Fathering Autism #34 With each new vlog the lies get bigger, so do the rolls on P's figure

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Tonight's vlog 7.7.20 from Facebook
It’s just a load of bullshit. He’s only doing this vlog because people have complained about lack of content of Abbie. To be fair she knows very few signs and him talking about lack of muscle development in her hands, she doesn’t have a problem when she is grabbing food and shovelling it in her mouth.
I just don’t believe anything they say, it’s just damage control . She is no more advanced than she was two years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I just read some Florida hospital icu's are already at capacity. When will these morons get it?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
You know, I've been watching since they had like 50,000 subs....so I dont know what in the hell this chick is watching because Abbie hasnt progressed at all. Shes regressed. We all see it. And frankly, from the looks of her arms Asa needs to bust out the tube hoodie again. And I say that with kindness. She shouldnt be allowed to hurt herself like that, and if he can no longer hold her arms down he needs to put the hoodie back on until shes calm. Its ridiculous!

1594163641711.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Ass-hat talking about Abbie communicating through body language and how he & P & Isaiah have really picked up on and learned that sort of communication with Abbie. He also talks about her modified sign language.
What he fails to mention is that he & P (especially him, tho) often dismiss or ignore Abbie’s signs. Especially if she’s signing for bathroom. They’ve said that she does that as a way to get out of doing something or if she wants alone time. But, what if she actually does need to go to the toilet? A&P are kind of arbitrarily deciding if she really needs to go or not. I get that there are times where it’s obvious she doesn’t need to go. Like if she just went five minutes earlier. Plus, say she is signing bathroom to get out of doing something or to get some alone time. Maybe take try to take into consideration what may be causing her to do this? Yes, some of the time it is laziness.. but I don’t think that’s true all the time. Asa says: “We really have to read what’s going around us at the time to fully understand what she’s communicating and what she’s asking for.”
“The most important thing to me is that my daughter is happy. And she’s clearly very very happy. One of the keys to keeping her happy is increasing her communication. One of her biggest frustrations and when she has her angry moments and her meltdowns, comes from her inability to communicate. So, it’s our job to give her the tools that she needs to communicate and have access to the world and stay happy.”

See, Asa knows the right things to say and theoretically he knows what he (and P) need to be doing to help Abbie out, to teach her, to work with her, and help her to progress. They just can’t seem to stick with it, put in the effort required and to be consistent with it. All of the things you talked about, Asa, don’t mean a damn thing if you aren’t actually putting them into practice and actually DOING them!

With Asa’s statement that the most important thing to him is that Abbie is happy, I actually think this means that he lets her get away with bad behaviors and not discipling her because he think’s she’s happier that way and he doesn’t want to do things to make her upset.
He does occasionally tell her no, like when she’s asking for more food right after dinner or if it’s bedtime and she’s asking for a golf cart ride. But I think there’s a lot that he lets her get away with to keep her from getting upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s just a load of bullshit. He’s only doing this vlog because people have complained about lack of content of Abbie. To be fair she knows very few signs and him talking about lack of muscle development in her hands, she doesn’t have a problem when she is grabbing food and shovelling it in her mouth.
I just don’t believe anything they say, it’s just damage control . She is no more advanced than she was two years ago.
Look at those handsome young men in your avatar! :love::love:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ass-hat talking about Abbie communicating through body language and how he & P & Isaiah have really picked up on and learned that sort of communication with Abbie. He also talks about her modified sign language.
What he fails to mention is that he & P (especially him, tho) often dismiss or ignore Abbie’s signs. Especially if she’s signing for bathroom. They’ve said that she does that as a way to get out of doing something or if she wants alone time. But, what if she actually does need to go to the toilet? A&P are kind of arbitrarily deciding if she really needs to go or not. I get that there are times where it’s obvious she doesn’t need to go. Like if she just went five minutes earlier. Plus, say she is signing bathroom to get out of doing something or to get some alone time. Maybe take try to take into consideration what may be causing her to do this? Yes, some of the time it is laziness.. but I don’t think that’s true all the time. Asa says: “We really have to read what’s going around us at the time to fully understand what she’s communicating and what she’s asking for.”
“The most important thing to me is that my daughter is happy. And she’s clearly very very happy. One of the keys to keeping her happy is increasing her communication. One of her biggest frustrations and when she has her angry moments and her meltdowns, comes from her inability to communicate. So, it’s our job to give her the tools that she needs to communicate and have access to the world and stay happy.”

See, Asa knows the right things to say and theoretically he knows what he (and P) need to be doing to help Abbie out, to teach her, to work with her, and help her to progress. They just can’t seem to stick with it, put in the effort required and to be consistent with it. All of the things you talked about, Asa, don’t mean a damn thing if you aren’t actually putting them into practice and actually DOING them!

With Asa’s statement that the most important thing to him is that Abbie is happy, I actually think this means that he lets her get away with bad behaviors and not discipling her because he think’s she’s happier that way and he doesn’t want to do things to make her upset.
He does occasionally tell her no, like when she’s asking for more food right after dinner or if it’s bedtime and she’s asking for a golf cart ride. But I think there’s a lot that he lets her get away with to keep her from getting upset.
Oh, that’s ok then, keep Abbie happy, let her do whatever she wants, don’t worry about anyone else, as long as your #autismprincess is happy.

• Heart
They should teach her the sign for "please"
You know, I've been watching since they had like 50,000 subs....so I dont know what in the hell this chick is watching because Abbie hasnt progressed at all. Shes regressed. We all see it. And frankly, from the looks of her arms Asa needs to bust out the tube hoodie again. And I say that with kindness. She shouldnt be allowed to hurt herself like that, and if he can no longer hold her arms down he needs to put the hoodie back on until shes calm. Its ridiculous!

View attachment 175481
that ain't pride on her 'little face'....its happiness that she gets the donut

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been pondering their needs for an admissions worker to question. I'm wondering if they think Isaiah should have gotten more credits for his HS courses. Remember a few weeks back P was bragging that the test Isaiah took would "be equal to an Associates Degree" and "eliminate the basic stuff." ?? Now, I have been out of school for 19 years, but I have 3 in college right now....and there is no way that the required prereq's and electives would be enough for even an Associates. And for that matter, you cant get a general studies Associates so a hodge podge of coursework means nothing. In addition, when they rattled off the classes they enrolled him in English was one. And there ya go...prereq. I wonder if they got his results and are pissy, because something is fishy.

Thanks, the baby is a little girl but her hair is short, it’s only just started growing through properly recently, she is a holy terror😂
Oh Im sorry. I seriously need new glasses. But, you saw my grandsons hair....people think hes a girl all the time from the shoulders up LOL.
And I wonder why girls are terrors? Both of mine were, and still are as adults! (at least to me they can be!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.