Fathering Autism #25 MLM scams, gluttony & greed. More people to fool is what we need

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I'm new here, been following for a while first time post. Don't know if I'm doing it right but plz going easy on me. Thanks.
You guys remember someone posted a screen shot of a youtuber that commented on one of the FA vlogs. Goes by the name myka stauffer, she is a life style/family vlogger. well a few years ago the the family adopted a boy from China who has special needs. she had at the time 3 bio kids and another baby last year. These guys have made a ton of money from exploiting Huxley over the years. Ppl started asking questions and rumours were going around that the family have put him up for adoption becouse he hasn't been seen on any social media since the beginning of the year. This little boy has autism, the only reason i watched them.
The couple put out a video yesterday, since than she has delated all negative comments, removed all videos on the family channel and getting a lot of blacklash.
This breaks my heart, my little just truned 5 and has autism along with other disabilities.
At one time right at the beginning of our journey on autism I used to watch a lot of FA to get information but not amy more.
Ppl like FA, like myka stauffer and her husband and others give out the wrong information to ppl about autism, and when your a new parent going through this the first its scary as hell, that these are the ppl you come across on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've been knocked out cold by a non verbal violent client just because he wanted what I was eating
There could be books written about those clients or patients.
We had one gigantic man, who liked to chase the nurses around with a stole knife or trying to strangle them.
Another one was hitting the head of a nurse so hard against the wall, the he suffered a fractured scull.
I quit working at the psychiatric ward after 6 years and wish i didn't wait so long.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Priscilla – “I don’t care what people think. I get hate comments every single day but I have to brush ‘em off because at the end of the day, I go to bed at night knowing that I’m doing a good thing. ….. I will take all the hate comments in the world because I know what I’m doing.”

Also Priscilla – ‘Move on sweetheart, nothing for you to see here. Yeah, the dangerous dancing Abigail. Whew. Thank goodness no one got hurt. Go away. I don’t have time to deal with your nonsense. I’m building an empire for my daughter.’

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cautious::cautious:
I swear at PlayList the entire AutismSquad went to a session on dealing with haters? I don’t pay much attention to most of them except for Jenn. And I absolutely hate the way they all treat her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What is Isaiah going to study? Have they said it and I’ve missed it?
He told Chris .. that guy that came to interview Abbie but really interviewed the family.. that he wanted to be an ABA therapist... its all about autism with this family.

Reactions: 5
Hi I'm new here, been following for a while first time post. Don't know if I'm doing it right but plz going easy on me. Thanks.
You guys remember someone posted a screen shot of a youtuber that commented on one of the FA vlogs. Goes by the name myka stauffer, she is a life style/family vlogger. well a few years ago the the family adopted a boy from China who has special needs. she had at the time 3 bio kids and another baby last year. These guys have made a ton of money from exploiting Huxley over the years. Ppl started asking questions and rumours were going around that the family have put him up for adoption becouse he hasn't been seen on any social media since the beginning of the year. This little boy has autism, the only reason i watched them.
The couple put out a video yesterday, since than she has delated all negative comments, removed all videos on the family channel and getting a lot of blacklash.
This breaks my heart, my little just truned 5 and has autism along with other disabilities.
At one time right at the beginning of our journey on autism I used to watch a lot of FA to get information but not amy more.
Ppl like FA, like myka stauffer and her husband and others give out the wrong information to ppl about autism, and when your a new parent going through this the first its scary as hell, that these are the ppl you come across on social media.
I have never heard of this family before but I just went to their recent video and it’s a boo hoo video of them crying about giving up their adopted son. I won’t be quick to judge because I know nothing about them but the fact that they documented the entire adoption process, then hid that they gave him up and are now on YouTube crying about it is sad.

Children are not accessories, dolls or play toys. Did they not think about it more before adopting that poor baby with special needs. They should have assumed that having a child with special needs would have been a lot of work. I’m not going to judge them because I don’t know the actual situation but just that video alone says something.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Myka Stauffer has her own thread. Not sure if you saw it. Maybe you might be interested. :)

Reactions: 8
You guys need to post caps of these comments more often. I like both Priscilla and Asa, but they come across totally different in these comments. Completely thin-skinned jerks who can't deal with anything that even smells like criticism.

I hate the way they never let the other fight their own battles. If somebody says something mean to Priscilla, Asa's got to chime in. If somebody criticizes Asa, Priscilla's got to chime in. I hate people who are like this. I don't see it as loving and supportive, I see it as immature and reflecting a lack of confidence in the other. When you love somebody, you let them fight their own battles. If it gets really bad there can be a time to intervene, but you shouldn't be intervening every time like they're a helpless little toddler who needs their mama to come chase off the bullies.

As someone who likes them and wants them to do well, I wish they would work on how they interact with people outside the videos. They need to learn to be mature and take the high road. If somebody says something critical, either just ignore them or thank them for their criticism and move on. Criticism is good for you. To avoid it makes you weak. If you want to engage with such people and truly defend your positions, you need to rely on more intellectual replies than "how cute" or "move along." Their attitude in the comments does not align with the image they're projecting fairly well with their videos--a loving and caring family trying to be positive and interested in helping others. In the comments they sound like stuck-on-themselves reality TV stars with a way overinflated idea of their own importance.

And "building an empire for my daughter" really bothers me for some reason. Not that she's even doing such a thing, but her daughter does not need an "empire," she needs enough funds to pay for decades of a high quality in-home caretaker and several other therapists to give that caretaker time off. An "empire" implies that somehow Abbie is going to be able to take over the reins one day rather than slowly drain all the funds until she passes away. I believe the Maases truly care about her and want the best for her, but this kind of weird over-dramatic characterization makes me worry they're going to end up messing everything up b/c of hubris.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Kristens_v_ comments are gone but....

Ugh I really hate how A & P respond to people’s comments by belittling them and flaunting their wealth. “You took business class? That’s cute. We’ve owned several businesses” and “Move along sweetheart nothing for you to see here.” bleeping gag.

P’s “business” is only “successful” due to their large cult following.

Also... hello everyone! I’ve been browsing these forums for awhile now :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Remember when they decided to stop saying the word "go" because Assa thought it was triggering to Abs...

But it never crossed their minds that having her get her backpack and repeatedly telling her she was going to her (new) school would cause some confusion.

smfh

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Someone must have sent P the link to the YouTube video of her MLM scam. Haha! She mentioned it in her live last night (41:18). When will they learn that if you point people in the right direction of something you dont want them to know about, they will go look?! That's how I found this site during the big scandal video. She may have just shot herself in the foot on this one.
So she admitted most of her "team" are special needs moms or special needs themselves?
She should hang her head in shame!
The massive woman is is a ruthless, greedy professional fraud!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Yes seems like they both had it today with her. They are used to Isaiah and Summer being there to help distract Abbie and interact with her. If she is that aggressive from what it sounds like daily it may not be many more years that Abbie will have to be placed somewhere. Its going to come down to their own safety. If Asa wasn’t there she would have been placed already. Not going to rag on them today, she would be exhausting and challenging to deal with 24/7. Sad situation for sure.
Today they got a glimpse of their future with no Summer no Isaiah. Just parents with Abby. Very sad day for them.
It really reflected one aspect of why P has Summer as her best “buddy” to help P keep the anger and disappointment in check 😢
Just speculating here, that restaurant scene must have been over the top with diners reacting to it, esp if P’s necklace was grabbed and broken. Maybe some diners even thoughtlessly recorded it. That would have hurt P & A on many levels including having their vlog image tarnished.
Perhaps this prompted A to get ahead of any possible video surfacing and be honest about the incident?
All speculation on my part, but a very sad wake up call for P&A today.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
You guys need to post caps of these comments more often. I like both Priscilla and Asa, but they come across totally different in these comments. Completely thin-skinned jerks who can't deal with anything that even smells like criticism.

I hate the way they never let the other fight their own battles. If somebody says something mean to Priscilla, Asa's got to chime in. If somebody criticizes Asa, Priscilla's got to chime in. I hate people who are like this. I don't see it as loving and supportive, I see it as immature and reflecting a lack of confidence in the other. When you love somebody, you let them fight their own battles. If it gets really bad there can be a time to intervene, but you shouldn't be intervening every time like they're a helpless little toddler who needs their mama to come chase off the bullies.

As someone who likes them and wants them to do well, I wish they would work on how they interact with people outside the videos. They need to learn to be mature and take the high road. If somebody says something critical, either just ignore them or thank them for their criticism and move on. Criticism is good for you. To avoid it makes you weak. If you want to engage with such people and truly defend your positions, you need to rely on more intellectual replies than "how cute" or "move along." Their attitude in the comments does not align with the image they're projecting fairly well with their videos--a loving and caring family trying to be positive and interested in helping others. In the comments they sound like stuck-on-themselves reality TV stars with a way overinflated idea of their own importance.

And "building an empire for my daughter" really bothers me for some reason. Not that she's even doing such a thing, but her daughter does not need an "empire," she needs enough funds to pay for decades of a high quality in-home caretaker and several other therapists to give that caretaker time off. An "empire" implies that somehow Abbie is going to be able to take over the reins one day rather than slowly drain all the funds until she passes away. I believe the Maases truly care about her and want the best for her, but this kind of weird over-dramatic characterization makes me worry they're going to end up messing everything up b/c of hubris.
The thing about it is, usually right under the comment they are replying to is a positive comment. They ignore all of those comments but use their time to reply to negative ones. Why not just delete them and move on. For two ppl who claim they don’t care about criticism they seem to always focus on it.

Reactions: 15
I was checking out Isaiah's and Dummers tik tok...its actually very sad to see Abbie in the background of half thier tik tocks just sitting in her corner rocking or hanging her head down while they are jumping around the room. I found two that really bothered me...first one, Dummer grabs Abbie and they both man handle her while they dance around her. She clearly has no idea what's going on and tries to get away. Title says "Abbie wanted to join us"...clearly NOT! Second one is Isaiah and Dummer acting out to a brother sister song. Knowing what we know now....sad.

• Sad
There are human beings who are showing a kind of behavior that is radiating a selfish, egoistic and mean personality.
Their demands come first and they are getting agressive and manipulative to get what they want. And i don't like peoples who willingly hurt others to get their way. It's like a kind of sadism.

There are a lot of mentally disabled peoples that are a joy to be around.
I never had a " problem" with any of them.
It's the character that matters. Some peoples are nice and some are a pain.in the a..e.
The same goes for so called NT persons. Some radiat good vibes and some not.
it’s funny. The one autistic man that knocked me out for over prompting him was the funniest guy you’d ever want to meet. He’d always walk around quoting movies and tv shows and he used it as his way of communicating. If he did something wrong he’d always mention Boris Badenov. If a female did something wrong, he’d refer to her as Natasha Nogoodnik. It was always hysterical to listen to him. He sadly passed away 4 years after I moved away.

when I first started watching this family, I saw good that I wished I knew when I started working in this field back in 1993. Now I know all of their gimmick is just bs for show

I was checking out Isaiah's and Dummers tik tok...its actually very sad to see Abbie in the background of half thier tik tocks just sitting in her corner rocking or hanging her head down while they are jumping around the room. I found two that really bothered me...first one, Dummer grabs Abbie and they both man handle her while they dance around her. She clearly has no idea what's going on and tries to get away. Title says "Abbie wanted to join us"...clearly NOT! Second one is Isaiah and Dummer acting out to a brother sister song. Knowing what we know now....sad.
I have actively avoided Tik Tok...and this is why. 👆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think the aggression can only be stopped if they get to the root of the problem. There's no other way for Abbie to communicate frustration or at least not one she knows very well. Personally, I think it's mostly rooted in her lack of ability to communicate stress, either because she can't learn a way or her parents refuse to teach her.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to teach her because they don't want Abbie to communicate, because if Abbie signs that she's distressed or uses a symbol on her iPad, that might have some negative implications about their parenting ability.
And their pocketbook...if she can continually say/sign/press the button NO when they ask her if she wants to do something for the vlog someone is out an income!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
And their pocketbook...if she can continually say/sign/press the button NO when they ask her if she wants to do something for the vlog someone is out an income!
I don't think it would make a difference if she could sign it. She already shakes her head 'no' and Asa just ignores it and tells her 'Yes' and that she has to do what he's telling her. She also uses her signs for "break, bathroom, and all done'' as ways of expressing she doesn't want to do something and those get ignored/dismissed, too.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.