Fathering Autism #162 An Aujism Shirt for You and One for Me. Aujism Shirts for All. WeeWeeWee🐽

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was said that the reason Isaiah’s last week was the week before Abbie went to camp is because he was going to start his masters and job, maybe I heard wrong. Did anyone else hear that from them? If that was the case, how does he have time to travel to NC?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
These people will do anything for a buck EXCEPT work! Why would anyone want to buy a pic that he took at Biltmore??? Also, if he’s in NC, he didn’t help whoever had Abbie while the fatties were in KW.
And Izzy says he'll be on his vlog more now that he has more time cuz he's finished at camp. WTF...thought he had a job and school...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I thought it was said that the reason Isaiah’s last week was the week before Abbie went to camp is because he was going to start his masters and job, maybe I heard wrong. Did anyone else hear that from them? If that was the case, how does he have time to travel to NC?
Asa replied it in the YouTube comments.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I totally remember that because I thought it was so strange to start a masters at the middle to the end of July.

Reactions: 23
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Why does she think anyone cares about her packing. The glimpse of the dress on her Instagram story doesn't look promising.
She may just look like a big old black taffeta blob

Now back to catching up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Why does she think anyone cares about her packing. The glimpse of the dress on her Instagram story doesn't look promising.
She may just look like a big old black taffeta blob

Now back to catching up
Who else was surprised to see that the Maasholes own a scale 🐽 🐽 🐽 🐽 🐽 😂😂😂😂😂😂 That mouldy looking manicure on Twatty Beast is absolutely hideous. The colour is vile and that weird embellishment on the one nail looks like chipped polish.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Who else was surprised to see that the Maasholes own a scale 🐽 🐽 🐽 🐽 🐽 😂😂😂😂😂😂 That mouldy looking manicure on Twatty Beast is absolutely hideous. The colour is vile and that weird embellishment on the one nail looks like chipped polish.
I was more surprised that the professional travelers don't own a luggage scale. I'm sure they could've found a nice one during prime days.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I was more surprised that the professional travelers don't own a luggage scale. I'm sure they could've found a nice one during prime days.
(Now that it’s mentioned here, they’ll have one soon. Maybe even have Abbie weigh things for homefooling.)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Wait, so Abbie has an autism diagnosis and that's it? Did they never need to get an updated diagnosis or anything for the purpose of helping ABbie to the best of her ability? I don't understand this at all. Wouldn't JSA have wanted to know about different testing so they could best help her? Is this a regular thing?
There is literally zero chance that "autism" is her only official medical diagnosis.

My assumption is that they refused to allow formal medical evaluation for an intellectual disability diagnosis at least until recently, and if she's had the evaluation done it would have only been because it was required for the guardianship process.
That's what he meant when he was blabbering in the pool about Abbie not having a developmental disability diagnosis - "developmental disability" itself isn't a diagnosis, it's an umbrella term that encompasses a number of diagnoses. ADHD is a developmental disability. Cerebral Palsy is a developmental disability. Spina bifida is a developmental disability. Autism spectrum disorder is a developmental disability, or, more narrowly, an Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD). Of course she wouldn't have a diagnosis of developmental disability/IDD. They're not diagnoses. Asa was using a little smug wordplay to maintain his narrative.

There are other diagnoses often made in the absence of something like an ASD or intellectual disability diagnosis in situations where they can't yet diagnose the main issue or if the parents don't cooperate. For example, in the long process leading up to my younger child's autism diagnosis they were given a diagnosis of Stereotypy. Our neurologist observed stereotyped behaviors (stimming) and added Stereotypy - the medical term for stimming - to child's medical records. There were a couple other symptom diagnoses listed as well until we got through the wait lists and evaluations and an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis was given.
Abbie was, according to Asa, given a "global developmental delay" diagnosis. That's one of those stand-in diagnoses where doctors can't yet diagnose an ID on a young child. If, as it appears, they wouldn't allow medical evaluation for an intellectual disability she likely has other stand-in diagnoses like Cognitive Deficit/Cognitive Impairment, Deficits in Adaptive Behavior, Borderline Intellectual Functioning, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, and so on. Asa just doesn't admit to any of that - likely even to themselves let alone publicly.

In terms of schooling & JSA, that's a bit more complicated.
When she was in public school she would have been given what's called educational diagnoses for any issues related to her schooling. An educational diagnosis is only relevant to school. Insurance doesn't care about it, SSA doesn't care about it, public (and most private) programs don't care about it; it's only relevant to the school setting. As an example: I have a family member who entered kindergarten with major delays in many areas. Their parents were (and are) in denial, didn't believe in "labeling" a child, etc etc so they had never sought medical or early intervention help. This child is clearly mildly autistic and needed quite a bit of support once they entered school. The parents agreed to an IEP and the recommended in-school therapies but declined seeking any medical evaluations. This child has several educational diagnoses including speech or language impairment, other health impairment, and specific learning disability but they have no diagnoses on their medical records with their pediatrician beyond Anxiety. Abbie would have been given any of a number of educational diagnoses including all the above I listed + autism + maybe intellectual disability (they moved her to JSA when she was young so it's possible the school didn't settle on ID yet).
Asa already looks down on educated people like doctors and he has a personal grudge against Duval County schools so he's going to ignore any educational diagnoses they gave her.
What complicates things is that JSA is not a public school. It's a private school. That means it isn't bound by the federal IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act) law like public schools are. They don't have to follow (or issue) IEPs, they don't have to follow or issue educational diagnoses, they can kinda just do what they want. Was JSA fully aware of Abbie's level of functioning? Absolutely. But they're a business - all private schools are - and their primary concern is collecting tuition so if Abbie never got formal medical evaluations done beyond her initial autism diagnoses 16 years ago that isn't a dealbreaker. They don't need it, and they're not bound by any laws to have it. They did their own evaluations on her and provided the education they felt was appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
CoffeeMom stated it much more eloquently than I could have. As far as myself as a parent, I never turned down the opportunity to have thorough assessments done on my kid. We spent so many years in the dark regarding his tourette's even though we took him to numerous doctors. It is hell when you KNOW there is something going on that is making your child's life difficult, but no one takes you seriously because of their autism. I turned into that mom who recorded everything and brought pages of notes and in my "spare" time, scoured the internet for any info I could find. If it helps my child who is now an adult, I'm all for it. Documentation is never a bad thing. It helps in most cases. Our son's teachers and other staff can only do so much and for him, a single diagnosis of Autism was more of a hindrance. They may not realize it, but there may come a time when she needs those actual diagnosis documented in her medical records. ID would be a huge one.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They are 💯 embarrassed by Abbies intellectual disability, aka the new R word.
Abbie is a human being who deserves way more than these 2 garbage people provide. We know that. Would Abbie be "smarter" if they did right by her? I doubt it.
Because, the fact is, she is profoundly ID. I'm not saying she's a "potato" but I will say that her cognitive abilities and IQ are extremely low.
One's IQ doesn't change that much and if it's so low that it can't be measured to begin with, you shouldn't expect miracles if it went up 4-5 points.
She is not participating and/or socializing at camp any more than she does at home because her brain is not wired like that.
She's in her own little zone and by little, I mean tiny.
Assa knows all of this. He's spinning an Autism lie to earn a paycheck.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I know her gigantic clothes take up more room than normal people clothes, but 3 suitcases?? And what’s she going to do when she lands??

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Asa has blabbered on for years about Abbie being diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay.
But now he's acting as if he never said it.
Why???
He’s so full of sh*t. Wouldn’t they have wanted to have her diagnosed for all she may have so they could best get her services that would help her. He has definitely contradicted himself thru the years. These people just seem to avoid the reality of the situation just like Big P’s ever expanding girth.

Reactions: 25
I know her gigantic clothes take up more room than normal people clothes, but 3 suitcases?? And what’s she going to do when she lands??
Is it wicked of me to wish for a real flustercluck that lands her overnight in a different city and she has to find transportation AND acomodations to and from the airport and when she finally gets to DC there is nobody to greet her and she has to find her own way to Palooza and passes out from exhaustion?

1690228084939.png

---
Maybe that's her come hither look to Asshat
Ok that even made me throw up a little
Off to the corner now to try and unsee the tongue
"Oh Atha, I'm feeling frithky from the Margaritaths, theafood and all the thingth. Kith me you thexthy beatht" 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
That’s more luggage than our international students bring for a year, including winter season gear.

My husband, two teenagers, and I flew to the UK two days after the 2005 London bombings. In order to be hands-free (to hang on to each other if needed and not bounce suitcases down the streets), we had one backpack duffle the four of us shared. Each had fanny packs or small back packs. We each packed two shirts, one pair of pants and a jacket, a pair of sandals, adequate undies and socks we could wash every few days and air dry overnight, and toiletries, in addition to the clothes we wore. That sufficiently supported us through two weeks in the UK and France. Big P is such a pretend princess. But we really know she’s more like this:

IMG_4443.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.