Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s no ring lights, filters/face tune in real life. 🤣

I think they’d all benefit from seeing a Therapist on a regular basis. Family Therapy with all of them (minus Abbie) and individual. One on one Therapy for Isaiah I think would be very beneficial. Idk what all is back open in their area, but they could do abcouple individual FaceTime sessions At home. Isaiah could use Summers room for them. (to not be worried about them listening to what he says) Respectful Parents would stay in the house, out of the backyard until his session was over. (I can picture Assa sneaking to the door with his camera, puting the mic right up to the door, to try and hear what he’s saying 🙄😒... he’d probably make it a vlog title and thumbnail 😠
They could probably benefit from that, but when Isaiah was promoting that therapy app, Asa left the impression that therapy wasn't for him. Can you imagine Asa taking advice from a therapist?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Few thoughts from the latest vlog! Apologies if I’m duplicating other posters... The old hand creeping in to guide Abbie; yet again impatience and control from Ass. The counting down from ten when they need her to wear something etc ; Brandi said back when they were practicing with the medical things that although it’s ok to count down they should also start counting up because then you can extend the time (ie when Abbie has the blood pressure cuff on B counted up to 12 before Abbie took it off). Lastly, he constantly has to over think and over complicate the’new’ things he wants her to do at home. They’ve been talking for weeks about her earning money for snacks and then paying for them. Yesterday he talked about not being able to use cash etc as it’s apparently a cashless world! Cash is still around and also isn’t there a credit card monopoly where you can tap in the amount and then swipe the card? Surely that would be the nearest thing to her using her card for shopping?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They could probably benefit from that, but when Isaiah was promoting that therapy app, Asa left the impression that therapy wasn't for him. Can you imagine Asa taking advice from a therapist?
just a note here. You never take advice from a therapist but they give you the tools to work things out in an uncluttered way. However, you have to be receptive to opening your mind. Not our dear Asa. He’s worked it all out. Hell, Yeah, it’s all worked out....narcissists never need intervention from another. Ps I’m a qualified psychotherapist.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know it has been mentioned before but man, Asa films Priscilla in the worst way, then says what a great mom she is. He makes sure he gets her fat ass, her huge portions of food, the ever present laundry...he is so passive aggressive.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
From Becca's instagram.. she seems like she is getting more like summer as far as being "bff's " with Abbie instead of having a more professional relationship.

Also there is a post on Assss's instagram with Dummer being so proud of Abbie trying to move the pedals on the bike.. and the pic taken where it appears no one is pushing or helping her... so I guess he is going on with the bike charade.

• Sick
  • Wow
From Becca's instagram.. she seems like she is getting more like summer as far as being "bff's " with Abbie instead of having a more professional relationship.

Also there is a post on Assss's instagram with Dummer being so proud of Abbie trying to move the pedals on the bike.. and the pic taken where it appears no one is pushing or helping her... so I guess he is going on with the bike charade.
Bad idea Becca. I really wish she would keep it professional and appropriate for her future.

I cannot believe the fans buy the pics. They aren't saying she is doing it herself, but they are implying it by saying she is trying to pedal. Nope. He probably had Summer place Abbie's foot on the pedal and quickly got the shot...and there is Isiah pushing the bike.....and not in the shot. They are such fakers.

Good grief

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bad idea Becca. I really wish she would keep it professional and appropriate for her future.

I cannot believe the fans buy the pics. They aren't saying she is doing it herself, but they are implying it by saying she is trying to pedal. Nope. He probably had Summer place Abbie's foot on the pedal and quickly got the shot...and there is Isiah pushing the bike.....and not in the shot. They are such fakers.

Good grief
In Summer’s story on Instagram she was “peddling” and the bike was moving. She wasn’t getting the peddles to actually go around but she was moving her feet. It was only a few seconds of course but it was better than I thought she would ever do.

Reactions: 10

I can't get over how much she looks like Isaiah. It's uncanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Few thoughts from the latest vlog! Apologies if I’m duplicating other posters... The old hand creeping in to guide Abbie; yet again impatience and control from Ass. The counting down from ten when they need her to wear something etc ; Brandi said back when they were practicing with the medical things that although it’s ok to count down they should also start counting up because then you can extend the time (ie when Abbie has the blood pressure cuff on B counted up to 12 before Abbie took it off). Lastly, he constantly has to over think and over complicate the’new’ things he wants her to do at home. They’ve been talking for weeks about her earning money for snacks and then paying for them. Yesterday he talked about not being able to use cash etc as it’s apparently a cashless world! Cash is still around and also isn’t there a credit card monopoly where you can tap in the amount and then swipe the card? Surely that would be the nearest thing to her using her card for shopping?
What I think is hilarious!
A few vlogs ago Assssa was talking about teaching Abbie the mechanics of how a credit card works. Oh my.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Okay not tryna be mean.
But Abbie's hands are downright weird.
Got a good look during the handwashing.
I almost find them creepy.
Yes they are weird looking and one of the commentors said they liked her hands, they were so cute.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't understand why they are wasting time teaching her about money. I don't think she'll ever be able to go in a store, walk to an item, take it to check out and know what to do when the cashier says "That'll be $4.25" and Abbie will count out $4.25. Or even understand that she has to swipe her debit card and put in a pin number. It's not ever going to happen.

Her school should understand that too. I don't know why they're putting her through the mechanics of shopping.

Everything is just floppy, no tone at all, from her feet to her neck and it seems to be getting worse as she ages.
I'm surprised she doesn't trip when she walks.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In Summer’s story on Instagram she was “peddling” and the bike was moving. She wasn’t getting the peddles to actually go around but she was moving her feet. It was only a few seconds of course but it was better than I thought she would ever do.
Abbie ain't no way pedaling that bike. She goes a few inches down and then right back up. She was not making that trike move.

I
Everything is just floppy, no tone at all, from her feet to her neck and it seems to be getting worse as she ages.
I agree they're all floppy. But they're strange too. She has little dimples where most people have their knuckle bones.

Good grief
Becca needs to get a grip.

Last edited:
Abbie ain't no way pedaling that bike. She goes a few inches down and then right back up. She was not making that trike move.

I
I agree they're all floppy. But they're strange too. She has little dimples where most people have their knuckle bones.
I can't see her having the strength to pedal at this point. I believe this is part of her disease, the hypotonia, flat feet, all of it. Someone on here said low muscle tone was because she is lazy. LOL! Sorry but that was a stupid comment, can't remember who made it.

• Haha
You know what I see when I see Abbie? I see a two year old.

I see a two year old kid that wants to go outside so they just push open a door and walk out without any other thought. I see a two year old in a store that wants a candy bar so they just take it off a shelf and open it and stand there and eat it. I see a two year old throwing a tantrum when they don't get their own way. I see a two year old on a tricycle not understanding how pedaling works. I see a two year old in a teen body.

How do they ever think she will be able to have the comprehension to live any where near independently? How does her school not see it and say something? They've been with Abbie a long time they must see it and know it as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't see her having the strength to pedal at this point. I believe this is part of her disease, the hypotonia, flat feet, all of it. Someone on here said low muscle tone was because she is lazy. LOL! Sorry but that was a stupid comment, can't remember who made it.
All the more reason for them to be doing PT with her. To try to keep her muscles from weakening/wasting away even more. They just seem to choose strange things to focus on when working with her and ignore other things that would actually benefit her more.
Abbie does have quite a lazy streak to her, but it isn't the cause of her low muscle tone. It certainly doesn't help it, that's for sure.
It's just sad because we've seen in those throw back videos of her when she was 6 or 7 how much more active she was and how much better she was able to move around.

Reactions: 12
You know what I see when I see Abbie? I see a two year old.

I see a two year old kid that wants to go outside so they just push open a door and walk out without any other thought. I see a two year old in a store that wants a candy bar so they just take it off a shelf and open it and stand there and eat it. I see a two year old throwing a tantrum when they don't get their own way. I see a two year old on a tricycle not understanding how pedaling works. I see a two year old in a teen body.

How do they ever think she will be able to have the comprehension to live any where near independently? How does her school not see it and say something? They've been with Abbie a long time they must see it and know it as well.
I'm starting to wonder about JSA as time goes by. I agree that the teachers/staff at JSA must know Abbie's limitations. Maybe they just bring her along even tho she won't be participating as much or get as much out of it because it's easier to take all of the students rather than having someone stay back with her?? Maybe they make certain allowances during lessons depending where students are at with their capabilities?? Maybe they don't want to have to deal with the fuss that Asa would kick up if he felt they were singling her out??

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.