Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lovesis

VIP Member
When there’s a will, there’s a way.

In some of the old vlogs I’ve seen, P looked to just be a stay at home mom. So wtf? She wasn’t pulling 40 hrs a week the way she was on those vlogs. They could have also schooled her on the weekends. They could also have hired someone to do the homeschooling rather than just “respite.” Not gonna debate this, cause I’ve seen with my own two eyes that it can be done.
I don’t know. I find it hard to judge on the whole homeschooling thing. Public school is there for parents who can’t afford other alternatives. I don’t believe they were in the position to homeschool her back then. I do believe it wasn’t entirely up to the school to teach her though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
ETA: This time period (the mid/late 00's) began the rise of the "family" shows....."John and Kate Plus 8" that Duggar Family, Little People Big World, etc., and social media was really exploding. I have zero proof, just a feeling, but I think Asa's dream was getting a call from TLC.
I agree with ya. Seems we both witnessed the reality show “shift.” Remember “Deion and pillar”, Whitney and Bobby, Kimora and russel Simmons??? All the reality shows end up in divorce or some sort of devastation. Great revenue makers though ... but still.

• Haha

lovesis

VIP Member
Damn they deleted a popular leghumpers comment. She said “It will be ok Isaiah, atleast it’s not the 40s and you don’t have to go to war at 19” or something like that.

Also

She seemed to get visibly upset when he asked her to go to the bathroom. That was weird.
What was weird about it?

Gambit

Chatty Member
This is Lane Bryant's sizing chart..they don't have just a size 14 in tops, it's 14/16 ..it goes Bust , Waist, Lower hip.
They have as low as size 12 in some shirts and it depends on the style if it is blended (14/16) or straight sizes (12, 14, 16, etc).
It is vanity sizing- I wear 14 or 16 in Lane Bryant tops but wear a 1X or 16W-18W in other brands.

Dr. Loomis

The script is always changing eith them...
Yes, I remember the vlog, a long time ago, when P stated that they would eventually place Abbie within a home and I remembered seeing all the backlash that came with it..
In current days, they would never do this because Abbie is their bread winner. She makes the money that they pay their bills with.. They would never place her in a home, until she can no longer support them...
Now, I think the unrealistic goal, set up by lawyers and an insurance company that are riding their coat tails and taking as much money as they can in consulting fees and monthly premiums, is to allow Abbie to stay in the home... Isaiah would have POA over Abbie and her finances and care, with the will but wouldn’t have to handle the day-to-day care, or her accounts, as she would also have legal counsel handle those payments... Sadly, this plan is a grand illusion that will never happen.. They say that the other parent or both pass away together, will be the day Isaiah has to decide to either live with her forever or place her within a care facility.. The state will never allow Abbie to live in a home by herself, with just caregivers that are on payroll...
Exactly the state will never allow her to live alone with caregivers, hence why in I believe it was the other day in the vlog asa slips out, about not knowing what "age group" to put Abby in. He talks about it without realizing what just came out. But I agree with you. The state won't allow that. And I pray Isaiah goes against his parents wishes to take care of Abby.

KeepinItReal516

Chatty Member
Same!! I LOVE my crockpot!! 🥰🥰

I throw the food in before bed and it cooks overnight. Italian Beef, roasts, chili and more...love it! I also love our air fryer. I have not jumped on the instapot train yet! My future sister in law asked if we wanted one for Christmas this past year and we said no. She bought one for herself and her daughter, and they both love them...so it might be in my future, but I can't see myself ever giving up my crockpot anytime soon!
I love my instapot but that crockpot goes hard! Nothing like waking up in the morning and throwing stuff in there before work only to have a meal waiting for you when you get back. The air fryer is amazing too. I usually make wings in there and jalapeño poppers!

derr1117

VIP Member
If you watched an old vlog where Asa says, "YouTubers make a lot of money, I think he only had about 95 subs back when he started, this guy had plans already. They unfortunately erased a vlog where Priscilla says, they're going to put Abby in a group home eventually, because "we have to have a life too you guys" they received so much backlash for that vlog, and quickly changed Abby's future plans. Priscilla didn't have confidence for Asa going full time vlogger, but now with the new lifestyle, she's loving it, cuz again that's how she was raised, to exist and let others do for her.

The original vlog was erased due to they received a lot of backlash for it. At the old house, and when asa went full time his goal was to buy a forever home for her. BUT she is receiving SSI so it is still possible to out her in a group home after 26 or whatever the cut off age from JSA. The "forever home" is obviously for them.
in my past experience working in places like JSA, I didn’t think there was a cut off age. We had clients in their 50s. If JSA has an adult vocational program, she could possibly move into that when she’s at least 22. I don’t know Florida law but, I know where I used to work (was there for 15 yrs), we had jobs and taught job skills to the Abbies of the world

• Heart
He should definitely move away from that house especially if his college goes to distance learning for fall semester. In our state, all state and UC’s are doing distance learning for fall semester with talks of possibly through spring semester too. I couldn’t imagine trying to study in a house with noise constantly in the background.
And pay rent somewhere? He’s going to want dorm life. He is used to Abbie’s noises. He also gets home cooked meals, free coffee, & vlog benefits. If he had a job for 2+ yrs & was fiercely independent, then I could see him trying to find a house to move into. Life is at such a standstill. My son is saving $ by going local for 2 yrs. Many of his friends are doing this as well. But we already know it’ll be online only for my state.

Noir Fan

VIP Member
The crack chicken she made the other night has 7 carbs per serving, yes it would be keto but the calories per serving are about 700. And without looking back at the recipe I would say she had appx two servings. 1400 calories is my allotment for the day. I know she had more food that day. She isn't paying attention to calories or carbs. Grats on your loss. I did 53 lbs in about 7 mos and have maintained. I'm not super active and I eat prettymuch anything but I stay aware of my calories. I over indulge at the Holidays but I manage to take off what I gain.
Your calorie count is close to mine, and I also indulge on special occasions, buts it’s back to business the next day. Congrats on your loss! I feel if she and the family wanted it bad enough, they could get into shape.

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
She sold 3000 boxes at $38.00 each in 3 minutes? That's $114,000 😮 what is her commission on them at her level 30 plus percent? So she made $34,000 in 3 minutes? WTF.
Exactly the state will never allow her to live alone with caregivers, hence why in I believe it was the other day in the vlog asa slips out, about not knowing what "age group" to put Abby in. He talks about it without realizing what just came out. But I agree with you. The state won't allow that. And I pray Isaiah goes against his parents wishes to take care of Abby.
I really hope Isaiah chooses the best life for himself, bc he’s done, IMO he played 3rd caregiver his entire life, part of me thinks he’ll feel too guilty if he doesn’t take care of her, but it’s going to take a special significant other of his to live with that

This why I believe she will (Priscilla) will put Abby in a group home after JSA. they will be putting away money obviously. And since the child is on SSI it only makes sense to put her in a group home after JSA. I believe people are forgetting that Priscilla grew up with all the things and she is definitely not mother material according to her, it's not her jam and it's not where she shines
Asa would never allow it..maybe if he dies first

Whimsical

VIP Member
I actually thought that A &P had switched over the camera until it panned up and you saw it was A! It really could have been P!
Same!!!🤣😆

I was skipping around and not really paying attention to the vlog, as I only wanted to grab some screenshots of his large belly 🤷‍♀️😂😂.

I thought :mwas filming, to be honest!!

• Haha

Glowfish

Someone explain the sugar water please. That’s what we do here in the Texas Parts.

Hannah'sMama

Seriously you're going to make me ugly cry you just gave me so much info I feel like I've been begging for for two months since the shut down and honestly a little before then too.
Aw, babe! I'm so happy I could help! And trust me, you are doing an awesome job being so proactive for your little guy. I love working with parents like you - way too many of my clients over the years have been exactly like A&P and refuse to do any follow through at home. Just keep encouraging and gently challenging your son while trying different techniques and there's no doubt in my mind he'll continue to progress. And he's only 4 - he's got lots of time!

I would definitely look into doing some hand exercises, though, particularly gripping and pinching with a stress ball, and touching his thumb to each of his fingers (like making an 'o'). His OT might say his hand strength is okay, but writing especially uses very specific muscles and fatigue is very common.

• Heart
Reactions: 3