Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this article surfing around
In it is the following

"Now, Abigail, 12, can use some sign language to communicate, especially about her feelings. "

So basically just another thing they never followed through with
I was reading another link a few days back regarding their lawsuit, I will include the link at the bottom. 🙂
After reading the article, many questionable things jumped out at me.

This article was from when Abbie was 9. All of the complaints they had about her lack of learning are still issues today, and this is six years after this article was published. She really is not teachable, and the school knows it.

Autism or not, teaching begins at home. Truth be told, they have not bothered to parent her properly from the start. Imagine if they had put even a tiny bit of effort into consistently teaching routines at home, how different things might be now. Instead, they have created a monster.

Examples from the article...

"What is an appropriate education for a 9-year-old girl who is nonverbal because she has severe autism and is so developmentally delayed she is not potty-trained and will eat things that are not food?"
Six years later and she still is not potty trained and eats things that are not food.🤦‍♀️

"She has a tendency to wander off, can eat non-food objects, can throw tantrums and be aggressive, and scream or make grunts. She also can bite herself on her arms when she's upset, her parents say, and has never spoken and cannot read."
Six years later and she still does all of the above. 🤦‍♀️

"Abigail had not only failed to make progress after several years but had regressed in some areas of behavior at class, the judge said."
Six years later and from what we observed during their pathetic attempt to homeschool, she has again regressed and makes little or no progress. 🤦‍♀️

"One day, Abigail came home covered in ant bites; another day she had homemade Play-doh and sand on her clothes and might have put some in her mouth, her parents said. The judge said there was no evidence proving she ingested Play-doh."
Six years later and she is still dirty, and hello, she puts anything she can in her mouth and will try to eat anything, including dirt. 🤦‍♀️

Classroom doors and exterior gates were sometimes left open, even though Abigail was known to run away from adults.
This is the only thing so far I can agree with. 🤷‍♀️

In Abigail's case, the judge pointed out that her communication challenges might have been exacerbated by the school's unwillingness to get an iPad for her to communicate.

If they felt an iPad would have helped that much, why didn't ASSa and 🐷 just get her one? If she were my child, I would have done all I could to give her the best chance. Not these two boneheads, they just wanted to put the blame on everyone else. 🤦‍♀️

A Plea for Abigail's Learning

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I was reading another link a few days back regarding their lawsuit, I will include the link at the bottom. 🙂

This article was from when Abbie was 9. All of the complaints they had about her lack of learning are still issues today, and this is six years after this article was published. She really is not teachable, and the school knows it.

Autism or not, teaching begins at home. Truth be told, they have not bothered to parent her properly from the start. Imagine if they had put even a tiny bit of effort into consistently teaching routines at home, how different things might be now. Instead, they have created a monster.

"What is an appropriate education for a 9-year-old girl who is nonverbal because she has severe autism and is so developmentally delayed she is not potty-trained and will eat things that are not food?"
Six years later and she still is not potty trained and eats things that are not food.🤦‍♀️

"She has a tendency to wander off, can eat non-food objects, can throw tantrums and be aggressive, and scream or make grunts. She also can bite herself on her arms when she's upset, her parents say, and has never spoken and cannot read."

"Abigail had not only failed to make progress after several years but had regressed in some areas of behavior at class, the judge said."
Six years later and from what we observed during their pathetic attempt to homeschool, she has again regressed and makes little or no progress. 🤦‍♀️

"One day, Abigail came home covered in ant bites; another day she had homemade Play-doh and sand on her clothes and might have put some in her mouth, her parents said. The judge said there was no evidence proving she ingested Play-doh."
Six years later and she is still dirty, and hello, she puts anything she can in her mouth and will try to eat anything, including dirt. 🤦‍♀️

Classroom doors and exterior gates were sometimes left open, even though Abigail was known to run away from adults.

In Abigail's case, the judge pointed out that her communication challenges might have been exacerbated by the school's unwillingness to get an iPad for her to communicate.

If they felt an iPad would have helped that much, why didn't ASSa and 🐷 just get her one? If she were my child, I would have done all I could to give her the best chance. Not these two boneheads, they just wanted to put the blame on everyone else. 🤦‍♀️

Very well done.
Thank you for taking the time to do that!!
May I add, let's not forget, when they put Abbie into public school, she was neglected by the hambeasts at least 5 afternoons a week, 4-5 hours a day.
This was when a 7 year old was her primary caregiver in the back of a loud, gasoline smell, dirty, motorcycle repair shop.
We can only guess how her care was prior to this.
They suck.
IMO.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I think they can graduate from JSA, but it wouldnt be the same as a traditional high school diploma.

The article says Abbie is 12, and has been working with that person for 10 years.
That reporter/author dropped the ball.
ETA- I realize its older and Abbie was 12 then, but she hasnt been going to JSA since she was 2.
"It looks like she also may have had this teacher in the Duval County Public School system
"This all changed when she met Trina Middleton, a teacher with Duval County Public Schools."
The 10 years may or may not be wrong since no one really knows what kind of therapy etc Abbie actually had prior to JSA and with who

Reactions: 7
Counting calories and logging my food was the key to my success in losing 90 pounds in 18 months. It’s simple and it worked for me. I eat calories no matter what they are(carbs, fat, protein, etc.) and when I have my allotted calories for the day, I stop. For me, it’s all about pre-planning. Being proactive...and also being active. I know they can make something work for them. They are just not trying or caring.

Exactly..she makes those sales and gets the recruits directly from FA. My opinion and hunch.
The crack chicken she made the other night has 7 carbs per serving, yes it would be keto but the calories per serving are about 700. And without looking back at the recipe I would say she had appx two servings. 1400 calories is my allotment for the day. I know she had more food that day. She isn't paying attention to calories or carbs. Grats on your loss. I did 53 lbs in about 7 mos and have maintained. I'm not super active and I eat prettymuch anything but I stay aware of my calories. I over indulge at the Holidays but I manage to take off what I gain.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Totally agree..was going to post this link also but real life interrupted 🙄, don't you hate when that happens

• Haha
  • Heart

I've seen that article, its an eye-opener isnt it?
I've never understood why they thought she could be in a traditional classroom setting, and frankly, how they had the balls to even file a lawsuit, let alone win it.

Reactions: 13
The crack chicken she made the other night has 7 carbs per serving, yes it would be keto but the calories per serving are about 700. And without looking back at the recipe I would say she had appx two servings. 1400 calories is my allotment for the day. I know she had more food that day. She isn't paying attention to calories or carbs. Grats on your loss. I did 53 lbs in about 7 mos and have maintained. I'm not super active and I eat prett much anything but I stay aware of my calories. I over indulge at the Holidays but I manage to take off what I gain.
my wife wants to make that dish for dinner tomorrow night but using half the servings 🐷 uses. I’m scared y’all 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

👏👏👏👏👏👍 well done indeed

Reactions: 6
Let me know how it is. I want to make it too but we'd have to cut it in half as well.
Its actually pretty good, a popular LC recipe for sure. I do a mexican version and add a small can of tomatos and green chile and eat it over cauliflower rice, and another that I thin it out with heavy cream to make a sauce and add fresh mushrooms and green peppers and also serve it over the rice with dash of paprika.

I've seen that article, its an eye-opener isnt it?
I've never understood why they thought she could be in a traditional classroom setting, and frankly, how they had the balls to even file a lawsuit, let alone win it.
So wait ... she was in a regular classroom? They said that she was in a class with others who had disabilities... but that means a lot of things right? I think during my day it meant even kids with adhd and stuff... not IDD. They are complete idiots. If Isaiah won that iPad and they act like they can’t afford one, why didn’t they just give her the one he won at school for being so gifted? Sure your gifted child can understand that his parents ain’t tit and he has to continue to make sacrifices for their sake.
I still haven’t seen one video of him watching Abbie in the back of the shop... if anyone can recommend what title to google that would be great!

• Heart
The crack chicken she made the other night has 7 carbs per serving, yes it would be keto but the calories per serving are about 700. And without looking back at the recipe I would say she had appx two servings. 1400 calories is my allotment for the day. I know she had more food that day. She isn't paying attention to calories or carbs. Grats on your loss. I did 53 lbs in about 7 mos and have maintained. I'm not super active and I eat prettymuch anything but I stay aware of my calories. I over indulge at the Holidays but I manage to take off what I gain.
Kudos to you both 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So wait ... she was in a regular classroom? They said that she was in a class with others who had disabilities... but that means a lot of things right? I think during my day it meant even kids with adhd and stuff... not IDD. They are complete idiots. If Isaiah won that iPad and they act like they can’t afford one, why didn’t they just give her the one he won at school for being so gifted? Sure your gifted child can understand that his parents ain’t tit and he has to continue to make sacrifices for their sake.
I still haven’t seen one video of him watching Abbie in the back of the shop... if anyone can recommend what title to google that would be great!
I think she was in a special ed classroom but they weren’t following her IEP.

Six years ago, it seeemed like they had no Money. It wasn’t just about the iPad, but the speech software at the time was cost prohibitive.

I will post it if i come across it.
It's true.
It happened.
I didn't make it up.
😁

I will post it if i come across it.
It's true.
It happened.
I didn't make it up.
😁
Yep. I've never seen it in a vlog....dont think they filmed back then, but they talk about it all the time. Just a week or so ago Asa and Isaiah were talking about the movie "Happy Feet 2" and how they knew every word bc Abbie watched it in the shop over and over.

I've just come across this old vlog!
If any of you can't stand to watch it all (it's super short though).
Just go to 4:45 to see how some of those holes were made in the wall back in the old house!
The whole thing is worth a watch!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Your calorie count is close to mine, and I also indulge on special occasions, buts it’s back to business the next day. Congrats on your loss! I feel if she and the family wanted it bad enough, they could get into shape.

Reactions: 4
Yep. I've never seen it in a vlog....dont think they filmed back then, but they talk about it all the time. Just a week or so ago Asa and Isaiah were talking about the movie "Happy Feet 2" and how they knew every word bc Abbie watched it in the shop over and over.
He has clips of them in the backroom that he has peppered into a vlog or two.
I can't testify whether its video or a still shot but it exists.
It will just be hard to find because its just inserted into one of the vlogs.

I've just come across this old vlog!
If any of you can't stand to watch it all (it's super short though).
Just go to 4:45 to see how some of those holes were made in the wall back in the old house!
The whole thing is worth a watch!
"no one wants to change an 11 year olds diaper"...hmmm.. what about a 15 year old? I can't believe they were able to sue the school..and they won..is she any different now then she was then? Possibly worse?

In this Vid they all talk about her being able to do tasks by herself and some day being independent.. wonder if they still think that?

Does anyone have the article from where they sued the school?

None of us is privy to the settlement agreement but the way those things go, I feel safe saying that the lawyers made out better than the Massives. It could be an annuity payment or a lump sum.
It would have to have been millions of dollars either way and I highly doubt it was anywhere near even 1 million.
Even if it was, the lawyers got 1\3 of it.
I think that whatever they got was just enough to pay for JSA a few years then the YT money kicked in. Along with that and McKay Scholarship and now MLM scamming, it's all paid for.
But yeah.
Nobody knows the details of the settlement.
It's opinion and speculation.
Here’s an article that touches on the case:https://news.wjct.org/post/duval-family-takes-special-education-fight-social-media

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.