Fathering autism #21 Don't send fancy gifts to throw in the trash, just dunkin cards and l

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was always under the impression that it wasn’t good for your hair to tie it tightly when it’s wet, is it me imagining things
@Stripe69 it isn't good to tie wet or dry hair back so tightly. I know someone who has long hair, and has always tied it so tight for years and has an extremely reseeding (?) hairline because of it. What is the sense of having long hair but never wearing it down. I don't get it.

Reactions: 9
I don't understand this....why would they bring her to stay in a hotel on the beach just to sit down and stim the whole time and be a pain when it was her time to "surf"?? Why spend money on all that tit just to do tit that you can do at home???
Wtf was that supposed to be. It’s the same as when JSA had talent night and her talent was to dance. When it came to her turn she just stood there and then ran off and everyone was saying “great dance , good job “ and she literally did nothing. It’s the people who keep saying all this rubbish that frustrates me, pretending she can surf , pretending that she danced. They know we can see that she doesn’t do these things, he must think everyone is as stupid as the leghumpers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not watching theatre but enjoying my Judy Garland TV Show DVDs. Now that’s someone I would have loved to see in concert, along with Frank Sinatra, and of course, the Beatles. Call me old fashioned but to me that was true talent. I also would love to see Barbra Streisand. I can’t sing, dance, or play an instrument, but I love music.
Old fashioned? I would die to see the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Prince and many others live! Especially at Red Rocks. I did see where the Beatles carved their name in the “backstage” stairwell at Red Rocks when they played back in the 60s.

Edit:: I meant I saw where they carved their name in the backstage red rocks stairwell some years ago. Did not see “them.”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not watching theatre but enjoying my Judy Garland TV Show DVDs. Now that’s someone I would have loved to see in concert, along with Frank Sinatra, and of course, the Beatles. Call me old fashioned but to me that was true talent. I also would love to see Barbra Streisand. I can’t sing, dance, or play an instrument, but I love music.
My mom sang with the Dorsey Brothers in the 1940's so grew up with big band music all the time...I love that type music. My niece likes "oldies" music from the 70's and 80's, I keep reminding her that it's not oldies to all people 🙄🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Old fashioned? I would die to see the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Prince and many others live! Especially at Red Rocks. I did see where the Beatles carved their name in the “backstage” stairwell at Red Rocks when they played back in the 60s.
I did see the Monkees, The Beach Boys, Fleetwood Mac, etc in my younger days! So much fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't know any company that is going to hire a person just to stand over Abigail to do hand over hand prompting for her the entire time.(That's what would be needed for her to hold down any job.) She will NEVER have a real job without their being some kind of catch. (Working for a family member or a job that is for severely mentally handicapped people.) Unfortunately, they are dreaming if they think that she will ever have a real job. I honestly do believe that Asa and the big lady may believe that a company may go out of their way to hire someone just to shadow Abigail but, we all know that they live in a fantasy world. They BELIEVE that their daughter is that special but, in reality, she just isn't. (Just my opinion.)
in my past experience, no company would hire someone with autism or other DD unless a job coach was with them the entire time they were there. that's how many of my past clients were able to go to work. our big selling point was that someone like me would be with them the entire time so they wouldn't have to supervise the clients

Hi everyone! :)
So today Asa announces Abbie just keeps getting naked in the pool. But Asa is ok with it, its "her" pool. No. Just freaking no. I do not care if she is unaware of social norms- that idiot is, and it is not "ok" in any way shape or form to sit around while your 15 yr old daughter swims naked. Its not the same as taking a bath or shower. Its not ok to do in front of her brother and "bestie". He did have her in the wet suit, but he seemed almost bummed about it. And that takes my creeper scale up a notch.
I know I'm going back a while but just catching up and wante to play devils advocate on this, I grew up with an inground heated pool in our backyard, out in the country and well into the woods. Often when it rained or it was a particularly hot night my family and I would go skinny dipping in it, it was dark (other than the underwater light) there's no possible way anyone outside of the 4 of us could see and it just didn't make sense to put swimsuits on and get em all wet late at night. I never thought anything of it, but I remember it coming up in passing and my friends thinking it was gross but honestly I never cared, none of us cared, we just liked to lay in the water and watch the rain or cool off or just have a quick dip for fun. No big deal in my opinion at least.

Reactions: 2
My mom sang with the Dorsey Brothers in the 1940's so grew up with big band music all the time...I love that type music. My niece likes "oldies" music from the 70's and 80's, I keep reminding her that it's not oldies to all people 🙄🤣
Wow!

Reactions: 2

Edit:: I meant I saw where they carved their name in the backstage red rocks stairwell some years ago. Did not see “them.”
OMG The Beatles! I am a rock girl with a smattering of older hip-hop for flavor....but I WISH I had been able to see The Beatles too. "Meet The Beatles" remains my favorite album of all time. I did get to see McCartney in Detroit in 94. It was amazing! I saw Prince in 1985 when he was still touring for "Purple Rain". I was 14. My mother did NOT know lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5
OMG The Beatles! I am a rock girl with a smattering of older hip-hop for flavor....but I WISH I had been able to see The Beatles too. "Meet The Beatles" remains my favorite album of all time. I did get to see McCartney in Detroit in 94. It was amazing! I saw Prince in 1985 when he was still touring for "Purple Rain". I was 14. My mother did NOT know lol
Prince was touring a few years before he passed...and I wanted to go. The tickets were like $300 but it was at an intimate venue. I was so tempted... but I was still in my 20s and kinda broke, so I didn’t go. Worst decision I ever made.

• Sad
I know I'm going back a while but just catching up and wante to play devils advocate on this, I grew up with an inground heated pool in our backyard, out in the country and well into the woods. Often when it rained or it was a particularly hot night my family and I would go skinny dipping in it, it was dark (other than the underwater light) there's no possible way anyone outside of the 4 of us could see and it just didn't make sense to put swimsuits on and get em all wet late at night. I never thought anything of it, but I remember it coming up in passing and my friends thinking it was gross but honestly I never cared, none of us cared, we just liked to lay in the water and watch the rain or cool off or just have a quick dip for fun. No big deal in my opinion at least.
I feel like there is a big difference between knowingly choosing to skinny dip in the dark and someone not knowing when it is appropriate to run around naked because of severe intellectual disabilities.

Abbie doesn't know it is not appropriate to remove clothes at home or most likely in the public.

Reactions: 17
Prince was touring a few years before he passed...and I wanted to go. The tickets were like $300 but it was at an intimate venue. I was so tempted... but I was still in my 20s and kinda broke, so I didn’t go. Worst decision I ever made.
Arent prices insane?! I cant even count the concerts I've been to. As a teen in the 80's concerts were the thing to do. And CHEAP. When Guns N Roses got back together a few years ago and hit the road I paid $425. But I had to. When I was a hormonal teen there was nothing more I wanted in life than Axl Rose, lol. The baddest bad boy and batshit crazy. He's old and chunky now but it didnt matter. I screamed and sang my voice away that night. :love: :love:

• Heart
I saw Bob Dylan in Detroit when I was in college. He was so stoned he couldn't sing his own songs.
Other than that, Peter, Paul & Mary, classical music, Lilith Fair, Loreena McKennitt when I was younger.
Now I'm a Gretchen Peters and Mary Gauthier fan. And live jazz in NOLA.
Also some German bands here and there.

(We fly the geek flag high at my house.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Arent prices insane?! I cant even count the concerts I've been to. As a teen in the 80's concerts were the thing to do. And CHEAP. When Guns N Roses got back together a few years ago and hit the road I paid $425. But I had to. When I was a hormonal teen there was nothing more I wanted in life than Axl Rose, lol. The baddest bad boy and batshit crazy. He's old and chunky now but it didnt matter. I screamed and sang my voice away that night. :love: :love:
Prices are stupid insane. I actually keep all my tickets but that is becoming less of a thing as I start to rely on the apps. With prices being so crazy, I always think it’s better to go to at least 1-2 festivals and then some other shows per year.

2013 I had the honor of seeing Red Hot Chili Peppers at Coachella (amongst others such as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)😍😍😍 it was day 3 and there was a bad sand storm that rolled in. They were the headliners that night ... I’ll never forget being scarfed up watching an iconic set like that... I mean we could barely see them due to the sand in our eyes but just being there was so amazing. We called it “sandstorm chella.”

I don't understand this....why would they bring her to stay in a hotel on the beach just to sit down and stim the whole time and be a pain when it was her time to "surf"?? Why spend money on all that tit just to do tit that you can do at home???
i think it's a 2 day affair

I saw Bob Dylan in Detroit when I was in college. He was so stoned he couldn't sing his own songs.
Other than that, Peter, Paul & Mary, classical music, Lilith Fair, Loreena McKennitt when I was younger.
Now I'm a Gretchen Peters and Mary Gauthier fan. And live jazz in NOLA.
Also some German bands here and there.

(We fly the geek flag high at my house.)
Haha ... Bob Dylan is the man too! I love “Stuck inside in mobile with Memphis blues.” Also love the NOLA vibes ... other than the haunted nature of that place lol.

he said as he was walking that he couldn't run as far as he wanted to

Priscilla struggles as a mother because she's upset that she can't have a normal mother/daughter relationship with Abbie like Asa can with Isiah
yeah that's what he said...but he claimed he ran 3/4. I call BS. He lies about everything why should this be any different. No way he got his huge gut running more than a few yards.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.