Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Priscilla really needs a different shade of concealer or she needs to blend her makeup better. Her wrinkles under her eyes really show through more and the color of the concealer is really bright which defeats the purpose.
her hair looks stringy/damaged and she wearing something that looks straight out of the target maternity section for a mother who breast feeds

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The fish bubble stim was driving me crazy. I had to skip past most of it.

Glad that they’re at least attempting to work w. Abbie wearing a mask and teaching her to tolerate having it on. I agree that she needs to associate it with wearing it when they go out somewhere but I think for now it’s enough to just teach her to tolerate wearing it and not to immediately rip it off.

Asa talks about distractions in relation to when Abbie is doing her educational activities. Saying for certain activities the focus is more about keeping her in her seat and completing the task. Then… he says this: “I don’t care how long it takes. I don’t care if she looks outside at the pool. None of that.”… Really, Asa? REALLY?.. He must think we’re pretty damn stupid!
Hell, even earlier in the vlog he was talking about having to do hand over hand w/ Abbie to complete some tasks. He’s saying he doesn’t care how long it takes… when has he shown that.. EVER?? He says if the activity is new, they’ll close the blinds etc so she can concentrate. Someone help me out because I don’t seem to recall him doing that, either.

Showing her lesson/assignment plan… I noticed the section for functional academics.
(taken from google)
Functional Academic Activities Include:

Functional Reading

Writing/Spelling

Calendar Skills

Knowledge of current events, historical events, holidays

Communication Skills

Math (Money skills, time management, tell time, basic math skills)

Science, Geography, Social Studies

Computer Skills (using interactive and assistive computer devices & software when needed)

Participate in Volunteer work/Follow Directions

Center Activities-fine motor skills

I think we all know that Abbie is unable to do most of these. Working on her fine motor skills would definitely be one that’s possible for her and should be worked on. Learning to follow basic directions would be another. Communication skills; this would involve A&P teaching her more signs and putting more options on her device.. Asa especially doesn’t seem keen on that. For the most part, this category is a waste of time for Abbie and what she’s capable of.

Reactions: 21
So at the 1st of the vlog, it is just AZZ and P. They said the kids went to Dunkin and the post office. This is before Abbie has had a bath and got dressed. So out in the town with pajamas still on and hair not combed. Wonder if that pullup got changed. Also something that bugs the crap out of me with P is she either calls Abbie and the animals sweet girl or Ma'am. At the end of the vlog Nala is on the counter and P says Ma'am. Just say Nala damn it get off the counter!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Priscilla really needs a different shade of concealer or she needs to blend her makeup better. Her wrinkles under her eyes really show through more and the color of the concealer is really bright which defeats the purpose.
Imagine meeting up with her & discovering that she looks nothing like her photo. Awkward!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
(I’m new here, new to tattle, blah blah blah)

This is what irritates me so much about these people, everything they do is for the bloody camera. Asa said he had to take Abbie upstairs to do something recently, and the next thing we saw was the camera set up at the top of the stairs with him and Abbie walking up. So did he tell Abbie to stop and wait while he went and put the camera in position, or did he bring her up, set the camera, then go back down and up again to ”get the shot”? I’m no expert but halting/disturbing Abbie’s thoughts or actions for the sake of the camera is awful and can not be good for her
I think it's probably very confusing for her. Who knows how many times or how many 'takes' Asa does before he thinks it looks good?
There's been other vlogs like that where he's gotten footage of the both of them going into a room and in the next shot coming into the room which means he had to stop and move the camera for the next shot, do the action and then set up the camera again.
I get that this is a typical filming technique that many vloggers use. But doing it specifically with Abbie has to confusing and unsettling for her.

Reactions: 19
So at the 1st of the vlog, it is just AZZ and P. They said the kids went to Dunkin and the post office. This is before Abbie has had a bath and got dressed. So out in the town with pajamas still on and hair not combed. Wonder if that pullup got changed. Also something that bugs the crap out of me with P is she either calls Abbie and the animals sweet girl or Ma'am. At the end of the vlog Nala is on the counter and P says Ma'am. Just say Nala damn it get off the counter!!!!
and no shoes on!! 👣 👣 👣

I heard her call Nala Ma'am too and I was like, when did that start!?!? 🤦‍♀️😸😸

Reactions: 10
The fish bubble stim was driving me crazy. I had to skip past most of it.

Glad that they’re at least attempting to work w. Abbie wearing a mask and teaching her to tolerate having it on. I agree that she needs to associate it with wearing it when they go out somewhere but I think for now it’s enough to just teach her to tolerate wearing it and not to immediately rip it off.

Asa talks about distractions in relation to when Abbie is doing her educational activities. Saying for certain activities the focus is more about keeping her in her seat and completing the task. Then… he says this: “I don’t care how long it takes. I don’t care if she looks outside at the pool. None of that.”… Really, Asa? REALLY?.. He must think we’re pretty damn stupid!
Hell, even earlier in the vlog he was talking about having to do hand over hand w/ Abbie to complete some tasks. He’s saying he doesn’t care how long it takes… when has he shown that.. EVER?? He says if the activity is new, they’ll close the blinds etc so she can concentrate. Someone help me out because I don’t seem to recall him doing that, either.

Showing her lesson/assignment plan… I noticed the section for functional academics.
(taken from google)
Functional Academic Activities Include:

Functional Reading

Writing/Spelling

Calendar Skills

Knowledge of current events, historical events, holidays

Communication Skills

Math (Money skills, time management, tell time, basic math skills)

Science, Geography, Social Studies

Computer Skills (using interactive and assistive computer devices & software when needed)

Participate in Volunteer work/Follow Directions

Center Activities-fine motor skills

I think we all know that Abbie is unable to do most of these. Working on her fine motor skills would definitely be one that’s possible for her and should be worked on. Learning to follow basic directions would be another. Communication skills; this would involve A&P teaching her more signs and putting more options on her device.. Asa especially doesn’t seem keen on that. For the most part, this category is a waste of time for Abbie and what she’s capable of.
I noticed all that too. Mostly nothing on there she is capable of. And why all of a sudden when school is almost over this list has mysteriously materialized.

And just like being late for school he is late checking off/turning in her assignments.

Then with the money.... come on she is never going to understand currency. I’m still wondering if she truly understands matching he prompts her so much I honestly question her ability to do it on her own.

Reactions: 10
I can just see Abbie putting on a smock to do her “jobs,” and earning her quarters for vacuuming and watering the plants. Then she can go to the “store,” AKA Pantry, and buy her snacks. 💖 I bet she can learn the system to work for money for treats. Heck isn’t that what we all do? 😁
That's what someone wrote in the comments today

• Haha
I know! I hate the ma’am thing!

Reactions: 4
That's what someone wrote in the comments today
If this whole “buying the snacks” thing works/ sticks ... she will be running around with coins tapping people ... instead of signing for snacks, she will just show the coins lol. How annoying would that be?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Okay not tryna be mean.
But Abbie's hands are downright weird.
Got a good look during the handwashing.
I almost find them creepy.

Reactions: 11
Okay not tryna be mean.
But Abbie's hands are downright weird.
Got a good look during the handwashing.
I almost find them creepy.
I'm not an expert on anything but my guess would be her hands are like that due to her low muscle tone and her damaging the nerves in her hands due to her hard clapping and slamming her hands on hard surfaces. And the way she flails her hands around can't be good for her hands either.

Reactions: 17
Oh yeah. Her concealer always looks like that. Way too light. It actually draws more attention.

I'm not an expert on anything but my guess would be her hands are like that due to her low muscle tone and her damaging the nerves in her hands due to her hard clapping and slamming her hands on hard surfaces. And the way she flails her hands around can't be good for her hands either.
I agree with all you're saying. I cant stop thinking she's got a lot more genetic issues going on that we dont know about. JMO

In today's vlog Asa practices hygiene with Abbie with washing hands i wonder how often
they bath her?
I'm serious when I say they use the pool. I really figure that's good.

Oh yeah. Her concealer always looks like that. Way too light. It actually draws more attention.

I agree with all you're saying. I cant stop thinking she's got a lot more genetic issues going on that we dont know about. JMO

I'm serious when I say they use the pool. I really figure that's good.
they figure it's good enough

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

I forgot to add that the whole family's hands look weird to me in general. I mean I can't get over Priscilla's pinky :LOL:. It could be genetic on top of Abbie (possibly permanently) damaging her hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know! I hate the ma’am thing!
I would add to that when P calls Abbie 'girlfriend'. lol...
It's because Cilla is hip, y'know?? She's down with the kids... she thinks her tik tok shenanigans are lit!
😆😆🤣🤣

I noticed all that too. Mostly nothing on there she is capable of. And why all of a sudden when school is almost over this list has mysteriously materialized.

And just like being late for school he is late checking off/turning in her assignments.

Then with the money.... come on she is never going to understand currency. I’m still wondering if she truly understands matching he prompts her so much I honestly question her ability to do it on her own.
It's just strange the things Asshat chooses to with in terms of the lesson plan. He said that the school sends a long list of assignments but that he can pick and choose which ones Abbie does and he doesn't have to do every single one. So then, what is with the colour matching?? Why that one?? Are there going to be that many situations where Abbie will need to match colours? The only thing that comes to mind is if he asks her to get a cup or a bowl from the cupboard and tells her to get a specific coloured one.
He's always talking about how Abbie is more successful with tangible things. While that may be true, it's not enough of a reason to teach her certain things that she is unlikely to ever use or truly need. He says she doesn't really understand the concept of money but he still wants to work with her on it. I remember JSA setting up that activity where she had her own purse and debit card and they'd go to stores to practice buying things. If she doesn't understand the concept or value of money... wouldn't that be redundant just like he thinks having Abbie say 'thank you' is redundant?
The only $$$ activity that I think is actually worthwhile is her putting the coins into the jar with the slot on the lid. It's a good exercise for working on and maintaining dexterity and fine motor skills.

(*edit* the things Asshat chooses to go with in terms of the lesson plan)

Last edited:
Imagine meeting up with her & discovering that she looks nothing like her photo. Awkward!!!
There’s no ring lights, filters/face tune in real life. 🤣

I think they’d all benefit from seeing a Therapist on a regular basis. Family Therapy with all of them (minus Abbie) and individual. One on one Therapy for Isaiah I think would be very beneficial. Idk what all is back open in their area, but they could do abcouple individual FaceTime sessions At home. Isaiah could use Summers room for them. (to not be worried about them listening to what he says) Respectful Parents would stay in the house, out of the backyard until his session was over. (I can picture Assa sneaking to the door with his camera, puting the mic right up to the door, to try and hear what he’s saying 🙄😒... he’d probably make it a vlog title and thumbnail 😠

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.