Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly why I said a papoose board restraint is for emergencies only. Of course they would papoose her for an ER visit, personally I cannot see just because she is limping she needs to go urgent care. It can be dealt with at home.

If you have a patient that needs care but is out of control, the Dr decides on the severity of the illness or injury then choose restraint or sedation.

We had kids come all the time with emergencies from an abscess to broken teeth to knocked out teeth. We are trained to take care of them and I can assure you so are ER personnel. They don't get angry at disabled people in need of care.

All human beings deserve special treatment when they are ill. I am assuming your child was not at ER but rather at a DR's office just for regular shots? Totally different than someone coming into ER. It's just not the same animal. I bet nurses have held Abbie down for shots too at her regular check ups.

We also should not all agree like we are in a brainwashed tattle cult. We are different people with different backgrounds and should be able to disagree without someone getting all butt hurt about it.
We can agree to disagree. My (then)23 month old grandson nearly died from spinal meningitis in Jan. In between convulsing from fever he was scared, combative and unmanageable. The nurses had to get lines in. There was no time for papoosing or gentle touch. He was held firmly and sedated. What could he have communicated to them anyway at 23 months old? Onset of symptoms? What could a non- verbal Abbie communicate in a real medical emergency? Im glad they didnt pussy foot around. He was life-flighted out of our local ER not 25 minutes later. My analogy of my childs immunizations was simply, if something needs done, do it. But for you to compare a broken tooth in a dental office to a medical emergency in an ER? Not even close.
And Abbie must not being having too much blood drawn, since Brandis whole focus before the virus started was desensitizing Abbie to having a tourniquet put on her arm, rubbing the alcohol pad, showing her the needle, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What?! Hahahaha!! Where did you get that notion from anything that was said in my comment?! Hahahaha!!! I said, I dont know of any doctor that would put up with the bullshit for very long before they would sedate her or ask her to leave. (Put her to sleep or go somewhere else.) Where does it say that she shouldn't be able to get medical care??????? Please find that part bc, I'm having trouble finding it. Do you know of any doctor that would sit for hours with one patient just to try and look at a cut on their foot?? Do you know of any doctor that would put other patients on hold for hours, possibly days, to try and look at a cut????? I don't. For something that small (a cut), I don't know anyone that will put that much unnecessary effort into trying to just get a glimpse of it.
No need to even go to Dr for a cut foot, they aren't going to take her in for that.

But if they did take her to ER, no, they do not ask or tell people to leave because they aren't cooperating especially disabled severely IDD children. Sedation does not mean "put her to sleep". Dr's do not give up on patients (especially disabled children!!!), they don't get angry, they don't claim they don't have time for this. There are hundreds of thousands of patients with behaviors like Abbie and practitioners are trained to work with them, Abbie is not some strange unstudied animal, she is just plastered all over the internet. I have worked with many patients like Abbie.

You can wish that to be true until the cows come home but it still will not make it true.

Reactions: 9
7.57 i've never seen it before. You made my day!
😬😂😂😂
Thanks for posting this video. I actually enjoyed watching both of them. What happened to you Asa? This is how you used to be. And not one yell.

Reactions: 6
We can agree to disagree. My (then)23 month old grandson nearly died from spinal meningitis in Jan. In between convulsing from fever he was scared, combative and unmanageable. The nurses had to get lines in. There was no time for papoosing or gentle touch. He was held firmly and sedated. What could he have communicated to them anyway at 23 months old? Onset of symptoms? What could a non- verbal Abbie communicate in a real medical emergency? Im glad they didnt pussy foot around. He was life-flighted out of our local ER not 25 minutes later. My analogy of my childs immunizations was simply, if something needs done, do it. But for you to compare a broken tooth in a dental office to a medical emergency in an ER? Not even close.
And Abbie must not being having too much blood drawn, since Brandis whole focus before the virus started was desensitizing Abbie to having a tourniquet put on her arm, rubbing the alcohol pad, showing her the needle, etc.
What disagreement...I do not see any . I said emergencies and what happened to your grandson was an emergency. Dr's assess, then decide between restraint or sedation and they tried with your grandson , then chose sedation and that seems appropriate. Pretty much what I said so what exactly are we disagreeing on?

Kids can die from an abcess and I wasn't comparing emergencies, ER personnel decide on the level at triage. The 3 Drs in the team I worked with took turns to be on call and we went to the ER many times. Regardless if a child comes in with a knocked out or broken tooth (especially if it is down to the nerve), we assess them and choose restraint or sedation.

Reactions: 3
Great post!! (I edited it bc, I read it back to myself after it posted and it didn't really make any sense. I'm horrible at proofreading my own tit!)

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Reactions: 2
I have her on ignore but will continue to post about her. Oh yeah, did I tell you I have her on ignore? BTW...you should try ignore. Hey...do you guys know about ignore? I have someone on ignore. That just cracks me up.

I have noticed Abbie doesn't appear to be wearing those big pull ups anymore. I wonder what they are doing...using a smaller depends type product or what? I mean we mentioned so many times about that fat pull up showing out of her leggings. I also have not seen her sign for the bathroom...is she using the pool?

Oh yeah...let me tell you about the ignore feature....

Nice edit ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I was teetering on this theory but am now fully convinced that Amanda Lee is a fake account for Priscilla. Look at that comment and tell me that you can't just HEAR her voice saying that.
It does look suspicious, doesn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You are one tough “broad”. Lol! 😎 I am anything but.

I kinda am...and I have said it before "self righteous old witch" :ROFLMAO:.

I'm old...I have daily pain...and I have seen a lot in my years on this planet that made me hardened. I worked with so many neglected, abused, disabled, difficult children and families...it does harden you a bit.

I am like Ouiser Boudreaux. Hey...maybe I need a new avatar!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Triage, safety, and respect for a person's dignity are the most important things in any medical situation. What me & PhartBlossom are trying to say (I think - I don't want to put words in your mouth, PB!) is that physical and/or chemical restraint (which definitely doesn't have to involve knocking someone out - give them a hit of nitrous and they'll probably be pretty happy) should only be used in emergency situations as a last resort. I mean, people with special needs aside, if a dude hopped up on PCP with massive head injuries comes in they're gonna have to do something.

I think most of us are on the same page. We just have to make sure we're holding medical professionals to high standards in terms of patient care. Same thing goes with teachers, caregivers, police (don't get me started), and anyone else that works with vulnerable populations. All of them need to know how to de-escalate a tense situation rather than ramp it up. Does that make sense? I'm definitely not meaning to throw medical professionals under the bus - I know a lot of them are amazing at their job. There just needs to be more sensitivity training (I guess?) about challenging patients. I don't expect anyone to take abuse, even from people with special needs.

• Heart
Just going to weigh in again about the ER etc conversation. Alot of areas in the US do not have professional paramedics, they are volunteer with enough training to get you to a hospital and maybe if you're lucky have someone who can start an IV for meds otherwise they call medivac for something more serious. TBH A &P would have to bring her to ER themselves if the system is volunteer where they are
Once there she would need sedation before she even walked in the door not because she is IDD but because she could hurt herself more and other people.
Nowhere did I read in any statement from any poster that said NO NO NO treatment for Abbie unless I'm missing something.
I've been in the ER 3 times in 6 days and noone was turned away.
At this point it's beating a dead horse, again my disclaimer, just my opinion so feel free to disagree I won't be upset
Thank you. No, I never said she shouldn't receive treatment. My comment was the only comment that I even spoke about the topic in. (So, your not missing anything, that was it.) I'm not really sure why folks are attempting to twist the meaning of the comment. There was no hidden meaning behind it. I have never said she doesn't deserve medical treatment. Thank you, my friend.

I have her on ignore but will continue to post about her. Oh yeah, did I tell you I have her on ignore? BTW...you should try ignore. Hey...do you guys know about ignore? I have someone on ignore. That just cracks me up.

I have noticed Abbie doesn't appear to be wearing those big pull ups anymore. I wonder what they are doing...using a smaller depends type product or what? I mean we mentioned so many times about that fat pull up showing out of her leggings. I also have not seen her sign for the bathroom...is she using the pool?

Oh yeah...let me tell you about the ignore feature....

Nice edit ;)
I think she's wearing pull ups in this shot. You can see them below the leg of her bathing suit. I don't know how much they are toileting her. They may have them on her in the pool just to be on the safe side or because they just keep her in them. This was taken from the Vlog from yesterday.

pull ups.jpg

Reactions: 11
Odd observation here but has anyone noticed ever since the video of A admitting to having another kid, he’s been wearing a wedding band? I notice P doesn’t (I’m assuming with the fluctuations in her weight it may be pointless to attempt to wear a ring that may fit then not fit then fit)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I think that sometimes she uses her stims to get her way or get out of doing something she does not want to do. She's clever.
Well she's learned if she does something enough then they will give in. They are lazy parents.

Reactions: 12
Lol like I said yesterday, when Summer closed her video, she went right back to it. That girl has some sense.
I think she has sense about things she wants to do but, that's about it. Just my opinion.

• Heart
Triage, safety, and respect for a person's dignity are the most important things in any medical situation. What me & PhartBlossom are trying to say (I think - I don't want to put words in your mouth, PB!) is that physical and/or chemical restraint (which definitely doesn't have to involve knocking someone out - give them a hit of nitrous and they'll probably be pretty happy) should only be used in emergency situations as a last resort. I mean, people with special needs aside, if a dude hopped up on PCP with massive head injuries comes in they're gonna have to do something.

I think most of us are on the same page. We just have to make sure we're holding medical professionals to high standards in terms of patient care. Same thing goes with teachers, caregivers, police (don't get me started), and anyone else that works with vulnerable populations. All of them need to know how to de-escalate a tense situation rather than ramp it up. Does that make sense? I'm definitely not meaning to throw medical professionals under the bus - I know a lot of them are amazing at their job. There just needs to be more sensitivity training (I guess?) about challenging patients. I don't expect anyone to take abuse, even from people with special needs.
That's what I was trying to say, totally agree.

This is just my opinion but what I see with some members is such a hate for this family including Abbie that they wish she couldn't get treatment, they wish the Dr would send them away and say they don't have time for behaviors like Abbies. But that is just not true and Abbie is not the single worst IDD person in the world, there are tens of thousands just like her. But they have different families, parents, caregivers so they will be slightly different but many are as incapable of understanding and learning as she is. They deserve quality care and respect.

This is a dang tattle site talking tit..... is not chicken soup for the soul for Christ's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd observation here but has anyone noticed ever since the video of A admitting to having another kid, he’s been wearing a wedding band? I notice P doesn’t (I’m assuming with the fluctuations in her weight it may be pointless to attempt to wear a ring that may fit then not fit then fit)
I noticed it looks like she has a new wedding band. Asa probably bought it for her after the tell all video on his first daughter.

wedding band.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think, heaven help her, she has no clue about anything. I don’t have any dislike for Abbie...just a vast amount of pity. I also don’t have seething hate for the family - just disgust about the fact that money went to their head. Humbleness went out the window.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.