Fathering autism #21 Don't send fancy gifts to throw in the trash, just dunkin cards and l

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asshole's response to the negative comments!
He is making reference to every point we have brought up on here . If as he says people shouldnā€™t make judgement on the small portion of the day we see, then he needs to be mindful about what he puts in his vlogs. People can only draw conclusions from what they see.

I believe he completed one semester of college. I do think that educated people (especially women) intimidate him. He acts a damn fool. Iā€™ve heard him say ā€œweā€™re not therapistsā€ in several vlogs and just recently he referred to himself and P as ā€œtherapistsā€ since they have been doing ā€œhomeschool.ā€ Both him and P are dumb as hell and have found a way to exploit their daughter for money. What is the point of having money if you canā€™t even help your own kids? Watching this whole college thing for Isaiah go down shows how really invested they are in their kids. They love handouts ... Iā€™m sorry but they really do. They canā€™t even pay 20k OR LESS per year just to put Isaiah through college. They are so gross and disgusting. That school JSA needs to drop Abbie as a student because I have now seen with my own eyes what she is capable of doing and learning. I also canā€™t believe that the damn summer camp takes her in ... in my eyes she is a huge liability. But of course, all these places need the publicity and such... so they will welcome her with open arms.
We remortgaged our house to put our sons through university and have only recently recovered financially, it took us fourteen years to catch up. My eldest did get a scholarship but that was for his masters degree after he finished his first three years at uni.
They can afford it but wonā€™t pay for him. That bloody noddy car would have paid a good way towards it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yup and I wonder if that is why she doesn't get it. She is zonked out of her gourd.
I have held my tongue on this for a while but she is definitely over medicated with meds. This is why they make excuses for her sleeping during the day. Too bad they don't explore more natural means with medical MJ since they are in a legal state that includes Autism as one of the qualifying conditions. They tried CBD which isn't the same.
Iā€™ll say it again. Schofield 2.0

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The kid is either in the pool naked or jumping in with all her clothes on. OMG..I've said it before but I'm saying it again. I would never go in that pool.
If theyā€™re not in the pool daily (aside from rain) then anyone could probably guess that they have to wait 24-48 hrs for a poop cleanup! I canā€™t believe he shared how sheā€™s always taking her swimsuit off. She needs some serious consequences for that behavior & since she likely wouldnā€™t care if talked sternly to, as others have said, she needs consistency. Stop the snack rewards! Omg sheā€™s such a nightmare, that theyā€™ve created.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Asshole's response to the negative comments!
Or maybe Asa have someone in the pool with her and if she starts stripping tell her no and if she argues or continues, remove her from the pool. I mean you say Abbie "knows" the difference between a pool and a public place to not strip. So she will know when she's being removed from an activity that's not appropriate. What happens when the wetsuit idea doesn't work? A full diving suit and helmet?

Looks like Jack Nicholson in The Shining
I thought the exact same thing but I didn't say it. It's unsettling how she looks.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Or maybe Asa have someone in the pool with her and if she starts stripping tell her no and if she argues or continues, remove her from the pool. I mean you say Abbie "knows" the difference between a pool and a public place to not strip. So she will know when she's being removed from an activity that's not appropriate. What happens when the wetsuit idea doesn't work? A full diving suit and helmet?
Again a total lack of any form of discipline. If she is told off repeatedly it will sink in. She does understand quite a lot of what they say.

Reactions: 16
I was thinking back to the days when Brandy would come over & Abbie had to take out the bathroom garbage. I wonder if Brandy got tired of cleaning their house. She had likely SEEN ENOUGH! Why arenā€™t they having Brandy show up on Zoom at least once a week? There were also times that it looked like Brandy had to deal w/ their dirty dishes. (Yes, sometimes they used clean dishes too). Assa would be filming her while Brandy more or less cleaned. It always looked a bit awkward to me.

Is Isaiah seeking out the best scholarship deal & maybe rethinking App State? Arenā€™t all colleges going to be online only? I donā€™t think heā€™ll be moving into any dorm until maybe Fall 2021 at this point. Cv19 will ramp up come Fall again & Jan. dorm move inā€™s would be crazy. Iā€™ve got a future freshman & his school has announced online classes only. He should probably plan on staying local for Fall.

Reactions: 12
Asa's reason for that is it becomes a game for her and is "attention seeking behavior" which he doesn't want to give in to. I do agree she needs to be disciplined more. I remember when they first moved into the house and said that when she was coming in from school, they make sure she walks on the far side of the patio furniture to try to avoid her jumping into the pool.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Or maybe Asa have someone in the pool with her and if she starts stripping tell her no and if she argues or continues, remove her from the pool. I mean you say Abbie "knows" the difference between a pool and a public place to not strip. So she will know when she's being removed from an activity that's not appropriate. What happens when the wetsuit idea doesn't work? A full diving suit and helmet

Oh thatā€™s really made me laugh, a diving suit and a helmet Haha
Asa's reason for that is it becomes a game for her and is "attention seeking behavior" which he doesn't want to give in to. I do agree she needs to be disciplined more. I remember when they first moved into the house and said that when she was coming in from school, they make sure she walks on the far side of the patio furniture to try to avoid her jumping into the pool.
The problem for me is , he says if he acknowledges her behaviour she will carry on but if he ignores it she carries on anyway. So to his thinking sheā€™s allowed to do what she wants when she wants to.
What a crock.

Reactions: 14
All the words they are saying tells an awful lot. Asa lives vicariously through Isa's accolades. He keeps college in the vlog dialog because he wants to mention sucesses. I do not envy Isa. A caretaker is a terrible thing to be born into. I know because at eleven I was support, chief bartender and cooked dinner almost every night. I did grocery shopping.etc. All that does is makes a highly burdoned kid with zero real mental adulting skills. Does that make sense? I think i got burnt out on responsibility about when I hit forty. All I know is I got issues, and no tissues!

Now, for pooping in the pool. Fyi. A swim diaper only contains the chunks of poo. Microscopically there's tit in the pool. When my kids were drown proofed they were taught in a disabled swimming pool. Swim days were often cancelled if there'd been a poop incident. It would get shocked with chlorine, and the Health Dept would close the pool twenty four hours! It IS a big deal, and sucks the fun right out of a nice swim.

PS. Summer gets paid from the county, and its not Asa's buck.

Aside from the obvious, šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø what if she decides to piss or take a dump šŸ’©šŸ’©while in ā€œher poolā€šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®

God, these people are beyond disgusting.
She would pee or poo either way. She also still drinks the pool water as she pretend swims. I guess thats from her autism though. Yea right....

• Sick
On the pool issue, there is so much wrong..

I guarantee Abbie isnā€™t wearing an adult swim diaper. They are very expensive and are only cloth. Yes, they do make them and have to be speciality ordered from Amazon or certain companies. It doesnā€™t hold in the pee though and only helps poop but then there is a limit but you would be able to clearly tell she is wearing it because they are bulky...

Two, oh gosh the nakedness issue. It needs to stop. Like others have stated, Abbie doesnā€™t know the difference between her pool and say the pool at camp. If they are letting her swim naked at home, I can guarantee when she goes to camp, they will have a huge problem keeping her clothed.

Also, yes, some families do have problems with clothing, when children are smaller. As children on the spectrum learn discipline and consequences, they learn that being naked around their house and outside is inappropriate and that they must keep clothing on. This is done, so when they hit teenage years, they do not strip naked in front of others. As Isaiah is in the house, it is seen as protecting his innocence also, which A&P have never considered...

Yā€™all, it gets me... šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜”
Plus, yes, King Mighty Assa, every single commenter that posted about the neoprene issues with chlorine are completely correct. It is on every warning tag to never wear neophrene in chlorinated pools!!! Those suits also get very hot, quickly, in the Florida sun! I know, as I did scuba diving and when we got out of the ocean, we were always stripping the tops of our suits off, to be able to breath in the hot summer months. You can do this now but soon, it is going to be way to hot to make her wear them.. Abbie also canā€™t tell you that she is burning up hot...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
All the words they are saying tells an awful lot. Asa lives vicariously through Isa's accolades. He keeps college in the vlog dialog because he wants to mention sucesses. I do not envy Isa. A caretaker is a terrible thing to be born into. I know because at eleven I was support, chief bartender and cooked dinner almost every night. I did grocery shopping.etc. All that does is makes a highly burdoned kid with zero real mental adulting skills. Does that make sense? I think i got burnt out on responsibility about when I hit forty. All I know is I got issues, and no tissues!

Now, for pooping in the pool. Fyi. A swim diaper only contains the chunks of poo. Microscopically there's tit in the pool. When my kids were drown proofed they were taught in a disabled swimming pool. Swim days were often cancelled if there'd been a poop incident. It would get shocked with chlorine, and the Health Dept would close the pool twenty four hours! It IS a big deal, and sucks the fun right out of a nice swim.

PS. Summer gets paid from the county, and its not Asa's buck.
On the pool issue, there is so much wrong..

I guarantee Abbie isnā€™t wearing an adult swim diaper. They are very expensive and are only cloth. Yes, they do make them and have to be speciality ordered from Amazon or certain companies. It doesnā€™t hold in the pee though and only helps poop but then there is a limit but you would be able to clearly tell she is wearing it because they are bulky...

Two, oh gosh the nakedness issue. It needs to stop. Like others have stated, Abbie doesnā€™t know the difference between her pool and say the pool at camp. If they are letting her swim naked at home, I can guarantee when she goes to camp, they will have a huge problem keeping her clothed.

Also, yes, some families do have problems with clothing, when children are smaller. As children on the spectrum learn discipline and consequences, they learn that being naked around their house and outside is inappropriate and that they must keep clothing on. This is done, so when they hit teenage years, they do not strip naked in front of others. As Isaiah is in the house, it is seen as protecting his innocence also, which A&P have never considered...

Yā€™all, it gets me... šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜”
Plus, yes, King Mighty Assa, every single commenter that posted about the neoprene issues with chlorine are completely correct. It is on every warning tag to never wear neophrene in chlorinated pools!!! Those suits also get very hot, quickly, in the Florida sun! I know, as I did scuba diving and when we got out of the ocean, we were always stripping the tops of our suits off, to be able to breath in the hot summer months. You can do this now but soon, it is going to be way to hot to make her wear them.. Abbie also canā€™t tell you that she is burning up hot...
As far as her going to camp if they even have it this summer, she should not be allowed to go if she can't keep her suit on. Sorry Asshole and Pigsfly....you won't be able to dump her off for a week to get her out of your hair, lol. But I am sure that the mighty mighty Asshole will demand at least two special counselors be asdigne to her round the clock, or he will sue the entire camping organization. Afterall, Ab has autism and everyone around her must accept snd support everything she does. Even if it means the other campers are neglected because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is Isaiah seeking out the best scholarship deal & maybe rethinking App State? Arenā€™t all colleges going to be online only? I donā€™t think heā€™ll be moving into any dorm until maybe Fall 2021 at this point. Cv19 will ramp up come Fall again & Jan. dorm move inā€™s would be crazy. Iā€™ve got a future freshman & his school has announced online classes only. He should probably plan on staying local for Fall.
I don't think any official announcements for the fall have been made yet. I checked the App State site and it's only online through summer for now. My school hasn't announced anything yet either.

Reactions: 7
massive and fast weight loss from WLS ages you. Even if you put it back on
You are right @allthatnutters23...even if you lose massive amounts of weight WITHOUT WLS it ages you. Thats why doctors encourage you to lose a max of 2 pounds a week so that doesn't happen. I know that for sure as I have list and gained 100 pounds very quickly, at least 6 times in my life. I am now losing and keeping it off for good the healthy way. I'm too old for this tit. Lol.

I don't think any official announcements for the fall have been made yet. I checked the App State site and it's only online through summer for now. My school hasn't announced anything yet either.
Thats because they don't want to create any more panic than they allready have. GMA announced today the second round of a much worse Covid will arrive in June of this year because of people who refuse to follow the rules.

Reactions: 8
I really want to know details about the plan for Abbies care. They say the plan is for Abbie to live in "her" house with 24/7 care givers. And to whom will these workers report to? If Isaiah is in charge of just the finances as they claim...where is the oversight for her care? Who will monitor Abbies health? They also have to have an RN on the payroll because if they use Abbies Medicaid wavier, a respite worker can not give her meds. I am sure an LSW will be assigned by Medicaid to pop in, but I still do not see how they think having her live alone with respite workers is safe. Do they think that these people may never take her anywhere and be unable to handle her? Take her to a friends and sit unhappily? Or potentially a predatory situation? Not knocking respite workers, but a GED is all you need.
Idk...just seeing how little progress is being made has me concerned for her future. Too many checks. Not enough balance. I never thought I'd say this but I think they should start looking for a safe group home setting for Abbie as she approaches adulthood. At this point it may even benefit her. They are teaching her nothing, and the fact that Asa shrugs off the nudity shows hes not even thinking of her future safety.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.