Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RocketQueen

VIP Member
I had forgotten about that!
Oh there is no way in hell Abbie is truthfully reaching goals in that program.
Money stuff? Really?
Abbie has no clue where is is or what is going on.
Would one of you people who have experience working with kids like Abbie, chime in and explain to me using small words, how the hell it would be possible to for Abbie to reach goals in a curriculum like this?
Thanks.
Idk, I'm totally confused LOL
We just heard him tell the teacher she is great at life skills and not vocational skills.
Why would they put her in vocational? Maybe they are just now seeing how impossible is, and next year she goes back to the old program. ??
I do not ever see her being able to understand commerce. She may get used to handing over a debit card, but she will never understand cost, prices, change, etc. JMO

• Heart
Reactions: 17

derr1117

VIP Member
The leghumpers are commenting on how wonderful it is seeing Abbie learning to ride a bike

• Haha
  • Wow

sachairiah

I’m surprised that Brandi is not doing therapy or at least checking in virtually.
Same! We havent been able to have in home therapy either, but the BIs have been calling me once a week for updates/ seeing what issues I've been having/ sending me emails on things I can do to distract and lower dangerous behaviours.

If brandi was checking in, I'm sure we would have seen it in the blogs. Strange that it's been radio silence. Brandi has been with her for years, isnt she wondering how she's been?

• Heart

Whimsical

VIP Member
I mean ... you all know how public schools can be. Especially during the early years, I’m sure she was subject to a bunch of bullying... cause some kids can be mean af. P should have been teaching her while Ass was at the shop or whatever. But she said she is not cut out for the “stay at home” shit. But really, you’re a stay at home mom P. I guess they were trying to “fix” her from that long ago.
I agree. As parents, we are our children's first teachers, at least that is how it is supposed to be. If they had been doing their part at home, as her parents, perhaps she would have excelled a bit more, at home and at school. However, as we have seen, they do not put much effort into anything unless they can make money from it.

• Heart

cucumber

VIP Member
Abbie ate the fertilizer? i must have missed that but that's just i can't lol
It wasnt in the vlog today. But the vlog when they planted those things...that's when she helped herself to a few mouthfuls

Prigly who you kidding?
If Abbie was really progressing in ANYTHING you would be blasting it all over the vlogs.
Instead you have to try to trick your fans into believing Abbie is really riding her trike when you know she halfway sits there while someone pushes her. She doedoes not pedal. She does not steer. I bet if she was pedaling away with her little picnic basket (like your franzies believe) you would show it. You would show EVERYTHING that you claim she can do. You arent humble like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Sweetums

VIP Member
I'm sure it's been brought up before but it really makes me angry that almost every Vlog title they refer to Abbie as a thing. "Autism Girl" "Autistic teen" and the name of the channel "Fathering Autism". Why didn't he call it "Parenting Abbie" or "Abbie's World". He's done the thing that most psychopaths do, he's dehumanized his daughter and having the world see her as a "thing". Just makes me so angry.
And parades her around in Autism shirts that you can buy from him so that he makes even more $ off of her.

• Heart
  • Sad

derr1117

VIP Member
Wow! That’s a lot of time being pregnant!
😂😂😂😂😂 yep. February of 1968, 1969 and 1970 musta been some fun times for them

I genuinely curious because I'm not informed on IDD. Is there something Abbie could or should be doing that would better suit her as opposed to ABA?
I should of been more clear. I just don’t think Abbie will understand the concept of money and making purchases no matter if you use real money or fake Monopoly money

• Heart
  • Haha

WowMeowMeowWow

VIP Member
Hey all! First time poster here...
Last nights vlog... P says , “ I have ever been much of a crock pot person.” My husband quickly chimes in and says, “ Crock Pot? She looks like she needs a Trough Pot!” 🐷😂🐷😂🐷
This, among many reasons, is why I married that man! Hahahaha!

• Haha

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Her brain would have been much more absorbent when she was young too. That is why it’s easier for kids to learn a different language when they are much younger rather than when they’re teens or adults. Here they are now struggling to teach her simple colors.
And she was such a cute little girl. She was vibrant and looked healthy. Its as sad to me to see her physical decline as much as her cognitive decline. She is so weak, floppy, her poor neck and back.....and its only going to get worse, and she cant communicate pain. I cannot not imagine having a horrible headache, back pain, tooth pain, anything...and not be able to let anyone know. :(

• Sad

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
OK... another thing. You can tell how deranged Ass is to the point where he doesn’t know what modern society and work life looks like every time he mentions Zoom and online meetings. I’m like where the fuck have you been!? ... even outside of quarantine, virtual meetings and online classes were a thing. Before this great Covid time, when I was employed, I had such meetings on a daily basis. So this motherfucker knows nothing about technology other than cameras and YouTube. And you all thought he could trace your IP address. Ha !

• Haha

Hannah'sMama

I don't think I've seen hiking or camping or movies since I've been watching, but you're right I was forgetting stores like Walmart and Target. They do take her places, there are just a few they really harp on - like Dunkin and the post office, etc.

I remember now that they made a point of saying that she used to be very bothered in the big box groceries stores and now isn't as phased, which I suppose is good. I actually remember having an internal debate now over whether or not desensitizing her to something that won't be practical for her future was actually a good thing or not if it upset her that much or not. But there are a lot of things like that I don't feel informed enough to have a real opinion on because I don't have any firsthand experience with teenagers (or anyone) like Abbie. I am inclined to trust that JSA/Brandi know what they're doing and considers it a benefit for Abbie to be going to the stores, though, so if A&P are following through on that good for them. But I still think their style of speaking over her and ignoring her choices isn't beneficial to instilling any sense of "independence" in her.
My go to advice as far as going out in public with someone with extreme sensory issues is to only focus on things that are necessary - going to the doctor, going to stores if respite isn't available, etc. Abbie, however, is living in a two-parent home with access to respite and will never be in a position where she has to go to a grocery store. As far as A&P are concerned, I truly believe they are making Abbie go to places like Walmart and hockey games because a) they're delusional about her lack of future independence, b) they want vlog content, or c) both. In any case, exposure "therapy" is a hotly debated topic and one that many people (including myself) believe does more harm than good.

• Heart

Kermy

VIP Member
They were both working at the time without a lot of money with no speciality or even knowledge about ABA or the other therapies at the time. She also maybe didn’t even have her Medicaid waiver at the time, depending on when that was granted. Just how were they in anyway equipped to homeschool her?
Just found this article also which may explain the cut to 1 day a week from Brandi

"Their daughter has been able to receive services for the past five years. Three months ago, she stopped receiving help from Medicaid. "

They also claim she can shop and bathe herself in this article

It’s amazing, with Abigail she’s now able to go grocery shopping with us and she’s able to bath herself and do all of these life skills that many of us take for granted,” said Priscilla Maass.

FYI both from April 2019...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Stripe69

VIP Member
I remember the women who held her hand up, I think it was a therapist.

Minute marker 13.06 (or just thereafter), P mentions briefly Abbie’s ID diagnosis. First time I have heard them mention.

Also just saw the “out of snacks” tantrum on minute marker 17.42.
Why oh why do they pander to her. She has a full on tantrum because the sweets ran out and they are asking her what she needs. They should be sending her to her room. Imagine a grown woman having a tantrum , what will they do then.
I really can’t stand watching her it just makes me mad.

• Heart

SunnyDale

VIP Member
Sorry if I'm slow. Lol. Im not sure how this works. Do I just comment what's on my mind? Is so, then here goes. I believe in my experience of counseling with people, the maass family needs therapy. Especially the parents. They are really struggling with accepting the hard truth of their marriage, their daughter's mental condition and weight issues. I tried talking to Asa, but he has rejected the help. He has hidden my comments unfortunately.
Welcome to the family. He either blocks or shadow bans you if you say anything remotely negative in his eyes. That's how I found this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart

lovesis

VIP Member
What do you guys think about this?

I don’t really expect it because shes disabled.

But since they love Amazon so much, would it hurt to get something like this

For some reason they are against making things easier for Abbie. Someone suggested zip up bedding and they said they wouldn’t use them because that would defeat the purpose of her learning to make her bed. 💆‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart