Fathering Autism #164 In Atha’s Garage Where Secrets Lie, a Treasure trove Trough of Things Gone Awry.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regression is VERY common in individuals with autism/IDD. So yeah, it can happen for various reasons. Maybe meds need to be changed, new comorbid conditions develop (epilepsy is a very common one amongst the severe population), no structure for weeks on end (this is why my son goes to a summer program-to keep up skills learned in school), hormones can change things, medical issues like pain anywhere in the body, etc. Our last school year was spent dealing with a bit of regression behaviorally and we were tweaking all his meds. The last quarter he did fantastic and managed to make some actual gains. This summer has been MUCH better than last summer. This is why it is so important that our kids have a consistent routine and why we are scared as hell for when school ends. It can take MONTHS for a spot in a day program.
Thank You. ❤
Totally agree with the comorbid conditions and med adjustments. Also the need for structure.
Another question..
If she were to mentally regress, would her body follow suit? Basically, if she were operating at the level of say…an 8 month old, would she physically require the same care an 8 month old would?
I am just curious.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Legitimate question, not trying to be funny…
Is it possible that Abbie could regress back to an infant type of behavior? If she is mentally 18-24 months could that change as time goes on? For better or worse?
I am clueless about this so y’all put your “Be Kind” shirts on. 😂
Probably not in the way you're thinking.

I'll add the caveat here that if Abbie were left completely to her own devices basically 24/7 - think in something like an institutionalization from the 1950s type of situation, or something like Genie - she would actually "regress" to something like a true feral state - and I mean that in the clinical sense, not in the sense casually used here.

If and when the Youtube grift finally dies, and if third parties like doctors, therapists, Summer, Isaiah, some of the grandparents, etc remove themselves or are removed from Abbie's life, and if they don't have her in a group home or a day program or something - if Abbie is left solely to the "care" of her parents, she would lose the skills she currently has with them leaving her to rock on a couch in the shack day and night. It's not like she would need to drink from a bottle and forget how to walk, though.
She would gradually stop asking for things (she taps and pulls and gestures and vocalizes at people to sit with her or get her food/drink or indicates she wants to go for a ride, stuff like that), the few signs she still uses correctly would be forgotten (look at the sign for 'bathroom' as an example - since this was never consistently reinforced with her, she no longer uses it to actually mean bathroom), she'd lose any desire or ability to control her impulses...but she wouldn't be a 6 month old in an adult's body doing that. She'd still be vaguely at a toddler level - crafty enough to wreak havoc and try to entertain or comfort herself, she'd know where things like the food is kept, she'd take out her frustrations in a toddleresque targeted way.

Asa wouldn't let that happen if anyone is around to see it, though. He'd never let anyone think he was less than an ideal (in his mind) parent. Even when his YT dream draws to a close, as long as Abbie's grandparents and her doctors and even Isaiah are somewhat involved he wouldn't fully neglect Abbie in a criminal sense.
Priscilla? 100% would. If Asa dies first and she can't immediately ship Abbie off to the first facility that will take her, that poor girl is gonna be moved into the shack permanently until a spot opens up somewhere, anywhere else.

Could her "mental age" change for the better?
Yes and no.
She appears for all intents and purposes to be severely intellectually disabled. Unless she's the one in a million "locked in" type who has more mental functioning than their body and neurology can display there is nothing that can make her learn basic math or how to read. She'll never write her memoir via iPad or discuss the weather by tapping at a screen or a keyboard.

BUT.
If Abbie were in a structured environment of any sort, she would be significantly more functional than she is right now. She may be able to partially toilet train. She'd be able to communicate better - no, she wouldn't speak, but she'd be able to use sign more effectively, maybe use her iPad to say if something hurts or ask for something other than food. She may be able to do a few basics of her own self care. With proper structure and oversight she could prepare some very basic foods (no cooking, of course, but assembling a sandwich from pre-portioned ingredients for example).
If her parents had any concept of consistency and structure and routine whatsoever she would probably be doing all of the above by now.

If she were living in a quality structured group home or other professionally staffed facility I honestly feel that we'd be shocked at how much she would improve.
Again - no, she wouldn't read and write and speak, she wouldn't cook herself some spaghetti - but with structure and consistency she'd be able to do a hell of a lot more that she currently can.
---
So douche boy has posted a video and I found where is working. He may say, but haven't listened to the entire thing. BOOYA!!

View attachment 2381217
View attachment 2381215

And next there is this!!

View attachment 2381220
Yep, that's what I figured.

Same place Brandy works at.
Same place Summer works at.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

I'll add the caveat here that if Abbie were left completely to her own devices basically 24/7 - think in something like an institutionalization from the 1950s type of situation, or something like Genie - she would actually "regress" to something like a true feral state - and I mean that in the clinical sense, not in the sense casually used here.

If and when the Youtube grift finally dies, and if third parties like doctors, therapists, Summer, Isaiah, some of the grandparents, etc remove themselves or are removed from Abbie's life, and if they don't have her in a group home or a day program or something - if Abbie is left solely to the "care" of her parents, she would lose the skills she currently has with them leaving her to rock on a couch in the shack day and night. It's not like she would need to drink from a bottle and forget how to walk, though.
She would gradually stop asking for things (she taps and pulls and gestures and vocalizes at people to sit with her or get her food/drink or indicates she wants to go for a ride, stuff like that), the few signs she still uses correctly would be forgotten (look at the sign for 'bathroom' as an example - since this was never consistently reinforced with her, she no longer uses it to actually mean bathroom), she'd lose any desire or ability to control her impulses...but she wouldn't be a 6 month old in an adult's body doing that. She'd still be vaguely at a toddler level - crafty enough to wreak havoc and try to entertain or comfort herself, she'd know where things like the food is kept, she'd take out her frustrations in a toddleresque targeted way.

Asa wouldn't let that happen if anyone is around to see it, though. He'd never let anyone think he was less than an ideal (in his mind) parent. Even when his YT dream draws to a close, as long as Abbie's grandparents and her doctors and even Isaiah are somewhat involved he wouldn't fully neglect Abbie in a criminal sense.
Priscilla? 100% would. If Asa dies first and she can't immediately ship Abbie off to the first facility that will take her, that poor girl is gonna be moved into the shack permanently until a spot opens up somewhere, anywhere else.

Yes and no.
She appears for all intents and purposes to be severely intellectually disabled. Unless she's the one in a million "locked in" type who has more mental functioning than their body and neurology can display there is nothing that can make her learn basic math or how to read. She'll never write her memoir via iPad or discuss the weather by tapping at a screen or a keyboard.

BUT.
If Abbie were in a structured environment of any sort, she would be significantly more functional than she is right now. She may be able to partially toilet train. She'd be able to communicate better - no, she wouldn't speak, but she'd be able to use sign more effectively, maybe use her iPad to say if something hurts or ask for something other than food. She may be able to do a few basics of her own self care. With proper structure and oversight she could prepare some very basic foods (no cooking, of course, but assembling a sandwich from pre-portioned ingredients for example).
If her parents had any concept of consistency and structure and routine whatsoever she would probably be doing all of the above by now.

If she were living in a quality structured group home or other professionally staffed facility I honestly feel that we'd be shocked at how much she would improve.
Again - no, she wouldn't read and write and speak, she wouldn't cook herself some spaghetti - but with structure and consistency she'd be able to do a hell of a lot more that she currently can.
---

No wonder Twatty keeps saying that Boy Wonder is "changing lives", it's right on their banner , "Let Us Help You Discover How Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Changes Lives" 🧐 🧐 🧐 🧐

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Argh! Now I gotta go watch that elephant stampede again to catch the wheezing. 😂
---

I couldn’t take that tit. The braying goat sound. 🐐🐐🐐
NOPE.
If I couldn't give her an extra dose of Hydroxyzine to simmer that down…then I would take some..like more than 2.
Seriously it would drive me to insanity and I’d be being carted off to a mental health unit as there’s no way I could handle all of those loud, unholy noises coming from her day and night. All of her noises go through me like nails on a chalk board but according to Asa it’s her way of “talking” so they just let her go at it. I dislike them and think they’re awful people but I must admit I don’t envy them having to listen to Abbie day and night for the last 18 or so years. Their hearing must be shot to tit by now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Yes and no.

BUT.

---

So, a couple of questions:

Could this be why Brandy left, if she remained treating Abbie, would there be some conflict of interest in the RBT world (GB working at the same place where Abbie is/was being treated)???

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So, a couple of questions:

Could this be why Brandy left, if she remained treating Abbie, would there be some conflict of interest in the RBT world (GB working at the same place where Abbie is/was being treated)???
I think there are a couple things at play here.

Medicaid will only pay for 1 ABA provider.

The Program™ she just started attending isn't truly a "vocational and life skills" training situation; it's clinic-based ABA therapy. Asa's just trying to make it sound like it's the next step in her amazing progress. In order to get Abbie out of the house for 25 hours a week they had to withdraw Abbie from Brandy's care so Medicaid will pay for The Program™.

I'm unsure if there would be a conflict of interest, though, regarding Isaiah working at the same practice as Brandy. Normally I would say yes, absolutely, but Summer was working there when she was living with the Maasses, at least for some of that time.
It may be that because she's not blood related it wasn't considered a conflict of interest.

Or, and I'm speculating here because lining up the timing will require more digging than I can do right now, it may be that Abbie "didn't need ABA anymore" the first time Brandy left because Summer was working there. Does anyone remember off the top of their head when Abbie "graduated" from ABA the first time? Was it around the time Summer moved in/started working as an RBT?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Need to fully catch up, but her manic dancing reminded me of this oldie but goody so had to share with you all!
Start at the 9 min mark and enjoy. To this day, I cant understand how she thinks shes so cute acting this way.
This is worse than today- she looks unhinged. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OMG! Fatty Patty is batty. She has to make it about herself. Sad and sickening.

• Sick
  • Haha

Yes and no.

BUT.

---

For all the years Abbie was at JSA and having in-house therapy, A&P were still able to sideline any progression. I think this is why A pushes so hard on saying she is progressing because he's probably been told many times she has not progressed due to their inability or desire to follow through with structure and consistency at home. His ego is so fragile he can't stand to hear anything that might suggest they weren't doing what they should be doing for her. It's why the homeschool teacher "didn't work out". They have really screwed this up and we're talking about a young woman who depends 100% on their decisions and care of her. They take the path of least resistance because they're lazy, but when Abbie does something like the incident in the restaurant, they call in the cavalry (Brandy) to fix it.

Asa is going to continue the homeschool solely for content for his channel. If I recall, they were taking her to OT therapy and they mentioned Abbie was being aggressive during those therapy sessions. After that was mentioned, we never heard of her going back to OT therapy. I wonder if this "program" will be set up to deal with these types of situations and if this new program instructs them on things they need to follow through at home. Or will they just decide to drug her to the max when they send her to her new program.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Need to fully catch up, but her manic dancing reminded me of this oldie but goody so had to share with you all!
Start at the 9 min mark and enjoy. To this day, I cant understand how she thinks shes so cute acting this way.
This is worse than today- she looks unhinged. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

WTF she's swiveling that huge ass around...makes me wanna barf. I wonder what it would even feel like to have a caboose that enormous

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Seriously it would drive me to insanity and I’d be being carted off to a mental health unit as there’s no way I could handle all of those loud, unholy noises coming from her day and night. All of her noises go through me like nails on a chalk board but according to Asa it’s her way of “talking” so they just let her go at it. I dislike them and think they’re awful people but I must admit I don’t envy them having to listen to Abbie day and night for the last 18 or so years. Their hearing must be shot to tit by now.
It's all their own doing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Who schooled this twink on bidets? Hmmmmmmm…..😂🤔😂
View attachment 2381270
Guilty as charged.
View attachment 2381272
That was a strange video Isaiah just posted. I didn’t know he had IBS. He explains that’s why he needs the bidet. And he tested it in front of the camera. 🤢 I think it’s great he has a job, gets out of the house….I hope he gets an apartment soon and moves away from Ass and Pig for good. I hope he doesn’t film anything that gets him fired from his new job. He needs this for his mental health and growth towards independence.
The best thing that ever happened to Summer is getting away from the Maasives who used her shamelessly. They still would if they could. Do they have any shame?

• Heart
  • Sick
If I recall, they were taking her to OT therapy and they mentioned Abbie was being aggressive during those therapy sessions. After that was mentioned, we never heard of her going back to OT therapy. I wonder if this "program" will be set up to deal with these types of situations and if this new program instructs them on things they need to follow through at home. Or will they just decide to drug her to the max when they send her to her new program.
This new thing really looks to be geared towards kids, not (physical) adults. With so many children around, like her apparent former OT, they may not tolerate much, if any, aggression from a fully grown woman.

Supposedly this place heavily stresses parent training and parent involvement. We all know how that's going to go.

Maybe we should start taking bets. Between the 2 hours of driving, the parent involvement, and Abbie's aggression will she last 6 months? A year? Less?

Who schooled this twink on bidets? Hmmmmmmm…..😂🤔😂
That boy is no twink.

At best he's a cub. Another few months with his mama's "cooking" and he'll be a chub.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
That was a strange video Isaiah just posted. I didn’t know he had IBS. He explains that’s why he needs the bidet. And he tested it in front of the camera. 🤢 I think it’s great he has a job, gets out of the house….I hope he gets an apartment soon and moves away from Ass and Pig for good. I hope he doesn’t film anything that gets him fired from his new job. He needs this for his mental health and growth towards independence.
The best thing that ever happened to Summer is getting away from the Maasives who used her shamelessly. They still would if they could. Do they have any shame?
I did not watch his video. I hate Izzy’s vlogs. He and Atha both claim to have IBS, as well as ADHD. From what I have gathered, Atha’s ADHD is self diagnosed, so meh…
But with the IBS…two major factors…diet and STRESS. I can’t imagine where those two triggers stem from. 🙄 Surely it doesn’t have anything to do with one chortling, giant lump of flesh? A common denominator, perhaps?
---
This new thing really looks to be geared towards kids, not (physical) adults. With so many children around, like her apparent former OT, they may not tolerate much, if any, aggression from a fully grown woman.

Supposedly this place heavily stresses parent training and parent involvement. We all know how that's going to go.

Maybe we should start taking bets. Between the 2 hours of driving, the parent involvement, and Abbie's aggression will she last 6 months? A year? Less?

That boy is no twink.

At best he's a cub. Another few months with his mama's "cooking" and he'll be a chub.
I have no idea what a cub is, but…I am about to go find out. A chub…Oh yes…10-4 . 😂😂😂
Aaaahhhhh Hhhhaaaaa!😂
I see said the blind cat.
IMG_6134.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
That was a strange video Isaiah just posted. I didn’t know he had IBS.
Either:

1. Asa & Priscilla did one singular thing right with their kids by never mentioning that anywhere on the vlogs or social media and instead left it up to him to disclose if he felt like it

or

2. They never followed up with doctors to get him diagnosed as a child/teen and he did that on his own in college

I have no idea what a cub is, but…I am about to go find out. A chub…Oh yes…10-4 . 😂😂😂
Aaaahhhhh Hhhhaaaaa!😂
I see said the blind cat.
View attachment 2381308

Oh no no.

Those are words to describe body types & personalities of gay men.

Twink = clean shaven, skinny, young-looking
Cub = thick, kinda hairy
Chub = self explanatory, really - a chubby to fat guy. If Asa were cruising the gay bars he'd be considered a chub.

Then there's things like a bear (thick, muscular, hairy, often 30+), hunk (muscular, clean shaven, youngish), twunk (a twink with some muscles), otter (skinny hairy dude), the list goes on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Either:

1. Asa & Priscilla did one singular thing right with their kids by never mentioning that anywhere on the vlogs or social media and instead left it up to him to disclose if he felt like it

or

2. They never followed up with doctors to get him diagnosed as a child/teen and he did that on his own in college

Oh no no.

Those are words to describe body types & personalities of gay men.

Twink = clean shaven, skinny, young-looking
Cub = thick, kinda hairy
Chub = self explanatory, really - a chubby to fat guy. If Asa were cruising the gay bars he'd be considered a chub.

Then there's things like a bear (thick, muscular, hairy, often 30+), hunk (muscular, clean shaven, youngish), twunk (a twink with some muscles), otter (skinny hairy dude), the list goes on.
This changes everything! 😂 For the better. A cub. Thick and kinda hairy. I cannot unsee that patch of fur sprouting between those Izzy boobies. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.