Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
I have wondered that too. 😆
Or just don't get vlogged at all...which is understandable, except their motto is anything for the vlog, IMO.
She really has never liked 🐖cilla, has she? 😆
It really is as if Abbie was left to her own devices with only minimal human contact. IMO.
Wait? Where they "have" been and where they are "now"???
Abbie STILL has these days...
Again, Priscilla points exact at Abbie (which is completely rude to do at any child). She takes her eyes off Abbie constantly during this time. She allows Abbie chances to correct but then doesn't watch her until she is grabbed again... Then at one point, she pulls Abbie to her, so of course, Abbie grabs at her again... Lastly, P is laughing!! Laughing at what is going on.. Seriously?!? Your daughter is violently pulling your hair and causing a scene and you laugh? No wonder Abbie acts the way she does...

Also, please don't get much about the leash... It was the grounding portion for Maverick and I have seen these used many times... When my boys were age 2-6, we use the backpack leashes because they would take off in opposite directions and it would be very dangerous because they would pull away from my husband and myself (and sometimes, I was just by myself, with my 2 girls also)... So, it was the only way we could safely get out of the house but we rarely used them but for emergency situations, when I forgot to get something from a store and had to go by myself or we had a rare trip out to the zoo or somewhere bigger that we chanced them running off and not easily located..

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Aec

I think Summer had more of a cousinly love type bond with Abbie, before she moved in. Helping out for a couple hours wasn’t so bad, since she’d still be able to have a life of her own. As for Becca, I’m not convinced she’s not stoned.
Pricilla had my blood boiling. How are you really going to look at your severely special needs child and ask them if they want to get on the strangers boat and go for a ride? If it was me, that family would be underwater. If I was a bystander, Pricilla would be underwater too. Just because a seemingly friendly family with children rides their boat up to you, does not at all mean they are safe, kind humans. Sex traffickers use children all the time to coax people into a false sense of security.
How are these sponsors not picking up on this families red flags? Only Pricilla and Asa could sit in the vehicle and feed Abbie whole munchkins, while providing commentary about how they stick to her mouth, and could potentially be a choking hazard, and I wouldn’t be the least bit taken by surprise. I get Pricilla has this new body confidence, and good for her. But she’s flaunting it in the wrong way. She needs to be focusing on lifting weights and setting a better example for not only herself, but other viewers. Her neck, legs and arms are still massive. These parties they keep throwing are ridiculous, it’s great Isaiah had a glow stick party, but cringeworthy as hell that Pricilla was dancing with a bunch of 17-18year olds. They claim all of this is for Abbie, where are the kids from her class? Why haven’t they been invited over. They claim that Abbie functions as a child, but turn around and claim all of her behaviors are that of a typical teen. What type of typical teen shreds her pull ups, and plays in her own fecal matter? The hockey game was just ridiculous. I would have not of functioned that well either. Especially bringing her in when the stadium was pretty much filled and the game was close to starting so everything was in full effect. Also I agree with everyone about the head rocking, it makes me nervous to watch. She damn near head butted Pricilla which, was enjoying to watch because Pricilla decided to duck her head in close to Abbie’s rocking head to give her some fake affection. Like she acted as if she’s never interacted with Abbie and that while she’s rocking her head back so violently side to side, maybe isn’t the best time to weirdly try to touch her hair.

• Heart

jadedandcaffeinated

I've always thought that, as well. It seems to overwhelm Abbie having multiple people telling her what to do and telling her good job at the same time. Asa is always preaching about Abbie's sensory processing issues, well HELLO. Three different people prompting her and praising her simultaneously is definitely sensory overload. Then they don't seem to understand why Abbie starts to get upset and doesn't want to complete the task. I recall Brandi saying a few times to do the least amount of verbal prompting and use hand signals/signing. I think this is not only so that Abbie will begin to do more tasks without help but also so that she doesn't get so overwhelmed.
I've noticed when they talk with her they also use a lot of junk filler phrases instead of keeping things simple and clear. Instead of "Abbie, would you like this? or this?" they'll say things like "we gotta make a decision!" "Let's decide what you want!" "Come on you like these!" All sorts of phrases that aren't clear about what is being asked of her and aren't helpful. That's just one example but they do it a LOT. I sometimes want to yell at them to just STFU and let her process. Talking at her more using phrases she hasn't learned well is going to make her so confused.

And then when they ask her to make a decision they NEVER LET HER ACTUALLY MAKE THE DECISION. It's always "Oh you don't want that!" "You'd like this better!" Like how is she supposed to understand choosing if they never let her actually do it??

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
I looked up the Limelife makeup thing...it is SO a pyramid scheme!!

I agree about how they treat Abbie seems to be making her regress. They need to talk TO her, not about her...and stop laughing when she does something she should not do.

This waste...the food they threw away when she cleaned the fridge was unbelievable!

Coffee....OMG! They have a coffee pot, don't they? Why drive to a store to buy 5 $5 coffees at least twice a day? That's hundreds of dollars a week on coffee! Not to mention the sugar and calories in that stuff. no wonder they have weight issues.

This family is constantly stuffing their faces with high calorie, high fat, high sugar foods and the only one who is restricted is Abbie. If they would restrict themselves they way they do her....they would not be so obese.

• Haha

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Its all excess. Excess fat. Excess food. Excess waste. Excess "all the mfn things"!
They thrive on excess.
Speaking of excess....
How do we get a Lauren Brazee thread going??

• Haha
  • Heart
I find it so damn comical this whole speech about LiFtInG EaCh oThEr Up yet when there is a "hate/controversial" comment they are the first to go off and make some snarky passive aggressive comment back that tip toes around the actual comment. Saying we don't have to hate on each other because of different opinions and views yet if your opinion and view does not match theirs and you leave a comment they delete it. "That's what makes the world go round guys. It cost 0$ to be kind" - Priscilla for president y'all

Everything that comes out of their damn mouth is hypocritical.

Also that whole speech I got "addressing the third child vibes".

• Heart
  • Haha

Noir Fan

VIP Member
It makes me wonder how they will cope in the future when they are older and she is much bigger and stronger. I couldn’t cope with it and I am sorry if that offends anyone but I am just being honest.
I couldn’t do it either.

Cbj

Asa has created a bad situation. I feel for Isiah. You could tell he was prompted as how to act out his part. He seems like a good kid and I wish him the best... Asa better have a good explanation and sadly, I don’t think there is one .

Baymaus

Chatty Member
I can't find what I posted earlier. I'm not blocked yet though. My husband's comment on her rant was that she never mentions siblings as caregivers. Totally dissed her son and every other sibling out there and a case in point of why siblings feel invisible.
We live near where one if the meetups was. I asked him if he wanted to go. Just to say we had. He said he would want to go, but just be there in the restaurant before it started. And then at some random point walk over, give Asa firm handshake, hang on a little too long while he asks how his third child is doing.

Sorry for the double post.... I don't have children and yet I can do girls hair. My husband's niece stays with us a couple of nights a month and just by having her in my life for the past 5 years, I've gotten good at it. Tells me that P spends less time with her own child than I do my niece.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Hotographer512

VIP Member
@Sam-I-Am - your mention of a helmet earlier reminded me that 🐖cilla claims that she wore one herself when she allegedly read books to Abbie.
Evidence that she's never had good sense, IMO.
Of course Abbie should be wearing the helmet but it wouldn't be about 🐖cilla if she did. Afterall, when you're a narcissistic martyr - you do you.
I am really surprised that Abbie hasn't bashed her head in and or really hurt another person with that rocking.
I am not intending to be mean when I say this, but she's really like a feral child in just about every way.
It's so sad and wrong to exploit her the way they do.

Morningstar

Comment on Attachment of The Picture Post. I told myself I was going to stop commenting on A&P. But I looked into that innocent, trusting face and when I read the words trying to make money..I cried. Why? Because she is a toddler trapped in a teen aged body and every emotion she has is for sale. She is a precious child of God and I suspect that when He saw this He cried too.

• Heart
  • Sad

KateK

VIP Member
Exactly our point! It was for content only. They set her completely up for a meltdown. Asa knew she would go into a meltdown because they used high power tools at his work place, when the roof was done and he knew they would need them to do the flooring. He literally set that all up, just to show it on camera..
Also, yes, he didn’t need to go into Autism Awareness with someone that didn’t even speak his own language, trying to butcher theirs, etc... If he did, he should have talked with the company before they came out and had it addressed... There was no reason to do it, when those guys just wanted to finish as fast as possible and go home.. He literally was holding them up from doing their job and I hope they either charged them more and/or the Maass Family gave them a great tip for the awesome job they did on the floor...
I felt so embarrassed when he tried to teach the construction guys about autism..I had to skip passed that part. Why in the world would he think they were interested? Just shows how he thinks the entire world should revolve around his family and their disability..seems to me he is doing more harm for autism awareness then good.

jadedandcaffeinated

I wonder what JSA really feels about the Maass's and Abbie's progress. Asa was bragging about how well she is doing and all the accomplishments.. is that really how it went? It could be that JSA wants to continue with the $$$ coming from the Maass's so they will kiss their A**ss and tell them anything.

I wonder if JSA would prefer to highlight a student who is actually showing real progress? Do they worry that their blogging can affect them in a negative way?
I honestly think it's pretty irresponsible that they openly say which school she goes to and show the building/entrances/sign-in process. It would be so easy for someone who is unstable or obsessed with them to find it and go try to get in. It's 100% a safety concern. I'm super curious what the staff have to say about them. I'm sure they see a lot more of the ugly than we're shown on the vlogs.

I'm willing to bet the staff that meet with them give "compliment sandwiches" to stroke Asa and P's ego while trying to get them to wake the fuck up and care for their daughter. I've dealt with families like this across all types of childcare and it's always a balancing act of praising them and walking on eggshells to actually get anything done. I'm sure they have to be careful because he's litigious and they don't want to lose money.

Pink Marshmallow

VIP Member
Around 14:30 of the newest vlog he is standing infront of the three girls including Abbie and is talking ABOUT abbie while she is right there. That's the first red flag I had with that family is how they talk about her while she is right there rather than engaging with her while talking about her like you would a neurotypical toddler for example. It's just rude
This always pisses me off, too. They do it constantly. For example, if Abbie has made a mess/destroyed something/had an accident... A & P discuss how to handle it and what to do with Abbie right in front of her as if she's not there. In my opinion, it might be one of the only ways they actually acknowledge her IDD. They think she isn't capable of understanding what they're talking about so that makes it okay to talk about her like she isn't there. I mean, they are partially right. More than likely she doesn't understand 100% of what they're saying, but she knows enough to know they're talking about her.
Her school told them they need to engage with her more. The most they engage with her is confined to the following few sentences: "How was your day, sweet girl?" "Do you want something to eat?" "Do you want music?" and maybe a couple others. The rest is telling her not to do something, to stop doing something, or to tell her she has to do something even tho she's shaking her head 'no'. Oh, forgot a big one "You just ate, you don't need more food."

omg Abbie's yelling toward the end of the latest video ("Mom Needs a Break") when everyone is trying to eat their dinner. That's got to be one of the hardest things about being around her. Here's an interesting video about how one autism family found a solution for their son's screaming. of course, i'm not saying they should do this for Abbie (and autism advocates were REALLY upset about this), but it's interesting.

On a side note, Summer's forced laugh and resting bitch face make her almost as hard to watch as Abbie!
To be fair, the kid in this video has a far harsher shriek/scream than Abbie does. The parents also said it interfered with his ability to do things as well. Abbie is still able to do things while yelling. Don't misunderstand me, it would still definitely make me go crazy to have to deal with Abbie's constant yelling. Something else Abbie has in common with the kid in the video is that part of why she yells is for the sensation in her throat. That goes along with her gagging stim. I found it to be an interesting idea that this surgery could make the stims (or tics as they referred to them in the video) less satisfying and would discourage the person from doing it.

Exactly! Also, I am surprised they haven’t been having Abbie tested every 3 years. Insurance, programs, etc., usually require updated paperwork and usually won’t accept anything over 3 years old and would require new psych reports..
I also am one that definitely agrees IDD will probably come out as her primary diagnosis then. Autism may or may not be secondary (she may just be listed as having characteristics of Autism)...
Also, they cannot even apply for guardianship until Abbie is 17-1/2 years old. It is something any attorney would tell them and her psych report at that time, has to be dated within the last year. Also, at the end of the day, even with full guardianship, it still can be abused or not taken as valid. They think this is the “all encompassing answer” but their legal battles just started, as Abbie becomes an adult.. I know plenty that have had to fight hospitals to take guardianship paperwork and let the parents make medical decisions (even with it being granted both medical power of attorney and full guardianship). It also has to be constantly updated too.. I am not saying it isn’t something that they need to do but they are way early to talking about it right now and they seem to be really lazy and I can see the paperwork constantly expiring and they just don’t care..
I feel like they have been sticking with Abbie's first diagnosis (meaning the first time she was diagnosed, not her primary diagnosis) and never gotten it updated. When they've shown early videos of Abbie, she definitely did appear to be more on the autism side of things. It's beyond obvious that as she's gotten older, her primary diagnosis is IDD. I think A & P just don't want to accept that autism is not her primary diagnosis. Autism is increasingly becoming more and more accepted in society as opposed to IDD. I think they're in for a rude awakening when they do get her diagnosis updated.

Last edited:

jadedandcaffeinated

How many times have they been late to school?? I guess being late doesn't matter as long as they get their dunkies! It's so disruptive and I'm sure it puts her morning school routine out of order. I can't imagine how frustrated and annoyed all the teachers at that school are with them.

• Heart

lovesis

VIP Member
Oh look at them with their Apple Watches. Living the high life. Can keep up with their fancy electronics, but can’t keep up with Abbies IPad.