Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
My guess would be that they try to focus on what would be a positive learning experience for every student even and just scale it that way. For Abbie, I think even just being out in social environments where teachers can try to instill some sense of what is appropriate/inappropriate in a store or work on letting her make choices probably does help her. She can learn to be patient when other students are doing things, or even just a bit of expanding her worldview by taking her to new places. We've all seen how absolute shit A&P are at that - under normal circumstances, the only places Abbie knows exist are coffee shops, bakeries, and the post office. And even in those places the family is all about giving her options and then ignoring her answer, all speaking to her at once, prompting different and confusing things, and ultimately teaching her nothing.
AnP actually do take Abbie out and about. I’ve seen them take her to the movies, hockey game, volleyball (summer’s) meets, waterparks, hiking, camping, Walmart, Target etc.

There is no expanding Abbie’s “worldview.” You can’t expand on what you don’t already possess.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
I tried looking it up and it’s extremely confusing. But when A&P talk about it in their vlogs for parents looking for help getting care and funding they always come off as they know the skinny (only skinny they know lol) on how to get every agency to pay top dollar. I mean the lemmings think they are being nice offering help but to me they come off sounding sleazy as like we know how to con every agency out of funds! Rubs hands together and both laugh like evil villains.
When Abbie was first placed on the waitlist, she would have had to qualify based on her disability. Her IDD would have actually immediately qualified her. If she just had Autism as a dx, she would have had many more hurdles to overcome to qualify. They usually use a baseline of daily living scores done through a psychologist and they have to be lower functioning, in so many areas...
Abbie would be a slam dunk case. She would have gotten a very small amount of respite hours (our state, it is 30 hours a month) back then and for the next 7 years, while was waiting for her long term Medicaid waiver...
Now that she has her full waiver, her hours are increased to over 120 hours per month.. Parents can push for more hours and there are emergency hours, that can be added too...
These services though are scrutinized like crazy...

Example: My case worker cannot find a respite worker(s) for three of my children and hasn’t been able to for 3 months now. We got hours right before this COVID mess started. We have to renew their hours for the next 3 months, at the end of the month but we haven’t used any hours, nor have assigned workers. My case manager is in hot water with the state. She is wanting me to drop their hours off and us to reapply for hours next month because if not, her company will be fined for not providing care..
It isn’t my fault. I have called her each week. My basic requirements are: 1-no smoking or heavy perfumes/colognes, 2-no swearing or playing inappropriate music around the kids, 3-being interactive with the kid(s) while they are in your care...
Did you know I had one respite worker show up for an interview and she walked out when my daughter asked her about going to Goodwill or playing with her dolls in her room.. The interviewee told the case manager (Her boss), she didn’t expect to have to really interact with the child she was suppose to be caring for... 😡🤬

• Wow
  • Angry

BloodyMermaid

That gif I posted of Zilla was in Jan.....

This photo is from yesterday’s vlog

If you’re having a hard time losing weight just say it. She wasted such a good opportunity to be relatable, weight loss or not.

She would rather waste her popularity recruiting for Slimelife.
She needs to recruit and make money because their YT lost a lot with the addapocalypse. I can’t find the video but there is one out there explaining how much YT people were making before and now after and it’s less than half what they once were. If they are worth a million dollars I’d be surprised, and that’s honestly not a lot. That doesn’t take you far these days. And 5k is the house. And the more I look into the house the more I find it’s worse than I said before. They are definitely pumping money into that house besides the mortgage because the house was built in 1926. We know they already had to replace the roof when they moved in and then that wasn’t even done right that had to be fixed again. And either they were to cheap or couldn’t afford to replace the fridge that was there, that one cost no joke around $10,000. They put in that mess that doesn’t match the kitchen. So I don’t believe they are living as large as they want people to believe. I think it’s smoke and mirrors at this point.

At least the virus is saving them from themselves at this point because they’d be pissing away money on a convention and who knows what other pointless trip. And Abbie would be terrorizing some unfortunate person yet again on the plane.

Last edited:
  • Wow

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
Sandy’s situation is weird and upsetting cause usually people crate their dogs during the first few weeks ... cause most people are not home during the day. These people have the privilege of being home all the time... they can still teach her manners and what areas of the house are accessible to her. I myself never got a dog because of the guilt I feel leaving a poor puppy at home during their first few months of life. This is another thing that shows how lazy they are and always take the easy way out.

• Heart

Hotographer512

VIP Member
I'm being half-serious and half sarcastic as well as curious when I say, is there a list of taboo topics we are not allowed to talk about?

Just curious as someone mentioned people were saying "gross things" yesterday and that description is really vague. 🤷‍♀️
Just to be clear, it wasn't said that people were saying "gross things".
Here is what Gambit said:
People are gross and moderators took care of it. I wouldn’t worry about it if you didn’t get any warning.
Big difference.
I am of the opinion that the majority of people here are not gross.
But I don't call people on this site names when I have a different opinion.
ANY way...
I felt compelled to clear that up because words and how we use them are apparently very important.

• Heart
  • Haha

Starflower

Is it worth trying to be fancy if you have to do this?

I have never understood why people set their tables with dishes they don’t use. Department stores do this to show how pretty a dinner party will look with dishes or the table (it’s an ad) so you buy them. Use the dishes P or put them away.

• Heart

blindfoldedbobcat

if I were Ms. Sheniqua or JSA reading this I'd be offended at what Tanya posted
Maybe they should homeschool her forever!! I was so irritated with Asa's sarcasam about his viewers' suggestions. Instead of saying thanks for taking time out to give your input, he has to get all salty. He knows everything, after all. How dare anyone contradict him. Asa thinks he's super smart, but smart people are open to new ideas.

• Heart

spacetrash

I cracked up at A announcing that he made croutons. Oh, you put bread in the oven? Well, i'll be damned! Can you get me the recipe for that, it sounds super complicated. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

therealamylynn

VIP Member
I was watching an older Vlog and I cannot believe my eyes. Can someone tell me how she is bending her neck this way?

1589767773307.png

• Wow
  • Sad

Sweetums

VIP Member
Oh, look, again, Assa bringing up how the dogs keep getting into the fertilizer because they like the poo stank. So.....is that why Ab keeps gravitating towards it and eating it Assa? Dang fool.

On the positive side, at least P was taking the time to have Ab put moisturizer on her face (at least that's what I think it was, kinda skipped around). They really need to do that every night with her, because I've noticed here lately, her skin just looks tired at times, and she's just 15, way too young for her skin to be having that look. Too bad, they're using slimelife skincare though. I bet the ingredients on that stuff is not the greatest.
Same! We havent been able to have in home therapy either, but the BIs have been calling me once a week for updates/ seeing what issues I've been having/ sending me emails on things I can do to distract and lower dangerous behaviours.

If brandi was checking in, I'm sure we would have seen it in the blogs. Strange that it's been radio silence. Brandi has been with her for years, isnt she wondering how she's been?
Brandi is probably glad for the break from the Asshole. Constantly breathing down both of their backs while she was trying to work one on one with Ab. And his CV onstant talking over both of them, like he knows better than Brandi does because its his child. Excuse me Asshole? Didn't you just throw in the towel on teaching your daughter for an hour a day because it was too hard for you and you were getting nowhere fast? Seemed to even start drinking more from the stress.Pushed the responsibility onto Becca because Summer was too preoccupied with whatever it is she is doing for you and still getting paid with taxpayers $? How convenienf for you to find someone to take over ALL THE THINGS you and Pig (not Isaiah) should have been workinv on all these years? Now when Absent still won't learn the very basic 15 years of skills from Becca, you can blame it all on her. Perfect.

Brandi is probably glad for the break from the Asshole. Constantly breathing down both of their backs while she was trying to work one on one with Ab. And his CV onstant talking over both of them, like he knows better than Brandi does because its his child. Excuse me Asshole? Didn't you just throw in the towel on teaching your daughter for an hour a day because it was too hard for you and you were getting nowhere fast? Seemed to even start drinking more from the stress.Pushed the responsibility onto Becca because Summer was too preoccupied with whatever it is she is doing for you and still getting paid with taxpayers $? How convenienf for you to find someone to take over ALL THE THINGS you and Pig (not Isaiah) should have been workinv on all these years? Now when Absent still won't learn the very basic 15 years of skills from Becca, you can blame it all on her. Perfect. All because you don't know hok w to follow through with anything. Just pay someone else to do it

• Heart

Elsie

Did you see her doing the chicken dance with ASSa? 🤦‍♀️ :m:m 🍗🐔😂😂😂
View attachment 133327
And her neck is gone again ...
After she lost some weight she began to look nice again, but look at her face now, same as it ever was.
I don't understand this woman. She's not even 40 !
The best years of her life she spent obese and eating like 10 lumberjacks after 4 month in the wood.
Many women would have been thankful for such an oppertunity, Mrs. Maassive prefers to look like a male elefant seal and eating her to death.

• Heart

Whimsical

VIP Member
Oh my gawd she is ridiculous... you'd think he was going off to war for wwII or something.
She called Isaiah her "oldest son"...that just sounds weird. He is her only son, right? :unsure:🤦‍♀️

Or...plot twist...does Isaiah have a younger twin brother, posing as Becca? 🤷‍♀️😂 😂 😂😂😂

Screenshot (1259).png

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Hannah'sMama

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all! Babes had her two week checkup & everything is looking great! Not bad for a twilight baby we thought was an impossibility!

I saw someone ask if autistic people can drink alcohol. The answer is yes, everyone can drink obviously. And it's not against the law. But how do you think Abbie would react to an alcoholic drink when she's legally old enough?
With some of the meds she is on she would probably become extremely cognitively impaired much faster than the average person. Alcohol could also amp up her anxiety which could lead to increased meltdowns and/or panic attacks.

• Heart

Hotographer512

VIP Member
They pushed to get her taken out of the life skills class at school. She’s in the advanced class for young adults that will probably get jobs when they move on from JSA or in Abbies case age out of the system. Unfortunately like I previously mentioned Abbie will never qualify for special needs employment, she needs too much prompting and supervision. They definitely should have kept her where she needed to be, but A&P still feel she will be independent one day. And JSA probably didn’t want to be sued or get into a big fight with them so they just placated the parents and moved her up.
I had forgotten about that!
Oh there is no way in hell Abbie is truthfully reaching goals in that program.
Money stuff? Really?
Abbie has no clue where is is or what is going on.
Would one of you people who have experience working with kids like Abbie, chime in and explain to me using small words, how the hell it would be possible to for Abbie to reach goals in a curriculum like this?
Thanks.