Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The difference is that they look worse

again I dont think pricilla is smart enough to make a fan account to respond to people also how could she if she's working all the time???? Cmon guys. Amanda lee is just on her same level of idiocy.
Maybe Amanda Lee is.....Summer!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
What is it with the sideways selfie does it run in the family? They look idiotic.

Nevermind I found the answer. :rolleyes: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/386...stantly-more-attractive-according-to-science/

View attachment 121729
Her mother is the saddest looking sack.
I would bet mothering wasn't her jam either.
She does not look like the nurturing type at ALL.
Nor does she cone across that way in the vlogs.
The capacity to love gene must have been missing in that bloodline.
These people are weird af.
IMO

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
You said it so much better than me! Thank you for your posts! X
I was going to reply but didn't know how to explain, since I've tried lots of times on this forum to explain how behaviour is communication, but most people on here seem to be NT and suffer from a term I've coined; Neurotypical Bias.
#PleaseDontAblesplainStimmingToAutisticPeople lol!
:)
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way because I enjoy your posts. You don't have to be autistic to stim and not everyone who isn't autistic is "typical." We all know what it's like to stim. I hate to use Asa's examples, but clicking a pen or tapping your foot...a form of stimming, right? I have always swung scissors around my fingers when I'm alone and bored (weird, right?).
Also, I still don't have answers to what was/is wrong with me (I didn't speak in most situations as a child, though I could speak) but I very much wish I was "typical", but I never will be. I know you didn't mean anything by that so I apologize for going down that route. I guess I am just saying that there are all different kinds of problems besides autism. Why label people? I don't like this exclusive vibe from some in the autism community that only they would understand how it feels. Someone here made a good point that we get mixed messages. First that if you've met one person with autism, you've only met ONE person and no two are the same. The second that the parents should ask an autistic person because they would know how it feels. To me it seems like a world of difference between a high functioning autistic person and someone at Abbie's level. I know it's a spectrum, but the two ends don't look the same at all.

She’s annoying....

It looks like she smeared some foundation type makeup under her eyes. Is that what the make up is, or is it a lotion meant to reduce the dark circles?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What is it with the sideways selfie does it run in the family? They look idiotic.

Nevermind I found the answer. :rolleyes: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/386...stantly-more-attractive-according-to-science/

View attachment 121729
Her lips don’t look crooked here & these are good colors for her. But that’s a horrible color on her mom. Red lips just bring a focus to the lips. So one better look good & have nice lips to wear it! I honestly thought someone here added a (bad) pic of her mom.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
These fans truly are pathetic ppl. Just really weak individuals.
Someone gave out their physical address, which creeped them out when they first moved in, but it was stuff that a lady had put a lot of heart and soul into, but doesn’t show in any of the vlogs, but it turning up made Asss very anxious about fanzies popping by🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone gave out their physical address, which creeped them out when they first moved in, but it was stuff that a lady had put a lot of heart and soul into, but doesn’t show in any of the vlogs, but it turning up made Asss very anxious about fanzies popping by🤡
It's easy enough to find on the internet

Reactions: 7
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way because I enjoy your posts. You don't have to be autistic to stim and not everyone who isn't autistic is "typical." We all know what it's like to stim. I hate to use Asa's examples, but clicking a pen or tapping your foot...a form of stimming, right? I have always swung scissors around my fingers when I'm alone and bored (weird, right?).
Also, I still don't have answers to what was/is wrong with me (I didn't speak in most situations as a child, though I could speak) but I very much wish I was "typical", but I never will be. I know you didn't mean anything by that so I apologize for going down that route. I guess I am just saying that there are all different kinds of problems besides autism. Why label people? I don't like this exclusive vibe from some in the autism community that only they would understand how it feels. Someone here made a good point that we get mixed messages. First that if you've met one person with autism, you've only met ONE person and no two are the same. The second that the parents should ask an autistic person because they would know how it feels. To me it seems like a world of difference between a high functioning autistic person and someone at Abbie's level. I know it's a spectrum, but the two ends don't look the same at all.
THIS! While I do appreciate insight from actual autistic people people - it's important to get as fully informed opinion from all sides as you can. I run into a bit of an issue when something is said like "I'm autistic and if a,b, or c happened to me, I would be very upset by it or I would find it insulting or oppressive.". To be clear, I'm not suggesting that that would not be your experience but more specifically that it is your experience.
You may be on a different spot on the ASD spectrum and some of your symptoms may be less pronounced or less severe than Abbie's. In addition, things that may bother & upset you would not necessarily bother & upset Abbie.
I agree that it is two drastically different situations between where Abbie is and where a high functioning/low support needs individual is. Yes, there is a shared diagnosis of autism but there are so many variables and differences in intensity and severity. This is not to say that you can't relate or identify w. Abbie at all. Just that there are many differences that affect how things should be handled. The way you would want things to be handled in your situation is fundamentally different if you are a high functioning/low support needs person vs Abbie with her profound IDD and high support needs/low functioning.

***EDIT*** - none of this is meant to say that people should keep their experiences/opinions to themselves. Not at all. It's just about having perspective and that to remember what is true for one person w/ autism is not going to be true for others.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
After watching this today again...I have a couple of takeaways.
1. Unbelievable that big P didnt pull over to help her daughter herself with the bloody nose. Instead she giggled that the school took care of everything. (remember mothering ain't her jam)
2. Big Prilly needs to feel important. Head of the PTA and shes talking all about the big awards banquet
3. She really thinks she's some kinda cute as evidenced by her dancing moves in the car. Oh she thinks she's cute...omg.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
He showed that he hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing and how thoughtless he is towards Abbie. And as for them standing around laughing I thought that was awful and disrespectful. They should have been looking to try and find out what was causing this. I agree that the light and the acoustics in the kitchen are too much for her. They could use a lamp when shes in the room and they could put kitchen mats on the floor in the kitchen.
I suffer from Vertigo, the room spins like you had a drunken night out, sometimes it lasts for days, just even thinking Abbie could of been dizzy in the kitchen made me feel for her, and not being able to verbalize it in anyway, that’s sad

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Is Lauren brazen adopted? I am sorry but she looks nothing like her mother it’s weird

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tysm for your post in reply to me x
Yes that's absolutely true that you don't have to be autistic to stim, Carly Fleischmann explains it best in an interview she did on TV where she explained that everyone stims, like clicking a pen or twirling their hair, but the issue is that while those ones are considered "acceptable stims" by the vast majority - which is absolutely fine - anytime when a *different* stim is shown, or a more "atypical" one, such as rocking back and forwards (even gently) or flapping hands ,etc, is when people often get weirded out and try to stop it, because "it's not one of those 'normal' stims that everyone else does". Hopefully that makes sense? :)
Also sorry about giving off the "exclusive vibe"...I completely see what you mean :( It is completely, easily possible to emphasise with stigma, sensory overload, and being outcast, no matter whether you have a disability or not. But the main reason why lots of autistic adults are trying to make it clear that they are the real experts, is because of assholes like the person our entire forum topic surround's...Assa Requa Maass..the king of the bleeping world, and the know-it-all-be-all about autism - SARCASM!
It's true that when you mean one autistic person, you've met one, just like when you meet any person with any kinds of disability, they are individual and unique. However, autistic people do generally share many traits and experiences with each other. I can't count how many times I've read something and gone, "Wait! That's NORMAL?! YAY!" This is due to common and shared experiences. Even though people experience a situation differently, like some sounds might bother one person but not others, for instance, but yet they can still see and understand what could've caused the meltdown and know how to help the person, or at least have a better idea than NT's who have probably *never* experience such a heightened state of discomfort, like A$$a. Also, they know what it could feel like to have a camera in your face in such moments, and to have it all over the internet.

Rot in hell, Asa Maass.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's true that when you mean one autistic person, you've met one, just like when you meet any person with any kinds of disability, they are individual and unique. However, autistic people do generally share many traits and experiences with each other. I can't count how many times I've read something and gone, "Wait! That's NORMAL?! YAY!" This is due to common and shared experiences. Even though people experience a situation differently, like some sounds might bother one person but not others, for instance, but yet they can still see and understand what could've caused the meltdown and know how to help the person, or at least have a better idea than NT's who have probably *never* experience such a heightened state of discomfort, like A$$a. Also, they know what it could feel like to have a camera in your face in such moments, and to have it all over the internet.
Wonderfully put!

And this whole phenomenon exists pretty much in every type of 'in-group' whether based on race, gender, sexuality, whatever. Most (not all) cis women will experience having a period at some point in our lives. Our individual experience of our own period may look very different from another particular person's, but there are also definitely certain things that most of us have had occur - cramps, mood swings, anger at tampon commercials for putting their models in white bikinis. The thing to keep in mind is to allow for certain shared experiences while not stereotyping.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.