Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you insinuating something? That’s what I was asking because what is the significance of her having that reaction and it being a big deal?

I thought so too but apparently that is thing. Lots of leghumpers posted theirs in the comments. The thing I found odd about it was how Zilla makes it about her. Kid just got done running, so you sneak and put that up as a surprise? He’s like um I would give you a hug but I’m sweating....

She’s just so dramatic. She’s been crying about him graduating for weeks.

From college prep to hillbilly in one covid lockdown, for all you folks that ‘care’ Isaiah has barefeet!🧐🙃

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
From college prep to hillbilly in one covid lockdown, for all you folks that ‘care’ Isaiah has barefeet!🧐🙃
Yes! And the pic is so irrelevant at age 17-18! Kids don’t change as much. Also, how many flipping pics does one family need? Their narcissism is adorning their walls. I just can’t do that.

I wonder what they make off of 1 IG post, even unrelated to Abbie & their channel. But maybe they tagged FA. I don’t recall those details. (ok edit: i see it’s on her Ssssssilllahsss Ssssstufffff s end Ssssssthingssss).

That door banner was crooked & bugged me. Wonder if they left it. haha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
And the grad sign w/ his cheesy ass face & button down looks political or a realtor sign. Ssscilla...it’s ok to keep sssome thingsss personal or for family.

Reactions: 15
I bet the neighbors rejoiced when they first saw that sign.
Then died a little inside when they realized it wasn't a For Sale sign.
😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
And the grad sign w/ his cheesy ass face & button down looks political or a realtor sign. Ssscilla...it’s ok to keep sssome thingsss personal or for family.
Yes! Most of the signs in our area, just either have the school name (saying a Grad lives there), or maybe has their name on the sign.. I haven’t seen one sign, that has their face on them...
Oh and for people in other countries, this is a big thing now, throughout our areas in the US. Some sign companies are doing them for free even for the graduates but not to this scale. Personally, I wouldn’t even want my child’s name on the sign, much less their face..

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You guys know how the Maa$$' love Tiktok so much? Well I've just thought of something! There's a massive autistic community on tiktok, all you have to do is either search, or find the IG page @actuallyautistictiktoks :)

@paigelayle (both on IG and tiktok) has amazing content!

Maybe A&P could go watch those, since they love being on tiktok so much, and since they don't listen to autistic people anywhere else...oh wait, they probably won't there either..*eye roll*

Not that I'm a medical expert but it kinda looks like they have hypermobility in their finger joints. Maybe it's an underlying condition? Clearly genetic since we can see that Abbie, Isaiah and P have it.
That made me think of Agony Autie (on IG and YT I think) who's autistic and posts cool stuff, she also has Elhors D...EDS..that thingy xD
She talks about it a bit too, maybe that's something to think about for Abbie? DOn't take my word for it, I'm no expert either lol, but search her up and you might see what comes to my mind?) Just a thought :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
You guys know how the Maa$$' love Tiktok so much? Well I've just thought of something! There's a massive autistic community on tiktok, all you have to do is either search, or find the IG page @actuallyautistictiktoks :)
Last thing I heard was that TikTok was deliberately censoring autistic creators for their 'safety' or something like that.

Reactions: 6
Good mornin

I just watched the video and here is my take. I did not see Abbie pinch Isaiah, but she did grab his arm and push. Then Asa threatened to send her to her room. Isaiah and Summer grab Abbie ALL the time! They chase her, tickle her, move her, pull on her, get in her face, boop her , throw her in the pool....must I go on here? Don't blame Abbie for being aggressive for grabbing his arm, who the hell would be able to tell the difference when you grow up with people all over you all the time and you can't say "no" or "stop" and even if she did, they wouldn't listen.

I felt like when Asa told Abbie to go the bathroom, two things happened. Summer had her hands all in Abbie's face and hair and it appeared to me she didn't want that. Of course, no one noticed or listened, they just talk over her, then she pushed Isaiah. We don't know what she was trying to convey, but it was something and no one even tried to understand her.

I hate when they put Sandy in that crate soaking wet. That dog has to stink.

They claim teaching Abbie laundry is teaching her life skills, what it shows is A&P need to learn life skills themselves. How do they amass that much laundry anyway? I mean....good lord. And just do it, it's not that demanding, stop making excuses for being too lazy to do laundry.

Did you see P chopping onions? And her fans think she is a chef? That's hilarious. Asa acts like making meatballs and cooking frozen fries is hard. That dinner looked so unhealthy, so fattening, so many carbs and then that freakin' cheese! If I was them I would be embarrassed to even film that as fat as they are?

Lastly..."typical" is boring, "normal" is dull.....I do not find Isaiah to be boring or dull, he is quirky and has a good sense of humor. Who wants to be just another carbon copy human? We have billions of those walking around in their normal haze.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Are you insinuating something? That’s what I was asking because what is the significance of her having that reaction and it being a big deal?
Not insinuating anything. I just stated that she was pretty adamant that she didn't want to go and I thought it was weird she was that adamant about it.

Reactions: 5
Not insinuating anything. I just stated that she was pretty adamant that she didn't want to go and I thought it was weird she was that adamant about it.
It seemed like she was already in a bad mood from the cart ride being over and she was just annoyed at all of them. I’m not sure about the people saying he should have pushed it. Everybody here says they should listen to her but when he does then he’s just a pushover and letting her be a brat. I would have done the same thing with my toddler and then tried again 15-20 minutes later. No reason to push somebody that is already in a bad mood over the edge to prove you are the boss.

Reactions: 8
Just something to think about, with the low muscle tone and fingers...
We do not know Abbie’s full diagnoses. Even her Speech Therapist hinted that Autism wasn’t her only dx and we can all agree that at minimum, IDD is there (plus confirmed by AssHat himself)...
There are some children/adults on the Autism Spectrum that have unknown genetic deletions. Meaning, the genetics doctors can see a deletion or issue within the DNA but they have absolutely no idea why it is their or how it effects each person that has this...

Gosh, I am going to get a little more personal right now and if anyone knows me, please do not call me out...
My youngest two kids are twins. Both twins have a genetic deletion on one of their genes. One twin, while struggling with writing, has been able to write. He also can walk and has no issues with standing or doing any activities... The younger twin, has always struggled with basic fine motor skills and gross motor skills. It is a “Tone” issue, as we can build strength but the toning is gone. Yes, his fingers resemble Abbie’s (not bending but the knuckles). He actually was approved and received a wheelchair/stroller because he gets so tired, just from trips to the grocery store. The reason he couldn’t get a Manual or Power chair is because at age 11, he still cannot see people and would run right into them.. We knew his limitations and had to push for that piece of equipment because we knew the others wouldn’t work. This child has also been in PT and OT since he was 12 months old. Finally, at age 10, he was discharged from both, not for lack of progress but because they couldn’t do anything else with him. This child also has issues with potty training and had a regression and we are continually working on retraining..

So, I get this a little bit BUT there is absolutely no way I would take the constant laying down. My child was always told to sit when he just got that tired and his muscles started contracting (which we could literally see in his legs) but we never would have put up with the constant laying on the floor...

Again, this isn’t an “excuse” but we have really no clue, exactly, what the genetics doctors have stated. It very well could be a genetic issue..
Thank you for sharing this.

It seemed like she was already in a bad mood from the cart ride being over and she was just annoyed at all of them. I’m not sure about the people saying he should have pushed it. Everybody here says they should listen to her but when he does then he’s just a pushover and letting her be a brat. I would have done the same thing with my toddler and then tried again 15-20 minutes later. No reason to push somebody that is already in a bad mood over the edge to prove you are the boss.
When she signs "bathroom" they ignore her and ya good and damn well they just don't want to get up. Then he tells her to go...it makes no sense in my head and probably makes no sense in hers either.

The latest vlog really makes it so clear how profoundly IDD Abbie is. And how very much Assssa is either in denial or lying to everyone. (Personally I vote for lying)

He keeps talking about independence. There is no way in hell Abbie will ever live independently. Every small task she is able to do needs someone standing over her and giving her directions step by step.

He had to tell her to move the toothbrush around because she was just holding it in one place in her mouth. For crying out loud.

And I dont say these things to be mean or in anyway make fun of her. But its fact. It's just the way it is.

So I again repeat (as so many of us have said)....Stop with matching colors! Stop with teaching her transactions with money, for lords sake! Stop with having her find a Brown leaf!

Teach her as much personal hygiene stuff as you can. Teach it, teach it, teach it and dont get lazy because it becomes tedious....or messy. Get her outta that diaper. Teach her to wash herself. Brush teeth. Possibly get
dressed.

Teach her not to yell and grunt and flail around when she's at a public place. The hell with "oh but its suppressing her stims" Heck, theres things all people in general no matter who you are...that you cant do in public. It's just the way it works.

Assssa...if you give a damn about your 2nd daughter's life you will get off your big ass and work in the things that will make a difference to Abbie's life. Matching colors ain't gonna change 1 thing for her.

And for Gods sake teach her to keep her clothes on. Ya might wanna start that by not allowing her naked in the pool.

Oh, and quit lying. She ain't ridin' the bike. And you know that.
You've made some good points there but I think she yells, grunts and flails in public because she doesn't like the environment (e.g. loud noises, bright lights, too many people). I would also suggests he brings noise cancelling headphones, her phone/iPad with Spotify downloaded so she can listen to music to help block the noise out, stim toys and sunglasses so that she copes fine with being in a public place.
As an autistic person myself, when I go out to public places, I always bring stim toys and ear defenders with me to help me block out loud noises and cope with anxiety/stress.
In addition, he should immediately stop filming when she yells/has meltdowns/shows signs of being overwhelmed, take her somewhere quiet and give her a stim toy and that will allow her some privacy. Nobody wants to see an autistic child or adult melting down in a place for the whole world to see.
And another thing that frustrates me is, why isn't he teaching her to express how she feels and sign that she wants to be left alone. That will enable her to have her needs met more as I think she mostly gets frustrated due to unmet needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You've made some good points there but I think she yells, grunts and flails in public because she doesn't like the environment (e.g. loud noises, bright lights, too many people). I would also suggests he brings noise cancelling headphones, her phone/iPad with Spotify downloaded so she can listen to music to help block the noise out, stim toys and sunglasses so that she copes fine with being in a public place.
As an autistic person myself, when I go out to public places, I always bring stim toys and ear defenders with me to help me block out loud noises and cope with anxiety/stress.
In addition, he should immediately stop filming when she yells/has meltdowns/shows signs of being overwhelmed, take her somewhere quiet and give her a stim toy and that will allow her some privacy. Nobody wants to see an autistic child or adult melting down in a place for the whole world to see.
And another thing that frustrates me is, why isn't he teaching her to express how she feels and sign that she wants to be left alone. That will enable her to have her needs met more as I think she mostly gets frustrated due to unmet needs.
They have been unsuccessful in getting her to wear headphones or understand emotions. (Not saying they tried very hard.) She does know how to say stop, no and help but they don’t reinforce it so she doesn’t try that often

Reactions: 12
A&P have tried noise cancelling headphones before. Abbie won't wear them. Along with sunglasses. She doesn't tolerate wearing things on her head or face. They have taught her to keep items like that on only if they do a countdown for 10 seconds after which she immediately takes them off.
They have brought a chewy toy out with her a few times and that does seem to help some of the time.

Asa has said he doesn't bother teaching her signs that involve emotion, mood, or thoughts because Abbie doesn't understand those in terms of signing. He says she does better with tangible things.
I would say the closest signs she has for wanting to be left alone are 'bathroom', 'break', or ''all done''.
Brandi taught her the sign for "stop", but I haven't seen Abbie really use it on her own.
We do see Abbie shake her head 'no' a lot but Asa usually just tells her yes and goes ahead anyway.

Reactions: 15
I think too it may have been her OCD. Maybe she just wanted the chair pushed in. It's hard to figure out just what she's trying to convey sometimes.

I remember when they were on the cruise and noticed Abbie didn't do the yelling as much (or they didn't film it).. I think someone asked about that and A or P. (can't remember which) said that she yells more when she is somewhere she is comfortable.. like at home.

At restaurants it seems the yelling/noise is different then her at home yelling as it probably is from anxiety and heading into a tantrum or meltdown.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.