Fathering autism #21 Don't send fancy gifts to throw in the trash, just dunkin cards and l

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The leghumpers go nuts about 'how long and pretty her hair is' Now it long. And how šŸ· should never have it cut!
you gotta be freakin kidding me...
We are more folk/indie music and theater (Shakespeare geeks) people. I really miss getting out and hearing live music and seeing live performances. Even a movie with subtitles would do at the moment. Just anything that forces me to focus on the moment and has no "pause" button.
I am country music! Folk is good. Some real rock is good too.

Reactions: 4
My son works for the English National Ballet. ( he is a programmer not a dancer ) lol
I'm glad I got my theatre fix when I was in the UK in December. Luckily I saw SIX while I was there because my opening night tickets for NYC are sitting in a drawer šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Is Abbieā€™s hair beyond silky that not a goddamn hair tie in the world can hold it together? I donā€™t get it. These people kill me. Obviously she canā€™t put up her hair when it comes undone ... can Summer at least be designated for this purpose? Goddamn
In one vlog Asa said that he needed to learn to do the french braid because the rubber bands were breaking Abbie's hair. If he would use cloth hair ties instead of just plain rubberbands he wouldnt have to worry about it breaking her hair so easily.

Reactions: 13
I don't understand this....why would they bring her to stay in a hotel on the beach just to sit down and stim the whole time and be a pain when it was her time to "surf"?? Why spend money on all that tit just to do tit that you can do at home???

Reactions: 12
Pigsfly and Asshole better hope Ab never stands near a fan and starts her head banging cuz that long greasy stringy hair wil be gone along with half of her scalp.Also having her hair down in the pool is a huge red flag because of whatever filters are along the side. And they won't be able to put any bandaids on her scalp because she wont let them. I really think that most of the reason she rocks like a maniac in the car, etc., is because she likes the feel of her hair swinging against her face. She watches her hair when she does it.

• Heart
  • Wow
I agree. I donā€™t see the point of it as the next time she does the task she has forgotten how to do it. Someone once suggested that she could maybe fill salt pots or something similar as a little job but to be fair that would require a person to stand over her and with Abbieā€™s lack of concentration it would not be feasible. As a side note to this there is also all the boogers to consider.
When I worked for a direct mail company we had a group of developmentally disabled people come in with a supervisor from their group home each day and stuff catalogs into plastic bags and put them in boxes. It was a way for them to be productive and earn some money as well. But they were all verbal and were not on the level Abbie is. I can say from working in a company that employed these people that people with Abbie's level of IDD would not do well. It was a full day work for them with a lunch break. Abbie would break into tantrums and need constant redirecting one on one. I don't know what if anything she will be able to do as a "job" much less be independent as Asa and Cilla keep saying.

In one vlog Asa said that he needed to learn to do the french braid because the rubber bands were breaking Abbie's hair. If he would use cloth hair ties instead of just plain rubberbands he wouldnt have to worry about it breaking her hair so easily.
She probably would pull out the smoother bands. I still say just cut it. It almost always looks messy. She's been known to eat her hair. Cut in a pixie would solve all of those problems. And she's cute enough to get away with a super short cut like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was always under the impression that it wasnā€™t good for your hair to tie it tightly when itā€™s wet, is it me imagining things

Reactions: 5
She probably would pull out the smoother bands. I still say just cut it. It almost always looks messy. She's been known to eat her hair. Cut in a pixie would solve all of those problems. And she's cute enough to get away with a super short cut like that.
Definitely. Also, the Florida sun does a job on anyone's hair. If she is swimming and they aren't washing the chlorine out, the combination of the two makes hair brittle. I get the ends cut off of mine at least every six months because otherwise my hair just looks like crap. Also can't mix hair color or perms with sun and chlorine. (Or at least the women in my family can't.) This falls under the category of things you just know if you've live in Florida for a while.

Reactions: 9
I do not trust a person who doesn't look me in the eye when speaking to me. Looking around..shifting and moving their body and tone of voice can nail a liar most of the time. Watch for eye and mouth twitches too. The gig is up when your body language screams, "Every word out of my mouth is a load of crapola and I even lie to myself because I just know you believe this drivel." Hmmmm do we know anyone like that?šŸ’©

• Heart
A simple google search would have told them maybe a Golden Retriever was not the dog for them.

ā€œIf you don't want to deal with...

• Providing a goodly amount of exercise
  • Exuberant jumping, especially when young
  • Mouthiness -- chewing on things, carrying things around
  • Regular brushing and combing to avoid mats and tangles
  • Heavy shedding
  • A distinctive doggy odor
  • Concerns about a multitude of serious health problems
A Golden Retriever may not be right for you.ā€
They should not have a dog, let alone, two. They never take them out for proper walks, they have no garden for them to run in. If they were in the UK they would have been reported to the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty for Animals).
I don't understand this....why would they bring her to stay in a hotel on the beach just to sit down and stim the whole time and be a pain when it was her time to "surf"?? Why spend money on all that tit just to do tit that you can do at home???
Especially when he said the event was in their home town of Jacksonville - just squandering money...

Reactions: 10
I agree. I donā€™t see the point of it as the next time she does the task she has forgotten how to do it. Someone once suggested that she could maybe fill salt pots or something similar as a little job but to be fair that would require a person to stand over her and with Abbieā€™s lack of concentration it would not be feasible. As a side note to this there is also all the boogers to consider.
I don't know any company that is going to hire a person just to stand over Abigail to do hand over hand prompting for her the entire time.(That's what would be needed for her to hold down any job.) She will NEVER have a real job without their being some kind of catch. (Working for a family member or a job that is for severely mentally handicapped people.) Unfortunately, they are dreaming if they think that she will ever have a real job. I honestly do believe that Asa and the big lady may believe that a company may go out of their way to hire someone just to shadow Abigail but, we all know that they live in a fantasy world. They BELIEVE that their daughter is that special but, in reality, she just isn't. (Just my opinion.)

Reactions: 10
I was always under the impression that it wasnā€™t good for your hair to tie it tightly when itā€™s wet, is it me imagining things
No, I follow the same thing you said about not thing too right when wet. But they can at least tidy it up in a lose pony tail. Most of the time her hair looks like tit even when itā€™s dry.

Reactions: 3
I was a job coach for autistic kids and adults. my company believed that those like abbie could do anything

Reactions: 2
I'm glad I got my theatre fix when I was in the UK in December. Luckily I saw SIX while I was there because my opening night tickets for NYC are sitting in a drawer šŸ˜¢
Not watching theatre but enjoying my Judy Garland TV Show DVDs. Now thatā€™s someone I would have loved to see in concert, along with Frank Sinatra, and of course, the Beatles. Call me old fashioned but to me that was true talent. I also would love to see Barbra Streisand. I canā€™t sing, dance, or play an instrument, but I love music.

Reactions: 8
Do you feel that the schooling that her parents are doing is beneficial to her? I mostly see them having her put pennies in a jar and matching colors. I feel they're lacking in so much they could be working with her on.

Can I just say how much I love this saying?
its busy work to keep her occupied. where I worked we did the same thing

I am country music! Folk is good. Some real rock is good too.
I am a death metal lover!! I've never really been into country or folk music but, here and there I will hear a country song that sounds good to me.

They should not have a dog, let alone, two. They never take them out for proper walks, they have no garden for them to run in. If they were in the UK they would have been reported to the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty for Animals).
Especially when he said the event was in their home town of Jacksonville - just squandering money...
Yep!!! This family just loves unnecessary tit, don't they?? Every single one of them just love it!

• Heart
Ii was looking forward to seeing King Diamond. Orange Goblin. Possessor. and Judas Priest. All cancelled ā˜¹
Edit... And W.A.S.P šŸ¤˜šŸ½šŸ¤˜šŸ½šŸ¤˜šŸ½šŸ¤˜šŸ½
Only thing good is getting money back from the canceled shows. Ugh. But it still hurts. Damn you COVID 19!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.