communicate issues like this. It's hard to explain to normal people, but at Abby's age, I wasn't cognizant of the idea that I should communicate things like you describe. I once fainted, came to, and just went on with my day without telling anyone. I also never communicated when I didn't feel well. It just didn't register with me that I should. Even when I knew that something was wrong, I didn't understand which words to use to communicate my needs because I didn't know what specifically was wrong or what I needed in response. It made it really hard for my parents because I would just meltdown a lot and not be able to explain why I was upset. It wasn't their fault (usually). I had words, but my introspective skills were too poor to use them.

Considering Abby's cognitive difficulties, it's likely that she faces the same issues with recognizing needs. This is why she would eat herself to the point of sickness. I think we should remember that there is no easy fix for anything related to more severe autism because its disabilities are always caused by multiple issues interacting. I expect that the Maass family is aware of Abby's cognitive impairments, so they know that teaching her signs requiring introspective skills is a battle lost before it begins. Maybe they're reluctant to admit this, but I don't think that her lack of some signs that members here want her to learn is a cause for criticism. I really don't think Abby could use most of them.
Welcome and thanks for sharing.
Very interesting insights.
Abbie is IDD with just a side of Autism. Both are profound but the IDD is the primary issue that she has.
So I agree with what you're saying. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Asshate likes the slogan "Normal is overrated". .. yet they want to hide the fact she is special needs with her having long hair ? Hate to break it to them but there is no way to hide Abbie's special needs... unless of course It is a strategically taken still photo. The way she moves, holds her head, her mouth .. all give her away. Why is he ashamed of that?

If he wants to be ashamed he should be ashamed that she is 15 and they haven't potty trained her yet.
And that even Helen Keller was more teachable than Ab.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The abbitude is driving me crazy, he said it in a few vlogs back, just to promote the new merchandise, which was obviously in production at that point. Leghumpers would have been all over that... ‘ohhh asa what a great saying put it on your merch, “ which he had already done, These people disgust me, and I really liked them back 3 years ago they were so different, 🐷was a different woman back then and he didn’t seem such an assahole.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi! I wanted to chime in on the clothes. I dont think having special needs people dressed in "regular" clothes is necessarily about being in denial (altho it certainly can be!)

I worked in a care home where we would take our clients out for walks. I always tried to have them clean and presentable. Not because i was embarrassed- because i wanted to maintain their dignity. I hope that if or when i get to a place where im unable to care for myself, that someone will look out for me in the same way.

We have some down syndrome people around with caretakers and you can spot them a mile away- not because of their faces or behaviour, as theyre quiet and friendly. You can spot them because theyre all in similar clothes- all beige, tend to be in shorts that cut just above the knee, long white socks that go high up the legs, strappy sandals, and a polo top.

It singles them out. Im not ashamed of how my kids are, but i also dont want them singled out more than necessary, if that makes sense.

That said, i do put a harness on my youngest. He loves traffic. I keep chewlery on us, and always bring a bag of sensory stuff.

I have wished that the puzzle piece didnt have the history that it does. There are times i wish i could have a shirt on my kid that would have their diagnosis just in case they escape. They arent able to communicate well when theyre overwhelmed, and can become nonverbal.

Sorry for length, friends!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Quote: “l’m using a new camera now...”
Which means that I can use new filters and lighting with this one and be able to hide more of my weight and flaws... Especially when she knows that her stream will lag more because of the bandwidth it takes to stream from this type of camera because it has to be able to filter and bend the lightening..
She makes me sick!I

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I only took two things from this
If she thinks that's on point make up she needs glasses
And
More money, more money, more money. The patio stuff was fine, they just keep buying (unless the cushions have taken on certain odors)🤢
Ok 3 things but I don't know about my fellow rattlers but 60 seconds outside and I'm a sweaty mess, sorry TMI, but like the 5 mile peloton ride miracle Cilla doesn't sweat.
Hell she doesn't even glow

Oh and "bomb" foundation... what is she 13
GROW UP and use age appropriate slang🙄
About that Peloton, I have a recumbent bike...horizontal, much easier on my knees and it took me 15 mins to do 3.25 miles. I'm much older but half her weight. I'm sure the peloton is harder to ride and has she said how long it took her?

Reactions: 7
Hello.. haven’t been around for a bit. Busy with court, and now getting ready to go in for surgery on Thursday. Of course the hospital and doctor couldn’t make any of my appointments for pre op, tests and Covid testing on the same day. So I’ve been doing all that.

Caught up on everything here.... don’t worry I won’t ask.. I read. 😉🤣

Came across this tid bit... I was right, I knew that crap under her lip wasn’t acne. 🤣
BD687EC6-D3C8-4B7D-B66B-EF1A917E967B.jpeg

Piggy’s got herpes. 🤢 Now did she catch it from Asshat. I haven’t seen it on his face.... Could his teeny weenie have brought home the gift that keeps on giving. 🤔 I guess if we see Summer with them next we will have that answer.

Other than that it’s the same ole crap on FA... I see they are prancing Abbie around more though...

I’ll take she’s shitting in the pool for $100 Alex. Answer: Why she is in the wetsuit and switched out of the swimsuit.

Summer is getting creepier every vlog... I see a Lifetime movie in the making. She was hired to be the disabled daughter’s caregiver but they fell in love... she wanted him but all that stood in the way was his massive wife. That never stopped him before but this girl wanted the massive woman’s family as her own .....Only on Lifetime this Friday night world premiere of Killing Massive Momma: The story of Piggy and Summer.

Asshat has said they don’t have friends.... now we have a mystery friend that’s had a baby. 🤔 And lets give her a cooter board that our daughter has had her dirty booger fingers in. And Piggy probably wiped her nose multiple times with her hand... so double booger cooter board. It be scary if these people are real and eat anything out of that box. Piggy’s dirty box. Hope you like a side of herpes with that. 🤢🤣

Piggy piggy those TikToks are atrocious! Her SlimeLife adds are disgusting too. She looks like a fool! She can’t apply makeup to save her life. Her serum for the sunspots and wrinkles doesn’t work, her face is proof of that. She didn’t like when I told people if they have a mushroom allergy not to use it.. she deleted my post. Guess she wants people to have allergic reactions. 🤷🏻‍♀️

New merch... they must be in need of some extra cash. Merch hasn’t been pushed in awhile. Guess Asshat doesn’t like Piggy is bringing in more than him. Ooo Asshat is a Piggy a better snake oil salesmen than you. Buy that cheap ass merch! All that stuff is made in China garbage that the manufacturer buys in bulk and slaps FAs name into it. And buy crappy waxy makeup that can’t even make a Pig look decent.

Okay I think I’m done. 🤣 Till the vlog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.