Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a quick note. I left a reply to a comment and it wasn’t even a bit off colour and it’s been removed. They really don’t show a true picture of what people say in the comments.
I can remember Asa saying it’s not all unicorns and rainbows and we like to show the reality. Hardly , as they remove comments that they don’t like.
Yep. I replied a few months ago based on personal experience and it was removed.

Good possibility but I can only imagine the one still living, having to scramble and fight to get the insurance policy to pay up, before they pass, all the while, trying to take care of Abbie and pay on their own policy...
There are no “short cuts in life” and especially with a special needs child. I can only imagine that eventually the house will be sold and they have downgraded back into a house like the rental. The power bill, taxes and upkeep alone, would take Abbie’s modest social security benefits and there would still be a balance owed. Isiah is going to wise up one day and figure out that he can’t keep it up either. He is also going to want that freedom away...
I don’t want to think about what would happen one day, with my own kids but even my true HF Aspergers kid (that hopefully will become a doctor), I would never place on that child, the burden of taking care of another child, currently right at “teenage years” and not potty trained...
It isn’t fair for Isiah and it isn’t fair for Abbie. Isiah shouldn’t be forced to do that care and they should be making sure, the state has systems set up for her and lobbying for changes, if they don’t (which can be done, our state does a “pay follows the individual” and even living at home, their care workers are paid)...

It isn't fair and also not healthy to care for a sibling that way. I have no idea what it would be like to have a child that was disabled and needed lifelong care. I witness my parents deal with it, which may be as close as you can get to it without actually going through it. My brother is high functioning, but because he wasn't diagnosed as a child missed out on services that might have helped him be able to do more. But in the end, my brother is not my child. I am also younger, so I wasn't around when he was little. I didn't understand he was autistic until I was older. Then I saw aspects of him that my parents did not see. I still do. I can get him to do more than my parents can (bathe, keep his little apartment clean, take his cat to the vet, manage his money....), so I am in contact with him more.

Totally agree on the house not being affordable long term for Abbie. When we went looking, it took some time to find the condo we found. It is TINY, near the things he needs and enjoys, near public transit, energy efficient, and the condo fee is less than 5% of his monthly income. The taxes are also very low. Worst case I could pay them, even long term, and maintain my own home. My biggest fear is that he would have to face the world alone. My parents are elderly and I am in my forties.

(I know this a thread about FA, but this is the kind of stuff I was hoping would come up in their content. The hardest thing right now isn't coping with the finances or arranging for the help. It is feeling alone.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Are they running out of content? Priscilla made sure to let the viewers know that Abbie just isn’t interested in things as much now than when she was younger. Basically they said they did all the autism related stuff when she was younger.

Todays great topic: Do you put sour cream on your chili?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yep. I replied a few months ago based on personal experience and it was removed.

It isn't fair and also not healthy to care for a sibling that way. I have no idea what it would be like to have a child that was disabled and needed lifelong care. I witness my parents deal with it, which may be as close as you can get to it without actually going through it. My brother is high functioning, but because he wasn't diagnosed as a child missed out on services that might have helped him be able to do more. But in the end, my brother is not my child. I am also younger, so I wasn't around when he was little. I didn't understand he was autistic until I was older. Then I saw aspects of him that my parents did not see. I still do. I can get him to do more than my parents can (bathe, keep his little apartment clean, take his cat to the vet, manage his money....), so I am in contact with him more.

Totally agree on the house not being affordable long term for Abbie. When we went looking, it took some time to find the condo we found. It is TINY, near the things he needs and enjoys, near public transit, energy efficient, and the condo fee is less than 5% of his monthly income. The taxes are also very low. Worst case I could pay them, even long term, and maintain my own home. My biggest fear is that he would have to face the world alone. My parents are elderly and I am in my forties.

(I know this a thread about FA, but this is the kind of stuff I was hoping would come up in their content. The hardest thing right now isn't coping with the finances or arranging for the help. It is feeling alone.)
This is not meant to sound rude at all, but I know a high functioning Aspie & your brother sounds low functioning (doesn’t work?, has to be reminded to bathe...) Sorry to hear autism has also affected your family.

And about those original bathroom doors, if Abbie has been crashing into ANY door, then w t h. Better parenting, better consequences needed. And that new lock leaves a gap. I suppose Abbie doesn’t care to peek in, but still. How intrusive of her. So he was talking about 1 screw (hook & eye closure) vs 3 screws basically. Yeah...if she crashes into the door, it won’t take long to really do some damage to those doors & original trim. Maybe a rubber door wedge thing on the floor would help prevent some damage? She’s a handful!

Reactions: 5
Are they running out of content? Priscilla made sure to let the viewers know that Abbie just isn’t interested in things as much now than when she was younger. Basically they said they did all the autism related stuff when she was younger.

Todays great topic: Do you put sour cream on your chili?
I wanted to comment that a healthier alternative would be greek yogurt. But then, the chili probably isn't made with lean ground meat, no sodium tomatoes and other healthy choices, so it would be like having a diet Coke with a Bigmac.

• Haha
And about those original bathroom doors, if Abbie has been crashing into ANY door, then w t h. Better parenting, better consequences needed. And that new lock leaves a gap. I suppose Abbie doesn’t care to peek in, but still. How intrusive of her. So he was talking about 1 screw (hook & eye closure) vs 3 screws basically. Yeah...if she crashes into the door, it won’t take long to really do some damage to those doors & original trim. Maybe a rubber door wedge thing on the floor would help prevent some damage? She’s a handful!
Does Abbie know how to open a door? I think someone here mentioned something about muscle weakness.

I think he was being dramatic about her barging in the bathroom. If this is true why did it take until Summer was there to fix that. They didn’t care she was barging in the bathroom before?

This is not meant to sound rude at all, but I know a high functioning Aspie & your brother sounds low functioning (doesn’t work?, has to be reminded to bathe...) Sorry to hear autism has also affected your family.
I'm not actually sure where he falls in all of this. He was diagnosed late and is almost to retirement age now. That makes it hard to filter out what is autism, what was caused by the lack of services, and what has been caused by a lack of consequences from my parents. I don't actually remind him on a regular basis to do any of his self care stuff. I do remind him that if he can't manage to live on his own and take care of himself, he needs to consider the alternatives. And one of those alternative is not living with me. My husband says I am like a cross between Sheldon Cooper's mother and sister.
Thanks. As nice as it is to talk to people who also deal with autism, I wish there were fewer of us.

I think he was being dramatic about her barging in the bathroom. If this is true why did it take until Summer was there for them to fix that. They didn’t care she was barging in the bathroom before?
Reminds me of the car modification to keep her from kicking P when she was driving. Or the way they protect P when she is riding in back with Abbie. As long as she was hitting her brother they ignored it. P couldn't take it. Now they have someone in the house who isn't used to living with no boundaries so they had to fix it.

• Heart
But yeah. Abbie is progressing soooo well let's cut back on her therapy!!
Was Therapist Brandi not aware Abbie was busting down doors and had zero boundaries? To me, that would be the behavior to work on!
But no, they wanted a child slave, a "typical teenager", someone, anyone to put away groceries, vacuum and unload the damn dishwasher! So that is what they worked on.!! For years!
But, of course, we don't see any of that on the vlog anymore. She obviously couldn't retain the information she learned so it all was an exercise in futility. They gave up!
Maybe Brandi knows Abbie's first diagnosis is Severe IDD and/or she suspects a misdiagnosis and Autism is NOT what she's dealing with.
We have seen that she's too timid to ever speak up to Assa so maybe she just goes along with their wishes to avoid conflict. Who knows.
Regardless, the whole thing reeks of Florida river water full of manatee tit.
Something nobody should submerge themselves in but - jump in Abbie, I need footage for the vlog!
#fatheringexploitation

Reactions: 8
She nearly hurt herself or others in that murky river. A nearby manatee must’ve been wondering wth was all that drama about. I didn’t see her as that unwilling to use the ladder. They didn’t give her enough chances. The steps area w/ muck could’ve had broken bottles, etc & cut her feet.

When she was sitting at the picnic table near the alpacas, it was apparent how locked into her own little world she really is.

She nearly hurt herself or others in that murky river. A nearby manatee must’ve been wondering wth was all that drama about. I didn’t see her as that unwilling to use the ladder. They didn’t give her enough chances. The steps area w/ muck could’ve had broken bottles, etc & cut her feet.

When she was sitting at the picnic table near the alpacas, it was apparent how locked into her own little world she really is.
That whole body of water was hazardous! Ewww.
She really is locked in her world!
That's exactly why they should stop the exploitation!
I hope they do a meet up near me someday. 😆😆😆. Cuz I'll be there!
And...I will vlog it and upload it right here!!😆😆

• Haha
Didn't Assa once assert Abbie would never have a boyfriend because she doesn't understand shared intimacy? Then why would she understand friendship?

Didn't Assa once assert Abbie would never have a boyfriend because she doesn't understand shared intimacy? Then why would she understand friendship?
Exactly! Abbie and Summer may have shared interests (Disney movies, not wanting to go out, etc) but that doesn’t qualify as a “friendship” by normal terms..

That whole body of water was hazardous! Ewww.
She really is locked in her world!
That's exactly why they should stop the exploitation!
I hope they do a meet up near me someday. 😆😆😆. Cuz I'll be there!
And...I will vlog it and upload it right here!!😆😆
I have personally swam in Crystal River and Rainbow River. This was so not the area of the river they needed to be jumping into and especially trying to get out at a banking area. The manatee rarely can get that close to shore, so it is filled with seaweed and then all the trash that tourist throw over the boats gets caught in it. It is a beautiful area but so not in that area...
I completely agree with the cooperation to get her out with the ladder too! Isiah was right at the top and she seen that as a block. When he moved, she was more willing to go but needed another few times but I can only imagine Summer was ready to get out immediately and didn’t want to wait anymore. Ever notice that Abbie gives Isiah a go-around. She rarely comes straight up to him or tries to push him in a different direction. She usually goes right around him, unlike others, she will just plow down. (Which is totally an Autism characteristics of not being able to see others. They will just plow down anyone and everyone because they do live in “their” world..)

Also, yes, Abbie has completely withdrawn into her own world and rarely lives in the typical world around her and it is so sad. She tries to get people to join her (grabbing a strangers hand and having them sit beside her) but then the parents intervened and she gave up.. You could clearly see it on her face, as soon as P started talking.. :(

Last edited:
I think Summer's irritation at 1:55 is starting to show.

Why do you think Isaiah is given a wide berth by Abbie? He doesn't seem particularly short with her. Assa is far more harsh and Abbie gloms onto him.

This comment has been there for 13 hours without being deleted. Good to see someone who hasn't had too much koolaid.
Screenshot_20200123-082051_Facebook.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This comment has been there for 13 hours without being deleted. Good to see someone who hasn't had too much koolaid.
View attachment 75175
Summer must be slacking on her job to delete these comments. Also did you see that "fan" say .. you do realize he sent money to the Australian fires. .. so how does that change what the OP said about support charities who support many? What sense is it to continually give to someone who is now living in luxury (probably way over their means.. but still)

Why do you think Isaiah is given a wide berth by Abbie? He doesn't seem particularly short with her. Assa is far more harsh and Abbie gloms onto him.
Because she knows Isiah doesn’t play around with her, especially when it comes to trying to get her to do things. He may laugh and kid but when it comes to actually engaging her, she will route around him because she didn’t want to get out.. She has went right around him to get chips on the bar, when she would have plowed down others. She knows he will engage and tell her no and mean it. Yes, Asa can be harsh with her but he usually will give into her and she knows it, especially if she starts being sweet.. Isiah doesn’t play that way though...

Summer must be slacking on her job to delete these comments. Also did you see that "fan" say .. you do realize he sent money to the Australian fires. .. so how does that change what the OP said about support charities who support many? What sense is it to continually give to someone who is now living in luxury (probably way over their means.. but still)
If anybody makes the least criticism of the family, Casey stickel is there. She also answers questions that people ask the family, she thinks she is the authority on them. I asked her if she knew them personally as she was quick to answer queries but she said she just watched the vlogs.
The maass squad are brutal if you say anything in disagreement.

• Haha
  • Heart
If anybody makes the least criticism of the family, Casey stickel is there. She also answers questions that people ask the family, she thinks she is the authority on them. I asked her if she knew them personally as she was quick to answer queries but she said she just watched the vlogs.
The maass squad are brutal if you say anything in disagreement.
Yup! Brutal. These people are like a cult or worse!
I have read that those on "other forums" think that WE here on this one are brutal. These are people who claim they think like us!! 😆 (we are wild and crazy, y'all) 😆
We are just stating facts, discussing video evidence and fellowshipping together about a gluttonous mother and father who exploit their non verbal SEVERELY IDD kid.
If any one came on here with a different opinion, we are decent enough people that we would welcome a discussion not resort to the tactics that the Ass Squad does.

Reactions: 13
I'm not wild and crazy. I'm a good minion who drinks my Kool Aid and does as I'm told. If anything I've said contradicts that, I must have forgotten to take my Kool Aid those days.

• Haha
That person is right. The fans are supporting their lifestyle by giving them money, but oh well.... that’s their prerogative. The fans are mean, rude and can only see one side. Maybe one day they will get it.

Them giving to the Australia was such a trend move. It is really sad what happened in Australia, don’t get me wrong (I’m glad they got every penny they could get), but it’s hard for me to see Priscilla or Asa doing anything that doesn’t come back to somehow benefit them.

That fan talks about the poinsettias. The poinsettias were given to them for raising money for the school which was actually donated by the fans. When they received the poinsettias they enlisted the help of fans to help give them out to people or to pick them up. They didn’t even have an idea of what to do with them so they put it off on their fans to help get rid of them.

She was irritated at the hockey game when Priscilla interrupted what she was saying. Most of the time Asa isn’t even talking to her, he’s talking to himself or Priscilla and Summer will answer. I don’t think she understands how Asa’s self involved vlogging works.

On another note did anyone see how Asa once again dismissed what Isaiah was talking about, points the camera right at Abbie and says “How you doing Ab”.

Don't get me started on those damn poinsettias again.!!!
The few last dying ones they had Assa and Isaiah hopped on the illegal golf cart and gave them to random "old people" in their neighborhood!
They couldn't break the law to take Abbie on the only thing she enjoyed but oh hell yah...for the vlog....let's jump on and show what wonderful giving people we are!
!#totalgarbagepeople

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.